• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenai

yeah it's great

i'm not sure about the kit conveying two characters tho, it just looks like lamb is the actual champion and the wolf ghost is just a few spells you cast

and i don't mean micromanaging two champions or like ori with her ball or anything, but i dunno, kindred's kit feels like it could be easily used on a single character champion

It's probably gonna depend on how dynamic and interesting one thinks those multiple passives/actives are. I do feel like they work together though, even if I agree that Ori is still probably the best example of controlling "two" champs. If you notice where each passive/active is coming from they seem to be consistent and I find that cool.

I think Karma looks good. It is 750 rp so you shouldn't expect much.

Assuming it isn't a weird graphix bug, the color scheme change when she uses her mantra is very nice.

There are ways to make it still special. Put a bigger cooldown on sending out wolf to an area. Make it a battlezone. Make your abilities change when you're in that field. Make the enemy think twice about fighting into it. Right now Ori is all about re-positioning her ball, whereas Kindred could be more of a planner-type.

Switching to another option, mode changers right now are all about dealing damage. Comboing damage into damage. What if Lamb form had an Ezreal Q that healed whereas Wolf form had a Ezreal Q that did damage? What if Lamb had an ability that was a speed-up field that granted spell vamp and life steal and Wolf had one that was a slow and a heal debuff? These ideas might be half-baked, but I've only thought of this for 30 seconds, and I'm not saying this is the end-all-be-all. But a well developed mode changer would be better than what we have now.

Kindred is a waste. It's like she's an inverse Yasuo (boring samurai dude with a cool kit, not saying he's perfect, but Yasuo is fun to play).

zkylon

zkylewd
It's probably gonna depend on how dynamic and interesting one thinks those multiple passives/actives are. I do feel like they work together though, even if I agree that Ori is still probably the best example of controlling "two" champs. If you notice where each passive/active is coming from they seem to be consistent and I find that cool.

yea i dont think its a disaster or anything, but first impressions it doesn't feel like two champions in one, it feels like you're lamb and wolf is just a pet thing that u summon

i actually think it would've been super cool if like every spell was like active and passive and they were switching back and forth, but probably a balancing nightmare over something too high level to make sense

Kenai

yea i dont think its a disaster or anything, but first impressions it doesn't feel like two champions in one, it feels like you're lamb and wolf is just a pet thing that u summon

i actually think it would've been super cool if like every spell was like active and passive and they were switching back and forth, but probably a balancing nightmare over something too high level to make sense

Yea thinking back Riot's had a hard time with their few champs designed around stance swaps. Nid took years to get to where she is and Elise seems to be tuned every other patch to this day. And then there's Quinn who is literally not doing anything they planned on having her do. Lol. I wonder if Udyr and Karma count as stance champs. They seem to have had less problems overall. Gnar was OP at the start but seems fine now.

Kindred certainly feels more like a duo than Nunu does for example. They are probably on par with Quinn and Valor, and would probably one-up them if Wolf had something to do with the R. Would have been cool if Wolf was the one preventing the death (some animation inside the R effect if the anti death procced) and then Lamb did the healing.

My hope before I saw the kit was they have Lamb be the aggressor on all the moves and Wolf have the more passive effects for a twist on common tropes, but that obviously didn't happen. I will forgive them though since they have probably the coolest launch skin I've ever seen.

Leezard

Greater Mark of Attack Damage: 205 IP ⇒102 IP
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: 410 IP ⇒205 IP
Greater Seal of Armor: 205 IP ⇒102 IP
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist: 205 IP ⇒102 IP
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage: 1025 IP ⇒512 IP
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power: 1025 IP ⇒512 IP

Some T3 runes get their price halved.
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/store/sales/starter-t3-runes-permanent-discount-2-weeks

today must be the greatest day of newts life

corki is disabled

His W damage was so dumb.

Nekofrog

Banned
My smurf account (aka the account my friend gave me over a year ago because he doesn't play anymore) has time spent dead reduction runes.

i shoudl run them for the luls

Newt

Ranked will experience our scorn.
ec4f5a85010a5346e069880aefd4cfb9.jpg
Legit though, I actually kinda like Urgot.

zkylon

zkylewd
cool idea for the marauder x warden skins splashes

Olaf_Splash_5.jpg

Jax_Splash_12.jpg

malphite splash got added to like the corsair skins splashes which is pretty weird

Malphite_Splash_7.jpg

Ranked will experience our scorn.

Legit though, I actually kinda like Urgot.
i actually kind of like urgot too

he's so weird and unique

like, i sort of wish they'd kept some of his spells at least on some other champion, i can see his ult being pretty cool on like a support or something, maybe even being able to target allies

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
new meta

double jungle with clairovoyance to scout for the other shit jungler.

I remember doing this shit in s2/s3 enemy jungler was fking donezo if we got a clairvoyance hit on him.

Leezard

I guess the Malph skin was supposed to come out with the other skins but it got delayed for some reason.

I can't see much other reason to add the skin so long after the event.

Leezard

Mighty Jax is cool.

It's kinda low quality compared to modern skins but I still like it, it was the first cool skin that I never bought when it was first available since I thought I would never spend money on this game.

kenbo

Maybe that was the point though

Lamb and Wolf represents the duality within a person
it's like metaphorically they split themselves into good and evil but in the end they're still one person.

kindred is a spirit of death you know? hence why the ult prevents death (cos it's not your time yet) and the duality is of hunter/hunted and the passive/E is about 'this person is marked for death' theme

I guess the Malph skin was supposed to come out with the other skins but it got delayed for some reason.

I can't see much other reason to add the skin so long after the event.

well he does look bilgewater

yea i don't like them either, two boring skin lines imo

karma one is ok i guess

some people like armor ok

zkylon

zkylewd
kindred_by_rinrindaishi-d99t66q.png

srsly the fanart on this champion

Maybe that was the point though

Lamb and Wolf represents the duality within a person
it's like metaphorically they split themselves into good and evil but in the end they're still one person.
i mean, sure, but i think the duality concept is not well represented in kindred's kit.

it's like swain, he has like a pet bird he uses for a few spells, but it doesn't feel like two champions in one and doesn't feel anything more than a guy with a pet parrot

some people like armor ok
yea not saying the art is bad or anything, just super unappealing for me, at least in league context

like, maybe i'd be like cool if it i was playing dark souls but i like fun skins for league and generic heavy armor isn't much fun

Leezard

Rather than good and bad, I think it seems like Lamb represents pure reason without emotions and Wolf represents pure emotions. Both are just death, but they speak about it differently.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
um

don't ask

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

zkylon

zkylewd
yea I agree

zky Im just sayin maybe it is just one person

no swain bird, its just the kindred spirit of death

well i mean, i understand what u mean, but the way they're presenting kindred is as two characters ("they") and i feel like i was kind of let down cos i was expecting a much more interesting kit out of that concept

in general i think the kit isn't too exciting for me and i'm immediatelly rolling my eyes at the idea of jungle adc

we'll see

kenbo

I think the duality in a single body + communicating that kindred is 'them' and not lamb, would've been better expressed if they morphed between each other

e.g.
the 'body' - lamb slowly shifts into wolf gradually over 15s and then back into lamb over 15s and vice versa for the spirit.

however I understand that the current design lamb (body) wolf (spirit) is better for creating strong visual memory and is probably easier to pull off graphically (changing models wtf)

i mean, sure, but i think the duality concept is not well represented in kindred's kit.

it's like swain, he has like a pet bird he uses for a few spells, but it doesn't feel like two champions in one and doesn't feel anything more than a guy with a pet parrot
Yeah I agree if they wanted her kit to fit more into duality concept. You would make her have 2 modes or maybe like how karma is, where if you change modes one is more about healing a support and a mode for combat. Then she would be a support, like lulu where you can play her mid or top, but she is also a support.

kenbo

Yeah I agree if they wanted her kit to fit more into duality concept. You would make her have 2 modes or maybe like how karma is, where if you change modes one is more about healing a support and a mode for combat. Then she would be a support, like lulu where you can play her mid or top, but she is also a support.

a full set of damage skills
a full set of support skills

oh boy I cant see what will go wrong here

there's a good reason why most "dualities" so far are melee <-> ranged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom