• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

Thinking of returning after not playing the game for about a year now (missed last 3 characters).
who are the best 3 characters in every role right now ?

zkylon

zkylewd
speaking of sion, i wish i had payed more attention to which juggernaut items are strong and which aren't

i dunno which one to build on him, i feel like maybe that momentum one?

Thinking of returning after not playing the game for about a year now (missed last 3 characters).

as in most fun or strongest?

killatopak

Gold Member

This is my opinion and solo q only

-Gangplank
-Fiora
-Darius

Jungle
-Elise
-Master Yi
-Gragas

Mid
-Viktor
-Lux
-Azir

Support
-Janna
-Nautilus
-Alistar

ADC
-Vayne
-Jinx
-Graves or Ezreal (Ezreal is really good now with all the AD ratio buffs but Graves counters him well)

Edit: Looked up op.gg and statistically these are the best champs
-Darius
-Garen
-Fiora
jungle
-Amumu
-Wukong
-Skarner
Mid
-Malzahar
-Brand
-Lux
Support
-Blitzcrank
-Zyra
-Soraka
ADC
-Mordekaiser
-Sivir
-Jinx
-Vayne(if you don't include Morde)

zkylon

zkylewd
mind u that winrate isn't as good as their role position thing which takes into accout playrate also

so like mid would be lux ahri veigar instead of brand and malzahar since no one plays those, tho i'd probably rank annie over veigar since she's played a whole lot more

zkylon

zkylewd
analyze or feed didn't work, but baron replays works perfectly so gonna go with that, specilaly since lsi was so slow to start and was so overloaded with features i didn't use

also i forever love the fact that baron's replay site is called ahri.tw

that's the best

19 minutes in Team Builder waiting for a Support. Previous game I was Support to speed it up, then we spent 15 minutes waiting for a Jungler.

Drives me bananas.

Janna joined after 21 minutes! Then immediately left!!!!! I wish they would put a restriction on jumping Team Builder queues. So damn annoying.

Best Top/Bot/Mid/Jungle: Heimerdinger.
I hope you mean all these roles at once. Now that's a champ.

killatopak

Gold Member
She had a few changes to her plant ai. I guess it's also the culmination of other changes which gave her an indirect buff like the liandry buffs.

I don't know which was the bigger punishment for me buying Fiora: laning against a Teemo who can actually play him, or our 1/15 Zed. I tried hard to splitpush and often got two people defending against me, but the others still can't win. Nearly got their inhib tower early on.
05LVbfA.png

So whats the current jungle meta ?
start with camps before starting buffs ?
That depends. Normal solo Q stuff is Krugs/Gromp depending on what champion you're playing, first buff, then you have several options, you can go take Crab, first small camp, either recall for machete upgrade after the former 2 or go on with your jungling normally.

There's also double jungling which is kinda popular at higher elos but IMO that's a bit sketchy for most of solo Q.

patchday

19 minutes in Team Builder waiting for a Support. Previous game I was Support to speed it up, then we spent 15 minutes waiting for a Jungler.

Drives me bananas.

Janna joined after 21 minutes! Then immediately left!!!!! I wish they would put a restriction on jumping Team Builder queues. So damn annoying.

that's the best thing bout Teambuilder. You can escape bad compositions or heroes you don't want to play with.

Bacon

Drives me bananas.

Why are you waiting for a team to fill up? Just "dodge" over and over until you land on an already full team. I typically only have to wait like 30 seconds to get in a game if I'm playing support, adc, or jungle.

killatopak

Gold Member
My friend got demoted from Silver 5 to Bronze 1. I thought it was impossible since you had to have Bronze 5 mmr for that to happen and he started at Silver 4 IIRC so it was more unlikely. Looking at his win rate though, 29%, I guess it's no surprise.

I gotta teach him somehow. Looking at his runes and masteries is atrocious. Incomplete runes and just 3 pages for his masteries and it's either 30/0/0 or 0/30/0 or 0/0/30. No wonder people are stuck in bronze. No matter how good you are, you're still putting yourself at a disadvantage if you don't take care of the small things.

Edit: holy shit at his runes. 1 ad quint 9 ad reds 9 ad yellow and 6 ad blue. The second rune page is literally the same.

drawkcaB

I gotta teach him somehow. Looking at his runes and masteries is atrocious. Incomplete runes and just 3 pages for his masteries and it's either 30/0/0 or 0/30/0 or 0/0/30. No wonder people are stuck in bronze. No matter how good you are, you're still putting yourself at a disadvantage if you don't take care of the small things.

Yeah, at the end of the day LoL and MOBAs in general are strategy games. If people aren't putting thought into what they're doing in and out of the match they're going to have a rough time.

So whats the current jungle meta ?
start with camps before starting buffs ?

Depends on the champion and you're going to have to just try things out. There's few junglers that are genuinely in a rough spot right now, some just need more time put in to become effective than others. Just find a champion that fits your playstyle and learn it well.

Generally you'll want to start Gromp or Krugs and move onto the nearest buff camps, but that's also assuming you're getting a leash. If you're not getting a leash several champions have a better initial clear starting at wolves/raptors and saving the first smite use for the buff camp, but again that's only with no leash. From there just play it by ear. If you're playing a champion with good level 2 ganks (Lee Sin, Xin Zhao) then you can gank after the buff camp. Champions with poor pre-6 ganks can either continue to farm or grab river crab and put down wards at the opponent's jungle entrance.

zkylon

zkylewd
If a year ago someone told me those 3 champs are going to be the top picks i would have smacked him in the face.

wait until u hear of adc morde

My friend got demoted from Silver 5 to Bronze 1. I thought it was impossible since you had to have Bronze 5 mmr for that to happen and he started at Silver 4 IIRC so it was more unlikely. Looking at his win rate though, 29%, I guess it's no surprise.

Edit: holy shit at his runes. 1 ad quint 9 ad reds 9 ad yellow and 6 ad blue. The second rune page is literally the same.

i mean, better runes are not gonna save ur friend tho

league is mostly about making the right decisions in game and having the mindset to learn and inform yourself to be able to make those decisions

runes and masteries arent gonna change the fact that he afks farms top or he tunnels for the enemy 1 10 2 adc while yours is getting chased by malphite or that ge goes 0 5 out of lane while never buying any wards or that he picks zed who he's far from able to effectively play, etc.

takes a lot of fundamentals not to suck at this game, runes and masteries is a good start but i'm guessing that's probably the least of ur friend's problems :p

that's the best thing bout Teambuilder. You can escape bad compositions or heroes you don't want to play with.
Your face is a bad composition! But yeah. I'm okay with it a bit, but I feel like there seems to be waaay too much. Maybe this would get stupid complicated and you'd never find a game, but if people care about comp so much maybe they could add it so someone looking for a team builder game could specify what champs they'd like to play with?
Why are you waiting for a team to fill up? Just "dodge" over and over until you land on an already full team. I typically only have to wait like 30 seconds to get in a game if I'm playing support, adc, or jungle.
I have a friend I'm always playing with, so I can't dodge :(

i mean, better runes are not gonna save ur friend tho

league is mostly about making the right decisions in game and having the mindset to learn and inform yourself to be able to make those decisions

runes and masteries arent gonna change the fact that he afks farms top or he tunnels for the enemy 1 10 2 adc while yours is getting chased by malphite or that ge goes 0 5 out of lane while never buying any wards or that he picks zed who he's far from able to effectively play, etc.

takes a lot of fundamentals not to suck at this game, runes and masteries is a good start but i'm guessing that's probably the least of ur friend's problems :p
Words of wisdom. The best League players know how to look at every death as a learning experience. What could have I done differently? Was I in a bad position? Too aggressive? Not aggressive enough? What could I have done differently to turn it around? And they do their best to not die and focus their thoughts/anger on "what could have my team done better?" But instead on themselves. There is always room for improvement, and people have to learn how to learn.

This might be nerdy, but I've actually put a few sticky notes on my desk above my monitor to help me keep my focus. It helps me to remember the things I've learned in the heat of a tense match.

with all that ad hell out trade every bot in the game

ur just too noob to see it

Tizoc

I lost both my promo matches back to back all due to our Jungler.
Our first match, our WW didn't even finish their Jungle item and instead finished Frozen Mallet, why is this item still active Riot? Why the fuck haven't your removed it?

2nd game, our Udyr couldn't gank for shit, by end game he'd rage on chat how he's one of those champs that can't gank early. Doesn't help that our Top Mundo was feeding Garen, and they didn't even build Randuin first; they went straight into Warmog.

Terrible terrible games.
Won a recent match as Supp Leona though, enemy team raged on their MF by end game for some reason.

In my promos for like the 7th time and I got a yas mid please God. Let's hope he is ok at the game.
FUCK ME HE DIED TWICE AT 4 mins to a ez mid

When did Yas get so bad?! He used to be feared in mid (at least by myself). But at some point a swarm of terrible players got their hands on him, and I look forward to playing him mid as it is generally an easy win. I don't get it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Just had another AFK in ranked and I'm absolutely floored that there is literally nothing to help players stuck in a 4v5.

Type2

When did Yas get so bad?! He used to be feared in mid (at least by myself). But at some point a swarm of terrible players got their hands on him, and I look forward to playing him mid as it is generally an easy win. I don't get it.
Yasuo on enemy team. Script good wind walls, smashes lane.
Yasuo on your team 0-4 before 5 mins. Blames junglers after always using e forward with no minion wave to escape to.

Yasuo on enemy team. Script good wind walls, smashes lane.
Yasuo on your team 0-4 before 5 mins. Blames junglers after always using e forward with no minion wave to escape to.

Vayne on enemy team= 200 CS at 20 min, perfect mechanics, groups with the team.
Vayne on your team= AFK for the first 5 min, super toxic, farms decently, but refuses to group and use the earned gold.

Lee Sin on enemy team= TiP Rush's smurf
Lee Sin on your team= Person who just unlocked him because he saw a clip of TiP Rush doing something crazy.

Vayne on enemy team= 200 CS at 20 min, perfect mechanics, groups with the team.
Vayne on your team= AFK for the first 5 min, super toxic, farms decently, but refuses to group and use the earned gold.

Lee Sin on enemy team= TiP Rush's smurf
Lee Sin on your team= Person who just unlocked him because he saw a clip of TiP Rush doing something crazy.
lol. OKay. OKay. I can keep this going. Let me try....

Zed on enemy team = Appears wherever you are and murders you instantly. Laughs at your corpse. Haunts your nightmares.
Zed on your team = Dominates his lane early. Makes fun of enemy team in all chat. Dies to a gank from enemy jungler. Rages. Blathers about 1v1ing. Continues to tilt, slowly imploding like a dying star before turning all of his hate on his fellow teammates he refuses to group with.
In my promos for like the 7th time and I got a yas mid please God. Let's hope he is ok at the game.
FUCK ME HE DIED TWICE AT 4 mins to a ez mid
What rank are you? We should duo together.

Yeah I am always down to duo, I am silver 4 I just need 1 more game and I will be silver 3.
Nice. I have a duo partner I play a decent amount with, but there are plenty of times he isn't around when I'm down-to-clown. I'm Silver 4 at the moment as well, so we're pretty close. Feel free to add me sometime---VincentAlexander is my name in League (maybe a space in there...). I generally mid or support :)

Nice. I have a duo partner I play a decent amount with, but there are plenty of times he isn't around when I'm down-to-clown. I'm Silver 4 at the moment as well, so we're pretty close. Feel free to add me sometime---VincentAlexander is my name in League (maybe a space in there...). I generally mid or support :)
Ok I added you, I usually play jg, mid or top. My username is dontpanic3000.

Kenai

She's awful.

TP top meta hurt her worse than probably any support. She's an aggressive support whose good at damage and even waveclear and one teleport/hook is flash or die so she can't do what's she's supposed to most games.

I hope they do rework her passive to not suck. She's dangerous but doesn't lane too well against most champs and is almost certainly dead if she runs into the enemy while roaming (unless it's the enemy support or maybe not-fed ADC).

word to all those solo laners who keep trying to 1v1 people after they've lost

clearly you'll get them next time after they've gotten 20 items.

faridmon

Playing against a single Platinum player (while everyone else is Bronze/ Silver lv) is no fun

and its double unfun when that player is a Kalista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom