• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feebastic

Man, fuck runes. I don't want to spend tens of thousands of IP on micromanaging when I could be getting cool champions and things. I've got pretty much all the basics covered but it would be really nice if I could just think about actual fun things like deciding between Nautilus and Zac rather than worrying whether or not my lack of hybrid pen runes is making a difference.

subtles

Incarnati0n built Rylais on Ori and I'm really curious as to his reasoning. I'm sitting here trying to remember which of Breezy/Zkylon said my experimentation with it was a bad idea. T_T

zkylon

zkylewd
Incarnati0n built Rylais on Ori and I'm really curious as to his reasoning. I'm sitting here trying to remember which of Breezy/Zkylon said my experimentation with it was a bad idea. T_T
gotta be breezy cos it's a dumb opinion :>

like literally the first thing i said when i saw new rylais was "it's perfect for ori!"

tho u should build it situationally and not build it over things like deathcap or void staff on most games

(i mostly had reservations regarding new liandrys and from my testing it's not that much better :T)

ap item changes made rylais a large rod item and got a boost in its ap.
That on top of nerfing other large rod items so they don't give 120 AP anymore besides Deathcap so you don't lose damage if you go Rylai instead of a Zhonya's and also cleaning up the slow passive so it isn't useless on 90% of the mid lane spells in this game

gotta be breezy cos it's a dumb opinion :>

like literally the first thing i said when i saw new rylais was "it's perfect for ori!"

tho u should build it situationally and not build it over things like deathcap or void staff on most games

(i mostly had reservations regarding new liandrys and from my testing it's not that much better :T)

wat

I never offered advice on Orianna. If I did, it was regarding another item, like Morellos. I don't play Ori so I don't talk about her ._.

I bet it was ghost, he hates everything

subtles

Yeah, it was post-change that I was interested in experimenting with different builds on Orianna since I mostly played top lane this season. The Haunting Guise power spike is pretty nice on Orianna, but I think we already had that discussion.

In all honesty, if mid wasn't a 2v2 lane I'd probably have played it all season when available.

Also, why is it that Orianna is always popular at this time of the year?

subtles

I understand why she'll never fall out of favor, but what I don't get is why she's ignored for 90% of the season and always returns at this point just before World's.

patchday

Man, fuck runes. I don't want to spend tens of thousands of IP on micromanaging when I could be getting cool champions and things. I've got pretty much all the basics covered but it would be really nice if I could just think about actual fun things like deciding between Nautilus and Zac rather than worrying whether or not my lack of hybrid pen runes is making a difference.

Get Naut. To get the absolute 'most' out of zac you'll want Quint of Health runes. * But like you I do not know how much of a diff 2 Quint of Health runes makes

I had the same complaint a few pages back and was told to just focus on the basic rune pages with tier 3 stuff. screw the hybrid pen, quint of Health, and expensive crap like that. I just went basic cheap tier 3 runes. Think I did spend like 10k IP. but I got 33 champs atm (more than I have time to play with)

Now I can buy champs again but I did have an IP blackout from L19-L23 where I jsut spent all IP on runes

edit- I'm a hypocrite I went Zac myself cause of his concept even though I'm not buying tier3 quints of health on him for quite awhile

I understand why she'll never fall out of favor, but what I don't get is why she's ignored for 90% of the season and always returns at this point just before World's.
Because nerfs to other mids / high ban rates on others, both of which Ori usually just cruises through.

Mid season you want whatever is OP, late game you keep Ori close to your heart in case you get targeted with bans or just don't want to risk a counterpick

Feebastic

Get Naut. To get the absolute 'most' out of zac you'll want Quint of Health runes. * But like you I do not know how much of a diff 2 Quint of Health runes makes

I had the same complaint a few pages back and was told to just focus on the basic rune pages with tier 3 stuff. screw the hybrid pen, quint of Health, and expensive crap like that. I just went basic cheap tier 3 runes. Think I did spend like 10k IP. but I got 33 champs atm (more than I have time to play with)

Now I can buy champs again but I did have an IP blackout from L19-L23 where I jsut spent all IP on runes

edit- I'm a hypocrite I went Zac myself cause of his concept even though I'm not buying tier3 quints of health on him for quite awhile

I've got the basic rune pages sorted, as I said, but it gets increasingly hard for me to justify spending IP on champs I want to have fun with when I know that each champ is a full set of runes that could be useful for much more of my play as a whole.

I don't like having to choose between fun experimentation and boring, mostly invisible stat bonuses.

killatopak

Gold Member
I reached plat only having the basic 2 rune pages. You don't need to worry about runes that much at least until you go dia+.

jerd

We shouldn't get a new champ next patch right? I assume that teaser is just really early for a champ in 5.20 or so since they said nothing major will be coming soon and i don't think they'd throw a random ass new champ into the fray for worlds

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I reached plat only having the basic 2 rune pages. You don't need to worry about runes that much at least until you go dia+.

Indeed. Standard AP/AD pages will take you a very very long way in ranked. Doesn't excuse Riot's shitty practices with runes in general but they're mostly in place to help your early game.

patchday

Indeed. Standard AP/AD pages will take you a very very long way in ranked. Doesn't excuse Riot's shitty practices with runes in general but they're mostly in place to help your early game.

Good cause I already populated my rune pages. Going forward the runes shouldn't be too awful. But not really ready to buy anymore champions (cause difficulty learning curve) so its been a good time to burn IP on the runes.

zkylon

zkylewd
wat

I never offered advice on Orianna. If I did, it was regarding another item, like Morellos. I don't play Ori so I don't talk about her ._.

I bet it was ghost, he hates everything

well if the options were breezy and me and it was a bad opinion on ori i'm throwing u under the bus just in case :>

sorry :>

Yeah, it was post-change that I was interested in experimenting with different builds on Orianna since I mostly played top lane this season. The Haunting Guise power spike is pretty nice on Orianna, but I think we already had that discussion.

In all honesty, if mid wasn't a 2v2 lane I'd probably have played it all season when available.

Also, why is it that Orianna is always popular at this time of the year?
i think it may have to do with the game just being in a bit more of a balanced spot with like super op midlaners being killed by nerfs and the meta getting a bit more stable so vets like ori just show up again since she's such a reliable and always-good-to-have-in-your-team champion

it just so happens this meta is also really good for her so she's been showing up even more often

ori is such a fucking great champion, fairly simple mechanics but just the right amount of depth to all of them, she's awesome

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Soraka with HP regen quints is disgusting lol.

8WEp5Ub.png

killatopak

Gold Member
Soraka is a good counter to Tahm at least from what I've seen. She snares Tahm when he ults. And silences means Tahm can't eat stuff.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I fucking hate my team.
8k423fp.jpg

None had the damn sense to build armor, and the riven built fucking MR.

NOW YOU KNOW WHY GAREN KILLS YOU ALL!

and to top it off, they went baron when the enemy was clearly up.

jerd

Reminds me of when nb3 was doing his bronze to diamond with bronze teammates and he told the gnar to rush hexdrinker vs garen bc it would reduce his ults damage

Kenai

Talking mid lane picks

I thought Annie was still considered a mid lane pick since they tried to nerf her supporting and buff her midlaning. I thought Flash + Tibbers was still the great equalizer vs just about every team that dared to gather together (or pick off a choice squishy ADC target).

I haven't been paying much attention mind you, just whenever I happen to see an Annie in a high elo stream (which I seem to see a fair amount more than Ori) she is played mid most of the time.

Pre 6 Diana is fun since she can't really do anything

As much as I love Diana I hope all Volty kits get phased out of the game eventually
I thought Annie was still considered a mid lane pick since they tried to nerf her supporting and buff her midlaning. I thought Flash + Tibbers was still the great equalizer vs just about every team that dared to gather together (or pick off a choice squishy ADC target).

I haven't been paying much attention mind you, just whenever I happen to see an Annie in a high elo stream (which I seem to see a fair amount more than Ori) she is played mid most of the time.
Talking strictly competitive here. Annie has always been solid mid in solo Q

ZmlBzZV.png

these mothafuckas.

so this duo decides to troll Pantheon (and by extension, everyone else) because he was frustrated in chat about something and pick Yi mid and irela carry. I feel bad for carrying these undeserving mothafuckas to a ranked win. But mannnn I was grabbing asses like a perv at a house party.

Rarely am I mad after a win, but these bitches were full-on troll mode. So I'm mad. I think I need a break from this game for awhile. I only had time to play one game tonight and I didn't deserve for it to be that.

edit: and i did more damage than Yi and Irela. okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom