• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

killatopak

Gold Member
They did say that the skill gap from Diamond V to Diamond I is greater than Bronze to Diamond V. I imagine going up tiers in Diamond would be harder overall.

patchday

Yi was never gonna be on sale since legendaries never get discounts
The 1350 skins will have a 975 price for a week starting next week.

thanks. huh Fiora not for sale or something yet it seems

edit- Store just frakked I couldnt buy her proj skin even if I wanted

Fracas

#fuckonami
Was doing ranked 5s and our team's internet connections all died simultaneously. Ping wasn't huge (around 120) but we had persistent DCs and packet loss. Almost feels like we got DDOSed. Can't even connect to servers anymore. wtf

Newt

They did say that the skill gap from Diamond V to Diamond I is greater than Bronze to Diamond V. I imagine going up tiers in Diamond would be harder overall.
Dunno, last season I went from Diamond V to Diamond II. There was definitely a difference between DIII to DII, but hardly a difference from DV to DIII.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I'm surprised you haven't gone above D5 with the way you play. How much LP do you lose after a defeat?

I carried his noob butt all the way to Diamond but I stopped playing so now he's trapped in ELO hell.
lmmLVRO.png

patchday

Mercy is a luxury for this botlane.

I spectated you a bit last night as you played with Draven. And watched the beginning of another match with Kalista + Kenny as your sidekick/supp. Never seen him in any of my games. Wish I could've watched the whole match :(

Bacon

rito delayed the sale so instead you can pay full price now for some decals on your loading portrait

I wish they just gave the option to pay full price and get the dumbass portrait or pay the discount and get the skins in the first week instead of the way they are doing it, but I'm sure they are going to make a shitload of money doing it this way.

Zukuu

Banned
So I've been on hiatus before the new map-redesign came out, so I was out quite a few changes. Is there a way I can catch up before going in cold? Mainly interested in everything surrounding the jungle and new champions.

23qwerty

So I've been on hiatus before the new map-redesign came out, so I was out quite a few changes. Is there a way I can catch up before going in cold? Mainly interested in everything surrounding the jungle and new champions.

That is a tall damn order

Zukuu

Banned
That is a tall damn order

I mean like, videos detailing jungle changes or something. I have no clue. I just watched a video and there were fucking turtles on the rivers.

Glad seeing Pantheon is still doing good in jungle from what I gathered. Jarvan fell off, tho. My most played jungle champs.

Bacon

Definitely gonna cop the bundle when they actually put it on sale next week. The style is right up my alley, I love it.

kenbo

I mean like, videos detailing jungle changes or something. I have no clue. I just watched a video and there were fucking turtles on the rivers.

Glad seeing Pantheon is still doing good in jungle from what I gathered. Jarvan fell off, tho. My most played jungle champs.

Major thing for jungle:
scuttle crab (river turtle) runs away from you, kill him to place a speed/vision zone infront of dragon/baron

new smites! your smite changes depending on the jungle weapon you buy and some can be used on champions. theres slowing, auto attacking and farming based smites.

smite can have 2 charges

jungle item is only available to those with smite

dragon no longer gives you global gold gives you minor team buffs with a super strong effect when you kill dragon 5 times
baron no longer regenerates hp and instead makes ur nearby minions stronger

theres several new items

ryze, gp, fiora, skarner, morde, garen, darius, ashe, zilean, trist have been reworked

there were several new champs

new ui please turn on mana costs

Zukuu

Banned
Major thing for jungle:
scuttle crab (river turtle) runs away from you, kill him to place a speed/vision zone infront of dragon/baron

new smites! your smite changes depending on the jungle weapon you buy and some can be used on champions. theres slowing, auto attacking and farming based smites.

smite can have 2 charges

jungle item is only available to those with smite

dragon no longer gives you global gold gives you minor team buffs with a super strong effect when you kill dragon 5 times
baron no longer regenerates hp and instead makes ur nearby minions stronger

theres several new items

ryze, gp, fiora, skarner, morde, garen, darius, ashe, zilean, trist have been reworked

there were several new champs

new ui please turn on mana costs
Cheers.

Quite a few to get through, I will make sure to read about everything before I actually join a match. There seems to be some new mastery changes as well (at least one: Adaptive something). Also need to see the new items, so I can make a new preset.

Starting golems is now also a thing. I assume jungle invasions aren't very common the moment?

Has anyone from GAF ever hit Challenger?

I have a friend who made it for 2 weeks during season 3. I didn't even know he played league. I ran into him at a party gave me his name I added him and was like"WTF you're diamond 1?" Eventually he got it but now he's like Diamond 4/5. I don't know if he just stop trying or he just never adapted and got better.

Really? I thought he had the best recall out of the project skins and his effects are pretty cool too. Leona is the most lackluster but I love Leona so I bought it anyway.

I don't know I just don't like the way he looks lol.

Tizoc

I couldn't resist, as I had all thos echamps I ended up getting all of them @_@
On the plus side I can ban Zed, Yi, Leona or Fiora this way XP

Edwardo

I mean I like that lol has something for everyone. There's people that simply like playing as a lurking menacing monster from the void that hunts stuff. Not everyone has to have some quirky personality or motives. I quite like her design, including the growling or whatever.

I don't agree with randomly saying that she's a female but whatever. Just saying that she was the queen of her species would have been enough. It was a bit weird how they highlighted that she was female when she came out.

Ya I kind of agree with this.

I really don't care about the champions personalities or even their back-stories though. It's cool and fun to read once in a while, but it's not what keeps me playing the game.

Has anyone from GAF ever hit Challenger?

One of my buddies that I used to play dota with started playing league this season and hit master. That's the highest I know of. Nobody from here tho.

Has top always been the home of the worst League players? Or is that a recent occurrence? I swear my last 5 games has been nothing but arrogant, single-minded players that don't know how to team fight. Just lost promos....again...because Olaf was trying to 1v1 a Jax who was 5/0/5. Olaf had 0 kills at this point. Olaf said "I can beat him." Then continued to die. I just....I don't...I...just...brain...melting....out...of....ears

Has top always been the home of the worst League players? Or is that a recent occurrence? I swear my last 5 games has been nothing but arrogant, single-minded players that don't know how to team fight. Just lost promos....again...because Olaf was trying to 1v1 a Jax who was 5/0/5. Olaf had 0 kills at this point. Olaf said "I can beat him." Then continued to die. I just....I don't...I...just...brain...melting....out...of....ears

It just this meta has a lot of carry champs top so whoever falls behind is going to be absolutely useless. In tank meta you could be 0-2 in lane but still can have a lot of room for out plays mid/late game. With better initiation, or peel. Now it's just whoever gets the lead gets to delete the other team carries faster.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Played Corki for the first time wow. This is like babies first ADC so simple and effective.

Tizoc

Because attack move is hardly precise. I mean, it's good for farming or single target fights, definitely don't want to always use it.

It wsa more than than actually; the Lucian player utilized the mobility bonuses he got and ran circles around us while damaging my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom