• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XeroSauce

Olaf was already one of the strongest solo tops in the game and he just got stronger

I'd be playing him more post patch if everyone didn't instant lock to jungle him all of a sudden.

So I just play Panth top instead. (95% of players have no idea how to deal with Q harass. He's even more fun with so many people picking Fiora top, whom he just seems to straight up hard counter in lane)

No idea why both these picks are so uncommon top lane. They're so effortlessly dominating and strong when played correctly in most matchups.

Speaking of Fiora I bought her and I don't really like her.

I didn't like Riven initially though, and she's one of my favorite champs now. So I'll keep her on standby while someone else figures her out.

TBH Panth basically shits on most melee-based tops that depend on AA for damage. He falls off late game, esp if you tower-hug and give him no kills, but he is one of the few people I despise seeing on the enemy team when I'm Riven because he just destroys my damage output early game and has so much more range on me.

Macattk15

Came back after a long time off from playing LoL ... (SWTOR & DotA 2 ate my time) ...

Game still makes me sad.

Flash annoys the FUCK out of me ... why can't they just make it work like the blink dagger in DotA/HoN .... it's pretty bad when every fucking champion in the game usually uses it.

Last game I played last night .... I was Vayne with an Alistar support on bottom. I proceed to get fed to the tune of like 7/0 before shit starts going down hill. Our top lane Singed repeatedly died to Udyr 1v1.

I even made some BIG PLAYS like flash juking a chasing Malzahar and getting a kill on him after a sweet crossbow pin AFTER I killed Fiddlesticks and had basically 200 HP left.

End the game going 12-2-whatever ... still couldn't carry my team of Anivia, Malphite, Singed, Alistar and me .... due to how shitty everyone else is.

I did wreck the game before as AP Nautilus with some clutch ass Dredge grabs (nailed Jarvan with it as he threw his spear to hit his flag over a treeline, he didn't move at all, was so awesome).

I think I'm going to sell my shit.

Blizzard

Banned
League of Legends seems designed where if you are good with lots of kills, but your teammates suck, you will still lose. It seems to depend on your team doing well and the other team doing poorly.

And not only that, but then the team has to also do well in teamfights, AND the team has to kill more turrets than the other team. :(

It's not really a game that works very well with one good person. It's designed to be frustrating and give you lots of losses so you lose 50% or more of the time, spend a great deal of time doing so, but still keep playing because you feel like maybe you'll turn it around. :p

Macattk15

League of Legends seems designed where if you are good with lots of kills, but your teammates suck, you will still lose. It seems to depend on your team doing well and the other team doing poorly.

And not only that, but then the team has to also do well in teamfights, AND the team has to kill more turrets than the other team. :(

It's not really a game that works very well with one good person. It's designed to be frustrating and give you lots of losses so you lose 50% or more of the time, spend a great deal of time doing so, but still keep playing because you feel like maybe you'll turn it around. :p

I have no problem losing. But when I lose cause my team has bigger poopsmiths on it than the other team full of poopsmiths .... yeah. Annoying. In pub games for me it basically seems like whoever has the better worse people wins!

RAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
TBH Panth basically shits on most melee-based tops that depend on AA for damage. He falls off late game, esp if you tower-hug and give him no kills

Alot of people think that but I think panth scales pretty well into late.

Just can't build him like a Riven stacking bloodthirsters. I think with a Warmogs and maybe Atma's after rushing an initial BT he's still pretty strong in late along with a last whisper.

he is one of the few people I despise seeing on the enemy team when I'm Riven because he just destroys my damage output early game and has so much more range on me.

It's a tricky match but I think Riven is one of the few that beats him at level 5 or 6. Her stun burst combo is really strong as well.

Probably Udyr, GP and Olaf too.

Ferrio

Banned
pdxdubiinin @ lolforums said:
I use Twisted fates ultimate to help my enemy with blue buff.

I dont take it. But i want them to know i could have.

I so need to get Twisted Fate now....

or get Shen so I can teleport to my teammate and steal his blue.

VALKYRAY

Banned
I find her to be okay, her ult does a lot of damage yes but its on a long cooldown. Like Trynd, if I get CCed I am dead meat.

tryn can escape, his E is like kassadin's rifwalk. can close gap can escape with no cost.
fiora can only dash in, no dash out.

Ferrio

Banned
tryn can escape, his E is like kassadin's rifwalk. can close gap can escape with no cost.

Ya, if her dashes could target anything then I'd be a lot happier with her now. Pretty much if you fight with her you either win or die. There's no running.

Blizzard

Banned
Tryn's E goes through wall, yeah.

I thought that Fiora's Q was a skillshot, and could be used again with no mana cost to dash a second time. Is that not the case, or does it require a target the second time or something?

*edit*
Ferrio said:
Pretty much if you fight with her you either win or die. There's no running.
Sounds like she's a Game of Thrones champion.

At any rate, Ferrio's post makes me think that Q does indeed require a target. I guess I read something about hitting Q/autoattack lowering the cooldown, which made me think that Q was a skillshot and the mechanic was intended to reward you for hitting it.

It's a pity they couldn't at least make it like Renekton, who can go through walls to escape as long as he hits at least one champion with the first part of his dash, right? Can Fiora's dash even go through walls?

Ferrio

Banned
It's a pity they couldn't at least make it like Renekton, who can go through walls to escape as long as he hits at least one champion with the first part of his dash, right? Can Fiora's dash even go through walls?

Haven't tried, you'd need sight of the person on the other side of the wall to even do it. She stops at her target.

KageZero

I hope they will also introduce a new support hero soon and also the design and attacks of heroes should be a little changed. About karma i think that shes also a bit of underappreciated. She has shield, heal and a very good slow skill + the heal is a aoe skill so she can heal entire team in fight. Maybe they should change mantra, give it 3-4 instead 2 charges and she could become a viable support. Go Karma!

Ferrio

Banned
I hope they will also introduce a new support hero soon and also the design and attacks of heroes should be a little changed. About karma i think that shes also a bit of underappreciated. She has shield, heal and a very good slow skill + the heal is a aoe skill so she can heal entire team in fight. Maybe they should change mantra, give it 3-4 instead 2 charges and she could become a viable support. Go Karma!

Think one is coming really soon, they keep saying something about it.

And yes, they're planning to retool karma.

Ferga

Theres a new support coming in a few patches. Xypherous is making it.

It'll probably be the 3rd-5th champ thats going to come out

XeroSauce

Alot of people think that but I think panth scales pretty well into late.

Just can't build him like a Riven stacking bloodthirsters. I think with a Warmogs and maybe Atma's after rushing an initial BT he's still pretty strong in late along with a last whisper.

It's a tricky match but I think Riven is one of the few that beats him at level 5 or 6. Her stun burst combo is really strong as well.

Probably Udyr, GP and Olaf too.

Perhaps it's just me, but I have never won against a Panth top lane unless I get godly ganks, and I almost never see Panth making much of an impact late game. Maybe people don't know how to build him?

Boken

Banned
Ouch.

But seriously though, why is Olaf laughed at and mocked constantly?

Because people don't understand how strong he is. Brolaf is pretty funny though.

Also @ the people complaining that Fiora doesn't have an escape. I don't understand the mentality. Why must everything have an escape? "then realizing you made a fatal tactical error and have no way to bail out." You say that like its a bad thing. It's your fault you made the judgement error. There should be a place for no escape champions. And there is - when your entering the fight has such impact you shouldn't be allowed to leave. This requires you to make good choices as to when to enter fights. This isn't exactly xin zhao syndrome, since he had to enter the fights early to be the most effective. Fiora is a clean up champion with a disjoint. Use her wisely.

Ferga

Ouch.

But seriously though, why is Olaf laughed at and mocked constantly?

Jungle Olaf:
Dodge his axe = Gank avoided

Top Olaf:
Terror in lane but after that; Dodge his axe = You survive!

Noone knows what a good olaf can do so noone knows how to play him

broz0rs

Perhaps it's just me, but I have never won against a Panth top lane unless I get godly ganks, and I almost never see Panth making much of an impact late game. Maybe people don't know how to build him?

I'm pretty convinced from watching LoCicero and SmashGizmo streams that Panth has to played as a ranged carry late game. BT stacked HSS hits are some of the most terrifying damage I'd ever seen. The two mentioned streamers build him exactly as the popular Riven build.

bjaelke

Personally, I cannot wait for this day.

I find that Frozen Impaler is the superior item combo right now. It allows you to stick to your target as soon as you get in range. It's almost a permanent red buff without the DoT. And you don't have to wait for the Impaler before you also start doing damage.

Flare

I find that Frozen Impaler is the superior item combo right now. It allows you to stick to your target as soon as you get in range. It's almost a permanent red buff without the DoT. And you don't have to wait for the Impaler before you also start doing damage.
I agree. I just find Warmog's itself to be a stupid item. All health, no additional damage, expensive to build and stack, thus, time consuming.

On the other hand, if someone does get fed enough to build it really early (I'm talking laning phase), it becomes next to impossible to harass and bring them down without the help of more than one of your teammates (that is if the enemy still plays sensibly).

I think it needs be changed radically, if not completely removed from the game.

Regarding Atma's, I actually don't have a problem with it, they might need to nerf its AD/Health passive though. It's components give you useful buffs and it can be built pretty quickly. Might also be a little too cost effective actually.

/controversial rant

Sardello

Sorry for my always more and more noobish questions...

New champions are released on a regular basis or is something that goes randomly?

red13th

They changed it to a 3 week cycle in like November yo

According to the LoL wiki, Sejuani, Ziggs, Nautilus and now Fiora have been released within 2 weeks of each other.

Sejuani: January 17, 2012
Ziggs: February 1st, 2012
Nautilus: February 14, 2012
Fiora: February 29, 2012

They're probably back to a 2 week schedule I think.

EXGN

According to the LoL wiki, Sejuani, Ziggs, Nautilus and now Fiora have been released within 2 weeks of each other.

Sejuani: January 17, 2012
Ziggs: February 1st, 2012
Nautilus: February 14, 2012
Fiora: February 29, 2012

They're probably back to a 2 week schedule I think.

I think they are planning to hit a longer development cycle once they get to champion #100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom