• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekofrog

Banned
Can anyone explain the benefit of the double jungle start that's becoming really popular in high elo? Is it just because it's so much easier on the jungler? Bc it seems like it handicaps the top laner more than anything but a lot of times the top laners ask for it and stuff idk

i mean

anytime a brutish top laner can start with a dorans blade and 5 pots is a good time for them, it's worth using the tp

jerd

You just buy doran's blade, kill raptors, back and buy pots. Then TP to tower.

Exactly i thought starting a camp was awesome for tops but now everyone on streams does double jungle instead and the enemy laner is even in levels and up in gold. The pots are still a positive sure but in that case just start a camp and get your exp lead too

Clearing a camp lets you start with a strong early game item like Doran shit while also grabbing 5 pots and a pink ward, making it really hard to push you out of lane and/or ganking plus you don't have to deal with level 1 trading

Double jungling offers the same advantages with the addition of making it so top laners that can't clear chickens/wolves fast enough to tp to lane before a normal laner gets level 2 can also enjoy this bullshit while also making a jungler's first clear extremely easier, letting him/her put pressure on the map right away

faridmon

Just played against a Soraka supp for the first time in a while

we got decimated. Bloody hell, For every 100000 million poke we did, that never mattered because the next minute or so, they were back to full health. Her sustain is entirely unbelievable.

Honestly, never thought I would yell at my PC screen so much. Now I can see why she is hated!

Hated that game!

Nekofrog

Banned
jzpcVZe.png

RbhC1HK.png

how does this even happen rofl

killatopak

Gold Member
Extremely late game where comp matters more than gold lead? At the very least they have less CC in their team than yours. I don't know who scales more late game though.

23qwerty

haha what

0lisCM6.png

playing against a plat 4 vayne main and they were diamond last season but only plat 4 this season with over 300 games played? lol

:O

how does that work

Top jungle helps out a lot of top laners that can't do solo camps like Shen. For champs like Riven/Hec it doesn't matter it still the exact same.

For example let say Hec vs Shen and shen does not do double jungle.

Shen goes to lane, Hec does either camp gets level 2. Go backs to base buy full pots red/blues + doran blade vs Shen Doran +1 pot. Not only that but Shen is most likely at level 1 with 2-4 creeps dead (depending on RNG), and Hec is now level 2.

There's no way Shen can trade with hec and he is forever fuck. Not only that but if let say Hec comes back in time to catch 2-3 creeps of EXP now after one wave Shen has 6 minions worth of EXP and Hec has level 2 (off camp +2-3 creeps from first wave) so thus stronger via EXP as well.

Now let revist this match up but Shen double jungle. Now Shen goes back to base level 2 buy full pots and it's an even fair and square top lane minus some RNG on minions meaning someone may be up 1-2 creep worth of EXP.

In order to do double jungle all the top laner has to do is share EXP on the krugs, then take the two small minions at blue, and share exp on actual blue buff.

Both jungler and top laner will end up level 2. Top laner tanks for jungler since he's gonna base and tp back to lane anyways. Now he has full pots and level early level 2, and jungler is still level 2 but with full hp to full clear/ganks.

Tizoc

yeah no,
our trynd top is getting absurdly shit on by the akali though lmao

7 solo kills...

Trynda is a 50-50 against certain champs. Teemo can crap all over him but if the trynda plays smart he could take the blind, get in range of teemo and auto him to death. Otherwise play as safe as possible.

23qwerty

does akali even counter trynd though lmao
can't imagine thats true
i think this trynd is just, really, really bad

kind of apparent from managing to die 9 times in lane

killatopak

Gold Member
Akali is extremely weak pre 6 and gets a very big power spike at 6 but so does trynd so unless trynd played super poorly it'll be very hard for Akali to solo kill him that much.

Leezard

I just had a ranked game against some crazy 97% winrate Draven one trick pony (94% after we won). Probably some sort of smurf since he had no rank in the previous season.

He got ridiculously strong during his laning phase due to Gromp + Fizz lvl 3 dive, but out team comp just demolished their team comp during the midgame.

Teemo can dumpster Tryn in lane. Even if Tryn can stick to him Teemo can probably win a duel outright unless Tryn gets lots of crits. Tryn will start getting back post 6, then just beat Teemo senseless after a few items.

patchday

I felt like doing a quick match this morning so select ARAM. Boy was I wrong that went 44 mins. At least my k/d/a ratio went up a little

And more importantly I am L 25 finally. So now I can do Team Builder. Man I guess folks must buy those XP boosts cause at this rate gonna take me a month or so to hit L30.

rwSOiWc.png

I felt like doing a quick match this morning so select ARAM. Boy was I wrong that went 44 mins. At least my k/d/a ratio went up a little

And more importantly I am L 25 finally. So now I can do Team Builder. Man I guess folks must buy those XP boosts cause at this rate gonna take me a month or so to hit L30.

rwSOiWc.png
Yeah getting to L30 takes forever.
Also I think doing team builder lowers that amount of exp and LP given until you have played it a bunch. I could be wrong though.

patchday

Yeah it's taking a good long while to hit ranked in this game.

So other day I'm baffled how could this jinx player be so terrible. I finally got around to pulling this guy's stats and at best he goes around 1.50 KDA but normally just plain feeds. But it appears he's only L5 :(

Can't believe the matchmaking still pairs me with newbies like that. We tried to give him some constructive criticism too like hide by his tower and ward. But no wonder he never placed any wards he was a brand spanking new noob. We ended having to report him for leaving half way through the match.

Top jungle helps out a lot of top laners that can't do solo camps like Shen. For champs like Riven/Hec it doesn't matter it still the exact same.

For example let say Hec vs Shen and shen does not do double jungle.

Shen goes to lane, Hec does either camp gets level 2. Go backs to base buy full pots red/blues + doran blade vs Shen Doran +1 pot. Not only that but Shen is most likely at level 1 with 2-4 creeps dead (depending on RNG), and Hec is now level 2.

There's no way Shen can trade with hec and he is forever fuck. Not only that but if let say Hec comes back in time to catch 2-3 creeps of EXP now after one wave Shen has 6 minions worth of EXP and Hec has level 2 (off camp +2-3 creeps from first wave) so thus stronger via EXP as well.

Now let revist this match up but Shen double jungle. Now Shen goes back to base level 2 buy full pots and it's an even fair and square top lane minus some RNG on minions meaning someone may be up 1-2 creep worth of EXP.

In order to do double jungle all the top laner has to do is share EXP on the krugs, then take the two small minions at blue, and share exp on actual blue buff.

Both jungler and top laner will end up level 2. Top laner tanks for jungler since he's gonna base and tp back to lane anyways. Now he has full pots and level early level 2, and jungler is still level 2 but with full hp to full clear/ganks.
*takes notes*

makes good sense. impressive.

patchday

I need to practice this double jungle thing and watch a video. I tried to solo the raptors on Irelia (solo custom match) and died. Was running flash + tp.

Funny thing is I do the solo jungling thing plenty as Pantheon or Vi but with smite ofc. My last match as jungler for ex.

I need to practice this double jungle thing and watch a video. I tried to solo the raptors on Irelia (solo custom match) and died. Was running flash + tp.

Funny thing is I do the solo jungling thing plenty as Pantheon or Vi but with smite ofc. My last match as jungler for ex.

If you find some good vids, please post them. I need to see some.

killatopak

Gold Member
I find that people only do double jungle in high elo because most of the time either the jungler or the top laner doesn't know how to double jungle. In plat, there's like nobody using it. Solo raptors/wolves is more prevalent.

A few notes on trying to do the solo raptor and wolves.
- When doing raptors, kill the small ones first.
- When doing wolves, kill the big one first.
- If you're below level 30, it may be possible that you can't do the solo raptop/wolves unless you chug a potion. This is because you don't have a complete mastery/runes yet.

--
Edit: Are you guys already at patch 5.17? Did they do the limited border thing for the project skins?

Leezard

I find that people only do double jungle in high elo because most of the time either the jungler or the top laner doesn't know how to double jungle. In plat, there's like nobody using it. Solo raptors/wolves is more prevalent.

A few notes on trying to do the solo raptor and wolves.
- When doing raptors, kill the small ones first.
- When doing wolves, kill the big one first.
- If you're below level 30, it may be possible that you can't do the solo raptop/wolves unless you chug a potion. This is because you don't have a complete mastery/runes yet.

--
Edit: Are you guys already at patch 5.17? Did they do the limited border thing for the project skins?
The project skins aren't out yet, but yes we are on 5.17

Was in promotions last night and lost. 2 of 3....won next game to put me back in, then lost next game. Of these games, I had:

1) A Fizz who yelled at everyone to play it safe, then 20 seconds later (no exaggeration) chased 2 champions by himself down the dragon river, with 2 other enemy champs on map behind him following him down. It was the perfect pincer sandwich he put himself into. Then he died and said "team". I don't even know what that means. In fantasy world, it means "I'm sorry, team. That was dumb of me" but instead I think it meant "where the hell were you guys who were nowhere even near when I engaged for no reason?"

2) Different game. Pantheon top (my team) against Darius (their team). Before minions spawned, he was cracking light jokes, poking at their Darius a bit that "you forgot to ban a counter to Darius" which slid a bit into slight shit talking that he was about to steam roll Darius. Minions spawned, they engaged up top, and Pantheon got rocked in seconds. Pantheon fumed, then died a couple more times before rage quitting near the 4-5 minute mark. Darius refused to tell him how he hit level 2 in the middle of their fight, which led to Pantheon raging even harder. He actually claimed before he left that Darius was "haxxing" or whatever. We were cool with Darius though, so after Pantheon left he told us his bleed accidentally killed golem jungle camp right as he was in middle of fight with Pantheon. He popped level 2, slaughtered, then Pantheon never came back.

Gotta love League of Legends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom