• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

I find that people only do double jungle in high elo because most of the time either the jungler or the top laner doesn't know how to double jungle. In plat, there's like nobody using it. Solo raptors/wolves is more prevalent.

A few notes on trying to do the solo raptor and wolves.
- When doing raptors, kill the small ones first.
- When doing wolves, kill the big one first.
- If you're below level 30, it may be possible that you can't do the solo raptop/wolves unless you chug a potion. This is because you don't have a complete mastery/runes yet.

Good point. As soon as I popped L20 and switch to Tier 3 runes I noticed jungling got way easier. That's a possibility. I'll try this again

Was in promotions last night and lost. 2 of 3....won next game to put me back in, then lost next game. Of these games, I had:

1) A Fizz who yelled at everyone to play it safe, then 20 seconds later (no exaggeration) chased 2 champions by himself down the dragon river, with 2 other enemy champs on map behind him following him down. It was the perfect pincer sandwich he put himself into. Then he died and said "team". I don't even know what that means. In fantasy world, it means "I'm sorry, team. That was dumb of me" but instead I think it meant "where the hell were you guys who were nowhere even near when I engaged for no reason?"

2) Different game. Pantheon top (my team) against Darius (their team). Before minions spawned, he was cracking light jokes, poking at their Darius a bit that "you forgot to ban a counter to Darius" which slid a bit into slight shit talking that he was about to steam roll Darius. Minions spawned, they engaged up top, and Pantheon got rocked in seconds. Pantheon fumed, then died a couple more times before rage quitting near the 4-5 minute mark. Darius refused to tell him how he hit level 2 in the middle of their fight, which led to Pantheon raging even harder. He actually claimed before he left that Darius was "haxxing" or whatever. We were cool with Darius though, so after Pantheon left he told us his bleed accidentally killed golem jungle camp right as he was in middle of fight with Pantheon. He popped level 2, slaughtered, then Pantheon never came back.

Gotta love League of Legends.

Awesome stories. Yeah I like bringing pantheon into the jungle and using his ultimate to get around the map. He plays good up top too but I never tried going up against Darius/Garen with him tho. Might be a tough match up

We had a terrible mid veigar, but our cait and quinn carried and soraka healed us best she could.
http://matchhistory.eune.leagueofle...etails/EUN1/1239699254/205390904?tab=overview
Nothing stops this Skarner train.

Good to see someone using Quinn. I fear I wasted RP on buying the skin for Quinn. I rarely get to use her. I can almost always think of another champ to use that would be more effective. But she is fun to play

patchday

oh snap, just fired up my first Team builder match :)

No fussing over Top/Mid/Adc lane.... Looking good so far. So many battles get lost right in the lobby lol

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Especially when you're support. You get to pick and choose which teams you want since you get near instant queues. Those Yasuos think, "finally, a glorious support player has joined and I can finally play!."

And then I crush his hopes 4Head

drawkcaB

Especially when you're support. You get to pick and choose which teams you want since you get near instant queues. Those Yasuos think, "finally, a glorious support player has joined and I can finally play!."

Yep, such a great feeling.

kenbo

Damn ghost you shut down that gnar hard.
Edit: I am an idiot :/

How is lulu mid and top lane she seems fun to play?

My friends and I did double jungle and lane swap and it really good. The ads and support push in the top lane then we four man tower dive top or kill the jungler at his camp. Then I tp bot lane with pots and a item and 1v2. I think double jg is good if you can get your teammates to corporate. Also your adc and support and usually take an early tower.

Exactly i thought starting a camp was awesome for tops but now everyone on streams does double jungle instead and the enemy laner is even in levels and up in gold. The pots are still a positive sure but in that case just start a camp and get your exp lead too

I hope this trickles down solo Q

Its amazing how solo q hasn't changed since early season 2 when competitive has moved on several times

Its amazing how solo q hasn't changed since early season 2 when competitive has moved on several times
Yeah the competitive play compared to the regural play is a lot different, competitive play varies from region to region. Doing a lot of the things then do in LCS is hard mostly because of communication. I don't think any of that lane swapping or stuff like that will happen is solo q. People have a hard enough time picking champs to fit in there team comps.

patchday

[edit] Blitzcrank mid?! in teambuilder some guy is using blitz

Team Builder
,as long as you instantly dodge lobbies w/ Yasuos and top lane Rengars,
is the best thing about League.

Yep, such a great feeling.

Ah excellent tip! Cause i just lost that match and we had a Yasuo. Will start dodging :)

jerd

Most tops can already start a camp no problem. Gives you a huge upper hand in lane. Olaf practically gets a free forced flash/first blood if your opponent isn't careful bc he clears the camp so fast and is just a brute at level 2

patchday

Nice, I can dodge TeamBuilder matches with no penalty. So dodged out that Blitz mid troll

So disappointed in my performance with Leona. Ever since I've hit rank 2 with her it's been straight losses. Her mobility is so slow. And I keep getting frakking Blitzcrank everytime I try to play her. I see why most might prefer draft because at least there I'd make sure not to pick Leona if I'm up against Blitz. Got no idea what to do bout him (Blitzcrank vs Leona)

Why oh why is Team Builder locked at 25? That makes absolutely no sense to me. You go into blind pick and people call a roll, but most of the time you have someone autolock whatever they want, and it usually doesn't make sense, and refuse to cooperate. Why do you have to subject yourself to that until you get to 25?

Seriously, what is the point of blind pick? It's just a gimped team builder. I do not understand.

patchday

someone was telling me in teambuilder lobby that it used to be available at L5 but it was removed? My guess it's because nooblets dont learn roles.

But they should at least open it at L20

I like TeamBuilder but I miss being able to ban shatty heroes like Blitz and Yasuo. so just went back to draft already lol

(Plus people still dumb at L25. I was silly and didnt dodge this lobby that had Ahri on bottom in teambuilder)

Newt

Why oh why is Team Builder locked at 25? That makes absolutely no sense to me. You go into blind pick and people call a roll, but most of the time you have someone autolock whatever they want, and it usually doesn't make sense, and refuse to cooperate. Why do you have to subject yourself to that until you get to 25?

Seriously, what is the point of blind pick? It's just a gimped team builder. I do not understand.
Used to be availiable at level 5.

Team builder is probably too intimidating for new players to phase out blind pick completely, but level 25 is wayyy too high a requirement. That's like over 150 games played, people will understand the game to some capacity way before that.

someone was telling me in teambuilder lobby that it used to be available at L5 but it was removed? My guess it's because nooblets dont learn roles.

Team builder is probably too intimidating for new players to phase out blind pick completely, but level 25 is wayyy too high a requirement. That's like over 150 games played, people will understand the game to some capacity way before that.

I think the design of this game is pretty contradicting. The players and developers are at odds here. The 'meta' seems to be the only real way to play the game, so then why are people allowed to be 'dumb' and make these kinds of mistakes? If the game is meant to be played a certain way, then teambuilder should be the standard, and certain champs should be locked to those roles in that mode.

From what I've seen in the relatively short time playing this game, it seems like a mess. It can be fun, but there's a ton of room for improvement.

patchday

(Teambuilder) Earlier just saw an Urgot as adc. I forget what the awful teambuilder lobby looked like before that one. Dodged both

Now we're actually waiting on an adc!! I would've thought there was a long line of adc

Newt

That feel when you see someone lock Rengar in on the enemy team.
fd1f5d37bbc12019d79a92f93a30d7d3.jpg

(Teambuilder) Earlier just saw an Urgot as adc. I forget what the awful teambuilder lobby looked like before that one. Dodged both

Now we're actually waiting on an adc!! I would've thought there was a long line of adc
ADC is only slightly more popular than support.

patchday

Finally won a teambuilder match. The quality of competition has been very great. Right around my level. It is much harder to get wins since all the competition is L25+.

Bad news is it took like 15 mins to build that team lol (maybe not that long but it felt like it although i was afk anyways)

jerd

I think the design of this game is pretty contradicting. The players and developers are at odds here. The 'meta' seems to be the only real way to play the game, so then why are people allowed to be 'dumb' and make these kinds of mistakes? If the game is meant to be played a certain way, then teambuilder should be the standard, and certain champs should be locked to those roles in that mode.

From what I've seen in the relatively short time playing this game, it seems like a mess. It can be fun, but there's a ton of room for improvement.

Couldn't be more false. In fact for the majority of the playerbase the meta is far more of a hindrance than anything. People emulate the pros and that is what determines popular picks for the most part. Don't fall for the idea that there are only 4-5 viable picks for each role because its total bullshit. There are probably 5-10 champs at most in the game that arent worth your time. Bottom line is if you play your role well and outplay your opponent you're probably gonna win your lane and have a positive win rate. Sure some picks are stronger than others but that's going to be the case regardless.

Unlesa you just mean the 1-1-1-2 setup in which case yeah you're stuck with that

Tizoc

Good to see someone using Quinn. I fear I wasted RP on buying the skin for Quinn. I rarely get to use her. I can almost always think of another champ to use that would be more effective. But she is fun to play

Top Quinn went against Rengar, even if it was against Xin Zhao she would've had an advantage due to her Q blind.

So far here are the champs I plan on using in ranked
Top: Trundle
Mid: Karma
ADC: Trista, Jinx or Kog
Jungle: Skarner or Sejuani
Supp: Zyra or Sona

Couldn't be more false. In fact for the majority of the playerbase the meta is far more of a hindrance than anything. People emulate the pros and that is what determines popular picks for the most part. Don't fall for the idea that there are only 4-5 viable picks for each role because its total bullshit. There are probably 5-10 champs at most in the game that arent worth your time. Bottom line is if you play your role well and outplay your opponent you're probably gonna win your lane and have a positive win rate. Sure some picks are stronger than others but that's going to be the case regardless.

Unlesa you just mean the 1-1-1-2 setup in which case yeah you're stuck with that
nah the hinderance of the player base is that everyone u play with is shit while the other team is comprised of 5 masters smurfs.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Top Quinn went against Rengar, even if it was against Xin Zhao she would've had an advantage due to her Q blind.

So far here are the champs I plan on using in ranked
Top: Trundle
Mid: Karma
ADC: Trista, Jinx or Kog
Jungle: Skarner or Sejuani
Supp: Zyra or Sona
it doesn't really matter, because it's important to just play what you want/like, but trundle is awful top, karma is bad mid, and your support pool is awful.

Tizoc

it doesn't really matter, because it's important to just play what you want/like, but trundle is awful top, karma is bad mid, and your support pool is awful.

I got Lulu too :V Really though my mid play would just be to farm and keep my turret from falling.
Top Trundle can sustain himself due to his passive, plus i farm at my turret mainly and long as I'm careful and get ganks fine I can get through just fine.

His pool is more than he needs for EUNE silver.

Pretty much this. I'm living Silver Hell thug lyfe. You do what you can to survive.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Top Trundle can sustain himself due to his passive, plus i farm at my turret mainly and long as I'm careful and get ganks fine I can get through just fine.
It's just bad. It doesn't scale anywhere. It doesn't really benefit from the teleport meta. And for supports its just that you have zero tanks in your lineup. It's true that you can literally get away with playing most anything across a wide range of Elo, but if your pool is so weak it speaks to deeper problems, and you can't even manipulate your team comp to something that works when you need to.

patchday

Well, at least at my level, you can tryout weird stuff like this match where we ran 2 adcs in bot lane. It was something decided in the lobby chat. Both of us wanted to be adc. other guy said he really didnt wanna be support and I said hell I cant force ya to be my biatch so go with what you like and he did :)

zkylon

zkylewd
i really think my champ pool is pathetic right now haha

im like

top: lulu and no one else
adc: no one, i guess i can pick corki and do alright but i never ever play adc
supp: mostly thresh and lulu, and some nami. basically the ones i like most, but i dont ever play support anymore anyways
mid: id say ori and ahri i guess, but i dont even feel too comfortable on them either. maybe syndra. i dont like my leblanc anymore or my lissandra and i gave up on azir after the nerfs. viktor i always had a pretty dodgy winrate even if i did ok, but i dont play him all that much either. i'd rather ban him and play someone more fun

this is what not playing much league does to you haha

jerd

I pretty much just play ekko, noct, and vi if i can help it. If i have to go to a lane i just pick for comp more or less since I'm basically garbage with everyone

Ferga

Top laner goes to double jungle.

My vayne decides to hold top (I have no fucking idea why) while I try to 1v2 bot lane as blitz support.

Vayne even goes down by 20cs in a 1v1 with irelia too.

Vayne realises she can't cs so she comes back to bot to 3 man the lane when me and shen are doing alright.

So now we have an irelia with 100cs more than vayne wrecking the game.

This vayne is running some intense strats to be as underfarmed as you possibly can.

I'm not saying that's the truth, but that seems to be the mindset of so many. That's why I'm saying there's a rift between intended gameplay and what other players expect of you. I love the idea of going against the meta, I just don't want people grabbing whatever and autolocking in blind pick. That's the big problem here, blind pick kinda sucks to start with. I played team builder before they changed the rule, and that worked so much better.

MaxiLive

I've not been playing much recently but I noticed not much Naut support was happening bot lane so decided to give it a go again. Two S+ games and one S later.... yeah he seems kinda strong :p

Such a brute in the mid game team fights vs a Thresh or someone who relies mainly on picks. He is a bit simple though and easy to kite, luckily at my elo no one ever does :D

Nekofrog

Banned

i was lagging so bad that game :(

if I didnt have 200+ ping for some reason that game I'd have had a better score

just noticed that Kayle and I have the same score, but I have more CS. does the jungle item really make that big a diff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom