• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekofrog

Banned
ive actually started banning yasuo when playing on my smurf to keep my own team from playing it

its like the old days when he first came out

zkylon

zkylewd
Say what? I never saw Ignite recommended for support builds? I always went exhaust on my supports. huh, always an education reading these forums. I'm now Level 26 and still getting schooled here daily

Thanks will give this some thought

well like, its up to u but like ignite is much better for laning, while exhaust is usually better later on

i like the extra edge during in lane fights so i generally take ignite, but exhaust is fine too

faridmon

My second favorite mode after ARAM. Mostly because I get instant queues as support but the game quality tends to be a bit higher since people know what they're doing (usually). The only problem is no bans so you get cancer champs like Darius and Fiora and possibly mirror match ups which are no fun.

To be fair, its sort of funny to go against the same champ because you will feel you are competing on whoever is best on said champ. Also its funny seeing 2 Yasou's going each other and everyone basically hating the whole game.

jerd

I mean it's not really up for debate lol

In a game with a playerbase of a bajillion the mode wouldn't be plagued by bots and massive queue times if it had a large dedicated following

spk

How do I get this game to install if it keeps hanging at various percentages and 0kbps even after I've tried reinstalling, repairing, and all the dumb tricks like copying and deleting files and subfolders? First it wouldn't patch, so after hours of trying I reinstalled, and now it won't download more than 10mb.

Feels good to get completely dumpstered by Trist/Thresh lane then comeback with teamfights and rotations. Me and Braum ended lane 0/3 each.
http://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/OC1/103962471/201426653?tab=overview
NlWyh6r.png

and now I'm my third All AD team in a row. :/

Nev

Banned
IDK why I keep trying support Liss. I've never won.

I used to play that, it works better than mid now that the meta is full of unkillable tanks that can oneshot everybody, like Vomirelia and her 3 seconds stun. She's going to be a CC machine anyways, better let some viable tank champ mid.

Leezard

I think the main problem with Soraka appeared after they buffed coin. It heals way too much health and gives too much gold now, which means Soraka's hp costs are negligible during most of the laning phase. Just make her heal more expensive in terms of HP.

Nekofrog

Banned
i think polymorph is the most infuriating form of CC

it turns you into a stupid squirrel

on the other hand i love turning people into stupid squirrels

Dominion sucks because nobody plays it

Nobody plays dominion because it sucks

Such is the cycle
Dominion sucks because it's boring, filled with assholes and no one plays it anymore.

The few matches I had to play last year for the lunar revel icons were some of the worst experiences I had with this game in 4 years.

Nekofrog

Banned
i just got drafted into a ranked 5s team because a guy "loved my shen" and they "lane swap every game"

this is gonna be a disaster

i just got drafted into a ranked 5s team because a guy "loved my shen" and they "lane swap every game"

this is gonna be a disaster
Lane swaps aren't that bad if you double jungle, then your adc support and jungle take there top tower quickly. Also if you are going to be the person bot lane you better be ranged and or have decent wave clear. Or you are going to get no gold.

garath

Riot needs to shorten the average game length for ranked games. It's just exhausting playing 30+ minutes of SR and then your one idiot teammate is out of position and all the time you spent playing just basically got thrown out the window. They need to increase the power of snowballing again, increase death timers, and probably shorten the surrender timer down to 10-15 minutes (0 minutes if one player never connected or is intentionally feeding).

I agree with you. Especially in a fairly even match, games can just drag and drag and end up being decided by a single person being out of position. I wouldn't mind the long games as much except it's usually surrounded by complaining and bitching by at least one person.

I'd like to see faster games. Allow a faster surrender on a disconnect. Longer death timers for sure. I don't know about snowballing as much but maybe up the xp per minion to accelerate the game. That would probably have the byproduct of snowballing more but it would punish crappy roams and reward good laning, forcing your opponent to back and lose CS more.

My biggest want is because I only get an hour and a half a night at best. If a game goes 40 min then that's it. One game that night for me. And if its a loss? Feels bad man. I want more games.

But I don't think it will ever happen. It would have be now. Not like the game is shrinking.

patchday

Yeah faster games would be welcome.

Got my win today on first try. Gonna consider myself blessed and logout. Might get back on later to complete my win of the day tho

I got trolled at the beginning tho. The last pick was supposed to go bot with Annie but instead came to mid. but I rolled with it and we double teamed the poor Brand while our adc had to tower hug and fend for himself lmao

I love that feeling when you bard support builds ludens first doesn't go a support item and gives them the first 2 kills. The best part is that he blamed me.

drawkcaB

I agree with you. Especially in a fairly even match, games can just drag and drag and end up being decided by a single person being out of position. I wouldn't mind the long games as much except it's usually surrounded by complaining and bitching by at least one person.

I'd like to see faster games. Allow a faster surrender on a disconnect. Longer death timers for sure. I don't know about snowballing as much but maybe up the xp per minion to accelerate the game. That would probably have the byproduct of snowballing more but it would punish crappy roams and reward good laning, forcing your opponent to back and lose CS more.

My biggest want is because I only get an hour and a half a night at best. If a game goes 40 min then that's it. One game that night for me. And if its a loss? Feels bad man. I want more games.

But I don't think it will ever happen. It would have be now. Not like the game is shrinking.

On top better communicaton options like I mentioned in the last reply, how about improved itemization choices?

Take Ohmwrecker. What does the game look like if that item is actually potent, or banner, or Zz'rot? Letting players transform their lane advantages into items that make the matches move along faster as opposed to just getting more raw stats. Snowballing a match instead of snowballing individual champions. Why Riot is scared of giving those items the Righteous Glory treatment is beyond me. Make them OP on stats, let players use them and get used to using their actives/passives, and then tone them back down.

Also, matches that last longer than 4 minutes where a player on either team never connected shouldn't count in the first fucking place. It's baffling to me that ranked matches can still be lost because a teammate never connected.

Leezard

Also, matches that last longer than 4 minutes where a player on either team never connected shouldn't count in the first fucking place. It's baffling to me that ranked matches can still be lost because a teammate never connected.
Yeah, it's real bad that league is behind in that regard. I wonder how many seasons will pass until it is implemented.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Yeah, it's real bad that league is behind in that regard. I wonder how many seasons will pass until it is implemented.

Bu-bu-but PHD Lyte says that implementing such a system will increase toxicity in 24 languages by 76%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom