• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenbo

Yasuo is the Taylor Swift of League of Legends

I can't go a day w/o seeing him, and he sucks.
Taylor Swift is a nice girl
Bu-bu-but PHD Lyte says that implementing such a system will increase toxicity in 24 languages by 76%.
Amazing.
There are memers on neogaf too
Lol

I think nerfing her sustain would do a lot of good to the game. The amount of healing she does is just incredible. Poke is literally no strategy against an ADC with Soraka as supp.
Woe that there be a champion that weakens a strategy

its almost like the whole engage > sustain > poke > engage of bot lane never existed before

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Engage bot lanes would be fantastic...if not for the fact that mid and top will TP in to counter engage you and wreck your shit. Aggression in bot lane is punished too harshly.

Newt

This role is in such a sorry state.
4e0117ccaaf26f8cfed80c3dd0761d21.png
Top has so much control over the game it's stupid.

zkylon

zkylewd
i've been trying to teach a friend to play the game but i really don't know how, i feel like league is a super boring game if u have someone else winning the game for u, and he wants to play support and all the cheap supports are pretty boring

i'm gonna try get him to play annie cos he's been playing sona and she's just super passive and boring and not a cool way for ppl to get into the game

tbh i'd normally advice ppl against getting into mobas unless they have friends learning at the same time but this friend is like a game designer guy that would be cool if he tried this cool new genre just to see what it's about

so like, any tips for like easing in ur friends into the game?

I feel there should be a buff on frost queens where every time you hit a person you get mana back instead of doing extra damage.
nah, maybe both, but not just mana, that would be crazy :p

like, imagine that you're sona or nami, to aa or use a spell u gotta get into scary range of alistar, nautilus, etc., so u should get a big reward for hitting them while not getting caught and it should be a combat reward cos you're buying an offensive item

tho i guess on fqc it doesn't matter anymore cos it's past laning, but i just think that item needs to have its active reworked instead. or like made much stronger, that thing is impossible to land

Not even a full season of top lane being able to influence the map and the ADC are already crying
Teleport has been the norm ever since early S4. That's almost two full seasons, specially considering worlds will be played in this state.

Difference is that you didn't have to pick X or Y to be relevant back then.

Ambition

I feel like no matter how hard I shut down a Vayne she still becomes a problem. Also, Garen is un-kiteable. I'm starting to think Frozen Mallet will become a thing if this keeps up

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
HAHHAHHAHAHAHAAHAGAHAHHAHAHGAHA.

You know things are bad for ADC when Newt is playing top Heimer. Riven/Noc such an easy match up for him lol. Just push for days.

kenbo

I feel like no matter how hard I shut down a Vayne she still becomes a problem. Also, Garen is un-kiteable. I'm starting to think Frozen Mallet will become a thing if this keeps up
Vayne a problem vs Garen un-kiteable
Pick one
Teleport has been the norm ever since early S4. That's almost two full seasons, specially considering worlds will be played in this state.

Difference is that you didn't have to pick X or Y to be relevant back then.

Other difference is that people never used TP effectively in Season 4.

i've been trying to teach a friend to play the game but i really don't know how, i feel like league is a super boring game if u have someone else winning the game for u, and he wants to play support and all the cheap supports are pretty boring

i'm gonna try get him to play annie cos he's been playing sona and she's just super passive and boring and not a cool way for ppl to get into the game

tbh i'd normally advice ppl against getting into mobas unless they have friends learning at the same time but this friend is like a game designer guy that would be cool if he tried this cool new genre just to see what it's about

Mmmmm. He hasn't played any other mobas.

Make sure he tries other lanes. If he going to be support don't play adc every time. I would just let him figure it out and if has questions, answer them. I would say don't baby him and don't try to cover everything at once let him. Just help him with the basics and if has questions help him with those but past that I would just let him play.

Are these Project Skins the most popular set ever released in this game. Can't go a game without at least two in there. Also, what happens if all 5 people are wearing the skin?

HowZatOZ

Banned
I know it's casual but I'm sick of support not getting sightstone. Just, please do one bit of your job that actually helps the damn team. I'll buy ward's when I can to help you out but seriously, it's nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Bacon

I know it's casual but I'm sick of support not getting sightstone. Just, please do one bit of your job that actually helps the damn team. I'll buy ward's when I can to help you out but seriously, it's nothing in the grand scheme of things.

"I upgraded trinket tho"

HowZatOZ

Banned
"I upgraded trinket tho"
I hate that excuse. Alongside "well why don't you just ward" when the map is ONLY warded by everyone but support. I also hate those who complain about ganks when they refuse to ward because they don't want to sacrifice CS. Take two seconds to jump out and ward, ta-da you can see.

Vision is so damn crucial to the swing of a game it amazes me seeing people refuse.

that's it? i've been fucking cheating myself out avoiding of some of these derp comps.
Only the first time you dodge before playing more matches so use it wisely because if you have to dodge again thats minus 10 LP and if you're in promos that's an instant loss plus minus 10 LP every time

Edwardo

I'd say just let him play with you and friends. That way he can be playing with people who know how to play and let him know what mistakes he makes. I guess you can tell him to try to play against bots too, but I always found that too boring to recommend to people.

zkylon

zkylewd
Mmmmm. He hasn't played any other mobas.

Make sure he tries other lanes. If he going to be support don't play adc every time. I would just let him figure it out and if has questions, answer them. I would say don't baby him and don't try to cover everything at once let him. Just help him with the basics and if has questions help him with those but past that I would just let him play.
hhmm thanks

he played sona twice and i gave him xerath cos i figured he'd like his look and like shooting lasers and stuff, and i was with him in lane twice and then played tf mid cos we had a hilarious trist that called adc

the time he was xerath we did thresh xerath bot and it was pretty silly

against bots only, tho i went with intermediate cos i figured it's more fun to get killed than like not do anything at all

What are the odds of a support that doesn't buy Sightstone actually upgrading their trinket lol
lol

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
What are the odds of a support that doesn't buy Sightstone actually upgrading their trinket lol

I think the better question is:

"What are the odds of a support that buys Sightstone actually changing their trinket lol"
To get friends into league of legends you gotta just let them play what they think looks cool so they can figure out what they want. Also just to spam bots if they're very green or they'll get scared off.

I heard making them play five games will make them come crawling back.

Pancakes

To get friends into league of legends you gotta just let them play what they think looks cool so they can figure out what they want. Also just to spam bots if they're very green or they'll get scared off.

patchday

gonna be tough to protect the new player from toxics though. Might want to tell them its ok to just straight up mute ev1 if they're way behind lol

drawkcaB

I've seen enough ADCs whining about this or that to generally not feel sympathy for them but having played about 30 matches as an ADC last month, by far the most I've ever played, the role really does suck. I feel much more at the mercy of my team than when I play any other role. Whether it's always been that way, that it's a recent development, or that it's been trending that way for some time I don't know, but I know it's boring as fuck down there.

Bu-bu-but PHD Lyte says that implementing such a system will increase toxicity in 24 languages by 76%.

Yep. He seems to mean well, but Christ that guy...My favorite is when he goes on about how such and such thing would be bad but then it's implemented with some minor, inconsequential tweak that apparently makes it a great idea now. 5 years later and the game is still in this state for some basic shit. But hey, Phd., gotta be worth something right? I guess Valve's tiny DotA2 must be entirely Phd grads, that's the only possible explanation.

Pancakes

Memes and circlejerks in neogaf

How about we talk about the magic that is automated intentional feeder banning?

I'll believe it when I see it, and it also took 5 years to implement so wooo better late than never.

Newt

I see you were carried by an ADC
It's not that ADC's can't get fed and carry in this patch, that's not the issue. The real issue is that toplane can just TP and destroy that lead instantly.

For example, that game I just slapped the shit outta Riven, so all her tps were wasted back at top.

Pancakes

well my friend ended up playing like 5 games of sona on his own so i guess he kind of liked the game haha

Well course, he picked the best champ so obviously he's having fun.

kenbo

no the problem is everyone comes bot because mid takes tp now
You don't like fun 5v5 parties bot?
I'll believe it when I see it, and it also took 5 years to implement so wooo better late than never.

I have seen 2 intentional feeders in my lifetime. And that was before I knew what feeding was.

Sardonic backhanded whining that it couldn't come soon enough

vs

Intentional feeding isn't a problem

hmm

It's almost like the community just overreacts all the time. thnx dunkey

zkylon

zkylewd
wip_by_instantip-d99ikz8.jpg

instantip working on a summer themed series

a bit late for our op but what evs

Well course, he picked the best champ so obviously he's having fun.
well he sounded kind of bored over skype so i was like maybe try someone more fun but all he had for supports in free rotations for newbies was sona and zilean and at least sona isn't zilean lol

told him to save for ali, maybe he'll like ali

Pancakes

Your top lane lost = your Bot lane is lost automatically, usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom