• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you’re over level 6 and haven’t been banned from League of Legends in the past two months, you’re in line to receive 450 Riot Points as a gift from the co-founders and all of us here at Riot Games in appreciation.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/450-riot-points-awarded-nice-summoners

<3 Riot.
I saw this on the announcement forum just as he posted it. So I can finally get my reverse annie skin since its on sale too. The 300 extra RP is also an incentive to buy RP.

If you’re over level 6 and haven’t been banned from League of Legends in the past two months, you’re in line to receive 450 Riot Points as a gift from the co-founders and all of us here at Riot Games in appreciation.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/450-riot-points-awarded-nice-summoners

<3 Riot.

FINALLY!

Combine this with the 350 RP I had from a server outage a couple months back and I'm sitting on a cool 800! That's enough to buy a Morgana skin! If only she had some good skins. Probably get the cooking one...Or should I hold out in case they finally make a new one. I HATE DECISIONS!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Janna Skin, Here comes Skintoki!

Maybe I'll purchase the lowest amount for the additional 400...if my internet ever gets fixed. So I can pick up both

I thought Rammus was OP and then I started to play him. And yeah, he's OP. I've gone 6-1 with him. There is no counter to him. His taunt along with defensive ball curl is too strong. The duration of the taunt should be reduced.

He also gets an incredible amount of kills for a tank so it's easy to get gear and become virtually unkillable. And you can easily jungle him and his ganks are incredible. He has zero weakness.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Does Volibear eat WW for 1v1 breakfast?
If they just run into each other and start whacking away, I think Voli would win (assuming he has ult).

In a lane though, lanewick would probably outsustain Voli.

KaYotiX

Banned
I thought Rammus was OP and then I started to play him. And yeah, he's OP. I've gone 6-1 with him. There is no counter to him. His taunt along with defensive ball curl is too strong. The duration of the taunt should be reduced.

He also gets an incredible amount of kills for a tank so it's easy to get gear and become virtually unkillable. And you can easily jungle him and his ganks are incredible. He has zero weakness.

Thats why he is banned every ranked game :) (dont bother playing normals)

Blizzard

Banned

I wish I could do this. I think I even tried a build someone told me meant I would never die, with lots of armor and maybe sunfire cape and warmogs and everything, and I think I still got melted. XD Who knows what I was doing wrong. The ball can be blocked if people hide behind minions, unless you flash over them though. The taunt is only 1 second at level 1, but I guess the 3 seconds is very strong. I never realized it lasted so long maybe?

Anyway, GAF team just got trolled by a team with 5 heals and 5 CV's. They had kayle, usually with 1-2 other champions, roaming the jungle early. I went like 9/2/7 as teemo and soraka in my lane had kills too, but kayle was too strong and had something around 11/0/9. We didn't have much of a chance once they pushed by the end. We also only had one ignite and it was difficult to get around so many slows on the other team.

Ferga

All you have to do is kite around minions when a rammus ganks you. If he can't hit that powerball, you have a pretty good chance to get out.

I like playing Rammus as Morg just because I think it's hilarious when he's chasing after me and I stun him. I just imagine the Rammus getting frustrated as he spins faster and faster, not moving and I laugh. Not to say I often beat Rammus or anything. I just get joy out of that.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I thought Rammus was OP and then I started to play him. And yeah, he's OP. I've gone 6-1 with him. There is no counter to him.
Any kind of snare or stun. My personal favorite is laying down a Yorick slow ghost in the path of a Rammus and ruining his Powerball.

bjaelke

I saw this on the announcement forum just as he posted it. So I can finally get my reverse annie skin since its on sale too. The 300 extra RP is also an incentive to buy RP.
kaQb5.jpg

Janna Skin, Here comes Skintoki!

Maybe I'll purchase the lowest amount for the additional 400...if my internet ever gets fixed. So I can pick up both
The 300 RP bonus only applies to the first purchase, so maybe you should consider going for the $10 RP? It also includes another 80 RP for free. IDK, just if you ever want to purchase another skin. And who doesn't want to do that?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The 300 RP bonus only applies to the first purchase, so maybe you should consider going for the $10 RP? It also includes another 80 RP for free. IDK, just if you ever want to purchase another skin. And who doesn't want to do that?
Sadly I don't think I'll be able to log on, missing my chance.

Card Boy

Banned
So how often do 6300IP champs go on sale? I see Graves is 485 (i got 508RP), but i dont really want him.

Shyvana, Volibear, Wukong, Talon and Vlad interest me much more.

Or can someone convince me on Graves?

Ferrio

Banned

He's an awesome AD carry, if you need one he's a nice pick. Other than that... *shrug*. Also shyvana kinda blows hah

bjaelke

Sadly I don't think I'll be able to log on, missing my chance.
I think the offer lasts until January 10th. You should be back online by then?
So how often do 6300IP champs go on sale? I see Graves is 485 (i got 508RP), but i dont really want him.

Wukong was on sale 2-3 weeks ago. I also remember seeing Talon and Vlad at some point, but not sure about the exact time. Shyvana and Volibear are quite new, so don't expect them to go on sale right away. They have a sale each week for 3 different champions.

Graves is one of the most powerful AD carries in the game right now. I don't play him myself, but I know his one of the top picks/bans in tournaments.

Haly

Farmfest. Sucks.
Get kited. Sucks.
Baller on Dom and SR.
Nerf hit his sustain but still fun and bursty.
Sucks on Dominion. Don't know if he's still viable on SR. Would prefer AP nukers that can stun/snare and kill people.
Easy to play AD carry with:
1) Built in Armor/MR
2) Spammable AoE nuke with conditional high damage.
3) Long range slow/nuke that causes DARKNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
4) Dash that doubles as an AS steroid.
5) Long range heavy nuke that hits everything.

He has almost everything. Farming, survivability, mobility, kiting, burst, dps. The only thing he lacks is a hard disable.

Card Boy

Banned
He's an awesome AD carry, if you need one he's a nice pick. Other than that... *shrug*. Also shyvana kinda blows hah

bought. he better be good!

I only really got Ashe/Sivir/Corki as my AD edit: Ranged carries with TF/Kayle doing the hybrid stuff. I guess its time I invest in more AD.

Haly

Well you can discount Sivir entirely because she's still crap XD

Blizzard

Banned
bought. he better be good!

I only really got Ashe/Sivir/Corki as my AD edit: Ranged carries with TF/Kayle doing the hybrid stuff. I guess its time I invest in more AD.
Remember that Tristana is free with Facebook or whatever. As far as I know, Tristana, Vayne, and Graves are the top 3 AD carries for summoner's rift.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
As far as I know, Tristana, Vayne, and Graves are the top 3 AD carries for summoner's rift.
Most people have forgotten about Kog'maw, but I would group him with those AD carries.

Graves is an AD carry anyone can play well though.

Flayer

If you ever get given a skin when you dont have the champion, you get the champion for free :D

Riot's "sex sells" agenda now extends to their mechandise store:
USA_493_20_77_F_akali.png

Hngg. I'll buy 5!
The perspective on that photo is all terribly wrong. It's like she's a T-Rex with massive hands.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I feel like ever since the Nocturne nerf I suck with him. I think the fact that they reduced the range on his fear ability makes it a lot harder to get it off.

Wrekt

Finally had a really great game as Xerath. I really need to find a good way to control the camera as him. His range is almost too long.

EXGN

I wish I could do this. I think I even tried a build someone told me meant I would never die, with lots of armor and maybe sunfire cape and warmogs and everything, and I think I still got melted. XD Who knows what I was doing wrong. The ball can be blocked if people hide behind minions, unless you flash over them though. The taunt is only 1 second at level 1, but I guess the 3 seconds is very strong. I never realized it lasted so long maybe?

Anyway, GAF team just got trolled by a team with 5 heals and 5 CV's. They had kayle, usually with 1-2 other champions, roaming the jungle early. I went like 9/2/7 as teemo and soraka in my lane had kills too, but kayle was too strong and had something around 11/0/9. We didn't have much of a chance once they pushed by the end. We also only had one ignite and it was difficult to get around so many slows on the other team.

That game was the worst. Sucked trying to flip someone when the whole team could just CC me down.

evangd007

I like playing Rammus as Morg just because I think it's hilarious when he's chasing after me and I stun him. I just imagine the Rammus getting frustrated as he spins faster and faster, not moving and I laugh. Not to say I often beat Rammus or anything. I just get joy out of that.

The best part about playing against Rammus as Morgana is seeing the Taunt go down only to be met with *Spell Immune*.

When I play Rammus I always find Morgana and Vlad to be ungankable thanks to Black Shield and Trollpool.

Yea, Rammus OP. Whenever he's on the enemy team I cringe and hope he'll be a terrible player, and whenever I really want to win I play jungle Rammus and laugh. The worst is when your team insists on focusing Rammus through his W (because he's in front, duh!) while their Ashe with 1800 HP is murdering fools.

I don't know what made everyone suddenly realize, he hasn't been changed in a long time. Now he's nearly permabanned on streams. Jungle Regrowth + Pot into Boots + Philo, then usually get Heart of Gold for that 2nd GP5 and build from there. I like Randuins and Shurelyas on Rammus, with his W and the way you itemize from passive, Randuins lasts forEVER and Shurelyas lets your team keep up with your powerball initiate.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Yea, Rammus OP. Whenever he's on the enemy team I cringe and hope he'll be a terrible player, and whenever I really want to win I play jungle Rammus and laugh. The worst is when your team insists on focusing Rammus through his W (because he's in front, duh!) while their Ashe with 1800 HP is murdering fools.

I don't know what made everyone suddenly realize, he hasn't been changed in a long time. Now he's nearly permabanned on streams. Jungle Regrowth + Pot into Boots + Philo, then usually get Heart of Gold for that 2nd GP5 and build from there. I like Randuins and Shurelyas on Rammus, with his W and the way you itemize from passive, Randuins lasts forEVER and Shurelyas lets your team keep up with your powerball initiate.

It's another case where the game around him changed and so he changed with it. The mastery changes + jungle changes made him extremely viable.

His main weakness is burst damage AP, and if he tries to build magic resist it can split up his build. If the other team only has one AP though and he can get into mid/late game with some $$$ he's amazing. Great at tanking in team fights, and he can tank towers too. Plus if the AP tries to burst him and he has built up enough extra HP he can take all the focus and to long to kill so your team can nuke without worry.

His early game can kind of suck though especially against ranged in lane and when people use the minions as a barrier. He needs a lot of farm to get all his needed tanky items for late game so he became more viable via the new jungle.

PS: He's also pretty nuts in dominion mode as well.

Veritas_

:( got rolled in my last 2 ranked games.

Protip: if your team has no CC and the other team has alot. u prolly gon lose.

Something I've also found to be pretty true through all ELO brackets. I can remember only 2 or 3 upset matches where the team with significantly less CC managed to outplay the other.

That said, I really should look into picking up Rammus. My jungle game is weak and he would be a nice addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom