• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
f5wMWvx.png

I need a Sona version

23qwerty

no if you build one damage item you should be able to effortlessly kill everyone instantly its fine its balanced dont worry about it

killatopak

Gold Member
I don't actually find this video to be very ridiculous. He's super fed and has like 4-5 levels on the enemy team.

It's more like 2-4 levels and it's not like the enemy team isn't good either. The score is pretty close at the beginning with 19-26. IIRC this is also D1 elo so the people he played with aren't stupid either.

I can understand if you're a super fed Riven so you can steamroll people with your all AD build but Darius here only has a Black Cleaver and deals absurdly amounts of damage while having his broken ass Q heal while also being tanky as fuck.

Edit: And yeah even if he's fed at the start look at his gold. He has 3k at the beginning so his gold advantage against the enemy team isn't used yet. He ends up with 6.5k at the end.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's more like 2-4 levels and it's not like the enemy team isn't good either. The score is pretty close at the beginning with 19-26. IIRC this is also D1 elo so the people he played with aren't stupid either.

I can understand if you're a super fed Riven so you can steamroll people with your all AD build but Darius here only has a Black Cleaver and deals absurdly amounts of damage while having his broken ass Q heal while also being tanky as fuck.
It's like mid to low diamond actually. I dunno. Many people are dumb at this level. Many people have already given up. I've just seen people stomp like that on a bunch of champions, and Soraka was a major part of how he was able to do what he did. By the end he's like level 17 and the enemy bot lane is still like 12. It's whatever. Darius has too many base stats on him and he's obviously broken, but something like this video is not out of line with what I've seen loads of other champions do in this game.

Like, wow. He stomps a Jungle Jax with Rageblade, Magus, and Ionian boots while Darius has a three level advantage and is uncontrollably fed. Thresh has Zeke's. There are no tank stats on the enemy team and he has free farm on top of getting a billion kills. This game was very one sided even before the killing spree. An inhib is going down at 25 minutes.

killatopak

Gold Member
It's like mid to low diamond actually. I dunno. Many people are dumb at this level. Many people have already given up. I've just seen people stomp like that on a bunch of champions, and Soraka was a major part of how he was able to do what he did. By the end he's like level 17 and the enemy bot lane is still like 12. It's whatever. Darius has too many base stats on him and he's obviously broken, but something like this video is not out of line with what I've seen loads of other champions do in this game.

Like, wow. He stomps a Jungle Jax with Rageblade, Magus, and Ionian boots while Darius has a three level advantage and is uncontrollably fed. Thresh has Zeke's. There are no tank stats on the enemy team and he has free farm on top of getting a billion kills. This game was very one sided even before the killing spree. An inhib is going down at 25 minutes.

Searched it and he was dia 2 at that game I think. Anyway, I see your point that he was kinda fed and other champ could do the same as he did but it doesn't excuse how broken he is right now.

nerf soraka

23qwerty

so i'm playing corki for the first time and i do okay and we win so this super salty diana on the other team adds me

bNrqvOQ.png

costy pls ban for them being a harassing salt lord

OKay...time to delete League again like I do for a few weeks. I'll be back, but these players just absolutely murder my spirit and love for this game.

Fiora top absolutely demolishing. At one point she had 18 kills, and the next highest was 6. She doesn't slow down either....but want to know the most interesting stat about her? 0 assists. 30 mintues in, and still 0 fucking assists. I said "Time to group up and push everyone" and she ignored me. Over and over. Then she finally exploded and raged at our Lucian because she engaged in a stupid 1v5 fight, Lucian walked by and didn't jump in to get himself murdered in a 2v5.

As politely as I could, I let her know that her arrogance and ego led to our implosion. That Fiora shouldn't be playing a game based around teamwork.

-Le sigh-

so i'm playing corki for the first time and i do okay and we win so this super salty diana on the other team adds me

bNrqvOQ.png

costy pls ban for them being a harassing salt lord
Well. At least this brightened my mood. I've had some people send friend requests after games, and I've always been afraid to accept in case I get someone who starts calling me a n00b dick or something.

subtles

I think I'll add Riven to my top lane pool as she looks really fun and will probably push me mentally and mechanically. Many of the Riven mains I've played against have really put me off the champion, but having watched Ssumday's pro games on Riven (as well as Faker and The Shy) has really piqued my interest.

The experiment might not survive but I'll at least have better match up knowledge by the end of it.

patchday

OKay...time to delete League again like I do for a few weeks. I'll be back, but these players just absolutely murder my spirit and love for this game.

Fiora top absolutely demolishing. At one point she had 18 kills, and the next highest was 6. She doesn't slow down either....but want to know the most interesting stat about her? 0 assists. 30 mintues in, and still 0 fucking assists. I said "Time to group up and push everyone" and she ignored me. Over and over. Then she finally exploded and raged at our Lucian because she engaged in a stupid 1v5 fight, Lucian walked by and didn't jump in to get himself murdered in a 2v5.

As politely as I could, I let her know that her arrogance and ego led to our implosion. That Fiora shouldn't be playing a game based around teamwork.

-Le sigh-

Well. At least this brightened my mood. I've had some people send friend requests after games, and I've always been afraid to accept in case I get someone who starts calling me a n00b dick or something.

Usually during the week I only play 1 or 2 games a day. Especially now that I'm working on MGS V. And I got distracted with dota-2 10 vs 10 mode. Wish LoL had some mods.

my point is maybe it would help if you cut back a bit too

killatopak

Gold Member
I think I'll add Riven to my top lane pool as she looks really fun and will probably push me mentally and mechanically. Many of the Riven mains I've played against have really put me off the champion, but having watched Ssumday's pro games on Riven (as well as Faker and The Shy) has really piqued my interest.

The experiment might not survive but I'll at least have better match up knowledge by the end of it.

Yep. Even though Riven is one of the most notorious champs in League, you can't deny how fun she is to play. She's my main too so if you have some questions regarding her then you can ask me.

---
90% of the bans in ranked boils down to these guys
We all know how the juggernauts litter the top lane. ADCs are boiled down to who gets Vayne first while the second ADC is most likely Jinx. It's pretty obvious once we banned Vayne, the enemy had used a long time before picking a champ. Vayne really benefited from the meta shift so she's the most picked adc. Elise is still pretty strong.

And we won.

One day I will reach an elo where I don't feel like i have to win 3 lanes and defend inhibs 1v3 (even if successfully).

Fortunately, Jayce has broad shoulders. But it's just so stressful and I feel exhausted after a single match. Though I guess being down 6K gold @ 15 minutes will make a match feel stressful...

I'd really like to get good at one of the asshole snowballers, but I just don't have time to get really good at them this season. Even when fed, I have to work so hard.

Riot pls buff Jayce.

Fuck it, I'm just gonna start spam picking Lux, Brand and Ahri. Games always feel easier with them.

Leezard

One day I will reach an elo where I don't feel like i have to win 3 lanes and defend inhibs 1v3 (even if successfully).

Fortunately, Jayce has broad shoulders. But it's just so stressful and I feel exhausted after a single match. Though I guess being down 6K gold @ 15 minutes will make a match feel stressful...

I'd really like to get good at one of the asshole snowballers, but I just don't have time to get really good at them this season. Even when fed, I have to work so hard.

Riot pls buff Jayce.

Fuck it, I'm just gonna start spam picking Lux, Brand and Ahri. Games always feel easier with them.
You do have some games where you just snowball from the start and straight out win, right?

I do sometimes enjoy a game where a huge comeback happens, even if they are stressful.

In this game we were down 9.4k by 19 minutes, partially thanks to yasuo mid + yi jungle. A single good Yasuo ult can completely turn around the game though, and it did. Some time around 20 minutes we got a couple of picks which followed into a teamfight in mid lane which started with Yi getting hooked. A 4 man Nami ult into 4 man Gnar ult into 4 man Yasuo ult meant the game was ours after that. Later Yi got a casual pentakill.

I don't like having Yasuo on the team since they typically feed, but a single good ult will win the game.

Playing Eveylnn a lot more recently and I've got to say, I am surprised how good she is in the current meta. It's super easy to get kills and ganks off with her and usually I am ahead about 4 kills by 15 min mark.

That said usually this is when I hit the wall. The wall to me is the 15-25 min area, where I am ahead in kills but have no idea how to take this advantage and ram it down their throats. The problem I have is that my team either does well and wins the game during that time, or they lose lanes and I have try to cover them.

I think a lot of the problem is how I build. I tend to build really defensive when I am ahead, I try to win the game on level advantage rather than items, but I don't think this works that well in the current meta. What do you guys think?

kenbo

That's just Eve for you.

She has an incredible early game and falls off pretty hard.

Ap eve is good for snowballing leads further, but if you don't win before 20 minutes they can just group and make you nearly useless. You will be forced to split push.

Tank eve is much more reliable but you should have another engager on your team because she doesn't offer much beyond a good flank into a slow

how did changing your computer change your ping?

I haven't played since way before the server switch due to hardware failures and crap. And now I don't have a clue as to what the hell is going on now.

Can someone give me a quick update on how MF was changed gameplay wise please.

patchday

Not sure what else my Karma support could have done to carry this miserable lot to victory. My adc was annoying so I put him on mute within like 2 mins into match. I suppose that didn't help :)

Very happy with my performance. Could've gotten my deaths down to 0 probably though with a little faster reflexes. But I'll take an 8.5 K/D/A ratio :)

BKGQ9en.png

I wanted to do a Teambuilder match for a great composition but it just takes way too long to build a team like that in the mornings before I go to work.

You do have some games where you just snowball from the start and straight out win, right?

Only when I duo with GAFers. Clear, decisive wins probably represent no more than 10% of my wins.

Not sure what else my Karma support could have done to carry this miserable lot to victory. My adc was annoying so I put him on mute within like 2 mins into match. I suppose that didn't help :)

Very happy with my performance. Could've gotten my deaths down to 0 probably though with a little faster reflexes. But I'll take an 8.5 K/D/A ratio :)

BKGQ9en.png

I wanted to do a Teambuilder match for a great composition but it just takes way too long to build a team like that in the mornings before I go to work.

buy more support items. and how many wards did you buy? A sightstone alone should never be all of the wards in your inventory. when I'm on support, for example, I have a sighstone + the maximum number of stealth wards I can carry + 1 vision ward + upgraded sweeper. gotta have a sweeper bro.

killatopak

Gold Member
I don't buy any green wards if I have my sightstone but yeah you're correct.

You might want to try buying support items for karma like how I learned what to buy for lulu instead of full ap.

patchday

Thanks yall. I think I'm going to switch to Karma mid instead of support since I don't wanna give up my AP items. Although I think I would've felt more comfortable going full support items if my ADC seemed more experienced.

WTB a good Corki adc. The two corki players I've seen so far were definitely subpar

There's nothing wrong with building AP on Karma support.

there is if it comes at the expense of your team having an abject lack of vision and core utility items while trying to play from behind. having 2 real wards on the map (and a couple of POS trinkets) against a fed wu, yi and yauso so you can build AP as a supp is the height of greed. but it may not have mattered at all in this match. who knows.

Newt

there is if it comes at the expense of your team having an abject lack of vision and core utility items while trying to play from behind. having 2 real wards on the map (and a couple of POS trinkets) against a fed wu, yi and yauso so you can build AP as a supp is the height of greed. but it may not have mattered at all in this match. who knows.
I mean, he already has a sightstone. If you're not building some sort of damage, there's no point playing Karma support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom