• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwardo

No. Basically, well, his last E was where he shot into the air, but b1efore that, in order to get that effect you had to shoot one of your minions in order to use 'Raise Morale'.

Oh damn that's crazy. I remember his old E, but I don't remember anything before that. I played a little during season 1, then stopped and went back to da dota.

zkylon

zkylewd
gp is super strong lol

his barrels make him impossible to 1v1.
yeah i think so too, but he seems to have a pretty high skill floor from what i've seen

like difference between quas and huni using barrels for last hitting and for escapes looked pretty huge, huni looked super confused playing him lol

Ya I am too. I think my buddy plays either him or Ekko every game we duo.
sounds like a bad friend to duo with haha

yasuo still sucks balls tho

yup

Leezard

yeah i think so too, but he seems to have a pretty high skill floor from what i've seen

like difference between quas and huni using barrels for last hitting and for escapes looked pretty huge, huni looked super confused playing him lol

Huni was really bad on GP, he messed up everything so much.

Soaz was great on GP though.

Oh damn that's crazy. I remember his old E, but I don't remember anything before that. I played a little during season 1, then stopped and went back to da dota.

Yeah. It was the only form of denial. In Combination with stacking Philo Stones/Heart of Golds, it made Gangplank a completely disgusting character to lane against.

Tizoc

http://matchhistory.eune.leagueofle...etails/EUN1/1232788279/205390904?tab=overview
The untanking Amu is the deadliest
Snm0i9R.jpg

Had some lag spikes but otherwise we pulled through

Fucker would waste my team mates whenever he Qs. Vlad had trouble with HEimer at top but we won 1 team fight at their mid base turret while Yasuo was afk or something and then we proceeded to rush them.

yo, what did they do to make Shyvana seem broken? I haven't seen a bad Shyvana in a game in weeks?

Sated Devourer which exponentially increases attack speed and gives you a magic damage buffer to your auto attacks dependent on how many big jungle creeps killed.

Also the titanium hydra which is good on her apparently.

Sated Devourer which exponentially increases attack speed and gives you a magic damage buffer to your auto attacks dependent on how many big jungle creeps killed.

Also the titanium hydra which is good on her apparently.

oh i've heard of this "sated" thing. is that similar to the old feral flare? where you get pissed at your jungler for farming it and never ganking, then thank them when they carry 1v5?

oh i've heard of this "sated" thing. is that similar to the old feral flare? where you get pissed at your jungler for farming it and never ganking, then thank them when they carry 1v5?

Yes, but they made it alot easier to get in comparison to feral flare and alot stronger than feral flare.

Yes, but they made it alot easier to get in comparison to feral flare and alot stronger than feral flare.

interesting. so it doesn't take ~20 minutes to get like the flare used to? or is it that you just don't need to be as AFK as you used to have to be back then?

and yea, that + hydra explain why Shyvana is out there winning 1v3 fights in my matches. just a ton of damage output.

if u take objectives u get it faster

O_O

So is there any reason to *not* get it on a jungler that does autoattack damage (vi/shyvana/yi/evelyn/kayle/udyr/ww/etc)?

Leezard

You can get it sated by 18 minutes if you're having a good game, otherwise 21-22 min into the game is not uncommon.

Or you can be incompetent and have half stacks by 28 minutes.

Devourer is okay balance wise. Only outlier was and still is Shyv - and Kayle I guess but Kayle is so weak early that I haven't seen anyone actually do well with her post first day hype.

zkylon

zkylewd
O_O

So is there any reason to *not* get it on a jungler that does autoattack damage (vi/shyvana/yi/evelyn/kayle/udyr/ww/etc)?
i'd say it depends on the jungler.

like, someone like vi or eve who want to have some sort of early pressure i think should buy warriors/whatever eve builds now, or maybe get cinderhulk if u got enough dmg in ur team already

i think rush got runeglaive on eve and hard carried one of the games against liquid, that's the idea i have

disclaimer: i know nothing about jungling

Huni was really bad on GP, he messed up everything so much.

Soaz was great on GP though.
yea he was pretty bad haha

huni needs to eat more mandarins

drawkcaB

Devourer is okay balance wise. Only outlier was and still is Shyv - and Kayle I guess but Kayle is so weak early that I haven't seen anyone actually do well with her post first day hype.

Nah, there's more outliers who make exceptional use of Devourer, two of which scare me more than Shyvana or Kayle when I see them on the opposing team.

I hate devourer.

Nekofrog

Banned
it's not just sated devourer that makes shyvana really good. it's the anti-kite itemization that has sprung up relatively recently. deadmans plate with her W and a randuins? you aint outrunning that.

Nah, there's more outliers who make exceptional use of Devourer, two of which scare me more than Shyvana or Kayle when I see them on the opposing team.

I hate devourer.

who? I felt like I saw a fairly broken Vi, Master Yi and Udyr with them (in addition to Shyv). someone else, tho? Because Shyvana seems broken as fuck with that item.

jerd

I too like to rush a shit item and build 1/2 of 4 other items so that when I finish them all at once late game I just come outa nowhere

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
^When support/jungle mains try to play other roles

When the enemy ADC is so terrible, you feel bad for the other team. I can imagine getting that shit on my team.

what the fuck is he doing with those items.

but real talk: I have most certainly learned that the support largely determines who wins bot lane. when there's a passive support vs an aggressive one, the success of the aggro supports carry can be seen on the scoreboard in more ways than one.

drawkcaB

it's not just sated devourer that makes shyvana really good. it's the anti-kite itemization that has sprung up relatively recently. deadmans plate with her W and a randuins? you aint outrunning that.

Eh, I doubt that. Her win rates haven't budged much with the new items. I actually think the new items are quite good, though Dead Man's Plate is overrated. But at the same it's difficult to ignore than none of the bruisers who actually do pick up these items have seen performance improvements, save Skarner and Garen who were reworked.

(dead's man's plate isn't that great for anti-kite, it's best use is to assist in map travel)

Who? I can only possibly think of Xin's two hit knockup

Xin's one of them, and the synergy between W-Sated-BotRK is more significant than the two hit knock-ups. Devourer builds on Xin tend to lack the CDR necessary to really pump out large quantities of knock-ups in any given fight. Statistically, Xin puts out almost as much damage as Shyvana (despite having meandering AoE) and manages to soak up more damage as well by a decent amount (~1500-2000) and he does this while actually being relevant early, mid, and late game thanks to his CC.

The other is Warwick. Even if the opposing team plays it smart, gets Mikeal's, QSS, etc. he ends up sucking up the opponent's focus in a way that Shyvana can't came late game, the latter of which falls off hard, as borne out by her shitty 40+ min win rate.

May as well throw in Tryndamere. I'm shocked that he hasn't overtaken Yi as the "I just want to farm and carry from the jungle champion" for players looking for that sort of [terrible] experience. He's much more suited for it.

I don't really get the overvaluation of Shyvana here and elsewhere.

who? I felt like I saw a fairly broken Vi, Master Yi and Udyr with them (in addition to Shyv). someone else, tho? Because Shyvana seems broken as fuck with that item.

I don't recommend Devourer on Vi, at all. Vi either needs burst damage to take out the target or get tanky enough to let her AAs (via W procs) be impactful. The former demands Warriors, the latter Cinderhulk. Mistime an engage with Devourer, and you're going to have an awful time. Worse still, pick up Devourer without another tank/initiator and get ready to feel utterly useless 25mins onwards. Honestly, Vi's default build path should be Cinderhulk with Warriors as an option if Vi is getting fed early on. Cinderhulk->Titanic Hydra->BC->Tank is her overall build by far.

Yi sucks. Junglers looking to play a carry champion should be picking up Tryndamere.

Udyr does well with any of Warrior, Cinderhulk, or Devourer. His win rates don't vary all that much between the choices. I actually quite like Udyr, particularly the experienced ones who know how to counterjungle and such.

jerd

Ugh ekko is the only academy champ I like but the skin sucks imo

I may just have to buy sandstorm even tho that one seems kinda meh too

what the fuck is he doing with those items.

but real talk: I have most certainly learned that the support largely determines who wins bot lane. when there's a passive support vs an aggressive one, the success of the aggro supports carry can be seen on the scoreboard in more ways than one.
that wasnt a case of support vs support

that was a case of trist thinking she was in a garage sale.

drawkcaB

when I see her lose a few more times, I'll agree she's being overvalued.

Why wait? Every single stat site shows her at about 50% in the jungle, which to me feels about right given my experience. When I see her on the loading screen on either team I don't feel like I'm more or less likely to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom