• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Been playing viktor lately. He sure has been balanced. It takes awhile for him to ramp up but he still puts the pressure in lane. Too bad most of my games don't last long to effectively show take a hold of that.

well im on south american server so thats probably it

was super quick finding a game against humans and it was really low ping, like 30, so i can't complain much
yeah bots are like 2 or 3 minutes max

unless ur using reborn client

bots in that take a long ass time for some reason.

zkylon

zkylewd
Been playing viktor lately. He sure has been balanced. It takes awhile for him to ramp up but he still puts the pressure in lane. Too bad most of my games don't last long to effectively show take a hold of that.
yea that's been my experience on the one game i played him, got outpressured really hard mid game but then late it was still good ol viktor

need to review my build tho, i went double upgrades > cdr boots > ludens > max upgrade > deathcap > void staff

i got ludens to compensate the midgame falloff but i dunno, i have a love hate relationship with that item

yeah bots are like 2 or 3 minutes max

unless ur using reborn client

bots in that take a long ass time for some reason.
yea using reborn

had to see that one thing that was so great about doto

not really that impressed about it, but using only like 10% of the client so probably haven't seen much to be impressed about

sandbox mode is so nice tho

Yeah, that kinda sucks about late game ppl in solo q. That is why i usually don't play ppl like kog unless I am 5 or 4 queuing.

drawkcaB

But he is silver. He's always been the silver. I should know, sir. I've always been here.

At this point I'd attach a shopped image of the picture at the end of The Shining but I'm A.) at work and B.) just awful at photoshop, or GIMP, or whatever.

32 / 13 / 22 over 3 matches. 1 - 2.

hard to get wins when your carry Vanye goes 6/16 or when your top cho goes 1/10 against a Teemo lane. I'm trying but goddamn.
Well if you want to duo this weekend I can. Here are my lanes best to worst top > mid > jg support > adc. My username is dontpanic3000 so feel free to add me. I am silver 4 btw.

Well if you want to duo this weekend I can. Here are my lanes best to worst top > mid > jg support > adc. My username is dontpanic3000 so feel free to add me. I am silver 4 btw.

okie dokey.

next game mid ori goes 0/4 against Fizz and top Yas goes 0/8 against Irela. Supp Morg buys a sightstone but doesn't use it for 5 minutes. I understand there will be some skill discrepancies and some matchups are unfavorable, but how am I supposed to win these games.

1-3.

Tizoc

Ugh
2 games left
first game our draven afks and our Jungle Shyv fucks up
Garen goes top against a gnar

2nd game I have a brain dead adc MF, a useless Warwick WHO DOESN'T FINISH THEIR FUCKING JUNGLE ITEM FIRST AND HARDLY GANKS, along with a Top udyr against riven

Such terrible terrible games.
Fuck you rito.

Negaduck

Garen goes top against a gnar

That matchup isn't too tough. Its not easy, but very much winnable. Even more so now with the buffs.

You just have to keep an eye on rage meter (attack right before he transforms so mid battle he turns small and you can just end him).

Tizoc

That matchup isn't too tough. Its not easy, but very much winnable. Even more so now with the buffs.

You just have to keep an eye on rage meter (attack right before he transforms so mid battle he turns small and you can just end him).
The gnar built hurricane
In this elo of mine you cant expect plays to think 2 steps ahead.

faridmon

OK, I wanted to start playing top and then chose Moukai as a champ I am trying to invest to learn for his target and focus.

Played my first match and I went 0/4 but it was so much fun.

Any advice on how to play as him.

Newt

Holy shit Garen is broken right now.
162055dff6ab7b84d13cabe91b2fb7db.jpg

It's not the rework that made Garen really strong. It's the new items, particularly DMP.

There's something wrong when I'm a full build Vayne but can't even catch Garen even with my ult.

zkylon

zkylewd
Randuins reducing crit damage is fucking stupid. RIP IE ADCs
um, ashy still up there, sivir still up there, jinx still up there

cait and trist fell off a tiny bit, but trist is i think considered pretty strong by most right?

who's left? twitch?

im not saying it's a good change or whatever, but rip ie adcs is just not true :T

drawkcaB

the plant AI changes?

No, I don't think so. All I remember is that they weren't talking nerfs or buffs. there weren't many details, just a few vague changes to the kit, something on the scope of the MF changes or even less. About a month ago there was a thread on the official boards with recommendations for changes to the passive and a few Rioters jumped in, more or less agreeing the current passive is really underwhelming in most aspects. I think Zenon even mentioned that he feels Zyra's proper place is mid, but there it didn't seem like he was actively working on whatever changes were coming up.

It's not the rework that made Garen really strong. It's the new items, particularly DMP.

I just can't agree with this, at all.

If the latter statement were true we'd be seeing an across the board improvement in champions who almost exclusively build defensive items like Dr. Mundo, Shen, Malphite, Sion, Volibear, Zac and even others like Renekton, Hecarim, Irelia who tend to dip into a bit more offensive itemization but would benefit as well. All their win rates have been more or less unchanged. Fact is the champions who use the new items and have seen the most improvement are the ones that were reworked - Garen, Skarner, and Darius. Contrast this the what happened when Cinderhulk was introduced and pretty much every tank jungler jumped up to ~55% and higher, including those that were barely touched in the 5.5 buffs like Amumu and Rammus, or even Sejuani who went from a really good win rate to permaban worth win rate. That was a very convincing case that the item itself was OP.

I think the items are strong, but more so because the differences between them have been very well defined, so picking the right item into the right situation feels more rewarding even though the new items themselves haven't necessarily pushed the bar upwards. Only one that seems egregious to me is Titanic Hydra, but even then I think it has more to with my own gut feeling that it shouldn't be the kind of item that can be bought 2nd - which players are routinely doing. Feels like it should require more health investment before being completed, but again, that's just my gut feeling.

Actually, considering the sweeping changes to the AP items, then followed by the sweeping changes to defensive items, I'd say Riot came just about as close as they possibly could to getting things right on the money in one shot. Really well done.

drawkcaB

You mean an unreliable skillshot that encourages you to die as a passive is underwhelming?

Go figure, right? To be honest I wouldn't mind a full rework for Zyra period even though I like her already. "Nature Infestor" seems like it should have more going for it than it does. Feel the same way about a few other champions too, particularly Zilean whose unimaginative rework is really glaring when put against Ekko.

Death passives should make you feel awesome avengers. Karthus and Sion hit the nail on the head, in both cases when you die you feel like you're going to take some fucker with you. But Zyra it's like...here, have some poke. If I can hit you that is.

Playing this game at 90 ping really feels like everything is turning into a blur.

I feel like I start missing accuracy in my vision in hectic teamfights because everything feels so slippery. I thought I was gonna deal with the server change but I don't know.

I'm not doing much worse than before, but I'm definitely having less fun.
It wouldn't be so bad if it was just the pegged up ping, but the spikes and packet loss are giving me a headache.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So I decided to play viktor one more time.
This has to be my best cs game ever. However the junglers was mostly useless the entire laning phase. Got no kills during that because kat has way too much mobility. Also Seraphs was a very good buy because it saved my life twice. Once from fizz ult and another from caitlyns deadshot. too bad 2 teammates were surrenderat20 mode the entire time. Welp, guess ill stick with brand now.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Just had an ARAM vs a Yorick, Janna, Soraka, ZIlean, and Mundo. Don't know how the fuck we won.

I wish they buff Spellthief already. Thinking about it, Spellthief and Ancient Coin gets the same mana regen. Spellthief's +10 damage every 10 seconds is easily negated by Coin's +10 health every two minions. Tune it to be a lane aggression item by increasing the damage / frequency. Make FQC better at what it does: half engage half counter engage. Increased missile speed? 2 charges? Extra gold for champions hit by the active?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
No, I don't think so. All I remember is that they weren't talking nerfs or buffs. there weren't many details, just a few vague changes to the kit, something on the scope of the MF changes or even less. About a month ago there was a thread on the official boards with recommendations for changes to the passive and a few Rioters jumped in, more or less agreeing the current passive is really underwhelming in most aspects. I think Zenon even mentioned that he feels Zyra's proper place is mid, but there it didn't seem like he was actively working on whatever changes were coming up.
oh you mean that thing about her reviving if she kills someone with her passive.

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't think it'd be the greatest idea to push zyra to mid lane

like, she's been a support for like 90% of her not-op life, just let her be a support

I wish they buff Spellthief already. Thinking about it, Spellthief and Ancient Coin gets the same mana regen. Spellthief's +10 damage every 10 seconds is easily negated by Coin's +10 health every two minions. Tune it to be a lane aggression item by increasing the damage / frequency. Make FQC better at what it does: half engage half counter engage. Increased missile speed? 2 charges? Extra gold for champions hit by the active?
nerf the slow to like 60% and make it not decay and it might be a killer item

also yeah spellthief probably should have more dmg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom