• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
You forgot to bold Nasus and Trynd :(
Cn0ZC.jpg

Nasus can be countered easily and admittedly I haven't played Tryn since his nerf, but I barely see him anymore after the nerf. It's just a built in hatred of Trondfortmore.

My bolding started out as a "These are the ones you should play first." Out of that list, depending on the role, you should play Morgana, Malphite, Teemo, Janna.

So after finding out first hand how awesome Riot is at customer support, I've found I'm pretty terrible with Rumble. Any suggestions?

Standard Rumble is something along the lines of boots + pots -> will of the ancients -> sorc boots -> rylai's -> deathcap -> abyssal/zhonyas but its pretty flexible.

It takes a little time to get used to last hitting with Rumble because if you let the flamethrower bring creeps too low you will lose last hits to your creeps so you cant just point the flamethrower at the creeps all the time, you gotta get used to moving around and getting the last hits with attacks and E's.

Inskipp

Nasus can be countered easily
I guess that's true.... I rarely find an opportunity to play him nowadays. He needs to face a passive lane- opponent, so he can farm. And those are hard to come by.
Except junglers usually always have blue if they need mana.
Unless your mid doesn't use mana, every blue buff after the first one should be donated to your mid. It's one of the reasons blue-reliant junglers are less favored.

This change will simply make junglers less reliant on the blue buff.

Blizzard

Banned
I really need to start keeping track of how many champions are nerfed four weeks after they come out. "So we told you to use Ziggs Q, and he was kinda crappy in 5v5, but you're doing too well with his E, so we're nerfing that. YOU WILL USE THE Q LIKE WE TOLD YOU".

I really don't think Ziggs will become better in 5v5 after this, but maybe I'm wrong. Bleah.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yeah, I've already noticed it can make a huge difference in team fights depending on where it is. What about items?
Boots or armor start depending on lane. Pick up Hextech Revolver first. Then grab Rylai's. That's the crucial stuff. Then add Rabadon's, upgrade to WotA, grab an Hourglass, and an Abyssal Scepter in the order that makes sense for the game.

dimb

So I was reading something about Fiora and it brought up the numbers on her. Riot is kind of fudging them hard to try and make her viable. At level one she has the highest base HP in the game and tank levels of armor.

Fiona is a cross between Xin Zhao and Master Yi. Xin's E and Yi's R but with a shorter cd and duration. Only refreshes her E though. Her W looks like fun for 1v1 situations. Her stats on the wiki are way too high. The comments on that page even mentioned that its not her final base stats until the patch is released.

Fiona is a cross between Xin Zhao and Master Yi. Xin's E and Yi's R but with a shorter cd and duration. Only refreshes her E though. Her W looks like fun for 1v1 situations. Her stats on the wiki are way too high. The comments on that page even mentioned that its not her final base stats until the patch is released.

They are trying to avoid another Xin Zhao where he's a powerful 1v1 but melts otherwise.

I would be happy if Zhao had Graves' passive, mmhmm

7 game win streak with Wukong, holding strong

dimb

Someone posted their position when they get to pick in solo queue normal draft on reddit:
1st: 3

2nd: 2

3rd: 8

4th: 30

5th: 57
It's really kind of broken. Starting to hate playing it because it just feels like I'm pushed into the support role every single game.

Blizzard

Banned
Someone posted their position when they get to pick in solo queue draft on reddit:

It's really kind of broken. Starting to hate playing it because it just feels like I'm pushed into the support role every single game.
Isn't it supposed to work where the highest ELO people pick first? Though I guess you could argue that it should randomize it so that sometimes you're highest ELO and sometimes not?

dimb

Isn't it supposed to work where the highest ELO people pick first? Though I guess you could argue that it should randomize it so that sometimes you're highest ELO and sometimes not?
Not in Normal games. And groups of people are always stuck with the top picks.

Blizzard

Banned
Speaking of ranked, I just tried one today and had what was possibly my best Riven game yet.

riven_53qxar.png

The big saving grace for me was that the akali top lane was apparently quite bad. Mid gave two kills including first blood to Morgana almost immediately (even under a tower?), and I think they had fed 4 kills and were complaining about Morgana's sustain etc. early on. Bottom lane seemed to have been dying too, and I guess only Jarvan and I were doing well. It was scary. Anyway, we started focusing on getting morg and ashe first, and despite setbacks (alistar seemed to like walking into certain death, I guess we didn't understand an initiation...or losing baron buff and guardians angel and like two kills because jarvan chased akali down a lane away from a teamfight, and I tried to fight and died), we started coordinating better and getting kills.

I think I may have gotten two or three triple kills. <3

Also, just to reinforce, I really like flash on Riven. I may sometimes take too much turret damage or have it killed when I go back, and teleport could help me not lose out on XP top lane, but it is so nice to be able to flash-stun or flash-ult or flash-chase people in key situations, especially near teamfights.

Wrekt

Also, just to reinforce, I really like flash on Riven. I may sometimes take too much turret damage or have it killed when I go back, and teleport could help me not lose out on XP top lane, but it is so nice to be able to flash-stun or flash-ult or flash-chase people in key situations, especially near teamfights.

Flash wouldn't be the summoner spell I'd suggest giving up for teleport. Ignite really is overrated, imo.

dimb

Flash wouldn't be the summoner spell I'd suggest giving up for teleport. Ignite really is overrated, imo.
Yeah, Flash > everything, but Ignite is really strong actually. Loads of damage, still pretty much untouched for a long time while many other summoners got nerfed. It can help you win your lane top, and can really benefit certain champions. Flash/Ignite can be better than Flash/Teleport in solo games. If your jungler isn't picking up dragon then you should just be prioritizing winning the lane. Teleport isn't essential top, and I would imagine that's especially true for Riven who can run back to lane really fast.

Blizzard

Banned
Why the hell didn't you play like that when we played together?
Haha, ouch. I think it's my curse and I play worse when I'm on your team. :p

Also, solo top Riven is the vast majority of my playtime over the last like...month or two, and I seem to recall you like playing solo top, so maybe I gave you the role instead? Or maybe it's just the curse.

I hate to jinx it but according to my notes, I'm roughly 64% win ratio (31/17) for my last 48 games of Riven top. I think I used to be above 70% but I had some fail games. And a lot of those may just be teammates carrying me, but still, overall I'm semi-competent at Riven.

dimb

Graves still wins games. Best combination of heavy damage, mobility, and enough tankiness to live to be able to carry bad/mediocre teams.

Samyy

Graves still wins games. Best combination of heavy damage, mobility, and enough tankiness to live to be able to carry bad/mediocre teams.

If thats the case I've never played a good Graves :/
Anyway, I have 880 something RP, I want a sale Riot
angry.gif

edit: I should add I want a sale with some champs I actually want :(

I clearly missed out on Graves' ult when it was good. I always pretend I just don't have an ult when I play as him. His Q seems far better, weirdly enough.

Ferga

The big saving grace for me was that the akali top lane was apparently quite bad. Mid gave two kills including first blood to Morgana almost immediately (even under a tower?), and I think they had fed 4 kills and were complaining about Morgana's sustain etc. early on. Bottom lane seemed to have been dying too, and I guess only Jarvan and I were doing well. It was scary. Anyway, we started focusing on getting morg and ashe first, and despite setbacks (alistar seemed to like walking into certain death, I guess we didn't understand an initiation...or losing baron buff and guardians angel and like two kills because jarvan chased akali down a lane away from a teamfight, and I tried to fight and died), we started coordinating better and getting kills.

I can't see akali beating riven at all. There's so much aoe that akali's shroud isn't even worth the energy to bring out.

Soooo Fiora.... or another rune page for my supports

XeroSauce

So I was reading something about Fiora and it brought up the numbers on her. Riot is kind of fudging them hard to try and make her viable. At level one she has the highest base HP in the game and tank levels of armor.

What?!

How is her scaling then? She sounds like a better Riven at this point.

Uchip

Banned
Ynthrepic and myself have set up a chatroom for DominionGAF
join channel domdom, and we will probably be on most nights
we only do draft mode, because fuck rammus and wukong

dimb

What?!

How is her scaling then? She sounds like a better Riven at this point.
Her scaling isn't great from the number set that's out. She falls behind other champions base stats later on. I also don't think she'll have the impact on a team fight that Riven has.

dimb

His ult feels like a second buckshot with more range
That's all it really needs to be for me. I like it for picking up kills and initiating. It gives him some snipe potential that can't be blocked.

XeroSauce

Going to buy Malzahar because he has been so fun from the free week. I spent my IP on an actual AP Rune Page so he wrecks even more.

Is Nocturne viable anymore? I'm still looking into junglers and I like his kit, but I never see him anymore and I fear that he isn't up to par with other junglers.

Pjodor

Neo Member
Going to buy Malzahar because he has been so fun from the free week. I spent my IP on an actual AP Rune Page so he wrecks even more.

Is Nocturne viable anymore? I'm still looking into junglers and I like his kit, but I never see him anymore and I fear that he isn't up to par with other junglers.
If you look at Sonewalls tier list Nocture is a good jungler.
http://rog.clgaming.net/tier-lists/46-jungle/latest
But maybe there usually are other junglers to pick first.

He's good, just a little fragile at the start.

This was poseted sometime back and I have tested it and I have to say I really like it. I like the more clean ui style.
http://leaguecraft.com/uimods/56-perb-ui-0-37.xhtml
not going back to the original if I don't have to :p

Oh man, having your teammates next to the minimap is BRILLIANT

Ferga

Sadly there are alot better picks than nocturne.

HOWEVER.... there's nothing better than scaring the entire map when you press R.

Also hope that the supposed olaf buffs change his Q to scale well with bonus ad or he is going to stay useless and unviable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom