• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I don't think powerball is why Rammus is so great. It's taunt and defensive ball curl.

I would agree. Powerball is icing on the cake. It's his passive + items + defensive ball curl that makes me OMGWTFBBQ against ad. His taunt helps keep people in line too.

AD carry is a really hard, patient role. You have to be really good at last hitting. Ideally at 20m you have around 110 cs with an ad bot carry.

I would agree. Powerball is icing on the cake. It's his passive + items + defensive ball curl that makes me OMGWTFBBQ against ad. His taunt helps keep people in line too.

I disagree. Powerball is precisely what puts Rammus over someone like Amumu (who's excellent, but not god tier). It's of course still true that his W and E are great and have super-synergy, but his W and E are only that good because he has powerball, or else he'd have a hella tough time using his full taunt combo.

In teamfights powerball ain't that much, but it's what gives him the really strong and mobile early game to get there.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
In a meta that is unused to early roaming, Rammus' powerball gives him a mobility advantage no other champion can match.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I disagree. Powerball is precisely what puts Rammus over someone like Amumu (who's excellent, but not god tier). It's of course still true that his W and E are great and have super-synergy, but his W and E are only that good because he has powerball, or else he'd have a hella tough time using his full taunt combo.

In teamfights powerball ain't that much, but it's what gives him the really strong and mobile early game to get there.
Pretty much this. The strong mobility provided by Powerball as a one point wonder talent is pretty important to Rammus as a whole.
In a meta that is unused to early roaming, Rammus' powerball gives him a mobility advantage no other champion can match.
Junglers like Maokai and Shaco are probably stronger out of the gate now that they can cheese double buff so easily. Lee Sin and Nunu also have very strong early game ganks that I would consider on part with what Rammus can do.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Junglers like Maokai and Shaco are probably stronger out of the gate now that they can cheese double buff so easily. Lee Sin and Nunu also have very strong early game ganks that I would consider on part with what Rammus can do.
I was thinking more about travel distance, although I agree with Shaco, since he can leap walls.

I thought Nunu didn't benefit from the jungle changes as much as other junglers did?

Ferrio

Banned
So the other night I woke myself talking in my sleep..... about LoL. I said "Dammit Lux!" in my sleep... it woke me up and confused the GF.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I thought Nunu didn't benefit from the jungle changes as much as other junglers did?
No sustain jungler benefited from the new jungle, but Nunu is still a strong champ, particularly early/mid game.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Your forgetting Rammus has that OP passive that syncs with all the items he'd need to build anyways. So all of that armor means not only can he use his w and e, but all of that armor he can buy makes his late game dps shoot up. That's why the more APs he needs to buy MR for the better for the other team because he's not also stacking armor to sync with his passive and getting dual use out of his items.

Your forgetting Rammus has that OP passive that syncs with all the items he'd need to build anyways. So all of that armor means not only can he use his w and e, but all of that armor he can buy makes his late game dps shoot up. That's why the more APs he needs to buy MR for the better for the other team because he's not also stacking armor to sync with his passive and getting dual use out of his items.

It's very good (and very similar to Galio's), but the real point is Rammus' overall kit synergizes really well and that's what's responsible for how strong he is. And I think powerball is a huge part of that.

Ferga

I feel like ever since the Nocturne nerf I suck with him. I think the fact that they reduced the range on his fear ability makes it a lot harder to get it off.

I have a problem with seeing the fear leash now since its range is so small but i don't feel like he got any worse.

It was advantageous to actually see the leash animation but meh :\

what can you do

and i got my free rp!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I was thinking more about travel distance, although I agree with Shaco, since he can leap walls.

New jungle is about ganking. Seems like Nunu doesn't benefit, as much as the typical farm ones reduced. Making him more viable.

Nocturne's fear leash is still fine, the nerf was done in conjunction with the Flash nerf to allow people to still flash outta the leash. It does make him a bit weaker but he's still about where he was before (decent-to-great jungler).

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
10th win in a row with Ahri. People keep telling me she isn't OP though.

After one weeks of spamming her, I can say I win at least 70% of my games with her, which is a lot higher than any other champion.

If you excuse me, I just going to lie to myself and say she is balance, she is OP only because I am OP.

So I just hit Level 20 with 10000 IP to spare. Sweet Jesus those runes are more expensive than I thought.

I've been rolling an offense Lanewick which works fairly well for me. End items.
- choice boots
- Wit's End
- Phantom Dancer
- Infinity Edge
- Bloodthirster
- defense item (Thornmail/FoN/Bveil/GA)

My core items are choice boots, Wit's End and Vampiric Scepter, then purchase order depends. The idea was to for a very offensive character that will quickly win 1v1 fights with great sustain thanks to the super life steal. The big weakness is that I really have to survive an initial burst and I cannot initiate. I was gonna go for soley Arpen->Aspd runes (bought a few cheap tier 1s).

I tried Umashi's Lanewick build and it worked quite well for me too. I underestimated Warwick's passive; it still gave me decent amounts of sustain. Doran's Ring makes my early game so much easier compared to Boots+potions. The setup actually enables me to initiate more and I live a lot longer to support team fights.

The runes I bought were mostly from Umashi's but I used red Arpen instead. I'm down to about 3500IP.

Card Boy

Banned
My fav lanewick items are

Sorc boots
Mandres Razor
Wits End
Malady
Spirit Visage

Then either Sunfire/Thormail/Banshees depending on enemy team. Stack Magic Pen runes/masteries.

Dont laugh the build works.

vhfive

My fav lanewick items are

Sorc boots
Mandres Razor
Wits End
Malady
Spirit Visage

Then either Sunfire/Thormail/Banshees depending on enemy team. Stack Magic Pen runes/masteries.

Dont laugh the build works.

I have a pretty similar build except I take stark's fervor instead of malady. I start with a dorans ring then I usually rush bloodrazor (with getting boots somewhere in there) finish boots (either soc or mercs) then get spirit, then wit's end and then starks

Boken

Banned
Assholes will be assholes.

EDIT: Listening to Natsumiii's RioT Parody of "Santa Baby", Here: "RioT Baby" (she has the voice of an angel) I've come to realise that League is very popular with the ladies. And this is why Riot will always win.

I like Mpen reds and Sorc boots on lanewick to make sure his Q spam gets through on the targets where it can shine (beefy high HPs). Spirit Visage through early late-game until you need to max out and can replace it with whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom