• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
nah lizz comes out of nowhere and has point and click cc and aoe cc why would you give her more damage
are we going to have this conversation again?

she has a billion tradeoffs for everything she does and she's weak as shit right now

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Doesn't that ultimate count as suppression because you can't do anything nor be attacked in a block of ice?
can't do anything is a property of a stun.
you can be attacked and for that matter you can be attacked in suppression too.

The only suppressions in the game are malz, warwick, skarner and urgot ults.

zkylon

zkylewd
Doesn't that ultimate count as suppression because you can't do anything nor be attacked in a block of ice?

suppression is a two way "stun" thing (so like malzahar/ww and their victims both can't move or do anything) that can't be mikael'd or cleansed

lissandra ult is just a stun, you can just get mikael'd out of it or just buy qss since it also gives u a good chunk of mr

lissandra ult also has 550 range so if she gets to you she probably did a cool engage or you mispositioned, both cases in which it's fair for her to kill you.

kenbo

i don't know what's up with the servers now, but the ping is a fucking lie.

lag definitely feels worse than before the server move despite my "ping" being < 50ms compared to the 90ms of before. i don't know what the issue is, but it feels like 200ms.
Which ISP?

lissandra ult also has 550 range so if she gets to you she probably did a cool engage or you mispositioned, both cases in which it's fair for her to kill you.
Because dying to point and click spells without being able to respond is so fun

550 range shouldn't mean she should be able to kill you without any counterplay especially since that should include her claw range.
Diana similarly is an all in mage and can have her skills dodged. A Liss with kill potential basically just needs to claw in over a wall midpoint and just ult you to kill you

How is it fair that you should die if Liss gets within 550 range of you? That unfairness was the reason ryze got reworked and it's even easier for lizz to get within striking range

Time and time again theyve shown the intent that they want Liss to be an initiator first and assassin, a far second.

Maybe they'll give her a shield on w cast next

kenbo

Nah you can't

Ranged point and click cc and point proven terb, imagine if Leo had a lot of damage she would be disgusting

faridmon

My next goal; How to beat an aggressive Blitz with Sona.

I honestly got rekt by him last game. The moment he runs after you is just pressurising and cornering me with his ADC was easy for him. It didn't help that my ADC played quite passively, but I have to figure out how to out manoeuvre him.

I could use E, but there is also his grappler....

Mikael is just for standard CC outside suppression.

QSS removes debuffs and summoners too.

Cleanse removes all CC but not debuffs.

Edit: I think Cleanse doesn't remove suppression so it's just like Mikael?

Leezard

Mikael is just for standard CC outside suppression.

QSS removes debuffs and summoners too.

Cleanse removes all CC but not debuffs.

Edit: I think Cleanse doesn't remove suppression so it's just like Mikael?

Cleanse does indeed not remove suppression.

In the league days of old it did, which made WW/Malz near unplayable in ranked.

I think Cleanse removes Ignite or something nowadays though, it hasn't always done that (or rather, IIRC it used to remove it but got nerfed to not remove it and now it removes it again).

jerd

Yeah cleanse tooltip really needs to be updated. People always take it vs malz and when i let them know it doesn't clear suppression it's always "tooltip says all cc dummy"

Its not that lissandra is weak as shit

Its that shes outclassed by far better ap mids and what not. Liss is fine as she is until shes put up against those better ap mids. So its not a matter of just buffing liss, they need to tear down all the strong picks. Huehue

Luigi87

I don't really post over in this thread, but I think I might have a problem GAF...

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/24086499#matches
+
zpRLNrs.jpg

patchday

sweet, going up against 2 smiters on enemy team. expecting an easy win

[edit] nope! my team had a botter. might be time to take a break from league for a little while and give dota 2 a try. Just need break from all the bots

Luigi87

The bobble head looks alright but the actual figure looks very 'eh' quality wise lol.

Should have been Frost-Butt Irelia.

Yeah, the face (and some paint) is a bit janky. I made the "action figure" myself a year back, lol. Was originally a Wonder Woman figure, but I have a hell of a hard time painting in minature.
Plushie is a WIP (no clothes at the moment, so the box is censoring).

Negaduck

Before suppression existed WW was upickable because then you just picked boost (old cleanse, also gave you 2 seconds of cc immunity afterwards) and that was a super hard counter to WW.

If he ulted just boost(cleanse) it and walk away while he stands there swiping at air.

patchday

That looks like a fine problem to have

I wouldn't expect an easy win. Even after the nerfs smite laners can be damn strong.

Well the enemy adc had choose smite on accident. But we still got dropped tho cause we had a bot on our team + an afker. So twice in a row I had to play games with 3 vs 5 :(

time for a break. gonna tryout dota 2 somemore (I like their custom modes) and come back to LoL refreshed tomorrow

Tizoc

Tried out AP Skarner...well to be exact I just wanted to try the AP Jungle Item on him and see how it went
E5L1tGp.jpg

It was overall A-OK but Tank Skarner's where it's at really.
Also Vayne got Penta
Twice

zkylon

zkylewd
Because dying to point and click spells without being able to respond is so fun
not really, lots of things are fun and unfair without being point and click

it's not fun to get malphite ulted and the yasuo who didn't do anything just gets a free ult off without any effort

or to get leona ulted every 60s cos no one bothered to give that thing a proper cooldown

annie ult is not point and click and is annoying all the same

a spell being targeted doesn't mean anything for her "funness". adc damage is all targeted and u don't see me complaining about it

550 range shouldn't mean she should be able to kill you without any counterplay especially since that should include her claw range.
including her claw is disingenous cos the claw moves so slowly it's almost as if she's walking to you. if lissandra doesn't find a good angle to surprise you then she played well and should be rewarded for it

as far as counterplay, just buy qss, like you would against zed or stick with your team, they have a aegis or a mikaels, ezpz.

Diana similarly is an all in mage and can have her skills dodged. A Liss with kill potential basically just needs to claw in over a wall midpoint and just ult you to kill you
pls diana just clicks on you and q's mid-dash for the impossible-to-dodge reset. and her dash is instant

they're nothing alike, you wouldn't compare lizzy to akali just because both have dashes would you

How is it fair that you should die if Liss gets within 550 range of you? That unfairness was the reason ryze got reworked and it's even easier for lizz to get within striking range
no, the reason ryze got reworked is that ryze was a lane bully, a scaling monster, a tank and a mage at the same time, with free stats in like half his spells that had an easy as shit build path.

and again, dying within the range of a dangerous champion is the most normal thing ever. you're in range of riven or syndra or leblanc or zed or vayne or whatever and you just die

Time and time again theyve shown the intent that they want Liss to be an initiator first and assassin, a far second.
and lissandra isn't really an assassin without dfg, and that's fine

Maybe they'll give her a shield on w cast next
good let's just stack on shitty mechanics to force her into a shitty supporty top laner position instead of actually really easily fixing her laning by giving her the 20 dmg to her q she needs to be able not to lose every ever

No, you can't. Mikaels is worse than QSS.
which never made any sense outside of them leaving it like that so malzahar and ww and whatever are a bit less shit

Its not that lissandra is weak as shit

Its that shes outclassed by far better ap mids and what not. Liss is fine as she is until shes put up against those better ap mids. So its not a matter of just buffing liss, they need to tear down all the strong picks. Huehue
is this like opposite-reddit

like pls rito nerf this entire class instead of changing the actual problem wahh wahh

and then like OMG RITO WHY U NEVER HAVE TIME FOR WHAT I WANT

is this like opposite-reddit

like pls rito nerf this entire class instead of changing the actual problem wahh wahh

and then like OMG RITO WHY U NEVER HAVE TIME FOR WHAT I WANT

If they meaningfully buff lissandra (and not just some healing on her ult) that creates the issue that she suddenly becomes one of those "must picks" and it doesnt really solve her problem, it just makes her into one.

Either buff everything or nerf all the egregious champions so everything becomes more viable

jerd

sweet, going up against 2 smiters on enemy team. expecting an easy win

[edit] nope! my team had a botter. might be time to take a break from league for a little while and give dota 2 a try. Just need break from all the bots

Dam i had no idea bots were such an issue while leveling

Anyways chin up no problem with taking a break for a while

zkylon

zkylewd
Liss ain't much of a problem without DFG
yup, dfg made her an assassin, without dfg she's a cool enage mage

without damage she can't just do basic laning

If they meaningfully buff lissandra (and not just some healing on her ult) that creates the issue that she suddenly becomes one of those "must picks" and it doesnt really solve her problem, it just makes her into one.

Either buff everything or nerf all the egregious champions so everything becomes more viable
just revert the q nerf, it's that easy

basic damage to have some waveclear and trading power doesn't create any problems

the meta's completely different

also the thing about "buff all the egregious cases" is that it's exactly what rito says, just balance the extremes and leave the most champions the same so you don't completely fuck up the game every time you patch and go with the whole power creep etc.

it's just a bad idea to balance that way

zkylon

zkylewd
well it's less of a matter of suppression and more of a matter of champion kits

like ww, urgot and malzahar are all trash champs that need complete reworks

skarner is pretty ok when he's not broken so i dunno how they could solve his ult since not being able to get mikael'd is prolly very important for his viability

no good solution for his case, really, but you could do something like if he gets his ult interrupted he gets a lower cooldown or whatever

...at some point Riot should just remove suppression and clear all this nonsense up.

Also, anyone know what happened to the Zyra changes that were supposed to be on the PBE?
prolly got pushed, not sure if we're gonna have a patch next week or if they did like an internal version update and they'll start adding things to pbe back next week

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Omg teach me

I've played a total amount of 3 Darius games tho. On the other hand I suck top lane and never play there yet I've ended 14/6, 14/7 and 18/5 so either I've been really lucky or I'm doing at least a couple things right. Here's some early random thoughts:

So far I've started with short sword and 3 pots. Sword to rush phage and get black cleaver first item and 3 pots for sustain. That new armor item with the shield passive seems useful. The only other damage item I've needed is that hydra (best item), everything else is armor/mr. I go Q, W, E then max Q followed by E. Q's your main tool and E's very useful plus gives free armor pen. Points on W only lower its cooldown so merely put one for the auto reset.

From my experience if your lane opponent is melee you can *easily* land good Qs when they predictably go to last hit a creep. If the Q doesn't land properly you pull back but if it does then by all means go in and auto->W. At 3 passive stacks you're likely going to win the trade and if they retreat they'll still lose a good chunk of HP (should you not be much injured, feel free to E them back for more extra hits). If you land 5 stacks you're definitely winning the trade. Once they're at <50% health with no pots left either they recall or it's a kill.

If you're overextended and get ganked but one of them is in bad shape you can likely take one with you. For that game I had Lee coming in early at half HP so I baited away his Q forcing them to walk up to me - this, coupled with the fact Darius can move while casting Q let me hit both of them from the lane bush that clearly wasn't warded, followed by a slap on Lee that made him too scared to keep fighting. E'd him back, 5 stacked him, killed and turned on Riven. With the passive rework, Riven received instantly 5 stacks as well and I got free AD, so I went from 0/1 to 2/1.

Do not always save the R for kills nor wait until you've applied 5 stacks all the time. It still does a nice bunch of damage on its own and can often mean the guy that flashed away won't have enough HP left to survive the hemorrage ticks.

After laning phase is over simply don't get kited and ward often, esp the enemy jungle. Extremely easy to catch people off guard in bushes with Q then E, tho at my low elo most players are rather predictable. When teamfights happen see if you can drive-by Q a bunch of them before going all in and remember the grab will disrupt players.

That's what I got from a couple games at my middling ELO. I had forgotten how much fun playing Chopman was, maybe today I'll go jungle with the OT Dario skin.

jerd

I really feel like tahm would be fantastic in an assassin meta but the only really popular one right now is rengar so he's just kinda meh

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean, it's coop vs ai, u can win whenever u want if you just go and splitpush with some turret killing items like that

i think i used to build like lich bane+nashors and just push an unattended lane when bots were busy getting stuck somewhere lol

I really feel like tahm would be fantastic in an assassin meta but the only really popular one right now is rengar so he's just kinda meh

I really liked when Fnatic picked him, unfortunately they forgot to include any engage in that comp and got completely out-scaled. He works against Fizz too btw.

drawkcaB

Tahm just needs a bit more strength pre-6. The mana cost buff to Devourer on the PBE will actually help him out a lot, particularly top where he now has the option of maxing W in unfavourable lanes and just farm up with its AoE damage component. In support it's just more insurance that it'll be available when needed, but in the few Tahm support games I've played I never felt like I was mana starved.

zkylon

zkylewd
haha i duno i tried to play coop vs ai in doto and gave up at 10 minutes wait

why would you wait 50 minutes to play 3v3s against bots tho, are you ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom