• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenai

zeds the most balanced mid riots ever made kappa

Zed has never made me nerd rage as much as Lee Sin or Diana mid in their prime but he can get pretty silly with his free poke that is extremely hard (for me) to dodge.

you're looking at it the wrong way tho, i never said he's good at trading against a mage because any ranged champion, specially ones with shields like lulu or ori, can just tank his dmg then auto him while he runs away. he can dodge your main spell with his e which makes him really difficult to play against with mids that have dodgeable spells. your examples here are kind of dodgy, cos like karma and ori and diana have shields to trade with him and also don't have a big "if i miss this i'm fucked" kind of spell like syndra or xerath or ahri or whatever. annie has a very easy stun to land even pre-6 and she also has her e. ziggs has an escape and is really long range. i'm not saying he has favorable matchups against all these champions but i disagree that he's weak against them because...

what i did say i said is that he has a ton of tools to survive your harass and then the kill pressure to discourage you to actually harass him. fizz dmg is pretty nuts, even early on, and it's so easy to land and the fact that he can ignore your cc is terrifying for immobile mages which means that going up for an auto against him is a always risky move. he dodges your one spell, you're helpless, and that's a ton of lane pressure your way, specially since he shrugs off a lot of auto dmg (usually one of your main ways to fuck over melee mids) thanks to his passive and because he has flask. and then he gets 6 and he can just try to kill you with zero risk by throwing his ult. he misses no biggie, it lands and it's a one shot kill.

a good option would be to push him to turret, but it also puts you in a shitty situation cos you're easy prey for lee sin and co. plus, pushing him out is pretty costly for most other mids too, someone like ori spends like 180 mana on qwe'ing a wave. like obviously it's what you end up doing but it's really easy for him to throw his fish out and set up or follow up a gank

so yeah, i never said he was zed in lane (zed is stupid), but he's FAAAAAAAAAR from weak

I think I understand better now. It may be that the champs I tend to like to play just happen to be good against Fizz moreso than others (I think Karma mid is probably the best Fizz counter in the game).

But are you taking into account that they did just nerf his early damage a fair amount to give him better late game scaling? Just making sure. That's why it's a net buff but his early game (especially since a lot of times he doesn't start Doran's) definitely hasn't improved.

zkylon

zkylewd
are u talking about the 5.17 nerfs? cos like, up until lvl 10 when you start putting points on w, it's just a ratio buff since it's the exact same dmg at rank 1. so with the ap on runes and masteries it's a tiny bit of dmg for him for most of laning.

then it loses 5/10/15/20 up to lvl 13, which is a fair bit but the extra ratios with runes/masteries+lich bane/morellos will probably compensate, at least for his assassin pattern, since his q is buffed too.

so i think this change is just a plain buff for ap fizz, not huge or anything, but one that he doesn't need cos i think he's pretty strong already

also zed balance logic is that since he's made completely useless by one item he's allowed to be flat out broken in lane. so yea, zed is stupid

patchday

luckily at my level people dont think to hourglass but watched a poor zed get spanked by a lulu that was bearing an hourglass in a ranked match.

I'm spectating the ranked match (joined mid game) and I'm wondering why is Zed treating Lulu with high respect and then I saw her shrug off his death mark and then proceeded to teach him a lesson I quickly realized there's some really scary dudes out there that know these items

Oh btw, I am digging Fiora :) she shall be my next purchase with IP. Then I'll snag Shen probably afterwards

zkylon

zkylewd
i always want to play more mid lulu, i dunno why i don't ever do it

i have this friend that's like super good with vayne and ezreal that can solo carry games if i just give him a ms buff, i should try it more often

patchday

Only got a chance to play with lulu once I wish they'd put her back on rotation I'd love to troll teammates with making them all huge and polymorphing the enemy. thats just some good times right there to be had

Newt

Looking for duo partner to get out of silver
shit
. Will pay with:

I am totally not bad guys, I just can't soloq for shit.
Once I finish leveling my smurf, I gotta start duoing with silver and bronze gaf. The tears will be delicious.

I'm pretty sure pankaks has like a whole youtube library of just duo games with intense trash talking skills in them.

killatopak

Gold Member
Def gonna buy that skin.
---

oQdLmX1.jpg

Sad day. No more rank skipping. I guess I knew it when I failed the first promo to plat 2.

--

On the other hand, Syndra skins are on sale at my region. Justicar or Atlantean?

Huh, my Garena account is still Gold I? The decay is a lot slower than I thought. I think I left it after doing my provis and ended up Plat II. I guess it'll end up with the gold awards without trying. :^)

killatopak

Gold Member
Huh, my Garena account is still Gold I? The decay is a lot slower than I thought. I think I left it after doing my provis and ended up Plat II. I guess it'll end up with the gold awards without trying. :^)

Decay only happens Plat 5 onwards so you'll be gold 1 for the rest of the season. You should come back and play so we could duo. :)

Leezard

Gold and lower do not decay. Unless Garena has other rules for decay I would assume the same applies here.

Decay only happens Plat 5 onwards so you'll be gold 1 for the rest of the season. You should come back and play so we could duo. :)

I'll be in Middle Earth for the coming years so my account is kill. :( Can't login from outside PH unless I find a VPN based in PH (as in it generates a PH IP address for me).

I think I spent 110USD on it since I had around 100 skins.

Leezard

Too bad his barrels are nerfed. I think he can't do that anymore at pbe or at least as fast as that.

They increased the delay before you can cast another barrel by 0.25 seconds... How long is the delay right now? If it's relatively low I can see that play still working since it was more than 0.25 seconds between the second and third barrel.

I have an account on NA now to play a few games with you folk.

Same as my EUW summoner name.

No champs or runes yet lol so I'll be sticking to ARAM for a while.

killatopak

Gold Member
What I basically do is round up my champ pool in specific roles. I basically buy what counters my most used champions. My Renekton counters Riven while my Irelia counters Renekton post 7. If you notice, they're three different types of champs. A tank, a bruiser and an assassin. I use that as a reference in other roles too.

As jungler, I only have 1 consistent champ I can win with and it's Shyvana. So I basically have a jungler carry. I want to round this up by finding a Tanky jungler, a control jungler and an early jungler.

As for support I have Leona which I would round up with a poke and a disengage support.

Basically, buy champs that round up your champion pool so you could have something for every situation. Outside of "Wow what a cute/cool champ. I'll buy her/him!", it's what I do.

killatopak

Gold Member
Currently playing with a morde top. Let's see if he's still as oppressive as he used to be.

Edit: Supp taric dc right outta the gate. :( Normals only though so it shouldn't be too bad.

patchday

I played against a Morde Top with my Fiora. I think he abanded top lane after I killed him once or twice real early in the game. He finished 4/4/0. Have yet to see a well played Morde at my level but I don't see him often either

[edit] Now to think of it, the last time I killed him right before his team surrendered I guess he was on his way to get a dragon pet. But I already led my team there to cap dragon. Was wondering why he tried to come by himself. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom