• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

you don't see any support Karma? Ive even seen support Karma popup in LCS

Nope, just one or two games this entire season.

The only player that picks support Karma in LCS is Lemonnation, and he has not performed very well on the pick.
I do believe that would be the other 6 =)

Leona and Alistar is above Morg in play rate while Naut and Soraka are below, but you're right , they are more popular most of them .

I still think it's kinda strange that I see so few Morgana. Perhaps they don't like to pick Morg into Nami which would make a lot of my champ selects biased, I dunno.

Ambition

animated-rampage.gif

IM SO FUCKING TIRED OF SHYVANA HOW DO U EVEN KITE THAT?!?!?!

Nekofrog

Banned
I do believe that would be the other 6 =)

naut is #8 below morgana

it goes

1. thresh
2. janna
3. blitzcrank
4. leona
5. braum
6. ali
7. morg

at least according to champion.gg

thresh is played by ppl who think they're good support mains but probably aren't
blitz is played by people who were last pick and have to support but dont want to
leona is played by people who have their main roles taken but aren't last pick and are not confident on going to another solo lane or jungle and pick it as support
braum is played by people who are bullied into support and are told the team needs a tank
ali is played by people who want to be a flashy support
morg is played by assholes

Kenai

you don't see any support Karma? Ive even seen support Karma popup in LCS

Karma is a very niche pick. She has great harass but after laning is over she has to survive on her utility since her Q damage takes a noisedive later on support items.

Her shield alone is so good though I am surprised people don't play her more. Last time I lost my lane with her was vs a Plat 1 Blitz and Corki (I am silver scrub), and we were 2/1 and 0/2.by the time they took our turret.

Leezard

naut is #8 below morgana

it goes

1. thresh
2. janna
3. blitzcrank
4. leona
5. braum
6. ali
7. morg

thresh is played by ppl who think they're good support mains but probably aren't
blitz is played by people who were last pick and have to support but dont want to
leona is played by people who have their main roles taken but aren't last pick and are not confident on going to another solo lane or jungle and pick it as support
braum is played by people who are bullied into support and are told the team needs a tank
Soraka is played by people who hate to have fun and don't want anyone else to have fun.

patchday

The only player that picks support Karma in LCS is Lemonnation, and he has not performed very well on the pick.

Might've been some previous season I watched then cause I remember seeing her, zac, and even zed on some asian team. But regardless that would've been some older season where she might've been more powerful

zkylon

zkylewd
new page of shy fanfiction adventures lol: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Shyvana-The-Half-Dragon-Tale-Page-3-6-557581605

New Kalista and Malphite skins on PBE, no pics yet
that kaly skin is pretty dope

Ezreal e now has an ad ratio fk yes

Time to break out the boy wonder
nice, now gut ap ezreal plsss

Don't see why. It's his only point n click attack and pretty much every assassin-type still has at least one.

AP Fizz is a strong solo Q opponent and can snowball but he does have weaknesses (horrible laning, mana costs, squishy melee when E is down) and iirc he also didn't have much of a presence at the last big tournies. He's one of those champs that have a rough time vs organized teams (rough as in he's a non-factor if he hasn't snowballed).
i dunno why u say he's got rough laning, he's got good tools to avoid/sustain harass in his passive, his e, to some degrees his q and his natural high base damages that allow him to start flask and tank a lot of the dmg. his e is pretty good waveclear too and he has kill potential really early too

like, his weaknesses are the same as other assassins, not the greatest waveclear, specially since his isn't ranged, he's squishy, he falls off a bit if ppl buy banshees, etc., but other than that his kit is really strong whenever his numbers are ok

i personally just find him really annoying and not even much fun to play so i'd rather he didn't get buffs i don't think he needs

i mean, maybe he does need buffs, but the whole assassin class needs buffs, and at least leblanc is a champion i like playing

Waifu alliance for life!
4 lyfe

morg buffs ew.
yeah why would anyone ever want morg to be played more

it's like soraka, the less we see of them the better

garath

Played some fiora. That was fun. I'm sorely disappointed that her ult is canceled by qss though. Guess she's another zed in that regard.

Kenai

i dunno why u say he's got rough laning, he's got good tools to avoid/sustain harass in his passive, his e, to some degrees his q and his natural high base damages that allow him to start flask and tank a lot of the dmg. his e is pretty good waveclear too and he has kill potential really early too

like, his weaknesses are the same as other assassins, not the greatest waveclear, specially since his isn't ranged, he's squishy, he falls off a bit if ppl buy banshees, etc., but other than that his kit is really strong whenever his numbers are ok

i personally just find him really annoying and not even much fun to play so i'd rather he didn't get buffs i don't think he needs

i mean, maybe he does need buffs, but the whole assassin class needs buffs, and at least leblanc is a champion i like playing

Well he is a melee who's a mid who's gotta care about mana and has no ranged outside his ult so all that does tend to add up to a rough laning phase. He can get harrassed by pretty much anyone pre 6 and if he wants to jump on you with E that sucker starts out at 90 mana and goes up to like 130 by max. He can't spam that and his other stuff leaves plenty of room for counterplay.

i mean, he's supposed to have a rough laning phase cause if he doesn't that means he gets to roam more and mess with other lanes and a few early kills does make him scary. Most of the other assassin champs that are still relevant (Zed/Diana/Ekko ect) have significant poke and at least one point n click. They don't necessarily all need one but I don't think Fizz is particularly problematic either. This is only a net buff for AP Fizz when "AD" on hit Fizz with BotRK or Trinity type stuff + tanky has been the hotness this whole time, and AP Fizz is very binary in how you kill him (any point n click CC or one good stun/root and he explodes).

Negaduck

Played some fiora. That was fun. I'm sorely disappointed that her ult is canceled by qss though. Guess she's another zed in that regard.

That actually was something I'm glad that happened. It seemed as though there wasn't any way to stop her ult aside from zhonya's.

Even juggernaut in dota (fiora's ult is just omnislash) can be interrupted out of his ult (difficult though).

zkylon

zkylewd
he may be melee but unlike someone like diana or i dunno kassadin or akali he actually has kill pressure even in like level 2 or 3

like you're syndra and you want to q him every time he goes for a last hit but he tanks a lot of that dmg thanks to passive, e and flask and the second u miss ur e you're dead

that makes his laning very much not rough

subtles

It seems like my Championship Rumble dream is dead. No blue flames. :(

Maybe we'll see SKT T1 Rumble if MaRin goes all the way.

She's not super reliant on it and you can't really stop her from getting the heal off someone else and just murdering you anyways so its all right

zkylon

zkylewd
upcoming lulu changes
Base stats
Base Armor increased :: 19 >>> 23
Base Health reduced :: 553 >>> 518
Pix, Faerie Companion (Passive)
Pix can trigger Tribute (from the Spellthief item line) once per Lulu basic attack (instead of never triggering it at all)"

so basically support lulu buffs, midlane lulu nerfs. tbh i don't know why they nerf midlane lulu since she's not that succesful in solo q or competitive but whatevs

i wish they buffed spellthief instead since it's pretty shitty item and building coin on nami feels awful

drawkcaB

naut is #8 below morgana

it goes

1. thresh
2. janna
3. blitzcrank
4. leona
5. braum
6. ali
7. morg

Leona and Alistar is above Morg in play rate while Naut and Soraka are below, but you're right , they are more popular most of them .

I still think it's kinda strange that I see so few Morgana. Perhaps they don't like to pick Morg into Nami which would make a lot of my champ selects biased, I dunno.

Jesus you literal fucks it was joke ;)

subtles

upcoming lulu changes

so basically support lulu buffs, midlane lulu nerfs. tbh i don't know why they nerf midlane lulu since she's not that succesful in solo q or competitive but whatevs

i wish they buffed spellthief instead since it's pretty shitty item and building coin on nami feels awful

I hope this doesn't hurt top lane Lulu too much. Certain matchups are already difficult.

I'm guessing we won't be seeing Poppy's update until after the WC?

subtles

I sent a pm. Thanks.

Also what are your thoughts on the state of Cassiopeia now? Not even Easyhoon has played her for quite a while judging from his op.gg.

Edit:

I thought someone might like this.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Looking for duo partner to get out of silver
shit
. Will pay with:

ibjaIEonLeKKgC.gif

and
RlYyB8z.gif

I am totally not bad guys, I just can't soloq for shit.

He is used in mid.

---

woah championship kalista...

He sucked at mid before runeglavie, and he is meh at mid now that it is no longer AP. I remember season 2/3 mid Ezreal was a laughable joke only done by smurfs. Stupid ass runeglavie brought that shit back this season but thank god it's gone again.

zkylon

zkylewd
I sent a pm. Thanks.

Also what are your thoughts on the state of Cassiopeia now? Not even Easyhoon has played her for quite a while judging from his op.gg.

Edit:

I thought someone might like this.

here ya go, clean and nice tf

ih9WHv1.png

about cassi, i dunno, i think waveclear is super important right now midlane and she gets really pressured by guys like viky and azir, and i think ludens nerfs hurt her a bunch. like, the ap itemization stuff killed those very passive early game midlaners from competitive like vlad, cassi and kog and even varus to some degree. they still show up every now and then but i don't think tear champions are that great midlane anymore

for like solo q, i dunno, i think she's probably decent but tear rush champions are rough to play for me cos u need to know how to play a weaker lane and not only be relevant later on but also make up for all the free stuff the other team got off your early game weakness, and cassi is not like jinx or whatever that are super easy to play

faridmon

OMG

we just a threw away a game where we lead 47-30 had 3 dragons and had 2 of their inhibitors

How? Well, they just decided, on that final team fight to focus on tank. I also had the game of my life with Sona :(

Fuck the world

patchday

but he had the game of his life with her. sounded like nothing he could do but watch the world burn as his teammates went naf

[edit] But yall make me glad I never bought Sona by the sounds of things

Kenai

he may be melee but unlike someone like diana or i dunno kassadin or akali he actually has kill pressure even in like level 2 or 3

like you're syndra and you want to q him every time he goes for a last hit but he tanks a lot of that dmg thanks to passive, e and flask and the second u miss ur e you're dead

that makes his laming very much not rough

Just as an example, random AP mids. Take Ziggs or Annie or Karma or Ori or Diana mid icause I like playing most of them. Syndra is kind of a not so good choice since he can E her ult pretty easy unless you combo him with a stun. Annie can ult + burst him down, or stun, farm a few minions and be ready with stun again, Ziggs will never let him get close enough, and if he does he drops a minefield and satchels away, Karma shrugs off his E with her E unless he starts Dorans (and then has no sustain) ect. Ori pulls in her ball and does all 3 of her skills on a shorter CD with more pre-6 burst. And these are mages, it's even worse vs a lot of the AD mids with the steroid boosts or more natural self healing to counteract his own W (which relies on sustained engages from the DoT). Or someone like Zed which is just plain more efficient with poke and escapes.

Basically if Fizz jumps on you and your minion wave is still up, his passive will negate most of the minion wave dmg but not much else at the same time so you should go even + he is more likely to have been harassed v a mage than the other way around, especially pre-6 since a lot of their basic moves are either more efficient or AoE or both. If he happens to get 6 before you do, that is a problem, but otherwise he's manageable. Especially since the moment he Es on you he becomes super weak to a jungle gank for a fair window of time.

All this and he's still really good because he is such an effective 1 v 1 duelist once his skills are leveled, but his laning has never been his strong point. He has to E to clear with any efficiency and that means it's expensive and it opens him up to ganks the second it goes on CD. Even if you are scared to duel him (you should be) keeping the wave pushed so he has a hard time roaming (like most assassins want to do) isn't hard vs him. Until he gets levels in his E it really is that bad.

subtles

here ya go, clean and nice tf

ih9WHv1.png

about cassi, i dunno, i think waveclear is super important right now midlane and she gets really pressured by guys like viky and azir, and i think ludens nerfs hurt her a bunch. like, the ap itemization stuff killed those very passive early game midlaners from competitive like vlad, cassi and kog and even varus to some degree. they still show up every now and then but i don't think tear champions are that great midlane anymore

for like solo q, i dunno, i think she's probably decent but tear rush champions are rough to play for me cos u need to know how to play a weaker lane and not only be relevant later on but also make up for all the free stuff the other team got off your early game weakness, and cassi is not like jinx or whatever that are super easy to play

Thank you T_T

I was thinking of playing TF/Ori/Lulu/? mid lane when the ping stabilizes as on some days I still get weird packet loss/ping spikes. I thought Cass would be a good champion to round it off, but I'm not sure. I could always go back to Jayce but the tank meta still gives me nightmares. I guess those three will be more than enough for the foreseeable future.

I haven't played Ranked in almost two months but I'm going to try for Plat before the season ends. T_T

zkylon

zkylewd
Just as an example, random AP mids. Take Ziggs or Annie or Karma or Ori or Diana mid icause I like playing most of them. Syndra is kind of a not so good choice since he can E her ult pretty easy unless you combo him with a stun. Annie can ult + burst him down, or stun, farm a few minions and be ready with stun again, Ziggs will never let him get close enough, and if he does he drops a minefield and satchels away, Karma shrugs off his E with her E unless he starts Dorans (and then has no sustain) ect. Ori pulls in her ball and does all 3 of her skills on a shorter CD with more pre-6 burst. And these are mages, it's even worse vs a lot of the AD mids with the steroid boosts or more natural self healing to counteract his own W (which relies on sustained engages from the DoT). Or someone like Zed which is just plain more efficient with poke and escapes.

Basically if Fizz jumps on you and your minion wave is still up, his passive will negate most of the minion wave dmg but not much else at the same time so you should go even + he is more likely to have been harassed v a mage than the other way around, especially pre-6 since a lot of their basic moves are either more efficient or AoE or both. If he happens to get 6 before you do, that is a problem, but otherwise he's manageable. Especially since the moment he Es on you he becomes super weak to a jungle gank for a fair window of time.

All this and he's still really good because he is such an effective 1 v 1 duelist once his skills are leveled, but his laning has never been his strong point. He has to E to clear with any efficiency and that means it's expensive and it opens him up to ganks the second it goes on CD. Even if you are scared to duel him (you should be) keeping the wave pushed so he has a hard time roaming (like most assassins want to do) isn't hard vs him. Until he gets levels in his E it really is that bad.
you're looking at it the wrong way tho, i never said he's good at trading against a mage because any ranged champion, specially ones with shields like lulu or ori, can just tank his dmg then auto him while he runs away. he can dodge your main spell with his e which makes him really difficult to play against with mids that have dodgeable spells. your examples here are kind of dodgy, cos like karma and ori and diana have shields to trade with him and also don't have a big "if i miss this i'm fucked" kind of spell like syndra or xerath or ahri or whatever. annie has a very easy stun to land even pre-6 and she also has her e. ziggs has an escape and is really long range. i'm not saying he has favorable matchups against all these champions but i disagree that he's weak against them because...

what i did say i said is that he has a ton of tools to survive your harass and then the kill pressure to discourage you to actually harass him. fizz dmg is pretty nuts, even early on, and it's so easy to land and the fact that he can ignore your cc is terrifying for immobile mages which means that going up for an auto against him is a always risky move. he dodges your one spell, you're helpless, and that's a ton of lane pressure your way, specially since he shrugs off a lot of auto dmg (usually one of your main ways to fuck over melee mids) thanks to his passive and because he has flask. and then he gets 6 and he can just try to kill you with zero risk by throwing his ult. he misses no biggie, it lands and it's a one shot kill.

a good option would be to push him to turret, but it also puts you in a shitty situation cos you're easy prey for lee sin and co. plus, pushing him out is pretty costly for most other mids too, someone like ori spends like 180 mana on qwe'ing a wave. like obviously it's what you end up doing but it's really easy for him to throw his fish out and set up or follow up a gank

so yeah, i never said he was zed in lane (zed is stupid), but he's FAAAAAAAAAR from weak

Thank you T_T

I was thinking of playing TF/Ori/Lulu/? mid lane when the ping stabilizes as on some days I still get weird packet loss/ping spikes. I thought Cass would be a good champion to round it off, but I'm not sure. I could always go back to Jayce but the tank meta still gives me nightmares. I guess those three will be more than enough for the foreseeable future.

I haven't played Ranked in almost two months but I'm going to try for Plat before the season ends. T_T
i mean, ori's the best champion in the game imo so can't recommend her enough

tf is really good if you know how to play safe in lane. i don't so i don't like him but he's a cool champion

lulu's ok, i think she's a bit weak right now as a solo lane cos u depend so much on having a decent adc and those are hard to come by

but you should know that.

Is this flirtatious or ominous?

Anywho, I recently got demoted from Silver II to Silver III. I don't care much for my rank so if you end up being major ass it don't matter. What matters is your heart.
I'm on right now and I might be on tomorrow night if the god of homework treats me right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom