• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

Yeah but that's some misleading crap if I'm enjoying a character, planning to buy it, and it gets freakin' raked the following week.

Hopefully it won't be that bad tho

killatopak

Gold Member
Yeah but that's some misleading crap if I'm enjoying a character, planning to buy it, and it gets freakin' raked the following week.

Hopefully it won't be that bad tho

Fiora's nerfs isn't that big. Just some base stats reduction.

Edit: Still no Syndra buffs.

In theory this is good, and I must compliment you for trying to choose a decent team comp; few players do that. If you have this choice among the champs that you are comfortable on, then you're making the correct choice. If you have to move to someone you're not comfortable on, it might not always be a good decision.

There are some cases where if you know a certain champion better you will have more of an impact on the game, you will win more lane matchups etc. since you know a certain champion in and out. It makes it possible to straight out win matchups that are not in your favor, or just win an even to favorable matchup harder.

In my experience the easiest way to achieve a high rank is to master a few champs. You can see all the one trick ponies in diamond/master. It is a lot more time consuming to reach this rank with a more diverse roster as you won't know each of them as well.
Understood. TBH, I thought I was over-focusing my pool by only having 4 or 5 at each position. Coming from a Dota background where there are only 4 out of 100+ heroes that I don't feel comfortable playing at any given time, being limited to just 10 or 15 felt very small and a bit foreign to me. But yea there's more than enough room for improvement among my chosen 10-15 to keep me preoccupied. I'll reduce my pool further based on performance history and consistency and see what happens. I still don't know if that will translate to me applying pressure better or not. I sort of feel like my chosen champ pool isn't comprised of snowballers in the traditional sense. No Jax, no Irela, no Fiora, no Tryndamere, no Fizz. Eh....idk. I feel like I've been in a lot of games where only those kinds of champs can save a team from its own stupidity. Where playing a champ that is still relatively dependent on his or her team to still be competent sooner or later means a loss.

patchday

Well I'll just buy her with IP now to think of it. Will hold off on Shen tho.

At least they're avoiding my precious Karma, Vi, Pantheon, & Talon. It looks like any champ that doesn't see any pro play appears to fly completely under their radar. I'll jsut make sure I don't get too attached to Fiora

Newt

Alright guys, the time has come. I've made a new ranked team if anyone wants that crappy wards at the end of the season. Just send me a msg, and you'll get an inv. Gonna base it partly on rank, but if you're in silver or something, play a decent amount, and are willing to listen to the team I'm fine with sending out an invite.

Edit: Also need someone who can record games or stream. *Glares at pankaks* *Glares at panda*.

patchday

I suspect, at the most, LoL players only need like 12 champions. 3 champs for each role. This way if your dude gets banned or used by opposite team you have another option.

Type2

Alright guys, the time has come. I've made a new ranked team if anyone wants that crappy wards at the end of the season. Just send me a msg, and you'll get an inv. Gonna base it partly on rank, but if you're in silver or something, play a decent amount, and are willing to listen to the team I'm fine with sending out an invite.
Down to help people out for rewards. Should be able to hit plat for myself before the season ends.

Edit: Also need someone who can record games or stream. *Glares at pankaks*
im running replay.gg does that count.

faridmon

VDp81G0.png

I honestly don't know whether our team was good or their team was bad or combination of both but it was an easy game. Most of their kills came from us messing about and just 1v5 for the fun of it.

I am actually happy that I have more assists than our supp.

zkylon

zkylewd
http://na.lolesports.com/articles/2015-all-star-event

so apparently rito's gonna do all stars this year. similar to other years, ppl vote for dream teams of every region, except now the rest of the world has a mini all stars tournament that decides who goes, cos like there's like a billion countries in that "region"

and then teams get split into team ice and team fire? depending on how they do at worlds? or something?

and the teams that win get rewards for their region? so like, i'm super fucked cos i'm gonna have like the turkish team or something, while koreans will get like a million free skins or whatever lol

weeeeeeeeeird

http://na.lolesports.com/articles/2015-all-star-event

so apparently rito's gonna do all stars this year. similar to other years, ppl vote for dream teams of every region, except now the rest of the world has a mini all stars tournament that decides who goes, cos like there's like a billion countries in that "region"

and then teams get split into team ice and team fire? depending on how they do at worlds? or something?

and the teams that win get rewards for their region? so like, i'm super fucked cos i'm gonna have like the turkish team or something, while koreans will get like a million free skins or whatever lol

weeeeeeeeeird
I wonder what the rewards are going to be? Probably a mundo skin :^)

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Waiting for the patch to patched so I can try Ranked again. Gonna see if i can get Garen top because people seem to think that just because you see a champ on the nerf list means that no one will use them.

faridmon

Just had a crappy ranked game where, I was all over the place confused which lane to gank, because none of them had wards and just end up feeding Jax. I wasn't the sharpest of the bunch, but something tells me we could have won if they just read the map a bit more and warded their lanes.

Oh and our ADC was afk up to 10 mins tie and our mid was just flaming all the time.

patchday

We won! yay

I guess the summoner reconnected or all you needed was 4

edit-- crap just noticed some scrub on our team picked smite. He was bottom pick so he slipped that past me. I would've dodged that lobby and soaked the leaver penalty for that. Two smiters? Never seen that work in the scrub leagues (< Rank 30)

Fracas

#fuckonami
I haven't played much Lucian lately, been getting back into him.

I know it's shit but damn a 40% cdr caster build is fun as hell

patchday

Wow, we won that thing

Took almost an hour tho. At the end of the match everyone agreed that was a crazy battle. They popped two of our inhibitors but we got all 3 of theirs and raided the base

That rare moment when it's actually not the ADC's fault but the support's fault. Ghost said it well "this Thresh is just garbage".

It's not that rare. Down in Silver, Supports often simply do nothing at all. They present as large range minions in the lane, floating behind the ADC (far from any threatening position) and just sort of sapping XP while in their own minds providing the *threat* of a disengage or grab or something. Rarely being active on the map. Rarely discouraging the enemy laners. I find that in most games, it's the support pick (what they offer to the lane) and plays that determines who's going to win the bot lane. Rare are the times when the ADC is able to win a lane with minimal help from a support.

The saddest part is that they don't realize they being useless.

killatopak

Gold Member
The trick to being a good support is by playing with the mindset that even as a support you can carry games.

I've said it in the past thread that the support has the largest potential of making plays. Be it simple vision advantage or amazing engage, disengage and peel.

Tizoc

In theory, it should work for mini gnar with his AS buffs, but mega gnar with his Massive Damage is where its at, not AS.

Mega Gnar's slow ass Attack speed is prob. what annoys some players.
Furthermore, with attack speed Mini Gnar could charge up his meter a little faster to transform into Mega Gnar.

Newt

It's not that rare. Down in Silver, Supports often simply do nothing at all. They present as large range minions in the lane, floating behind the ADC (far from any threatening position) and just sort of sapping XP while in their own minds providing the *threat* of a disengage or grab or something. Rarely being active on the map. Rarely discouraging the enemy laners. I find that in most games, it's the support pick (what they offer to the lane) and plays that determines who's going to win the bot lane. Rare are the times when the ADC is able to win a lane with minimal help from a support.

I dunno, usually in our games the support tends to be decent, but the ADC complete shit. Ghost and I usually stomp lane anyways tho.

Also, Elise is just free LP atm.

Leezard

Yeah, that is typical of low elo supports. It changes in higher ranks.

jerd

Isn't that his recommended build path? I've seen more sunfire first though.

idk if it is but if so it's one of those situations where even tho riot realizes its a bad build but still has it in his recommended for whatever reason (see poachers existing in literally any junglers recommended)

There are a number of reasons it is bad but to name a few bork is only remotely useful on gnar in mini form and if he builds it early any top laner is just going to obliterate him because he's so damn squishy, and late game gnar's entire role for the team is in mega form where he wants to be in the middle of everything wreaking havoc, not desperately trying to auto attack things while he melts to make use of his item passive. Cleaver to tank or tank-cleaver-tank is the only thing that is really going to work well on him and that's what is going to maximize his usefulness.

There's a reason everybody thought he was terrible when he was released, and the bork build is a large part of it

killatopak

Gold Member
Demoted to Bronze IV

:(

Maybe you should practice more on normals before going ranked?

I remember having around 350+ wins and 300+ losses on normals before I started my provisions.

It gave me necessary match up experience in my main role and enough experience to do well in other lanes. Once I started ranked, I never stopped playing normals as I treat it as my training ground where I could test new champs and builds. I also never play ranked as soon as a patch comes out. I try to get used to it in normals first before diving in ranked.

Watch streams and coaching sessions on youtube. I learned a lot from it too. I actually watch box box uploads almost religiously and followed everything he did until I did my provisions where I developed my own method of playing Riven and in extension other champions as well. Now I just watch him for his amazing plays but sometimes he coaches and tells what to do in certain situations and it really helps.

It's just that I almost notice something in bronze players and I think it's the reason for them being in bronze. It's that once they have enough champions and hit level 30 they jump to rank immediately. I believe there's a correlation between your win ratio on normals and on ranked. Once you go positive in normals where you fight those above your expected ranked, you can be sure that your mechanical skills surpass anything that you have right now. The only thing you need to train are game knowledge like how certain match ups work and stuff like map awareness and decision making.

I had a chance of playing twice with challenger and master players back in my unranked days simply because I was on a 20 win streak using Riven alone. You know what happened? I won and I didn't learn anything because I was so obsessed with having to play with challengers that I didn't notice anything I did wrong. The other time was where I lost and I learned so much stuff that really helped me in ranked up to this day.

I guess to summarize it, consistently win in normals first before playing ranked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom