• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
Don't worry Ferrio, Jenga is LoLGAF's number1 troll just look:

bought xerath and have been taking him for a spin lately

...now I see why he's relatively unpopular

outside of a great laning phase he's very fucking vulnerable in a teamfight. in a world where half the roster has a gap closer and everyone's packing flash, he just doesn't cut it. against enemy teams smart enough to not engage in a teamfight without xerath in sight he's just gutted

Yeah, 1500 range is really risky

XeroSauce

Hi guys, i want to play with nautilus for a bit but I don't know if I should build him full tank or a tank/AP hybrid to cause some damage, any suggestions?

Depends on the team. Nautilus isn't naturally tanky but he also isn't a very good AP character unless you can tank, so always go for a bit of health and defense first. Something like a Rylai's would probably work.

AcridMeat

Banned
Depends on the team. Nautilus isn't naturally tanky but he also isn't a very good AP character unless you can tank, so always go for a bit of health and defense first. Something like a Rylai's would probably work.

My win ratio with Nautilus when buying a Shurelyia's first is surprising. You can go with a Rod of Ages as well.

7FL5k.jpg

Rumble rapes Fiora sooooo hard.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Xerath is a cool guy, but it's true, he is vulnerable. Unlike other popular AP carries he just doesn't have the same level of escape or tankiness. When you look at the most popular AP carries they're all very mobile right now (i.e. Kennen, Ahri, Cassio, Ziggs, Vlad, Kassadin) or are able to make up for that with an inherent tankiness/survivability that lets them stay in team fights for extended period of time (i.e. Vlad again, Ryze, Morgana). Xerath is in a tougher spot, and his W winds up being his biggest issue. You want to activate it at max range, but losing all mobility means you can blow it when it isn't useful pretty easily, and it won't be around when you do. He also has no escape, and a stun that isn't really reliable enough to avoid danger for very long. You wind up putting all your eggs in the, "Don't notice me/reach me" basket.

I wish his W worked differently, because I like playing him. His matchups are kind of bad now too. Before I felt like only Cassio was really strong in lane against him, but then Ahri came out and she will wreck him if played properly, and Ziggs can really hurt him too. So when all of those champs are super popular in addition to potentially running into tough but not unwinnable lanes like Kass and Karthus it sort of feels hard to pick Xerath with any regularity.
Hi guys, i want to play with nautilus for a bit but I don't know if I should build him full tank or a tank/AP hybrid to cause some damage, any suggestions?
It's pretty annoying when people think they can run Nautilus top and build AP style. His strength is initiating and ganking, so build tanky.

Sardello

I'm starting playing with Karma, but it's very hard to let understand your team what a support is supposed to do and whic are hers abilities.

I heal mate champs during a team fight and they accuse me of Kill Steal --> "Hey, I'm healing you. I'm sorry the ability implies attacking also, but you couldn't survive!"

Same problems when I use her beam slowing enemy. They don't understand her healing power combined to slowing a half dead enemy and the huge power of the attack combined to the shield.

She is really overpowered, but team don't know her abilities :_(

Q8D3vil

a siege tank can withstand a lot of hits, xerath just die instantly.

siege tanks die against melee units like lings and zealots if they are close but pwned the shit out of them in long range.

xerath is the same, to play him you need a sick game sense and position to pwned your opponents.

dimb

oh c'mon she just came out like yesterday
She's pretty useless in terms of what she adds to the game. There isn't some deep locked away secret that people haven't figured out yet. Only annoyance is that her ultimate offers her invulnerability and loads of free damage, so she can really bait you if you don't account for it. Like new Jax she's not competitive for top lane really, so she'll wind up in the jungle if she gets played at all.

Ferrio

Banned
She's pretty useless in terms of what she adds to the game. There isn't some deep locked away secret that people haven't figured out yet. Only annoyance is that her ultimate offers her invulnerability and loads of free damage, so she can really bait you if you don't account for it. Like new Jax she's not competitive for top lane really, so she'll wind up in the jungle if she gets played at all.

Doesn't give her invulnerability. Aoe hurts her still.

dimb

Doesn't give her invulnerability. Aoe hurts her still.
Eh, you know what I mean. Not all champs have AOE attacks either that can be activated with no targets. It does make her even weaker to mage matchups though.

y2dvd

I just can't get 1 team who can actually last hit and play passive. 8 games in a row where every other lane lost in cs and kills. It just sucks

IMO, best chance of climbing back your elo is to call for ad range bot. They have such an important role to carry late game, so I claim it before anyone else so no bad player takes it. I've been averaging about 6-1 kills to death ratio lately with my carries.

Make sure you follow the rule where if you lose 2 games in a row, you either stop playing for the day, or stop playing for at least 2 hours. Otherwise you will end up with 8 games in a row where every other lane loses. :(

Yeah, if there was a terrible player on my team, I make sure I wait 5 minutes later before starting another match to avoid possibly teaming up with them again.

So Fiora underwhelming thus far?

Sardello

What? He was talking about Wukong.

Karma isn't worth talking about.

Maybe I misunderstood the sentence "he would be the just another Karma"... or Karma is really seen so badly?

She doesn't have big boobs, but you must go further the appearance.

Blizzard

Banned
bought the new champ, built 4 tiamats, boots and blood thirster ulted into a group fight. Her ult is so op.
The ult is like the main thing that looks good about her, and unless you're packing 40% cooldown reduction, it's going to be like 2.5 minutes early game, and potentially about 2 minutes between uses late game if you're using it whenever possible.

I guess I still want to unlock her, but I'm not expecting her to be very useful. Hopefully she's at least fun (is Ahri more fun?).

Blizzard

Banned
Maybe I misunderstood the sentence "he would be the just another Karma"... or Karma is really seen so badly?

I think Karma and Eve are generally known as the weakest/worst champions in the game at the moment, and it's not because of boobs or lack thereof.

When you look at the most popular AP carries they're all very mobile right now (i.e. Kennen, Ahri, Cassio, Ziggs, Vlad, Kassadin)
Pardon my ignorance, but how is Ziggs at all mobile? He has slow movespeed unless you build buff items, correct? His only ability that makes him mobile at all is the satchel, and unless there's some ultra fast low cooldown no-mana way to use it that I'm not aware of, you're unlikely to successfully be mobile with that, especially compared to the other people you mentioned with speed boosts, dashes, warps, or whatever.

dimb

Pardon my ignorance, but how is Ziggs at all mobile? He has slow movespeed unless you build buff items, correct? His only ability that makes him mobile at all is the satchel, and unless there's some ultra fast low cooldown no-mana way to use it that I'm not aware of, you're unlikely to successfully be mobile with that, especially compared to the other people you mentioned with speed boosts, dashes, warps, or whatever.
It isn't great, but it's something. Being able to pop up over walls can be pretty huge, and Ziggs doesn't have to root down or deal with the ult cast timers Xerath does (which also wind up rooting him down even more). I didn't mean to say he has the same mobility as the rest of those champs, but I feel he is capable in that area, especially with how long his range always is.

Wrekt

Oh the boobs don't bother me. I am the 1% of gaf that has no sexual affinity for cartoon characters. She just requires more farm than other supports to be effective. So you are either taking farm from your AD carry, you are less effective than another 0 CS support, or you are (likely) getting trounced by a traditional carry at mid.

Her kit isn't terrible, although it can screw up CS when casting heals. She just needs some love.

Sardello

I think Karma and Eve are generally known as the weakest/worst champions in the game at the moment, and it's not because of boobs or lack thereof.
But is it true weakness of the champs, or low style / model? Maybe noone grows fond of her because of the appearance.

Incredibly with karma I finish my games with stats like 4/2/24 with a plus/minus 2 in kills and assists. With other supports different than Sona i sucks.

I prefer not to mention how I badly perform with more fashionable champions (ww, master yi, jax, ashe).

I'm learning how to dominate with Karma, don't tell me that she is really so week according to the Lol community... why, why, Whyyyy? :_(

EDIT: Wrekt, maybe you are right. The real problem is that when I use her, for sure I have to "stole" some kills or some gold... but yeah. I'm not a Pro. In terms of fun she is great.

Blizzard

Banned
Fiora is ridiculous. That is all.
If she's ridiculously bad, that's too bad. If she's ridiculously good, that's great. If it's her ult that's good, it's unfortunate the cooldown is so long.

Why don't you give us some more detail like item/skill/damage/score stuff to help convince me to buy her? :p

Blizzard

Banned
She's easier to play than Riven =p
I still have like 64% wins with Riven over the last 48 games or whatever, so I guess we'll see how easy Fiora is. :X

Also I'm almost positive you were the Deionarra guy in the NeoGAF chat channel telling me all that Riven advice like months ago, and telling me I was a disgrace to Rivens everywhere, and then I was giving you crap because you hadn't even played Riven (maybe?). After all we've been through, now you're complaining about actually using her? :^P

Wrekt

I prefer not to mention how I badly perform with more fashionable champions (ww, master yi, jax, ashe).

I'm learning how to dominate with Karma, don't tell me that she is really so week according to the Lol community... why, why, Whyyyy? :_(

If it makes you feel better, the other champs you listed aren't top picks for their respective roles either.

If you do well with her, go for it. These little nuances in champion power don't really reveal themselves till really high levels of play anyway. A pubstomper champ can be borderline useless in tournament play and vice versa.

Ferrio

Banned
I like Karma a lot too, but she needs farm and lots of it to be effective. And usually supports get 0 farm. Only time I play her is if I lane mid with her.

As for fiora, I think she's going to run into the same problem as Yi. She'll get blow up too easy in teamfights to be effective. Just way too much CC for a melee carry to do well in this game.

Boken

Banned
I still have like 64% wins with Riven over the last 48 games or whatever, so I guess we'll see how easy Fiora is. :X

Also I'm almost positive you were the Deionarra guy in the NeoGAF chat channel telling me all that Riven advice like months ago, and telling me I was a disgrace to Rivens everywhere, and then I was giving you crap because you hadn't even played Riven (maybe?). After all we've been through, now you're complaining about actually using her? :^P

I was calling you a disgrace because you lost to Irelia at levels 1 and 2 - shouldn't happen, whether or not I had played her or not. I'm not simply complaining. I can play her decently enough. But shes hard to play very well. Very positioning dependant.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
people use olaf?

Olaf was already one of the strongest solo tops in the game and he just got stronger

I'd be playing him more post patch if everyone didn't instant lock to jungle him all of a sudden.

So I just play Panth top instead. (95% of players have no idea how to deal with Q harass. He's even more fun with so many people picking Fiora top, whom he just seems to straight up hard counter in lane)

No idea why both these picks are so uncommon top lane. They're so effortlessly dominating and strong when played correctly in most matchups.

Speaking of Fiora I bought her and I don't really like her.

I didn't like Riven initially though, and she's one of my favorite champs now. So I'll keep her on standby while someone else figures her out.

Blizzard

Banned
I was calling you a disgrace because you lost to Irelia at levels 1 and 2 - shouldn't happen, whether or not I had played her or not. I'm not simply complaining. I can play her decently enough. But shes hard to play very well. Very positioning dependant.
Riven is clicky and positioning is important. Even after playing her a bunch, I am probably not very good at getting the timing and click just right for jolting with the third Q shock when I occasionally need it (as in, you are running away and want to suddenly turn aroudn and Q them before continuing to run).

I like that you can use abilities without mana, though. That is probably my favorite part, along with the relatively low cooldowns. Boots -> brutalizer (then level 2 boots, then other stuff usually) is most important for me almost without exception, since life gets so much better with the brutalizer CDR and armor penetration.

Another important thing is probably how one uses her abilities. Some people mash everything at once, and I probably do that too, but especially with minions or if you are against someone who cannot trade hits for you, doing Q AA Q AA W AA etc. AA is good for keeping the flow of hits and damage and cooldowns going, like a combo.

I tend to go E->W dash stun a lot, but I know it has the downside of wasting your shield, so I feel like I should train myself to E->Q in some situations unless I figure the enemy is going to immediately run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom