• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Just in case you're interested, Zeronis is doing NSFW+ stuff now

it's uhhh.

1366742611679s.jpg

PM them to me
Please

How do I play Eveylnn? How do I build her, adc or ap or tank?

I played her in practice game as an ap top. I loved the dmg output you had on her, but it wasn't really that bursty. More like hit them for two mins and hope they aren't stupid to stick around. I heard that runeglave on her is meant to be good so I might have to pick it up.

Also shyvana with devourer is just disgusting right now. Last game she had 30 stacks withing 20 mins. 0_0

Ferga

SO a guy picks morde adc, runs up at level 1 to die to kalista and kennen autos then does it again 2 more times and afks

Fuckin hilarious.

Blame me (soraka) for his deaths because I'm not doing damage.

killatopak

Gold Member
Just invade Shyv early or force the laning phase to end early so she can't stack.

--

Just won a game where enemy team comp was Yasuo, Hecarim, Malphite, Nautilus and Lucian. Damn what a fine comp but they didn't execute well so we won anyway. In fact, I was pretty much in dire straits because I laned against a malph who stacked armor and was camped by hecarim almost exclusively. This gave my team a breathing room and dominated their lanes allowing us to cheese the game.

Edit: Oh and yeah I used riven so it was pretty painful once he bought glacial shroud. I was pretty much forced to buy LS first.

CertainlyT said:
The present plan is for MF's changes to come out with the pre-season (so after Worlds), as they require particle updates to her base and skins.

Not to get everyone too excited, but we are also having to do a lot of performance testing to ensure that the number of bullets her ult fires at level 16 doesn't destroy min spec computers.
Sounds like MF is gonna turn into a Touhou character

garath

How do I play Eveylnn? How do I build her, adc or ap or tank?

I played her in practice game as an ap top. I loved the dmg output you had on her, but it wasn't really that bursty. More like hit them for two mins and hope they aren't stupid to stick around. I heard that runeglave on her is meant to be good so I might have to pick it up.

Also shyvana with devourer is just disgusting right now. Last game she had 30 stacks withing 20 mins. 0_0

She's a jungler. She's actually pretty flexible in terms of build path. My favorite currently is to build runeglaive into rylias then a frozen heart. From there its generally tank. Depends on the teams. I like abyssal as a situational item too if you have another AP on the team and are facing some heavy AP.

killatopak

Gold Member
Wow. Gratz man. You are on a tear!
Thank you! I was actually super satisfied with gold but I was always asked for a duo by my friend. I can't turn him down since he's my neighbor and my cousin as well. One way or the other I reached plat and said fuck it I'll go as high as I can since Worlds is close just to challenge myself.
Urgh you make me want to use Rene Top @_@

I had in aram once. I went Brut>Hydra (lifesteal) then tanked up. I did respectable damage but what runes do you use?

I did build Hydra and brut on Renek earlier on when Brut was a component of Black Cleaver and when Hydra was the only thing that can reset his W auto. Now that Titanic exists, it's more efficient on him due to his ult.

Renek basically bullies early game and just turns into a tank mid game.

When I'm ahead I go - Titanic Hyrdra to Black Cleaver to tank items.
If I'm behind - I go double doran blade and single shield then go tank.

My runes are:
6 CDR per level
3 MR per level
3 AD Quints
9 AD marks
9 Armor seals.

That's my basic AD rune page. That's actually my only AD Rune page and it fits in my 40% CDR builds with Riven, Irelia and Renek.

In my last promo game, I was actually the one being bullied. I was behind Swain the whole game. My main role was to Ignite Swain and proceed to dive the back line or peel for our carries if WW ults them.

Renekton thrives in melee combat. Don't pick him if the enemy laner is a ranged champ like Ryze. He really fucks up Teemo though especially post level 3.

Edit: Oh yeah don't ever build full offensive on renek. He falls off hard offensively mid to late game though he can still 1 combo carries as long as he can land them all empowered.

killatopak

Gold Member
Alright. They're selling Project icons in a bundle as well as the ward for a very low low price of $3. Gonna use badass Leona.

killatopak

Gold Member
Not yet in my region.

There was a raffle for the skins earlier today and they promised to give the prize 2 to 3 days from now so I'm guessing it won't be long now. We're only just receiving the 5.17 a few hours later so maybe by tomorrow they'll sell them as well.

We are still in the super duper unpatched, not hotfixed OP juggernaut release patch. 5.16. </3

Not yet in my region.

There was a raffle for the skins earlier today and they promised to give the prize 2 to 3 days from now so I'm guessing it won't be long now. We're only just receiving the 5.17 a few hours later so maybe by tomorrow they'll sell them as well.

We are still in the super duper unpatched, not hotfixed OP juggernaut release patch. 5.16. </3
You guys didn't get the hotfix? Not that the hotfix changed anything but what the fuck

Leezard

Not yet in my region.

So Darius is bad in your patch? If he is good then you are post-hotfix.

Some regions got the hotfix baked in to the 5.16 patch since they got a late 5.16 patch. China did at least.

Tizoc

Thank you! I was actually super satisfied with gold but I was always asked for a duo by my friend. I can't turn him down since he's my neighbor and my cousin as well. One way or the other I reached plat and said fuck it I'll go as high as I can since Worlds is close just to challenge myself.

I did build Hydra and brut on Renek earlier on when Brut was a component of Black Cleaver and when Hydra was the only thing that can reset his W auto. Now that Titanic exists, it's more efficient on him due to his ult.

Renek basically bullies early game and just turns into a tank mid game.

When I'm ahead I go - Titanic Hyrdra to Black Cleaver to tank items.
If I'm behind - I go double doran blade and single shield then go tank.

My runes are:
6 CDR per level
3 MR per level
3 AD Quints
9 AD marks
9 Armor seals.

That's my basic AD rune page. That's actually my only AD Rune page and it fits in my 40% CDR builds with Riven, Irelia and Renek.

In my last promo game, I was actually the one being bullied. I was behind Swain the whole game. My main role was to Ignite Swain and proceed to dive the back line or peel for our carries if WW ults them.

Renekton thrives in melee combat. Don't pick him if the enemy laner is a ranged champ like Ryze. He really fucks up Teemo though especially post level 3.

Edit: Oh yeah don't ever build full offensive on renek. He falls off hard offensively mid to late game though he can still 1 combo carries as long as he can land them all empowered.

Thanks, I personally would go straight up for the initial 15% cooldown blues since he has no mana, but the AD reds and quints are def. mainstays.
If anything I could go Brut. as first item if I have the gold, finish Hydra, then sell off Brut for a Black Cleaver. Now yes that is rather time consuming but that 10 armor pen hurts like a mofo early game :p Will try out your build though, I recall reading here how Rene was pretty weak some patches ago.

killatopak

Gold Member
I kinda feel that Darius is a bit strong. Though I'm not sure if it's just anecdotal since I just fought him once. You're probably right that they baked the hot fix into the patch.

We were around a week and a few days late to the patch and if the hot fix happened a week within release then they may have baked it into ours.
Thanks, I personally would go straight up for the initial 15% cooldown blues since he has no mana, but the AD reds and quints are def. mainstays.
If anything I could go Brut. as first item if I have the gold, finish Hydra, then sell off Brut for a Black Cleaver. Now yes that is rather time consuming but that 10 armor pen hurts like a mofo early game :p Will try out your build though, I recall reading here how Rene was pretty weak some patches ago.
There are certain match ups that he's weak against and you have to play defensively the first few levels but if you're laning with a melee then you're more likely to win trades because he specialized in dealing damage while not letting the enemy trade.

AD Quints and reds can be replaced with Armor pen since it's more effective around level 7ish. I just use pure AD quints and reds because it helps me cs.

Oh and my masteries are 9/21/0.

If you're gonna invest a lot in Renekton, I recommend watching SoloRenektonOnly vids on youtube. It helped me learn how the basic combos and match ups goes. Though I don't think he uploads any videos anymore, it still helps immensely in how to deal with match ups and certain Item builds.

Feebastic

As is I'm not feeling all that sad for losing my recent 2 Ranked matches, if anything I need to learn from them how to better engage and fight as Supp Zyra.
I should prob. start going Jungle Skarner if I'm first pick too :p

Report.

As Zyra you generally do more counter-engaging than engaging - having the enemy jump at you and then spreading havoc with your snare and ult is a lot more effective than attempting to run at the enemy with your slow-ass movespeed and delayed cast times. You can also follow up really well on a teammate's engage, like a Malphite or Hecarim ult.

In teamfights you wanna be way in the back - you have zero mobility and are probably even squishier than your adc. If your adc is fed and doing big damage, maybe save your e to peel for them rather than throwing it out right away - you can use your support item (Frost Queen's Claim/ Nomad's Medallion) to do the same. Both those items can be used to initiate an engage as well - FQC can catch out an enemy squishy and Medallion can speed up your main engage champ to get them into effective range.

Newt

Nice, Dunkey got banned. Always hated that shitter.

Now all they got to do is ban The Rain Man, and I'm good.

jerd

Looks like the new champ may actually be the one from that concept

which is kinda weird bc it means riot either really cranked it out or already had a similar champ in the works

may be named kindred

zkylon

zkylewd
Looks like the new champ may actually be the one from that concept

which is kinda weird bc it means riot either really cranked it out or already had a similar champ in the works

may be named kindred
i like these ghibli champions

hope it's a mid

jerd

"give us monster female we want monster female!

that's not a female..."

In other news support rengar starts game 10/2, can't figure out why he can't carry his no cc team with his 30 farm

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean, reksai is genderless because like brutish monster thing is like associated with men by default

but no matter the gender she has no personality so yeah...

i'd like to see a new girl mage tho

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
"give us monster female we want monster female!
I think it's more like...Rek'sai has less personality than some of the jungle spawns on the map. She doesn't even really register as a character for me. Has nothing to do with gender.

clemenx

Banned
Wat at this aram I just won. I don't get how Sion did more damage than Jinx and I (Twitch)

http://matchhistory.lan.leagueoflegends.com/es/#match-details/LA1/201430956/200458929?tab=overview

I knew I didn't did the most because I mostly focused in bursting Vel or Anivia (their ultis were wrecking us) and then died, that's why I had the most kills.

This was a rare aram game where both comps were great for aram. Wish more games were like it as it was very fun. It's generally a good aram team vs one that's not.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think it's more like...Rek'sai has less personality than some of the jungle spawns on the map. She doesn't even really register as a character for me. Has nothing to do with gender.
yea like the whole shark fin thing is pretty cool but outside of that her design doesn't do much in like animation or like shape and color, and it's worse because she doesn't talk so she's just like a random growly monster that you could really confuse for like a jungle creep or whatever

no personality whatsoever, it's sad

clemenx

Banned
I mean I like that lol has something for everyone. There's people that simply like playing as a lurking menacing monster from the void that hunts stuff. Not everyone has to have some quirky personality or motives. I quite like her design, including the growling or whatever.

I don't agree with randomly saying that she's a female but whatever. Just saying that she was the queen of her species would have been enough. It was a bit weird how they highlighted that she was female when she came out.

zkylon

zkylewd
i disagree, i think every champion needs a strong personality with like recognizeable traits and fun things for ppl to riff off

like, compare reksai to chogath or something

i think they had something with the fin thing, and i like it that they did a monster girl thing cos it led to fun shipping stuff with cho and crap, but like, she should've gotten voice acting

tbh i feel every champion needs voice acting, i don't think bard is better for not having it and i don't think reksai is either

i like that they're open to not having vo but cmon, it's potentially a big part of the fun of a champion you're taking out entirely, so it better be for a damn good reason and they really didn't have one for reksai. on bard it's kind of ok cos his visuals are really striking themselves and the sound kind of works ok what with the chimes and meeps and crap

reksai is just loud and annoying imo

garath

It sucks because I like the variety of playing lots of different champs but honestly playing just a small pool really is the path to success in terms of climbing the ladder. I've been spamming khazix games and have found more success that way. I'm noticeably playing the champ better and it allows me to concentrate more on the strategic game and win more pure mechanical situations.

I used to try and play the matchup but that just doesn't have as much weight in low gold.

zkylon

zkylewd
It sucks because I like the variety of playing lots of different champs but honestly playing just a small pool really is the path to success in terms of climbing the ladder. I've been spamming khazix games and have found more success that way. I'm noticeably playing the champ better and it allows me to concentrate more on the strategic game and win more pure mechanical situations.

I used to try and play the matchup but that just doesn't have as much weight in low gold.

u need a new avatar

you have been using the same thing for like 2 years now

it's time for a change

also i hate jerd's avatar and will probably get to fixing its transparency one of these days. u wanted a malph or soraka one, rite? i'll do u a raka i think

it's avatar season, avatars for everyone!

Leezard

Yup, that's how it is. It will always be easier to be good at a couple of champs rather than mediocre on loads of them.

What's a good rune setup for rengar? I just faced a platinum V smurf with rengar and he had ad red, armor yellow, blue magic resist and atk speed quint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom