• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenbo

NeuroCat said:
Instant feedback updates land on PBE

Hey all,

We’ve shipped out a suite of new features on the PBE. Earlier this year, we tipped our hand on what’s in today’s release, so skim that post for the big ideas. It all boils down to upgrades to instant feedback, League’s automated system for detecting, punishing, and (one day) rewarding certain behaviors in League:

In-client reform cards

Until now, reform cards were sent via email to offending players. Now they’ll appear in-client, delivering context on the punishment and displaying the chat log that triggered the punishment. Pushing reform cards into the client ensures players receive the information they need to understand the punishment and change their behavior for the better. Since the vast majority of you won’t ever receive a reform card, here’s what one looks like:

http://imgur.com/JuB4tgx

Chat restrictions

Instant feedback began with two-week and permanent bans because the negative behaviors spurring them (homophobia, racism, sexism, death threats, and excessive verbal abuse) are both overwhelmingly rejected by the community and hard to mistake. After crunching several million games worth of data over the last few months, the instant feedback system’s now ready to help reform more mild, but persistent negative behaviors with chat restrictions.

Intentional feeding bans

Intentional feeders ruin games, so the behavior nets players two-week bans, and can escalate to permanent bans if it continues. Through a ton of in-game metrics, chat logs, and even historical play patterns, we ensured the system understands the difference between intentional feeding and being crushed by a Riven main in solo queue. You shouldn’t need to worry about just having a bad game.

Like with all new feature launches, the whole player behavior team will hand-review the first few thousand cases to make sure everything’s working right.
sweet

http://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.c...PtffcGAV-instant-feedback-updates-land-on-pbe

Is it bad manners that my ranked duo and I bought each other's favorite champion so if we're higher than other we can nab each other's preferred spot? I feel bad when someone says "prefer jungle" and my bud is very bottom, so I take jungle for him.

First time I've seen someone just completely meltdown and rage quit in a game. I've seen people bitch, but this zed went top with his new project skin, died twice to Shen, kept yelling "bugs" or "glitch" when he died, and at 20 tried to surrender. We didn't. He called us cunts. Dicks. Left. We dragged it out as long as possible so he couldn't play more games. After about 12 minutes, he came back. We made fun of him, he called us names and said we don't have lives. He tried to surrender. We refused. He rage quit again.

Good times!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Project: Feed is successful.

Edit: I should probably change to a Nautilus avatar too.

Bacon

Today in "Adventures with Yasuo," Yas dies to our Zed early a couple times so starts building Giants belt and Wardens Mail as his first two items. Claims he's too far behind to afford to build damage.

On the one hand I liked where his head was at, trying not to feed, but on the other hand I'm not sure how much of an asset a 100% tank yasuo is going to be.

Type2

Is this a job for zkylewd?

Yeah. Ill be out of town this weekend if you guys are doing in houses but have fun!

Side note: Vayne and Yasuo have given me my most losses recently. Holy shit do teams not know how to play around them. Our draft last game was shit and I wanted to dodge but didnt make it in time. I can destroy her in lane and during mid game skirmishes but people flash forward for her to much and get rekt I just cant. SMH!

Today in "Adventures with Yasuo," Yas dies to our Zed early a couple times so starts building Giants belt and Wardens Mail as his first two items. Claims he's too far behind to afford to build damage.

On the one hand I liked where his head was at, trying not to feed, but on the other hand I'm not sure how much of an asset a 100% tank yasuo is going to be.

It's useless for him to build that. Zed is still 1 item up and always will be. By the time he gets a randy Zed will have armor pen like LW (which is cheaper).

Not only that but Yasuo has better team fighting than Zed and has potential to outplay with wind wall vs Zed's Q. I rather he build damage and either out scales late game or out play mid game. Zed beats Yasuo pre 6 anyways but Yasuo beats him once it gets to 7-9ish.

I remember there was a NA LCS game where we saw XWX pick Yasuo into Pobelter'sZed. XWX knew exactly the power spike and tried to play around it but the same time Xmithie knew that XWX knew the power spike so he camped him and got Pobelter really far ahead.

The mind games.. I know you know that I know. That's also why I like junglers who camp wining lanes/matchup. Your laner is already at an advantage, why not push it even more so that the game gets out of control. I think CLG went on to win that game pretty easily.

faridmon

I am up for a weekend plays, and then realised you all Americans.

Maybe I should make an NA account and play with a high ping
even higher than my already high ping

It's useless for him to build that. Zed is still 1 item up and always will be. By the time he gets a randy Zed will have armor pen like LW (which is cheaper).

Not only that but Yasuo has better team fighting than Zed and has potential to outplay with wind wall vs Zed's Q. I rather he build damage and either out scales late game or out play mid game. Zed beats Yasuo pre 6 anyways but Yasuo beats him once it gets to 7-9ish.

The problem is that, and I have noticed, is that most Yasou players are impatience. They seem to just not think strategically after few deaths and are just impractical to the team later on. The fact they chose Yasou means that, I always have to change my play-style to accommodate their selfish plays. One of the few things I hate playing with Yasou players. Also a lot of them don't know how to play him properly anyways.

zkylon

zkylewd
yup, it's much more fun playing against yasuo than with yasuo in your team cos you know at least everyone in your team passed the minimum test of not being complete idiots by not picking yasuo

faridmon

Got reported for negative attitude, because I said it was too easy. Shouldn't have been arrogant about it, but couldn't help glee. :(

lesson learnt

yup, it's much more fun playing against yasuo than with yasuo in your team cos you know at least everyone in your team passed the minimum test of not being complete idiots by not picking yasuo
lol

faridmon

I just won a game with a Yasou in our team and he said that it was his first time playing him. Maybe the problem lies with the fact that people who main him are usually the troublesome ones.

Me and the ADC lost bot to an Ashe and Thresh, while our jungler went on a bad streak of dying 5 times to just one kill. Thank god our Yasou played smartly and our top helped us alot in teamfights. I just relised that ADC usually become cocky once they win lane phase because that Ashe was terrible in most teamfights. Also thresh build's was that of an ADC as he finished the game with an IE and Last Wisperer, and no supp items at all, which was wierd

Tizoc

I just won a game with a Yasou in our team and he said that it was his first time playing him. Maybe the problem lies with the fact that people who main him are usually the troublesome ones.

Me and the ADC lost bot to an Ashe and Thresh, while our jungler went on a bad streak of dying 5 times to just one kill. Thank god our Yasou played smartly and our top helped us alot in teamfights. I just relised that ADC usually become cocky once they win lane phase because that Ashe was terrible in most teamfights. Also thresh build's was that of an ADC as he finished the game with an IE and Last Wisperer, and no supp items at all, which was wierd

For some reason players like to build Thresh as ADC, generally as a troll build.
What I don't get is why they don't give him Wit's End since his E adds AP damage to his autos @_@ I mean if you're gonna troll Thresh at least don't treat long range auto-ing Tank= ADC.

faridmon

For some reason players like to build Thresh as ADC, generally as a troll build.
What I don't get is why they don't give him Wit's End since his E adds AP damage to his autos @_@ I mean if you're gonna troll Thresh at least don't treat long range auto-ing Tank= ADC.

No be fair, him and Ashe won the lane phase and thought he doesn't need to be a supporter anymore since we were kind of rubbish, I don't know. but yeah, he has to take advantage of his abilities and build properly rather than going full ADC-like.

and I have checked his profile on opp.gg and apparently he is Silver 3 :/

Tizoc

No be fair, him and Ashe won the lane phase and thought he doesn't need to be a supporter anymore since we were kind of rubbish, I don't know. but yeah, he has to take advantage of his abilities and build properly rather than going full ADC-like.

and I have checked his profile on opp.gg and apparently he is Silver 3 :/

Supports who don't build support items is common around that elo and below sadly :p
Their mentality is that they don't want to be that team mate who can't deal damage and gets kills, sort of.

faridmon

Supports who don't build support items is common around that elo and below sadly :p
Their mentality is that they don't want to be that team mate who can't deal damage and gets kills, sort of.

Well, I am Bronze VI
since last month
and Bronze people know what they are ought to do when it comes to be what their role is and how they should build.

killatopak

Gold Member
HEvSOAx.jpg

It just had to be a ranked game.

23qwerty

go look up thresh's ad ratio on his e passive and check out some ad thresh montages because they're both hilarious

killatopak

Gold Member
Finally won ranked with Leona.

My 3 loses had Garen in all of them. Whether I was mid top or jungle, he was there and he was the main culprit for my losses. I spammed chat with "ban garen" so our captain did on my 4th game and what do you know the their top lane fed ours. Fuck you garen. I liked you and even mained you once but not now where you win 90% of the match ups without effort. It feels dirty if I play him and it fucking sucks if he's my enemy.

My 3 loses had Garen in all of them. Whether I was mid top or jungle, he was there and he was the main culprit for my losses. I spammed chat with "ban garen" so our captain did on my 4th game and what do you know the their top lane fed ours. Fuck you garen. I liked you and even mained you once but not now where you win 90% of the match ups without effort. It feels dirty if I play him and it fucking sucks if he's my enemy.

People who don't ban Garen are losing their teams the game. Ban Garen if you're not going to first pick him.

garath

I concur. Garen is a beast right now. Fortunately my last two games I was first pick and won them both. Good banning? Getting to play my role? Coincidence? Whatever the case, fiora and garen were bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom