• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violet_0

Banned
I checked out Syndra's win rate % by game length, it's not what I expected. For some reason I figured she'd get better as the game progresses, not the other way around. I think I might hold out on getting her, I don't really like playing against the clock

I checked out Syndra's win rate % by game length, it's not what I expected. For some reason I figured she'd get better as the game progresses, not the other way around. I think I might hold out on getting her, I don't really like playing against the clock
Mages falling off a bit late game isn't really abnormal. Besides, you're not really playing against the clock, she's no Panth.

thecdr

Banned
Syndra scales quite well into the late game, you can safely ignore the stats. She ain't Karthus, but you'll still get the job done.

Neol

Her passive autoattack changes its effect in accordance with the last spell you used so there is some skill to that.

Yea no she's pretty simple.

Leezard

On her release she didn't even have different powerchords depending on what aura you used last; she just had that one, generic, standard damage one.

Balthuk

She reminds me of udyr where his design sounds like it enables versatility but late game you mostly spam abilities and only stop to think which one you want once in a while. I don't really like the idea of encouraging the change of auras/modes for him and probably sona as well.

zkylon

zkylewd
she's not playing against the clock, that's just dumb. like stone said, she's not pantheon

she's a lane bully and an assassin-like mage and both of those things have reduced relevancy late game so she just loses effectiveness as the game goes on. she still has pick potential and aoe and she can still oneshot carries and provide cc, so she's still good for most of the game

she's just not ori

The simplicity of her kit means that she can't be good without being too good.

Her skill ceiling is being able to use her passive as an auto attack reset.
not only that but her kit being able to affect from one to five champions at once with similar ease also makes her really difficult to balance

her ult really exemplifies this, to land sona's ult you have to time it, aim it and position yourself in a way that catches the most people. it takes skill to get a great ult off, which is why the spell is allowed to be so devastatingly good. and even if you use it on a single enemy it's still a really good spell. this is all thanks to her ult being easy to whiff and dependant on skill (both sona's and her enemies) and high cooldowns (not only ult but also flash).

the rest of her kit by comparison is just spammy and uninvolved. you press heal when someone's low, you press dmg when a baddie is close, you press speed whenever you want your passive lol. and with the same amount of effort it might hit one or all five of your teammates, and so it has to be balanced around that best possible scenario being as easy to access to as the worst, making all her spells feel like weak invisible power (even if they're really strong).

that's why they reduced the aura areas, to make best possible scenarios a bit more difficult to happen. but now she feels awful to play and she's still winning through invisible power.

so yeah, the auras concept, maybe that's just gotta go

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't think the idea is making her impossible to play tho -__-

you can have an easy to play champion that is still balanceable around skill (braum/sion)

pigeon

Banned
i don't think the idea is making her impossible to play tho -__-

you can have an easy to play champion that is still balanceable around skill (braum/sion)

There's a ton of room in Sona's kit for skill challenges right now, really. Right now Sona gets a huge slop timer to float over to people and hug them. That's not core, they could easily require hugging your targets on first cast. There's no real reason Sona's Q and W actives need to autotarget either, they could be targeted or even skillshots. (Actually a healing skillshot would be cool. Lux is the closest to that now I think.)

Part of the problem with current Sona is that old Sona was even EASIER to play. People complained a lot about the new Sona being awful at launch when she was actually brokenly good, because Sona players weren't used to like trying to do things. So a lot of the design is in there to compensate people who were used to even larger auras with even less gameplay requirements. I think those people have probably all churned out of League by now so good time to make Sona hard to play.

bad supp kit because youre basically one and done in fights and ur auras rapidly become less powerful

compare that to shit like janna whos almost impossible to kill or thresh who does literally everything

zkylon

zkylewd
There's a ton of room in Sona's kit for skill challenges right now, really. Right now Sona gets a huge slop timer to float over to people and hug them. That's not core, they could easily require hugging your targets on first cast. There's no real reason Sona's Q and W actives need to autotarget either, they could be targeted or even skillshots. (Actually a healing skillshot would be cool. Lux is the closest to that now I think.)

Part of the problem with current Sona is that old Sona was even EASIER to play. People complained a lot about the new Sona being awful at launch when she was actually brokenly good, because Sona players weren't used to like trying to do things. So a lot of the design is in there to compensate people who were used to even larger auras with even less gameplay requirements. I think those people have probably all churned out of League by now so good time to make Sona hard to play.
lemme rephrase that. sona is a starter champion and should be fairly easy. so invoker isn't a champion you should be looking into for inspiration for sona

ideas like the ones you're saying are the kind of changes i would like seeing and i agree that targeted utility is kind of boring and there's already been a few interesting things done with "missable" utility (bard healing shrine thingies and tunnels, nami's w, lux w, thresh lantern, kindred ult, fiora ult heals) so she could definitely move that way

that being said not sure how wonky she'll feel to play if she has that many skillshots. like aim at the enemies, then at your friends, then back to enemies etc.

like that crap's fun on ori but her e's targeted and ori's meant to be harder to play anyways

just make sona rubick

q is magic green shit that does damage
w is like a blitzhook except its like a nami bubble skillshot
r is spell steal
e is the stolen spell

perfect leeg rubick

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Leave Sona alone
2Z4KqDF.png

(costy give buffs and revert nerfs pls kthx)

zkylon

zkylewd
i would like to see a shapeshifting support like nidalee only like a real support

tho shapeshifters in league tend to be like SPEND ALL COOLDOWNS ASAP so i wonder how it'd be balanced, maybe sharing cooldowns between forms or something

something like offensive utility and defensive utility modes

it'd sound cool for that support assassin thing they were talking about once

Quonny

Hel from SMITE sounds like what you'd like.

She has a dark form and a light form. The form is stronger the longer you stay in it (it's like 3 seconds to reach maximum power). So you can switch forms but staying has benefits.

pigeon

Banned
Hel from SMITE sounds like what you'd like.

She has a dark form and a light form. The form is stronger the longer you stay in it (it's like 3 seconds to reach maximum power). So you can switch forms but staying has benefits.

I don't think this can really be a Smite champ, she appears to be wearing a shirt.

Leezard

i would like to see a shapeshifting support like nidalee only like a real support

tho shapeshifters in league tend to be like SPEND ALL COOLDOWNS ASAP so i wonder how it'd be balanced, maybe sharing cooldowns between forms or something

something like offensive utility and defensive utility modes

it'd sound cool for that support assassin thing they were talking about once

Lulu is almost like that considering her W/E different uses on ally/enemy cast

faridmon

Piss off guys, I like Sona as she is. Very easy to play and be good at, and catch people out of position because her squashy nature, and I always get my ult right. Her kit is just fine.

Leave Sona alone.

bought kindred

first game with her I won as adc

second game I carried as jungler with 17/11/4. Would of done better if I remembered to switch who I wanted to hunt.

Damn you are good.

I just had the idea of just having a straight tanky Runes for Kindered because I keep dying too much. Lets see how that works.

TheFlow

Banned
Piss off guys, I like Sona as she is. Very easy to play and be good at, and catch people out of position because her squashy nature, and I always get my ult right. Her kit is just fine.

Leave Sona alone.

Damn you are good.

I just had the idea of just having a straight tanky Runes for Kindered because I keep dying too much. Lets see how that works.
Lol I am silver 4 definitely one of the worse players here. Kindreds kit just works with play style.
I might start playing her in the jungle more considering She is a tank killer

faridmon

Lol I am silver 4 definitely one of the worse players here. Kindreds kit just works with play style.
I might start playing her in the jungle more considering She is a tank killer

Well she is a jungle champ after all.

The problem is that she (well I) have a hard time paying against champs that rely on surprise attacks such as Vi and Shaco, but yeah, Tanky Junglers are more fun to tackle.

I have to also use her AA ore, I just rely too much on Q to do some dmg (which in essence drains my mana)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom