• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawkcaB

Tahm would really benefit from a QoL changes. First, he should have a skill shot indicator when he swallows minions/monsters to know how far and where he'll spit them out. Second, after selecting the location where he wants to ult to, he should be able to click on nearby teammates to let them know "I want you to ult with me". Third, when he presses W on a teammate out of range there should be an indication on that teammate's screen showing that Tahm is coming to devourer them. The teammate can then waive them off by using either the caution or danger ping.

In the jungle his initial clear sucks. He needs all three skills to get the job done and the buff camps smash him up pre-6. Even with a solid leash doing Krug/Gromp->Buff->Buff is rough. Double jungle* solves this but most people don't do this yet. I've seen lots of high level Tahm players actually clear one side of the jungle and then to the corresponding river crab and then going to the other side of the jungle. The extra bit of time used to nab the crab gives him enough HP via regen to clear the remainder of the jungle safely.

Fun trick is to wait until Gromp/Krug are at 20%+100 HP remaining and then devouring them, walk over to the red/buff camp and spit them out.

I don't find his initiation that bad. Not great by any stretch, but not bad. Bigger problem is that like Leona, using all your tools on initiation means you're out of position to peel for your carries. In the matches I've played him in (support only so far) I prefer playing him like Mundo, just a big meat shield to give my carries a moment to apply damage and win those pre-fight trades before the big brawl breaks out.

Like dimb I still love him though. Fun, easy to play, hard to master, and his visuals/audio work are perfect.

The ap junglers.

Mm, even then, frankly. Elise and Diana have higher win rates with attack speed reds. Having tried both AS reds and the usual penetration reds I much prefer the AS reds on both of them. Makes a big difference in the early game clear times which is important for both champions. Wouldn't be surprised if Fizz has higher win rates with AS reds too. General rule of thumb is that if you have an on-hit effect in your kit, you'll benefit from AS reds or quints because those effects tend to add up very quickly because of how important AAs are to jungling, particularly early game.

Type2

Tahm has some priority issues in his code and could use a little more cleanup in his interface. I do agree with using w primarily to protect from incoming burst/cc but in those cases when you want to eat a three stack enemy it will go for your ally and totally screw you over if that said enemy gets their CDs back. He has trouble getting to people, his ult is clunky and very easy to react to and his presence is lane is lackluster. I'm just waiting for riot to clean him up a little bit before deciding what buffs he needs.

zkylon

zkylewd
So it sounds like reddit is gonna start bitching about Lux being too strong

lol
thats why i dont like random buffs like the ones she's got

it doesn't address her issues, and it only highlights them tbh, cos she has a lot of excess stuff power to compensate and now it probably went overboard :T

zkylon

zkylewd
what's a good heimer counter in the 1v1?

I assume ranged poke that goes over minions? Varus/Ahri/Azir/Xerath/Vel? Maybe mixed champs like Lux/Brand?

i'd say someone with good waveclear that can outrange him later on in teamfights

so yea xerath, ziggs, azir

ori is tough cos early on her waveclear is pretty trash but she can survive him

but best strategy against heimer is the ping back key

dont EVER let your jungler stupidly walk into his death, like spam that shit like cray!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
what's a good heimer counter in the 1v1?

I assume ranged poke that goes over minions? Varus/Ahri/Azir/Xerath/Vel? Maybe mixed champs like Lux/Brand?

Ziggs and Syndra make Heimer cry. Xerath works too.

zkylon

zkylewd
syndra q nerf made early laning against heimer kind of tough, really

like, i played against a pretty good heimer a month ago that was like impossibly annoying to play against cos she can't waveclear great and she doesn't have shields or range to be safe under turret against him. so like u have to do like auto turret shot auto for casters and that's always a couple autos from him u'd get and all that dodging missiles and grenades

i still killed him like a billion times later on but laning was pretty rough

zkylon

zkylewd
Lulu
Base HP reverted to 552.76 from 518
Armor reverted to 19.2 from 23
HP per level reduced to 74 from 82

more sensible nerf, specially since i feel the old one actually hurt supp lulu a lot

note that the spellthief change is still there, so i guess lulu support might be pretty nice now. i liked her before too tbh, but double proccing spellthief is nice since it's like double the damagess double the moneyzz, that's pretty sweet

wish they did that for sona too

and nami

or they basically made spellthief double dmg lol

drawkcaB

We don't want Elise to be just a stunbot! We want her to do damage!

NEVERMIND

More or less. I'd even have preferred a nerf on the stun values back to what they used to be, even knowing that would make her weaker early. Or make it a snare like I suggested a while ago. Elise actually felt really nice to play late game.

patchday

everytime I come to this thread I get distressed. I just bought Elise on sale cause I dug her on the last free rotate. Now it sounds like she got nerfed into the ground. I hope that's not true ugh

zkylon

zkylewd
she isn't nerfed to the ground

also sadly that's league of legends, all the champions i've ever played have gotten nerfed probably multiple times. also buffed, but buffs never hurt :<

i'm trying real hard to think of a champion of mine that hasn't ever gotten nerfed, but i really can't think of any.

it's the cycle of life

Bacon

everytime I come to this thread I get distressed. I just bought Elise on sale cause I dug her on the last free rotate. Now it sounds like she got nerfed into the ground. I hope that's not true ugh

Don't get too stressed about that stuff man. It's a discussion forum so people always exaggerate a bit when it comes to champions getting buffed and nerfed, especially when it's their favorite champion. I know I've been guilty of this in the past. Most of the nerfs that go through are going to be relatively minor unless that champion has been ridiculously overpowered and in those cases it's usually well justified.

zkylon

zkylewd
that's just a number

maybe her spiderlings deal twice the dmg they need to

or they don't matter as much, specially since she keeps most of her early spiderling dmg for clears

or whatever

What runes/masteries do you use for him in the jungle phil? I tried one game with a bunch of ad and attack speed marks and quints and actually had a really healthy first clear but my top was afk so i had to top lane that game instead and never really got to jungle him. I know with just attack speed and no ad his clears are pretty brutal

I just used the highest winrate stuff on champion.gg

here you go:

jYmCvXi.png
8WHXiqD.png

First clear is definitely rough but once you get your jungle item after your first back it's actually one of the quickest and safest in the game I think.

drawkcaB

Spiderlings deal way more damage late game than you guys are giving them credit for. I'd wager over the course of a typical 5v5 they'll contribute 800+ damage easy. It's actually early on that their base damage sucks because there aren't many of them, W hasn't been leveled for the AS boost (passive and active) and their on-hit damage scales with her ult level. They're only good for tanking monster damage pre-6 and only provide significant damage post-11.

patchday

lol @ what Ghost said in the lobby chat in that screenshot above.

Yeah hopefully I wont notice any changes to Elise when I take her for a spin later. Yeah I need to grow some thicker skin and just get used to the constant nerfing / buffing.

[edit] huh checked patch notes didnt see the Elise spiderling nerf I guess that must be on PBE?

Newt

lol @ what Ghost said in the lobby chat in that screenshot above.

Yeah hopefully I wont notice any changes to Elise when I take her for a spin later. Yeah I need to grow some thicker skin and just get used to the constant nerfing / buffing.

[edit] huh checked patch notes didnt see the Elise spiderling nerf I guess that must be on PBE?
My poor Kali :(.

roa lulu is probably the better late game option but i think it takes too long to scale up compared to the instant power boost you get from a morellonomicon.

Bacon

Eh the kali nerfs weren't that bad to be honest. She's still strong.

Unless there are more kali nerfs on pbe that I haven't seen yet

Bacon

Yeah maybe they can add some scaling back I guess I didn't realize how weird that change was. I still think her objective control and kiting ability is unmatched from the adc position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom