• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2dvd

I'm such a nervous wreck when I play ranked. I don't think clearly, overextend, I'm overly aggressive, and generally suck. I lose 3 ranked in a row then switch to normals and win 3 in a row. :\ Normal draft has better players for me than ranked..

I think you're letting it get to your head. Ranked is still like Normal in that you get a lot of ragers and afkers and what not but the level of comp usually tends to be higher and stick more to the meta.

Desaan

Has anyone been following the IPL Killing Spree? Mono eSports beat TSM 2-1 last night and are proving to be major upsets so far by beating a lot of top teams.

Tournament Format: Format & Prizes

Each week we will have a reigning champion playing against a brand new challenger in a best of 3, 5 vs. 5 on Summoner's Rift. The built-in Draft Mode will be used for picks and bans, with 3 bans per team. The first team to win 2 games will be named the King of the Hill or Champion and earn themselves $300 and the chance to play again the following week. If a single team wins three weeks in a row, they will start a Killing Spree, and will earn an additional bonus prize of $100 AND have a $100 bounty placed on their heads. Here's a hypothetical run that a team could go on:

Team A > Team B ----- Team A earns $300
Team A > Team C ----- Team A earns $300
Team A > Team D ----- Team A is on a killing spree and earns $300 + $100 (+$100 bounty)
Team A > Team E ----- Team A continues their killing spree and earns $300 + $100 (+$100 bounty)
Team A < Team F ----- Team F ends Team A's killing spree and earns $300 + $200

JesseZao

Not to diminish Mono's success, but TSM was playing awful yesterday; they beat themselves.

That regi rage isn't producing good teamwork.

Boken

Banned
Kings have to fall sometimes.

In other news, Fiora's voice clips: here

dat accent (not in a good way)
It's such a forced french accent. Electrastar sounds sexier.
Still buying her though.

Blizzard

Banned
Kings have to fall sometimes.

In other news, Fiora's voice clips: here

dat accent (not in a good way)
It's such a forced french accent. Electrastar sounds sexier.
Still buying her though.
The accent makes me think of a cheesy evil Russian lady accent. I'm okay with this. =P

Wrekt

Taric is so good. I don't even mind 0 CS meta as him. I also did a Sion/Taric kill lane that was friggen awweeessoooommmmeee

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Gotta love the crap people try to troll with especially in non ranked.

Buddy and I duo qued up for non ranked. As soon as we get in some dude auto locks Yi, and then proceeds to call out in chat midski. Then like the other 4 of us all at the same time type mid? Yeah we bailed before we even got that started.

Swig_

I just downloaded this game and it is awesome.

Are there are there any other ranged offensive-minded characters like Miss Fortune besides Ashe?

If you haven't played Ashe much lately, I would suggest playing her for a while. She's dirt cheap, fun to play, strong and will teach you to be a good player since you have to have map awareness and you'll need learn to avoid situations that will likely result in your death. She seems boring at first, but once you learn to use her effectively and you get some good items in the game, she can be a blast to play.

Vayne is a much different playstyle and Graves is pretty good/fun as well. I haven't played Tristana for a while, but she was decent when I did play her.

52club

Out of those ranged characters I find Cait the easiest to play. Unlike Ashe she has just enough range to make AOE spells less likely to affect her. Plus Cait's ult is going to hit somebody at least, versus Ashe's might be a complete miss.

Just had one of those fucking ridiculous 90 minute matches. We won though, so it wasn't soul crushing. Everyone just had so much money that would be all the elixirs and run around like Super Saiyans. I was Ziggs and I think I ended with around 1200 AP. It was kind of annoying though, because one of their guys went AFK. We would've won anyway, but the moment he disappeared, we just rolled through them.

We're so nice.

hugs for everyone

Yaaaay. Why?

If you haven't played Ashe much lately, I would suggest playing her for a while. She's dirt cheap, fun to play, strong and will teach you to be a good player since you have to have map awareness and you'll need learn to avoid situations that will likely result in your death. She seems boring at first, but once you learn to use her effectively and you get some good items in the game, she can be a blast to play.

Vayne is a much different playstyle and Graves is pretty good/fun as well. I haven't played Tristana for a while, but she was decent when I did play her.

I'm pretty sure Ashe is the tutorial character too, so you can practice playing with her :D

Others can't see.

Well that spoils the fun :(

Blizzard

Banned
Ahri feels underwhelming. Pretty fun, though.
Before she was nerfed (twice?) she was pretty amazing to judge from appearances. Even now she still seems quite strong mid, so it may just be a matter of getting used to her. For one thing, I think her ult dashes used to be a good bit closer together, and the overall ult cooldown was shorter.

AcridMeat

Banned
So after finding out first hand how awesome Riot is at customer support, I've found I'm pretty terrible with Rumble. Any suggestions?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
She's extremely powerful if you're good with her.
Everyone is good with Ahri.
So after finding out first hand how awesome Riot is at customer support, I've found I'm pretty terrible with Rumble. Any suggestions?
If you get on now I'll give you some pro tips. Biggest thing is properly ulting though and making sure you can hit as many people as possible and push the carries into uncomfortable positions.

Ferga

Sion/Taric lanes are annoying as fuck. Lockdown + burst.

This I need to see.

Jungle Kayle= One of the fastest jungling times

Tristana
Explosive Shot cast range increased to 625 from 600

I might be able to play tristana now because of this. I always ran too close to the other ad carry trying to shut down heals when i tried casting this. Its range is so much shorter than the auto attack range :S

Anddddd Fiora is French:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHFc60PUyq4

AcridMeat

Banned
If you get on now I'll give you some pro tips. Biggest thing is properly ulting though and making sure you can hit as many people as possible and push the carries into uncomfortable positions.
Yeah, I've already noticed it can make a huge difference in team fights depending on where it is. What about items?
they let u get him at 50% off?
He was just on sale, by the time I got the RP for him he was no longer on sale (a day late) so they deducted the RP and gave him to me.
I've never really had trouble using Rumble. My solo top Rumble is pretty beastly.
I'll keep this in mind.

I have a lot of IP so I'm thinking I'll just buy all the 1350 IP champs I don't have (I don't have many champs). Malph, Garen, Fiddle, Nasus, Trynd, Zil, Morg, Jax, WW, Sion, Teemo, Eve, TF, Janna, Mundo, Cho and Amumu.

Any I should skip?

Blizzard

Banned
I have a lot of IP so I'm thinking I'll just buy all the 1350 IP champs I don't have (I don't have many champs). Malph, Garen, Fiddle, Nasus, Trynd, Zil, Morg, Jax, WW, Sion, Teemo, Eve, TF, Janna, Mundo, Cho and Amumu.

Any I should skip?
I would say Eve and maybe Mundo and Fiddle are the worst of the bunch. Twisted Fate and Teemo might not be top tier, but as far as I know they're decent. The rest should be good. Fiddle can be fun and powerful and awesome, but in my opinion he's not as great as he used to be, and you have to be good at hitting people with his ult without getting owned.

AcridMeat

Banned

Any I should skip?

Bolded the ones I think are worth it.

I would say Eve and maybe Mundo and Fiddle are the worst of the bunch. Twisted Fate and Teemo might not be top tier, but as far as I know they're decent. The rest should be good. Fiddle can be fun and powerful and awesome, but in my opinion he's not as great as he used to be, and you have to be good at hitting people with his ult without getting owned.
Eve. Useless unless you play dom. Mostly still useless.
TF. Really high skill cap, mostly not viable.
Fiddle. Not a great jungler anymore and average in lane.
I heard the buffs helped WW a lot but he's mainly an unmovable object in lane.
Bolded the ones I think are worth it.
Thanks!

I didn't know that about Fiddle. I see a lot of people playing him.

You forgot to bold Nasus and Trynd :(
Yeah, I'm curious as to why not Trynd.

And I bought all the bolded ones except WW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom