• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerd

Omg i just heard gnar's taunt for garen for the first time that's the cutest shit idc what you guys say best champ in the game

killatopak

Gold Member
Just read the patch notes.
Edit: just 5.18 and I also read about Kindred. I'm in love with the model and the skin.

Darius
-Finally mana cost increases per level on the skill. Outsustaining Darius while draining his mana had been my strategy before the rework. I hope I can do it again cause his Q mana cost in 5.17 is pretty damn low.

Elise
- Tried her out so I know she's pretty damn strong so I think her nerfs are good but I don't know how much it will affect her early game. I wish they'd increase the scaling a bit though.

Ezreal
- While this doesn't affect AP Ez, this buff plus the last one means they really want to cement ez as an AD carry.

Fiora
- Just some base stats nerf. Shouldn't be too bad. It just means she has to play safer at the early game against harder match ups and not as aggressively against weaker match ups.

Garen
- Should have been nerfed more in my opinion otherwise some good laning nerfs.

Gangplank
- I was honestly surprised they reverted the previous nerfs in pbe. Should nerfed a bit more base barrel damage but I guess the armor pen was good enough.

Mordekaiser
- A bit of a scaling buff but I think they nerfed his sustain a lot.

Zyra
- Even if this is just plant AI, this changes the game entirely. Will use Zyra a lot more now.

Devourer
- THANK YOU. While it feels nice to use a champ that utilizes devourer, it sucks when you're against it. This nerf should reduce the absurdity it does.

Devourer
- THANK YOU. While it feels nice to use a champ that utilizes devourer, it sucks when you're against it. This nerf should reduce the absurdity it does.
I think it will nerf devourer junglers that don't rely on a passive. Shyv jax and yi should still be very strong. I don't know if I would got devourer xin still.

killatopak

Gold Member
GIRL POWER!
8vLCA10.jpg

I was actually 1-3-0 at one point because it's pretty hard to go against someone with ignite when your champ is the weakest at the early game. TP is OP though. One TP gank and I go from that 1-3 to 4-3. Pretty insane since that TP gank also snowballed the bot lane for us.

Tizoc

GIRL POWER!

I was actually 1-3-0 at one point because it's pretty hard to against someone with ignite when your champ is the weakest at the early game. TP is OP though. One TP gank and I go from that 1-3 to 4-3. Pretty insane since that TP gank also snowballed the bot lane for us.

Dat double pd+boots on Cait...
When will people learn to properly build items on ADCs....

Congrats on the win though.

EDIT: The new maurader and warden skins look terrible.

killatopak

Gold Member

Thanks. I think Shiv would have been a more efficient buy. I don't know too much about ADCs but if she could have gone Scimitar much earlier for morg it would have been better.
I think Karma looks good. It is 750 rp so you shouldn't expect much.

Leezard

The enemy team barely has armor, so double PD is not bad. I don't know if LW instead of PD would be better in that scenario. It should probably be better against Irelia, but not necessarily the rest of the team.

You'd have to do some math to find out what's optimal but it's not bad at least.

Tizoc

Thanks. I think Shiv would have been a more efficient buy. I don't know too much about ADCs but if she could have gone Scimitar much earlier for morg it would have been better.

I think Karma looks good. It is 750 rp so you shouldn't expect much.

Double PDs is something I see pros do with ADCs, but that's a final item kind of thing to replace boots. It did look like they were building towards hexdrinker or QSS though :p

double PD cait has been a thing for a really long time.

But they went Double PD+Boots far as I've seen if 2 PDs can put you at the 2+ atk speed, better swap out that boots for an attack item.

Nekofrog

Banned
if you've snowballed really hard, the enemy probly cant build much armor. double PD/boots/IE/BT puts cait at such a huge powerspike that she is already late game

the double PD build isn't soley just for 6 item replacing boots

HowZatOZ

Banned
Whats a good jungle guide just to wrap my head around the basics? Finally figured it's time to properly learn the role after so many years of playing.

garath

Eh i just think (the item build) it's a little overboard, but I get what you mean.

To put it in perspective, she had an average of 5k (2 items) gold more than everyone on the enemy team. They built almost no armor. She could have built almost any offensive item 5th and 6th to great effect. More attack speed and crit sounds great.

killatopak

Gold Member
I think a qss and a LS would a been good. Morg is a high priority target while Lee Sin is also diving the backline and they had the most armor on the enemy team so I think it would have been efficient. Just QSS without building it to the scimitar is fine.

Let's talk about the Kalista. She bought IE. She did pretty good and even had a quadra around mid game after she bought it. I don't have the slightest clue why majority seems to think IE is bad on her. Someone kind enough to explain?

I think a qss and a LS would a been good. Morg is a high priority target while Lee Sin is also diving the backline and they had the most armor on the enemy team so I think it would have been efficient. Just QSS without building it to the scimitar is fine.

Let's talk about the Kalista. She bought IE. She did pretty good and even had a quadra around mid game after she bought it. I don't have the slightest clue why majority seems to think IE is bad on her. Someone kind enough to explain?
Because she scales better with lifesteal early than crit, but it's not like she's bad with IE.

Tizoc

Well many go Attack speed on her due to her passive and attack-move thing, the higher her attack power the better she kites and stacks her E FOR IT to deal more damage.
I wouldn't say it's bad on her, but rather with the Hurricane+BT+BoRK+LW combo she wastes champs away like nobody's business just fine.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Fan art already pouring out for Kindred, people are fast.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Good champion concept visually. The fairy tale/folklore approach for champion visual design is a good fit for League.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah it's great

i'm not sure about the kit conveying two characters tho, it just looks like lamb is the actual champion and the wolf ghost is just a few spells you cast

and i don't mean micromanaging two champions or like ori with her ball or anything, but i dunno, kindred's kit feels like it could be easily used on a single character champion

faridmon

Thank god for those Fiora nerf. She was just overpowered since her pressure was too much even for a Maokai, but now, she is a bit more balanced while maintaining her usefulness. Now people will actually have to think before they attack constantly with her.

Morgana slight Mana cost reduction. Yesss!

Now I can just spam my Q even bit more.

yeah it's great

i'm not sure about the kit conveying two characters tho, it just looks like lamb is the actual champion and the wolf ghost is just a few spells you cast

and i don't mean micromanaging two champions or like ori with her ball or anything, but i dunno, kindred's kit feels like it could be easily used on a single character champion

I've been excited for almost every new champion they have released in recent time and have ended up with an overall pretty positive outlook on them after they've been live for a couple of weeks, so there's my disclaimer for Breezy-immunity.

But... I feel like this champion leaves a lot to be desired in terms of meshing the artistic identity with the gameplay identity. It really only has one spell where the other half of the character meaningfully intervenes. Don't get me wrong, it will probably end up being fun to play and dominant/viable in one or more roles but the gameplay presence for almost the entire kit seems a bit dull from this armchair.

The voice-acting is 10/10, however. Hopefully there's something that clicks more when you actually have your hands on the champion but I'm not betting on it.

Fun fact: it's customary at Riot to name your Denewb (induction) class, and usually it's named after a champion. All of us in the class loved Kindred's design so we called ourselves "Class Kindred".

The next champ is also visually awesome, but in a totally different way.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I've been excited for almost every new champion they have released in recent time and have ended up with an overall pretty positive outlook on them after they've been live for a couple of weeks, so there's my disclaimer for Breezy-immunity.

But... I feel like this champion leaves a lot to be desired in terms of meshing the artistic identity with the gameplay identity. It really only has one spell where the other half of the character meaningfully intervenes. Don't get me wrong, it will probably end up being fun to play and dominant/viable in one or more roles but the gameplay presence for almost the entire kit seems a bit dull from this armchair.

The voice-acting is 10/10, however. Hopefully there's something that clicks more when you actually have your hands on the champion but I'm not betting on it.
Kindred is fuuuuuun

zkylon

zkylewd
i had to go back to kpop ahri cos schoolgirl ahri was making me lose games

i bet it's that stupid backpack's fault

yeah, i think so too

like, two champions in one begs for some sort of micromanaging or if not something more interactive between the two. kinda like quinn, actually, passive marks them for u, you kill em, but unlike kindred the marks show up and are triggered all the time, and more than half of quinn's spells are valor doing his thing so it feels a bit better imo, even if quinn is pretty uhhhh

kindred just has a ton of spells to the point i feel like lamb is the actual champion and the wolf is like a side thing like ahri's orb or something

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Fun fact: it's customary at Riot to name your Denewb (induction) class, and usually it's named after a champion. All of us in the class loved Kindred's design so we called ourselves "Class Kindred".

The next champ is also visually awesome, but in a totally different way.

STOP TEASING US YOU JERK!

Kindred is very uninspired from a gameplay perspective. They could have done so much with the champion and instead she feels boring. Notice how almost everyone calls her "she"? Because wolf is non-existent.

Light and dark, life and death, so many themes they could touch upon. If anyone's played SMITE, Hel is an amazing champion. Her ult is a form switcher, and sure, that's been done, but she has two totally different roles depending on which you are currently playing as: support or damage. If they didn't want to go that route, then make her an Orianna-like. Ori is super unique and fun to play, with fun interactions with both allies and enemies.

Kindred is a huge miss. Voice, art, all that stuff? Superb. Gorgeous. Lovely. But she is incredibly dull and doesn't take advantage of her identity, and that's a shame.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think making another ori would be a big mistake since it'd make both kindred and ori less special

form changer is also done a lot and nidalee, jayce and elise all have had a billion problems so i duno if we wanna go in that direction

like i said, quinn feels like quinn & valor cos both are interacting with each other all the time , specially because of the passive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom