• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As and avid Kennen player Karthus is favored pre 6. After that unless you've made a lot of mistakes you should be able to stay on par with karthus. Any cs you've fallen behind early is made up quick with e -> w as long as you've got the right runes/masteries and enough ability power.

Boken

Banned
I don't see how pre-6 is Karthus favoured. The only thing he can do to you is push you to your tower, which makes him incredibly easy to gank. Post 6 isn't even par - you could go and kill him much much more easily than he you.

I don't see how pre-6 is Karthus favoured. The only thing he can do to you is push you to your tower, which makes him incredibly easy to gank. Post 6 isn't even par - you could go and kill him much much more easily than he you.

I find that my jungler's when i go up against karthus have been no help at all. So I guess if i had a competent jungler then yes Karthus is not a counter to Kennen. Good luck finding competent junglers though at low elo games.

Yeah I'd also agree that Kennen is strong vs Karthas. You can harass him with lightning rush into him for the combo and he's just not going to land his lay waste while you're rushing and you're not hanging around in the defile much so he's always going to take way more damage than you from the exchange. If you're trying to hang back and land shurikens then I can see how you'd lose but that's not the way to lane vs Karth as Kennen.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Yeah I'd also agree that Kennen is strong vs Karthas. You can harass him with lightning rush into him for the combo and he's just not going to land his lay waste while you're rushing and you're not hanging around in the defile much so he's always going to take way more damage than you from the exchange. If you're trying to hang back and land shurikens then I can see how you'd lose but that's not the way to lane vs Karth as Kennen.

That's naive.

A good karth isnt going to be wasting when he uses he stuff. If you can't nail you skill shots and make yourself annoying good luck just coming after him expecting a kill. There are strong ap types against karth in lower elos or normals good luck counting on character vs character play to be the defining factor. It's not matter of how you wish to lane if you put two people of good skill against each other it comes to down how can force the other to make mistake nothing more nothing less.

Also karth team fighting skills are highly valuable. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't seen how he can wreck a team worse than any can when most have no magical resistance. How many times have you seen teams blown a gank be low hp and then get double or triple killed, that adds up especially when karthus knows how to play well.

the game is situational and depending on how you queue trying to pin mechanics like that is how you get upset losses left and right.

Boken

Banned
I like how you ignored everything I said because I was right. Besides, we're talking about laning phase here and it's naive to think that some skill sets dont have advantages over others during laning phase.

That's naive.

A good karth isnt going to be wasting when he uses he stuff. If you can't nail you skill shots and make yourself annoying good luck just coming after him expecting a kill. There are strong ap types against karth in lower elos or normals good luck counting on character vs character play to be the defining factor. It's not matter of how you wish to lane if you put two people of good skill against each other it comes to down how can force the other to make mistake nothing more nothing less.

Also karth team fighting skills are highly valuable. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't seen how he can wreck a team worse than any can when most have no magical resistance. How many times have you seen teams blown a gank be low hp and then get double or triple killed, that adds up especially when karthus knows how to play well.

the game is situational and depending on how you queue trying to pin mechanics like that is how you get upset losses left and right.

Who you talkin' to?

Did I say otherwise to most of that shit? No. So who you talking to?

EXGN

I think Karth is a pretty weak laning champion in general. He's a big team fight and utility champion, and I think his laning phase reflects that. I've never really been afraid of a Karthus until he has Rabaddons and who knows what other big-ticket AP items.

And with Kennen... I honestly don't think anyone can one up him. He's probably one of the best picks right now, regardless of which lane you stick him in.

Feature

Banned
Fun game yesterday!

Went on a troll US ranked game with my friend. We told the other guys in the team we were going to hard push mid from the start till the end. I was AP pantheon and my friend was AD sona. We both had surge and revive. Our teammates decided to join us.

Full on assault from start, mid tower was down under 2 minutes. We continue to push and our corki starts raging because we were trolling saying he would feed on purpose. We convinced him we could win so he kept pushing with us and we ended up destroying them.

We had:
AP Pantheon
AD Sona
AD Shen
AD Corki
AP Kennen

other team ended up raging eachother and telling us to report everyone on their team :-D

MultiCore

Hype fight! Yall need to Kennen v Karthus 1v1 mid with gaf spectating!

Or at least post a replay. Best 3 out of 5.

Feature:
That seems like a fun game to be on the winning side of. However, consider that most players can barely make things work when everyone is trying to fit into their meta roles.
Many players rage hard enough when their teammates can't win their lane when things are going as expected; a match like that could make players expecting a normal ranked match flip their lids.

bjaelke

Did anyone see aaa - peculiar in the 4pl tournament? 80 kills in less than 30 minutes
KuGsj.gif

bjaelke

I'm sure it'll be uploaded soon. It was very entertaining because both sides were more focused on getting kills than they were on getting cs. Some of the lowest cs/min I've ever seen in a (competitive) game.

22lolteaminfighting.png

Our team spent the entire game yelling at each other. At one point we were down 9-18 in kills and someone started a surrender vote. Naut sat in the spawn point for a couple minutes hookshoting our spawn area while Volibear called him retarded. Then, somehow, we won a 5v5 when the other team had Baron, and since it was 50 minutes into the game, we pushed and won with all 5 people still alive.

But look at the chat afterwards, we won and they're still fighting. Unbelievable.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
tkXQu.jpg

I really hope people run these AD melee heavy comps a lot next week with the free champ line up being what it is. Lets me bust out the jungle Jax with no fear. Seriously start racking up loads of multikills during team fights with him where I'm outnumbered.

Also, dat triple scepter action.

Flare

Wonder if she's targetable during it.

edit: SHE'S MINE

Didn't they say she was untargetable or something?

Edit:
Instead, her Blade Waltz moves her from target to target at light speed, making her so fast that no spell or weapon can lay a hand on her during its duration.
From the reveal, doesn't explicitly say untargetable but I think it's safe to say she can't be hurt while using her ult.

Boken

Banned
So when is the champ spotlight??
Not released until wednesday nooo

Her HP bar disappears during the spell so I think it's safe to say shes invincible during it! Also seems like subsequent hits on the same target do only 33% of the normal damage.

Gonna build tiamat on her

Ferrio

Banned
Yay, time to dodge karth's ult!

Fiora, the Grand Duelist, is sharpening her blades on her way to the League of Legends. With all the buzz on the fields surrounding this new champion, we want to make sure conditions meet our highest standards for her big debut. Fiora’s arrival is now set for February 29. So stay tuned for more updates on when the battlefields will shut down for her arrival.

FUUUUUU

Feature

Banned
haha I played karthus for the first time yesterday. My friend was udyr and he was getting owned and he was fighting a yi 1v1. He got yi super low and died and yelled "FUCKKKK KARTHUS ULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLT" (I wasted my ult 30 seconds earlier) in a rage sqeeky voice! The picture of that black guy with "KARTHUS ULT!" on it flashed before my eyes and I couldn't stop laughing the rest of the game. My friend just got more angry from then on :-D

y2dvd

Played against some interesting team comp yesterday. This ad ali bot lane was surprisingly hurting a lot. Him + Janna + Naut = cc overload! Too bad it got to late game and our carry was able to do their job.

Next game, I pick Vayne as 2nd pick. Our last pick picks Teemo and bot lanes with me, neither with heal. He then fights me for cs. Getting trolled hard here. We were up against Trist and Kat and man was that Kat aggressive. I had to stock up on 3 Doran's Blade and skip boots just for the boosted stats. Bot was too aggressive though and got ganked several times mid game, and they wondered why with the pushing they were doing lol.

Another ranked game lasted 55 minutes and what a comeback. We were aced a few times, were behind on dragons, on baron, but we just kept playing D and patiently got our way back into the game. Tides could easily turn late game. That's why I also hate when a team wants to quit right after an ace.

Fiora hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom