• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekofrog

Banned
tahm is still my favorite champion conceptually, from a design point.

big old catfish frog toad thing. right up my alley. :3

patchday

Yeah those Kali nerfs. I don't think I'm going to buy her when she goes on sale.

It's nice though Vi and Karma got buffed those are my two most played characters with Diana running 3rd (plz dont touch Diana)

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Yeah those Kali nerfs. I don't think I'm going to buy her when she goes on sale.

It's nice though Vi and Karma got buffed those are my two most played characters with Diana running 3rd (plz dont touch Diana)
That vi buff was haphazard. Shes spectacular right now but why make her better? Her early game was her greatest weakness.

zkylon

zkylewd
roa lulu is probably the better late game option but i think it takes too long to scale up compared to the instant power boost you get from a morellonomicon.
yeah i heard a little bit about this

i like the idea of buying roa on more champions, i keep meaning to do it on ori but i feel like i'd miss the cdr from like morellos/athenes rush too much

i should try it on lissandra at least

but ugh, the thought of building "tanky" on lissandra just

ugh

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
tahm is still my favorite champion conceptually, from a design point.

big old catfish frog toad thing. right up my alley. :3
I do not think the concept worked out on the base skin. His clothes are weird and wrong. His cook skin is really cool but I'm like 40 RP short, and I don't know that I really want to buy more right now.

zkylon

zkylewd
well thats why my first suggestion was archlight

but those are the two good vayne skins

and u went ahead and bought chromas for the worst one -__-

killatopak

Gold Member
They're not buffing him, they're big-ass nerfs. His W damage just got cut in half so they're just making sure said half is not too low.

Mordekaiser
Armor per level increased to 3.75 from 3.5
Base armor reduced to 22 from 24.88
Harvesters of Sorrow (W) "when they touch" damage lowered to 140/200/260/320/380 from 180/250/320/390/460
[NOTE: Live value is currently 140/180/220/260/300.]

They nerfed the buff.

zkylon

zkylewd
those are changes on previous morde changes

this is the full list

Mordekaiser
Armor per level increased to 3.75 from 3.5
Base armor reduced to 22 from 24.88
Mace of Spades (Q) health cost increased to 25/30/35/40/45 from 20/23/26/29/32 health.
Harvesters of Sorrow (W) has several changes:
- W can now be self cast
- [Will not do the "when they touch" damage but will do the reactivate damage.]
- [W's damage zones can no longer overlap for double damage - source.]
- Movement speed noted as "up to" 75 instead of just 75
- Health cost increased to 25/30/35/40/45 from 0
- "When Touching" damage increased to 140/200/260/320/380 (.9 AP) from 140/180/220/260/300 (.6 AP)
- Reactivation damage increased to 70/95/120/145/170 from 50/70/90/110/130
- % heal on minions lowered to 25% from 33%
- Max number of units drained reduced to 2 from 3

killatopak

Gold Member
There's more buffs than nerfs in that. I still think it's a net buff. They are trying to buff solo kaiser more though.

There's more buffs than nerfs in that. I still think it's a net buff. They are trying to buff solo kaiser more though.
wat

They reduced his base armor, increased his health costs, made his MS buff have a ramp up, and cut his sustain by half. His W damage is getting increased because Riot removed the ability to stack his W zones for double damage, removing a massive chunk of his potential damage and early pushing ability. The armor per level buff is pretty much the only actual buff in that list aside from solo Morde being able to self cast W again

killatopak

Gold Member
wat

They reduced his base armor, increased his health costs, made his MS buff have a ramp up, and cut his sustain by half. His W damage is getting increased because Riot removed the ability to stack his W zones for double damage, removing a massive chunk of his potential damage and early pushing ability. The armor per level buff is pretty much the only actual buff in that list aside from solo Morde being able to self cast W again

So he gets less sustain huh...

Personally, I still think he's too strong even with those supposed nerfs. Just stick a Soraka or someone with a heal with him and he'll be able to sustain lane forever. That coupled with his damage output is just bonkers. We'll see once it hits live. There's a 80% chance I'm wrong but with the right comps he'll still wreck shit. To be fair, if he doesn't have synergy anymore with the majority of supports, I'll think of it as a nerf.

So he gets less sustain huh...

Personally, I still think he's too strong even with those supposed nerfs. Just stick a Soraka or someone with a heal with him and he'll be able to sustain lane forever. That coupled with his damage output is just bonkers. We'll see once it hits live. There's a 80% chance I'm wrong but with the right comps he'll still wreck shit. To be fair, if he doesn't have synergy anymore with the majority of supports, I'll think of it as a nerf.
Put a soraka with anyone and they will sustain for every that is what she does. I problem is that he has no cc and with out a hard engage it is hard to force a fight.

killatopak

Gold Member
Put a soraka with anyone and they will sustain for every that is what she does. I problem is that he has no cc and with out a hard engage it is hard to force a fight.

You don't need to force a fight. You just shove to the tower using Morde's skills. Since it has health costs now, you mitigate it by putting a healing support with you. By doing this, you make the enemy laner lose cs and it is slowly chipping tower hp while you can back off after shoving it to avoid ganks.

Sooner or later, you're gonna outlevel the enemy laner due to your passive and you can try to be more aggressive or contest dragon.

Edit: Oh and if your support needs sustain too, you can buy a relic shield for yourself.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean, the problem if you push to turret with soraka is that you're a botlane with little dmg (morde's melee, soraka doesn't do all that much) and no cc that is gonna get destroyed by ganks :p

i dunno, i think the sustain nerfs are pretty important but i guess we'll see

i don't pretend to understand new mordekaiser

killatopak

Gold Member
I've played against and with Morde a few times. You pick morde and soraka for example when you have a team comp that has cc. A gragas jungle for example would be a good pick.

I guess that's one weakness when you have Soraka in your team but you can just as easily replace her with Sona or Nami for more aggressiveness.

zkylon

zkylewd
the problem is that the other team can just kite your really easily and that's as far as your dmg goes

if the other team has like lulu or ori or whatever what the hell are you gonna do with morde

killatopak

Gold Member
That's when you rely on your team mates for engaging them and locking them down.

Morde has had the highest win rate in bot lane since his rework. I'm sure many have tried to kite him as a strategy but you can't kite him and kite his team mates as well. Morde has an MS buff to his kit and pair it with a support with an MS buff as well and it makes it harder to kite morde.

I'm not sure if the same could be said when the changes his live.

Please take my comments with a grain of salt though. ADC is my worst role and I don't play morde at all so I just base it when I play with him and from how I analyze his skills.

killatopak

Gold Member
First post still states that he has an absurd win rate around 59% but I do get that statistics doesn't tell the whole story especially with how inaccurate Riot's api is regarding unconventional champs like morde.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Leveling a smurf is so painful. How do people do it?

It really isn't. Unless they nerfed exp gains from 3v3 bots you can do it rather easily while just watching Twitch streams and a couple boosts. Now getting IP for that smurf, that's the shitty part.

Calvero

Banned
I've found that ranked is a lot funner and a lot easier to deal through if you constantly try different champs even throwing in the ones you don't know too well at lower elos.

killatopak

Gold Member
w2izQCt.jpg

Probably one of the most one sided games I've ever played even though we had fucking support yasuo.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Ive played against one of the nastiest yasuos ever. He started E and trolled so hard. It didnt help that udyr fed him so that he still did major damage. I killed him a few time but fuck that.

Fracas

#fuckonami
So I somehow made my college's competitive LoL team. I'm starting ADC and my teammates are all plat and diamond (I'm silver IV haha, though I haven't played ranked in a while). During tryouts a while back we did ranked 5s and our bot lane consistently beat plat and even diamond lanes. Unreal.

I got a lot of work to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom