• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawkcaB

man support zyra did the most damage in my last game with no significant items. I almost forgot that champ was even in the game.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1934061232/42941535?tab=stats

i swear it was the quietest damage i've ever seen. I don't even know when she was doing it, but there it is.

It's the plants. People think they super frail, which they are if you're focusing them down, but if ever you get a chance to spectate a Zyra watch as her plants frequently get 3+ autos each per life in a chaotic team fight. That's 420 + (0.6 AP) damage and you have 2+ of those suckers out there. Sometime they get more AAs off, some times less, but when I was counting a long time ago is was pretty ordinary for the plants to land 3 AAs before dying.

It's kind of like Nautilus' E. 200 base damage doesn't sound so hot until you observe what's actually happening. If Nautilus lands his AA snare Riptide will damage the opponent on all three waves, that's 400 damage on a 5sec CD. There's a few exceptions, really small models tend to only get hit twice.

oh you mean that thing about her reviving if she kills someone with her passive.

That was one of the suggestions, but by a player not a Rioter. Just found a quote somewhere, it's just "power adjustments". There was a comment from Rickless about how they're looking to give MF, Zyra, and Sona a bit more definition as why you'd pick them. I assume that whatever they do to Zyra will further strengthen her counterengage power, I guess?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
That was one of the suggestions, but by a player not a Rioter. Just found a quote somewhere, it's just "power adjustments". There was a comment from Rickless about how they're looking to give MF, Zyra, and Sona a bit more definition as why you'd pick them. I assume that whatever they do to Zyra will further strengthen her counterengage power, I guess?

That sounds worrying, diving a zyra comp is already suicide, so i'd fear that she'd lose power elsewhere to strengthen a part of her kit thats already more than sufficient. The only buff i'd want is the 20% cdr on W back.

killatopak

Gold Member
Just got my internet back after 2 days. Spectated a game. Syndra is fucking disgusting against Yasuo. I've seen her blow up Yasuo after 1 combo. Yas can't even block her skills.

killatopak

Gold Member
First game in a while. First time mid against Victor too. A bit rusty so I got scolded by my team mates when I didn't group with them. I thought I was a top laner and had tele lol.

Ie1fFPR.jpg

My main issue with Zyra is that I need to learn my positioning, at times I just stand still, or try to move around but I end up getting caught in attacks :/

Just remember to always let your ADC frontline so you can secure the kills and get
Liandrys
on first back.

What I usually do is Lvl. 2 spellthief+Sighstone, I should go straight to Liandry from there or just rush it overall?

I was joking lol.

There's two ways to go Zyra support, although lower down, full damage is probably "best".

Go typical AP carry runes/masteries then Spellthief, into Sightstone, into full AP build (Maybe boots of mobility - great for setting up E/R).

You'll typically want Haunting Guise first followed by Morellos/Athenes into Rabadons/Rylias. Liandrys should be your last core item. Eventually fuck Spellthief off.

By time they've realised you're the issue on the team it will be too late.

um, ashy still up there, sivir still up there, jinx still up there

cait and trist fell off a tiny bit, but trist is i think considered pretty strong by most right?

who's left? twitch?

im not saying it's a good change or whatever, but rip ie adcs is just not true :T
I'm mostly exaggerating because I hate the change - time to nerf armor, let's randomly add an anti crit passive on top of all the damage reductions you can already get.

I guess I still have some ADC in me if I still feel the need to whine about a role I haven't really played in over a month now, I guess playing top is infecting me with the Wrongnamesy.
The reduction is only 10% though.
10% damage out of crits on top of tabi is a lot though and that's alongside resistances because they stack multiplicatively with others reductions.

patchday

Felt like doing a quick match of ARAM and got dropped in with some bots

Went 19/1/38 on zed. PRobably gotta done better if I would've suicided earlier to go back to buy my AD items

Tizoc

I was joking lol.

There's two ways to go Zyra support, although lower down, full damage is probably "best".

Go typical AP carry runes/masteries then Spellthief, into Sightstone, into full AP build (Maybe boots of mobility - great for setting up E/R).

You'll typically want Haunting Guise first followed by Morellos/Athenes into Rabadons/Rylias. Liandrys should be your last core item. Eventually fuck Spellthief off.

By time they've realised you're the issue on the team it will be too late.

Oh I don't need Liandry early? Got it. Thanks for the info. Generally I'd sell off Lvl. 2 Spellthief once I got morello or Athene's for example.

patchday

guess beating up the botters in aram helped remind me of how fun zed can be. won the summoner's rift. Gonna take a break for a little while though and savor this victory.

Oh I don't need Liandry early? Got it. Thanks for the info. Generally I'd sell off Lvl. 2 Spellthief once I got morello or Athene's for example.

The thing with Liandrys is that it's %HP damage. It isn't gold efficient unless people have plenty of HP and you can regularly proc the passive.

Haunting Guise is a good early damage pick up due to the MPen, HP and AP.

Tizoc

Dear lord I can only save ur asses for so long, You see fucking Rengar roam our jungle THEN WARD IT
IT IS ONLY 250 GOLD YOU FUCKING RETARDS. IT'S JUST 250 GOLD YOU GET INFINITE WARDS WARD THE JUNGLE IF YOU SEE A PATTERN.

This fucking bronze hell.
Right now I'm doing OK with my jungle seju, but I think Skarner might be better overall since I build offensive items on him first (Cinderhulk>IBG>Black Cleaver).

Edwardo

Hey everyone. Sorry to have to say this but I won't be playing much league or games in general for a while. Yesterday I unfortunately cut off the end of my left pointer finger at work. I'll be having surgery on Monday (my birthday..). So I'll be out of commission for a good amount of time. Maybe I can reteach myself eventually but it'll probably take a while. I'll still chill in the thread but no games for now :(

Hey everyone. Sorry to have to say this but I won't be playing much league or games in general for a while. Yesterday I unfortunately cut off the end of my left pointer finger at work. I'll be having surgery on Monday (my birthday..). So I'll be out of commission for a good amount of time. Maybe I can reteach myself eventually but it'll probably take a while. I'll still chill in the thread but no games for now :(
Holy shit that's awful to hear.

Don't you mostly use your middle / ring finger to play though? I'd imagine it wouldn't be so hard to get used to once your hand is good to go.

Bacon

Damn! Sorry to hear that man. At least worlds is coming up so you can immerse yourself in that for the time being.

Ooooww o: hopefully your finger gets better!

Tizoc

Hope you get better soon Edwardo, sucks to hear about your injury XO

Looks OK I guess. Do you always buy a ward at start? Nothing wrong with it like, but I'd rather have the extra pot I think.

9 wards is pretty poor in 25mins, though.

FWIW I've fired up my NA account that even has
Veridian Kayle
on it: AllTheDucks

Actually we literally snowballed them at mid and just kept on pushing. Since we were in their mid entrance most of the time I didn't have time to put up any wards since...well we were invading and I was mostly in team fights :p

I always get a Ward early on for safety reasons and to prevent ganks. Then again my adc rarely if ever notices the map =_=
Still I'm used to it so that's how I go about it.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm mostly exaggerating because I hate the change - time to nerf armor, let's randomly add an anti crit passive on top of all the damage reductions you can already get.

I guess I still have some ADC in me if I still feel the need to whine about a role I haven't really played in over a month now, I guess playing top is infecting me with the Wrongnamesy.
haha ok, it just seemed like blowing things out of proportion, specially since armor overall got nerfed, so this probably offsets it a bit

ouch.

sorreee man.

Bacon

Man the login screen/music is S tier. First time i've ever just wanted to just let it idle and not sign in immediately

drawkcaB

That sounds worrying, diving a zyra comp is already suicide, so i'd fear that she'd lose power elsewhere to strengthen a part of her kit thats already more than sufficient. The only buff i'd want is the 20% cdr on W back.

It's really just a guess on my part. For MF they definitely said that they want to push her more into the "this is the ADC of choice for AoE comps" niche. Then they lumped in Zyra, MF, and Sona into the same "we're looking at these champions" note - they leap in logic is entirely mine.

Man the login screen/music is S tier. First time i've ever just wanted to just let it idle and not sign in immediately

Ditto. A few times this week I had it playing while cleaning up after the kids' toys when they were in the bath with mom.

patchday

man that's rough fella hope you get better soon

Newt

Like major cut?

Leezard

ouch :(

I hope you will feel better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom