• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

killatopak

Gold Member
He did pretty well whenever a the jungler comes up but he is super weak and fed me every time I see him.

The support reconnected then the jungler dc. This was 5 mins in. Bot lost hard because of no supps in the beginning. Top and Mid was ok though I question Orianna building Mejai's when we were already 1 man short. In the end we lost.

Two things I did learn from the game though. Morde ghosts were OP as fuck. Him ulting me when I died was the bad one because I played Rene and it tanked for them leading into towers getting destroyed. This is especially bad in Siege because his ghosts stayed far longer than before. The worse one is because we had no jungler, the dragon was uncontested leading to morde having monopoly on the dragon and having dragon ghosts. Tears were shed.

zkylon

zkylewd
That has always been the case
i mean, for the last few years yea cos all the supports that've been released actually do shit rather than being a free aegis or whatever, but there was a time in which her ult was actually super strong and other supports weren't so active in comparison

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
bZ7NrDK.jpg

phinious

Wow I need to learn Azzir. I play a lot of Cho and just got clowned by Azzir in lane. Disclaimer: I'm only gold iv, but then again so was he.

patchday

Where da PROJECT skins at rito, don't you want my Euros, you money grubbing bastards.

Yeah hopefully they release at a discount is that how new skins work?

for instance, the new academy skins are 750. Will they eventually go up to 925 RP or whatever?

(I'm not planning to buy academy skins but anyway)

Forgive my stupid questions I'm still kinda new (only L24)

zkylon

zkylewd
yea i'd honestly not bother with azir

not worth the trouble

took me a lot to get a good grasp of when to insec ppl, where to put soldiers, get a feel of his extended auto range, how to set up minions for last hitting, etc. and rito has sort of turned him upside down and nerfed him a lot, and he's not that fun or strong anymore

jerd

Yeah hopefully they release at a discount is that how new skins work?

for instance, the new academy skins are 750. Will they eventually go up to 925 RP or whatever?

(I'm not planning to buy academy skins but anyway)

Forgive my stupid questions I'm still kinda new (only L24)

Nah skins are released in tiers based on how fancy they are. The academy skins are just retextures/remodels so they are only 750 bc they don't have any frills. It's usually just the 1350 skins that are released at a discount

patchday

Just saw patch notes. Yay pantheon buff. Might actually be a contender in the jungle again.

wow he got a buff? I'll take it :) need to go read these notes

Nah skins are released in tiers based on how fancy they are. The academy skins are just retextures/remodels so they are only 750 bc they don't have any frills. It's usually just the 1350 skins that are released at a discount

Thanks!!!

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Brand hurts so much. Ppl don't understand that in team fights if your don't kill brand he will destroy you. All but 1 of his skills are aoe and he ult only get stronger with more ppl.
When every I play brand I have to go against a yas :/.
Yet he has two skillshots, an ult that requires at least one enemy unit to do damage, and no escapes other than a stun that takes at least 2 abilities to pull off. Best champ.

why do you play a different champion in almost every other ranked game.

hmm.

well, (a) I like a bit of diversity and primarily (b) because I'm usually around the bottom of the pick screen, so I tend to not get a lot of say in my position. further, different champs make more sense for different team comps. Comps I'd want to run Lux mid in (for example) are not the same comps I might want to run Brand in. The bot lanes I may want to pick Blitz in are not necessarily the same ones I'd want to pick Nami in. I could play Jayce in literally every position, but it's not always expedient to do so (for example, situations where picking Jayce would give my team a full AD comp). I suppose my question to your question is why wouldn't I want a champ pool of 10-15 champs that I know I can perform well on, from which I can select the best compliment a team comp?

My champ pool necessarily goes about 4 champs deep at all positions with which I am very confident in my ability to perform. Pools at supp, adc and mid are larger still. As it is, I rarely lose a lane as the primary farmer. I'd say once every 10 games or so. But I don't think I've learned how to turn that into map pressure effectively in LoL. And I still have to learn how to salvage games where primary lane farmers are tilting or feeding really strong champs.

Leezard

hmm.

well, (a) I like a bit of diversity and primarily (b) because I'm usually around the bottom of the pick screen, so I tend to not get a lot of say in my position. further, different champs make more sense for different team comps. Comps I'd want to run Lux mid in (for example) are not the same comps I might want to run Brand in. The bot lanes I may want to pick Blitz in are not necessarily the same ones I'd want to pick Nami in. I could play Jayce in literally every position, but it's not always expedient to do so (for example, situations where picking Jayce would give my team a full AD comp). I suppose my question to your question is why wouldn't I want a champ pool of 10-15 champs that I know I can perform well on, from which I can select the best compliment a team comp?

My champ pool necessarily goes about 4 champs deep at all positions with which I am very confident in my ability to perform. Pools at supp, adc and mid are larger still. As it is, I rarely lose a lane as the primary farmer. I'd say once every 10 games or so. But I don't think I've learned how to turn that into map pressure effectively in LoL. And I still have to learn how to salvage games where primary lane farmers are tilting or feeding really strong champs.
In theory this is good, and I must compliment you for trying to choose a decent team comp; few players do that. If you have this choice among the champs that you are comfortable on, then you're making the correct choice. If you have to move to someone you're not comfortable on, it might not always be a good decision.

There are some cases where if you know a certain champion better you will have more of an impact on the game, you will win more lane matchups etc. since you know a certain champion in and out. It makes it possible to straight out win matchups that are not in your favor, or just win an even to favorable matchup harder.

In my experience the easiest way to achieve a high rank is to master a few champs. You can see all the one trick ponies in diamond/master. It is a lot more time consuming to reach this rank with a more diverse roster as you won't know each of them as well.

Kenai

I was watching the Korean LCK Regional final
Question, how the hell did Victor manage steal blue at 1:31? I mean how did he know someone was there farming? timed it and the execution with no wards?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFWyP7eFZbY

was it just blind luck?

Usually yea. There are many more situations where things like that fail, but the just happened to be recording this success. Think about how many games are actively going on and it's not so hard to believe.Although there was likely some skill involved since he prolly knew blue would be being cleared around that time (if it was there) and took a chance on it.

faridmon

Usually yea. There are many more situations where things like that fail, but the just happened to be recording this success. Think about how many games are actively going on and it's not so hard to believe.Although there was likely some skill involved since he prolly knew blue would be being cleared around that time (if it was there) and took a chance on it.

Yeah, you could actually tell the fact that was a lucky steal since the Victor playing was visibly laughing after that play, but man, what a steal that was.

Such mild Fiora nerfs. And the Zac nerf kinda defeats the point of buffing his E in the first place, doesn't it? Also is Zac even dominating anything?
It's too boring otherwise. There's over a hundred champions in the game. Why not play as many as you can.
Because there's only one Fiora

patchday

wait- they nerfed Fiora already on PBE? Patch notes dont mention nerfing her

Starting to already get tired of the constant nerfing.

This is how it goes--
Me: "Hey, I think i'm gonna buy Fiora & Shen! I really dug them after playing them during free rotation!!!"
Riot releases patch notes
Me: "What the crap! The dude I just played during free rotation was already revamped! Now I don't know what im buying, maybe I should wait til next free rotation..."

So apparently the Zac change is because even though Riot buffed his E range, since it depends on charge time he can't actually charge long enough to reach his new max range

Oopsie

Also the fuck is this
"When Touching" damage increased to 180/250/320/390/460 (.9 AP) from 140/180/220/260/300 (.6 AP)
Why the fuck is Morde getting more damage
wait- they nerfed Fiora already on PBE? Patch notes dont mention nerfing her

Starting to already get tired of the constant nerfing.

This is how it goes--
Me: "Hey, I think i'm gonna buy Fiora & Shen! I really dug them after playing them during free rotation!!!"
Riot releases patch notes
Me: "What the crap! The dude I just played during free rotation was already revamped! Now I don't know what im buying, maybe I should wait til next free rotation..."
Stop worrying about nerfs unless you play ADC, just buy what you have fun with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom