• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think its prolly a good idea to ban yasuo out of ur own team these days

also malzahar is a really strong counterpick

but yea yasuo is dumb and yasuo players are super dumb

3a93f846c3a2410b0de2083729d99fd3.png
Do oranges cure space aids

faridmon

Earlier today I have played against a team with a good Yasou player who single handedly won his team the game. We were way ahead in kills and controlled the map fairly decently, but that Yasou somehow attracted 4 guys to just try kills under the top turret while his team mates were just pushing the bot lane and got an inhibitor.... and Yasou wasn't even killed in the process.

The one game in a long time, I had to salute the enemy team while losing.

I keep forgetting that there are some good Yasou players, but they are rare breed!

patchday

I always push to ban Yasou tho. Cause just making me lose CS is reason enough. I don't want to get caught by that nasty ultimate.

Ban Yasou, Ban Blitz, Ban Garen/Fiora/Daruis. Ban Heim. So many cheap-ass heroes to ban

I love Fiora tho. But been investing more time into Irelia cause when I do well I gain more confidence it is "really me" playing well rather than a broken kit hiding my lack of skill

I do want Project Fiora tho. soon as it's on sale

patchday

ignites the strongest lane summoner in the game which is why i always take ignite unless theres an assassin on the other team

yea ignite on support is really common, nothing to be concerned about

i generally do the same as ghost, ignite always unless there's like a zed or yasuo or whatever that u can really hurt in teamfights with exhaust

i also take exhaust against vayne but i probably shouldn't since as a support you rarely get in vayne range

Say what? I never saw Ignite recommended for support builds? I always went exhaust on my supports. huh, always an education reading these forums. I'm now Level 26 and still getting schooled here daily

Thanks will give this some thought

<edit> double post FTL, bad form ouch

bgbball31

I'm scared. I've won 7 ranked games in a row (only silver 3, though). Never know if I should ride the wave or quit while I'm ahead.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
All this talk of ranked toxicity and dunkey drama and here I am just playing ARAM nonstop.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I think the reason why I enjoy ARAM so much and not ranked queues is because the games are usually shorter and you can surrender faster if you're getting wrecked. Yes RNG plays a part and sometimes games are purely lost in champ select but come backs can happen and it's very back and forth. Not to mention you're constantly teamfighting (no boring lane phase) so your mechanics get better and you learn more champs. On top of that, you can usually build however you like as long as you're not going full idiot and building AP Vayne. People usually aren't toxic to each other in this mode either since you can't control your champions given.

Riot needs to shorten the average game length for ranked games. It's just exhausting playing 30+ minutes of SR and then your one idiot teammate is out of position and all the time you spent playing just basically got thrown out the window. They need to increase the power of snowballing again, increase death timers, and probably shorten the surrender timer down to 10-15 minutes (0 minutes if one player never connected or is intentionally feeding).

All this talk of ranked toxicity and dunkey drama and here I am just playing ARAM nonstop.
Dunkey is acting like a little bitch. He keeps raving on how other games let you talk shit to people who are worse than you, but in those games you're talking shit to someone you're playing against, not with - no one gets banned for being fucking bm, people get banned for flaming teammates. On top of that, he says Riot didn't give him a free pass when he has been acting like a gigantic asshole for years and only now he gets banned, not to mention they don't own him jack shit.

I mean, I love his videos but if he can't handle not being a waste of human flesh then good riddance.

bgbball31

Welp, that "play till you lose" didn't last long. Someone decided to take Lee mid into Ahri and 10 minutes later Ahri was 4/0. As an immobile ADC (Ashe), I was DoA. Didn't matter that I was 20CS up after laning.

Pancakes

Dunkey is acting like a little bitch. He keeps raving on how other games let you talk shit to people who are worse than you, but in those games you're talking shit to someone you're playing against, not with - no one gets banned for being fucking bm, people get banned for flaming teammates. On top of that, he says Riot didn't give him a free pass when he has been acting like a gigantic asshole for years and only now he gets banned, not to mention they don't own him jack shit.

I mean, I love his videos but if he can't handle not being a waste of human flesh then good riddance.

I agree 100% with what you're saying. But the fact that Riot can't deal with all these scripters, intentional feeders, champ select trolls, and the bad DC system after 5 years is just beyond stupid.

patchday

Yeah I get tired of all the bots. havent seen any for quite a while tho.

--------------------------

Man TeamBuilder!!! Takes like 10-15 mins to build a team lol. This is frakking awful. I like Ranked Draft maybe a bit more but sometimes I just want to play the role I want guaranteed

<edit> yay! support finally showed up!!!

errr, bunch of folk went afk during the wait tho. this is silly :(

edit2 - we booted the afk Top laner and replaced him instantly lol. now we can start

I agree 100% with what you're saying. But the fact that Riot can't deal with all these scripters, intentional feeders, champ select trolls, and the bad DC system after 5 years is just beyond stupid.
Yeah, I agree with that. It only took 18 patches into the 5th year of the game to get a system that deals with intentional feeders, like what have you been doing all this time?

Stop listening to Lyte's psychobabble and tell people to stop being dickheads or else. Why the fuck are stuff like IP permabans only saved for people that are basically one pixel away from commiting an actual crime?

Pancakes

Oh and one thing I forgot to mention. I don't care if someone is being a toxic dick as long as they're still trying. I can just mute their verbal sewage and their pings and enjoy myself. I can't do anything if one 12 year decides to vent his teenage angst in ranked and proceeds to feed and troll for 20 minutes.

One of the rare occasions Newt was right:

"I'd rather have a toxic teammate that's good as opposed to a nice teammate that's bad."

Stop listening to Lyte's psychobabble and tell people to stop being dickheads or else. Why the fuck are stuff like IP permabans only saved for people that are basically one pixel away from commiting an actual crime?

Toxic idiots usually play Riven, Yi, Rengar, etc. Riot pumps out skins for said champs. Follow the money, toxic idiots buy skins too. Riot doesn't give a damn about the "experience" of ranked/normal games so long as the game's player population remains high.

Pancakes

If you're not 30 yet don't bother with teambuilder.

Pancakes

If I've gone this far without getting banned, Dunkey must have been a real asshole.

Basically wrote a paragraph in game telling a teammate he should be gunned down. All you do is AFK when team won't surrender and tell enemies they're baddies in post game chat.

patchday

so it turns out I got disconnected in lobby. But game didnt say anything (maybe it said I lost chat). So I join like 8 mins into laning phase after rebooting LoL client. My mid lane opponent already L6 and its kha'zix. Luckily Naut babysat me til I got strong nuff to survive and left me alone with Kha. Ugh, that guy is a real pain to mid lane aganst. Was hoping for a Yasuo. I was on Syndra so wanted to lob some balls across a windwall.

But no Yasuo never shows when im on syndra

We won that game but it took forever+ cause we had to come back from the grave

If you're not 30 yet don't bother with teambuilder.

I noticed I got the best quality teammates when I go teambuilder. I reckon because only L25 and up can play.

I think they even warded. Support actually had a Sightstone!!!!!!! The jungler actually helped me with wards too

drawkcaB

If I've gone this far without getting banned, Dunkey must have been a real asshole.

That's something I was always keep in mind when I see people getting banned. You really, really have to consistently be a complete asshole to get banned. The system is obviously very lenient.

Riot needs to shorten the average game length for ranked games. It's just exhausting playing 30+ minutes of SR and then your one idiot teammate is out of position and all the time you spent playing just basically got thrown out the window. They need to increase the power of snowballing again, increase death timers, and probably shorten the surrender timer down to 10-15 minutes (0 minutes if one player never connected or is intentionally feeding).

I get what you're saying, but fact is the average match length hasn't increased as much as people think it has. The few times Riot's given numbers the average S5 match is about ~2-1/2 minutes longer than in S4, and about the same amount of time separates the old super snowbally shit from S2 from S5. Yeah, 5 minutes is 5 minutes, but it's not like 20 min games used to be the norm and its doubled over the years. Perception is a funny thing, particularly when the community at large is giant, and overwhelmingly whiny, echo chamber.

Snowballing sucks. I get people want shorter games, but losing a lane because of a mistake at level 2 or whatever is bullshit and people who bitch just as much in the other direction. This is before even considering the ramifications this would have on the viability of champions. Not a strong ganker at level 2 or 3? Sorry, you're not getting picked. Reducing the surrender timer like you said, combined with not just banning an intentional feeder/troll after the game, but finding a way to get his ass out during the match and then letting the team decide if they want to surrender right then and there would be way better. 45 minute matches wouldn't be so bad if you could remove all those terrible 20-30 min experiences.

Know what else would help? Significantly improved communication tools, because for a game of LoL's complexity four ping markers doesn't cut it at all.

patchday

I wish this game had mods. I really like this game but I think Dota 2 has much more diversity and variety in game modes (well obviously). tempted to go play somemore dota 10 v 10 just thinking bout it

Yeah I wish the Rifts were a little shorter too. But I was spoiled by HOTS in that regards

<edit> Ugh, Teambuilder is nice for kicking scrubs. I'm looking at a guy on my draft mode lobby. He's an Ekko w/o flash. He's gonna freakin' feed I jkust know it. I'd kick him if it were teambuilder and I was host

edit2 - Thank you jesus, I was able to talk some sense into him and he got Flash.

edit3 - yep we lost. Ekko was supposed to play support role but immediately dashes to top with Vlad (Who didnt him up there feeding). He finally admits he didn't what he was doing and we made him go bot. By this point I said let's just surrender cause it was looking like it was gonna be a massacre.

Back to teambuilder as support. I love this insta-teams when I go supp role and I get great compositions. This is lovely

jerd

That's something I was always keep in mind when I see people getting banned. You really, really have to consistently be a complete asshole to get banned. The system is obviously very lenient.

I get what you're saying, but fact is the average match length hasn't increased as much as people think it has. The few times Riot's given numbers the average S5 match is about ~2-1/2 minutes longer than in S4, and about the same amount of time separates the old super snowbally shit from S2 from S5. Yeah, 5 minutes is 5 minutes, but it's not like 20 min games used to be the norm and its doubled over the years. Perception is a funny thing, particularly when the community at large is giant, and overwhelmingly whiny, echo chamber.

Snowballing sucks. I get people want shorter games, but losing a lane because of a mistake at level 2 or whatever is bullshit and people who bitch just as much in the other direction. This is before even considering the ramifications this would have on the viability of champions. Not a strong ganker at level 2 or 3? Sorry, you're not getting picked. Reducing the surrender timer like you said, combined with not just banning an intentional feeder/troll after the game, but finding a way to get his ass out during the match and then letting the team decide if they want to surrender right then and there would be way better. 45 minute matches wouldn't be so bad if you could remove all those terrible 20-30 min experiences.

Know what else would help? Significantly improved communication tools, because for a game of LoL's complexity four ping markers doesn't cut it at all.

Idk how you people lived without the 4 pings

Smite has a small map and fast games but prob in the neighborhood of half of the games i play are surrendered at 10 for better or worse so not sure if that is really much better

Their communication system is crazy in depth but it kinda has to be since any time your fingers aren't on wasd you're not moving

faridmon

Holyshit, team builder is the way to go. I just played 8 games straight and the level of toxicity was almost none existent (maybe partially they chose their role before hand, also everyone is doing what they are suppose to to do. It also helps the fact that people who are there to try out different camps/tactics let you know before hand and as a jungler this is way helpful, no one is feeding intentionally and everyone is super friendly once someone messes up.

It also helps the fact that I have won 6 of those 8 games, maybe I am choosing the champs I have already mastered and I am playing against people who are trying different things, but man what a great experience I had.

I think I am gonna do Teambuilder from now on unless its like middle of the night where no one is playing the game.

Pancakes

Holyshit, team builder is the way to go. I just played 8 games straight and the level of toxicity was almost none existent (maybe partially they chose their role before hand, also everyone is doing what they are suppose to to do. It also helps the fact that people who are there to try out different camps/tactics let you know before hand and as a jungler this is way helpful, no one is feeding intentionally and everyone is super friendly once someone messes up.

It also helps the fact that I have won 6 of those 8 games, maybe I am choosing the champs I have already mastered and I am playing against people who are trying different things, but man what a great experience I had.

I think I am gonna do Teambuilder from now on unless its like middle of the night where no one is playing the game.

My second favorite mode after ARAM. Mostly because I get instant queues as support but the game quality tends to be a bit higher since people know what they're doing (usually). The only problem is no bans so you get cancer champs like Darius and Fiora and possibly mirror match ups which are no fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom