• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

Gonna throw out a question here.

Assuming a 50% winrate and two games played per day (so you'll always get FW and I'm under the impression not everyone plays League for hours on end), how long does it take to unlock all of the champions in the game?

Also assume no money is spent.

you can probably calculate it by yourself

But by that time the player should have played everyone through free week champs and thus decided who they like and do not like to play.

Assuming a 50% winrate and two games played per day (so you'll always get FW and I'm under the impression not everyone plays League for hours on end), how long does it take to unlock all of the champions in the game?
Assuming you get the first win bonus every day with a 50% win rate you should get an average 300 IP per day

So starting from scratch on a fresh account and not counting champ price decreases will take around 4 and a half years to unlock all champions. Owie

Had a gp in Aram last night who didn't use a single barrel the entire game. He said it was a worthless spell because the enemy team would just disable them for free gold -___-
It's a whole 10 gold, 3 of those is one entire minion, can't give them such a massive advantage

Went mid karma against Ekko. Only died twice but I focused mainly on farm.

I'm thinking of going double morellos or Morello+Red chalice so my q comes out every 3 seconds :V
Rylai'd be good on her since it'd put both her q and w at giving 40% slow correct?

Haha, don't go double morellos or morellos+athene's.
Here are a number of builds I go for:

Standard:
D.Ring+Pots > Morello > Pen Boots > Luden's > Void Staff > Zhonya's > DCap.

Against AD:
D.Ring+Pots > Morello * > Pen Boots > Zhonya's > Void Staff > DCap > Luden's
*Throw in a Seeker's Armguard as you finish up Morello if you can, it goes a long way in lane against AD poke and AD trades.

Against balls deep or poke-city AP who know what they're doing:
D.Ring+Pots > Morello * > Pen Boots > Abyssal Scepter > Void Staff > Zhonya's/Luden's > DCap.
*Get a mantle, bump it up to negatron cloak if needed as you're building your Morello. Finish it into an Abyssal after or before pen boots.

Just because you can:
D.Ring+Pots > Morello > Pen Boots > SpookyGhosts > Luden's > Void Staff > DCap
You get 30% CDR with just the items, and you can crank it up to 40% with runes and masteries.

Top lane split push wonder:
D.Ring+Pots > Nashor's Tooth > Pen Boots > into whatever you like since you're an mlg pro karma at this point.

But ye. Rylai's on Karma is decent mostly since it bumps up your w to an even better kiting tool, it still has 100 AP, and it gives you 400 extra health - but it's taking up an item slot of something like either Luden's or Zhonya's, and those are both really useful items that end up going a longer way than being able to slow with your W every couple of seconds.

On the Karma vs Ekko lane, she poops on him utterly. In farming, you get to poke him with autos for days so you a) harass him and b) reset your ult's cooldown. My combo for trades is this:

When enemy laner is walking up to farm, I activate E for the speedboost to get close to them enough for the link to stay alive after they dash/flash away. As they're about to get stunned by your W, you throw your R'd Q at them so it hits them a nanosecond before they get stunned and they get hit by the second detonation after they're free of the stun.

I'll force myself and cut the post short, but yeah, Karma is a more than decent mid laner, and I feel like she's perfect for the type of players you would match up against in lower elo.

patchday

I'd be surprised if you end up with time to play 20% of the champions with only 2 matches a day. I own around 33 champs (from buying them on RP sales and IP). most of them I havent even played once (edit- looks like 10 of them I've never played, so 33% champs from the starter pack). So if you're anything like me and you get attached to 5-6 then you'll quickly realize you don't need all those champs. They also told you bout free champion selection. I'm lucky if I get a chance to bring one of the free champs into 2-3 Rift matches

I average around 3-4 matches per day but that might include 1 casual ARAM/Dominion. Rest are long winded rifts

half dragons.

But also because dragons.

needs fluffy tail

psWuH.jpg

That would be freaking cool but nah, she got a happy ending with Jarvan

drawkcaB

why does everyone spam Vayne now? she's in like 80% of my matches. did she get buffed?

Her and other "I need to carry these chumps, but not really because I can't understand the basic concept that this is a team game" champions tend to have higher playrates as the season goes on. She's has a few things going her way in this meta though, so at least this time around there's a legit reason to pick her and she's not dead weight.

Tahm mana cost buff on W was reverted on the PBE. I'm a sad panda. He's a small buff or two away from being in a really good spot and that's the 2nd buff they've reverted.

zkylon

zkylewd
Those are very, very nice, great art work.

Have you considered doing NSFW commissions? That's where the money is ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

lol i think i'd be hilariously bad at writing naughty fanfic

a shit ton of time, that's probably like 350 ip per day, being generous, and two games a day is probably like 80m

the last ip count of all champions i found was at around 450k, and that's kind of old

so 450000 / 350 = around 1300 days

so yea like 4 years, provided you buy no runes

it's a useless exercise tho, since that's not how the game's played and most ppl don't bother buying all the champion and are still really happy with the game. myself i own like half even if i always have the ip to buy four 6300ip champs or so, only cos i don't really want to play those champions so why would i buy them.

Tizoc

Thanks for those Karma tips will play some more mid karma since I don't have a mid champ to play ranked on ^^;

For that matter gonna try Top Maokai, what runes and masteries are popular on Top Mao right now?

Her and other "I need to carry these chumps, but not really because I can't understand the basic concept that this is a team game" champions tend to have higher playrates as the season goes on. She's has a few things going her way in this meta though, so at least this time around there's a legit reason to pick her and she's not dead weight.

i see i see. I've seen a few good ones. Maybe 2 that hit like 200cs in 19 minutes and carried hard as hell. I assumed they were smurfs. The rest? Nothing but trash.

Nopren

2015-08-26_000022kj92.jpg

Have any of you guys encountered this?

My last 8 TT games has been filled with human players only playing "free-to-play" champs with ghost/heal summoners spells.
And they play completely asinine. They run directly over and gets killed by me, towers or minions without attacking. They don't say anything in chat except for a single "wtf" one time.
At most I've seen some of them 1v1 at the top by the big spider monster.
And I've checked their profile afterwards and they are level 23-30 with both wins and defeats.
I really don't get it, and it is kinda ruining TT for me.

Nopren

Didn't even know league had "botters", never heard of them before. But yeah, googled a bit and that seems about right. Weird stuff.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

My last 8 TT games has been filled with human players only playing "free-to-play" champs with ghost/heal summoners spells.
And they play completely asinine. They run directly over and gets killed by me, towers or minions without attacking. They don't say anything in chat except for a single "wtf" one time.
And I've checked their profile afterwards and they are level 23-30 with both wins and defeats.

The bot conspiracy. They probably use them to sell the accounts for profits.

kenbo

if you use barrels properly they can't react tho

smh
barrels are more mechanically intensive than most champion kits mang

Yeah, botters as you already know.

My advice is to avoid TT and dominion while levelling OR play them 5-10 times to raise your ELO beyond bot territory

Meddler said:
Some of the stuff we're looking at for 5.18:

Exploring Buffs
* Zyra
* Veigar
* Syndra
* Twitch

Likely Nerfs
* Fiora
* Morde

On watch/needs investigation
* Skarner/Darius/Garen (where are they post 5.17?)
* Devourer (too strong?)
* AD Ezreal (too weak?)
* Lulu (too strong solo, too weak support?)
* Vayne (too reliably strong?)

Odds are high some other champs will end up being worked on too, and that some champs above will end up being taken off the list as work on the patch continues. The above are some of the key things we're looking into though.
Vayne nerfs. What a fucking world we live in.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'd be happy to watch syndra at worlds again

i remember cool playing her and would love to see her at the hands of faker

patchday

yep, TT/Dominion/ARAM are all overrun by bots for us. I'm L24 so right around your level. This game is simply awful for anything beyond SR at our levels

At least with aram I can get a legit match during peak hours. But I normally just stick to Summoner's Rift the vast majority of my playtime. The other modes are honestly just done half ass anyway. You don't earn mastery points. In ARAM, it doesnt give you any hints whatsoever what builds you should go with. Just lazy as fuk. Better off playing HOTS for casual play prob

* And oh yeah Dominion doesnt offer half the items you'll find in SR. Pretty annoying and I see why most will only do ARAM which is good if you know yer kits

patchday

Any teams forming? I'd be interested in a party after this match

Send fr to Ryotian (I'm NA)

edit- Goid i must piossed off RIOT my Camera is fucking scroll locked again and i cant unlock it

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Any teams forming? I'd be interested in a party after this match

Send fr to Ryotian (I'm NA)

edit- Goid i must piossed off RIOT my Camera is fucking scroll locked again and i cant unlock it

Heard this problem, did ya press Y?
Also go into your setting and changed the locked camera from fixed to something better.

patchday

I restarted the game and unbound Y key for good. Seems like there's some rare bug where my Camera can get locked and I cant unlock unless I leave the session and reconnect.

faridmon

This game should have been easier that it turned out to be. We had full control of the game including Dragons and Barons, but Bot kept messing it up and kept dying in needless ways. Our Jynx couldn't handle Draven at all. In fact, by the time we all were 18 including the other team, she was 15. So we asked just to farm and for like 20 mins we were fighting 3v5 and winning them most of the time while bard and her were just farming. Bless Skarner, he carried us like a mofo and if it wasn't for him, we would have lost nasty.
I could have died less, but I just overstayed twice which is sad because dying just 4 times would be amazing record.

This game should have been easier that it turned out to be. We had full control of the game including Dragons and Barons, but Bot kept messing it up and kept dying in needless ways. Our Jynx couldn't handle Draven at all. In fact, by the time we all were 18 including the other team, she was 15. So we asked just to farm and for like 20 mins we were fighting 3v5 and winning them most of the time while bard and her were just farming. Bless Skarner, he carried us like a mofo and if it wasn't for him, we would have lost nasty.
I could have died less, but I just overstayed twice which is sad because dying just 4 times would be amazing record.
Holy shit at that Skarner. That is insane.
I restarted the game and unbound Y key for good. Seems like there's some rare bug where my Camera can get locked and I cant unlock unless I leave the session and reconnect.
I used to have a bug back in the day where my camera would unlock, and I couldn't get it to re-lock. I'd have to close game and re-open in middle of match.

patchday

Have you tried pressing the button

Yeah it was so weird. It was as if my Y key was broken. I know it sounds like pure user error but for real I kept pressing Y key over and over to no effect. Finally had to quit and reconnect

Man Skarner got a crapton of kills.

[edit] next time you can Alt-PrintScreen to just screen cap the focused window (LoL) so we won't see your background (that's if u give a care)

kenbo

Yeah it was so weird. It was as if my Y key was broken. I know it sounds like pure user error but for real I kept pressing Y key over and over to no effect. Finally had to quit and reconnect

Man Skarner got a crapton of kills.

[edit] next time you can Alt-PrintScreen to just screen cap the focused window (LoL) so we won't see your background (that's if u give a care)

what about the on screen camera lock button, did you try pressing that?

Its a little square button near the minimap with the profile of a camera

faridmon

Didn't know that, cheers

but yeah that Skarnar was just insane. even their jungler couldn't handle him

9uxiFcL.png

Yeah it worked.

Anyway, this game was the omst perfect game I have ever recalled playing. Everyone was on the same wavelength and did everything in sync. We knew when to push, when to pull out when to engage. It was amazing. Too bad I didn't ask them If i could add them as friends :(

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Riot tried to make it the standard thing supports but do but you really shouldn't go full AP after sightstone unless you're like Vel'koz, Brand, or a really far ahead support Annie. I wish they would revert that change since all it did was make Lulu stupidly strong.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Riot tried to make it the standard thing supports but do but you really shouldn't go full AP after sightstone unless you're like Vel'koz, Brand, or a really far ahead support Annie. I wish they would revert that change since all it did was make Lulu stupidly strong.
Only ap items i buy is those with added affects like rylais, liandrys and the occasional ludens.

faridmon

We were far ahead.... Why not? :/

I don't have any dmg whatsoever on my Runes and Masteries so I need a bit of AP untill late game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom