• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Bonus Question: How does one counter Yorick besides not getting close enough to recieve a ghoul in the face and out-ranging him?

3 ways:

1. Before he has his tear, he has to be really conservative with his mana. If you have a high early burst champion you can pressure him well.
2. Cho. Yorick can't do anything against cho, and ghouls actually help cho. More of a stalemate lane.
3. Range character, and just be passive and farm. Yorick end game isn't too bad, and he really relies on his AD carry. If the AD carry on their team was shut down, then so was yorick's end game.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I highly recommend Tristana via the facebook- thing. She is an excellent carry in my opinion. Has a very strong early game (you can form kill-lanes with the right support) and can be devastating in lategame.

I've had her for a while, but she's really the only AD Ranged Carry I own. Like I said I never play AD Carry. I usually end up playing Sona/Soraka or else I go Mid/Jungle.

I smile everytime I see your avatar, Electra.

Then I think of,

195832_1903591159376_1529644854_32115538_6542101_n.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
So I tried Nautilus for the first time about 3 days ago.

Really regretting my Sejuani purchase. Is there anyone worse than her?
She really does seem pretty crappy, especially compared to Nautilus. I guess I'm kind of surprised she didn't get an early buff, but maybe it will happen later.

Ferrio

Banned
So I tried Nautilus for the first time about 3 days ago.

Really regretting my Sejuani purchase. Is there anyone worse than her?

She is literally the least played character. So much wrong with her kit.

Glass Cannon Fiora > Tanky dps fiora. Kiunch's build makes me gag!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Champions played less often than Sejuani according to League of Stats: Viktor, Zilean, Poppy, Orianna, Urgot, Karma, Heimerdinger, Evelynn. I see Dan Dinh trying to use her in competitive scrims, but he'd always wind up initiating super far away from the rest of his team and not being very helpful.

Gave jungle Fiddlesticks another try tonight. I just can't have fun with it though, way too mana intensive and the mana returns implemented in the jungle in the last patch are almost meaningless. Your choices are to spam abilities and have okay clear times and use all your mana or to just kind of...auto-attack.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Glass Cannon Fiora > Tanky dps fiora. Kiunch's build makes me gag!

Yeah, sure, based your build upon whether your enemy team know how to target. She already had built-in ad and attack speed, the only thing she lack is survivability.

Ferrio

Banned
Yeah, sure, based your build upon whether your enemy team know how to target. She already had built-in ad and attack speed, the only thing she lack is survivability.

Her ult is her survivability. Much like vayne, except her ult heals her to full if you build right.

Ferga

I played a draft team with a nice 4 man premade team yesterday at this exact time. I solo-Q today at the same time and i get queued with the same 4 people and they recognise me. Holy shit. Match making is epic shit.

Ferrio

Banned
So, after playing Fiora alot, I'm a fan. Still getting used to it, but so far I'm pretty consistent.
Modifying the build here or there, but it's pretty much revolves around three things.

1. a high damage item.
2. Some kinda life steal.
3. A last whisper.

Last game I went jungle, gave a first blood to top, and proceeded to gank a few lanes. From there I snowballed hard. In team fights I was pretty monstrous. Even with shen and leona on their team they couldn't take me down.

p0VA8.png

Somax

Yesterday I was playing a ranked as Gangplank against Yorick top.
It was quite a problem at the beginning, and then I realized something odd. If you kill a ghoul with the parley, it gives you the 2-8 bonus gold for the kill.
A little thing, but I don't know if it's a bug or working as intended.
(also, thank you Yorick for always using your ult on yourself, instead of ulting your Caitlyn that could do TONS OF DAMAGE, but died if we sneezed too hard on her)

bjaelke

I'll say it then. He's bad. And it's not just in this game (the scrim they just lost).

Well, he's not "bad" as in "ELO 500 bad" but he's certainly their weakest link. He doesn't really master that many top lane champions.

ElectraStar

I smile everytime I see your avatar, Electra.

Then I think of,

195832_1903591159376_1529644854_32115538_6542101_n.jpg

I smile every time I see YOUUUUUU!!! Yeah you didn't see that coming.

Also, poor Fiddle lol. Every time I play Karthus and someone tells me to ult, I imagine a burly office man at his desk, like so:
images

Not sure if I approve of that LoL-machine, though.

Dayum. Not a single shit was given by dat Kog'maw.

I played a draft team with a nice 4 man premade team yesterday at this exact time. I solo-Q today at the same time and i get queued with the same 4 people and they recognise me. Holy shit. Match making is epic shit.
Wow, how unlikely! You should either go play the lottery, or NOT step outside at all (you'll get hit by lightning)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Last night was a cluster. I got a couple of wins despite everything, but gosh dang.

So many AFKers on both sides. Got a win or two agains teams that were better than us purely because it was 5 on 4. Won a match where our team had an AFKer for the 1st 6 mins.

Plus so many unconventional match ups. People picking last with the need for an AD Carry to go bot and they pick Annie or someone calling Mid and then they pick Sona.

The whole night was just a cluster.

PS: I really suck, but I feel like I post enough in this thread I should try and play with GAF sometime. I worry about sucking so much in this game that my real life anxiety gets the best of me. Probably also why I've been lvl 30, and never play ranked. Anxiety gets the best of me.

I'll say it then. He's bad. And it's not just in this game (the scrim they just lost).

Well, he's not "bad" as in "ELO 500 bad" but he's certainly their weakest link. He doesn't really master that many top lane champions.

I believe at IEM Kiev (was that the last one?) he had the highest K/D ratio of any player in the entire tournament.

Boken

Banned
All I remember from IEM Kiev is TSM picking Irelia into Shyvana for the second time (and getting controlled).

K/D means very little, esp at tournament level play. TRM has an extremely passive and careful playstyle (in lane at least) - which leads to him getting bullied and losing lane more often than he should, but contributing to low death numbers.

Apollyon

Neo Member
Been paging over some guides for ranged AD carries to learn in the coming days. Sivir, Tristana, Graves are some of the ones I've been considering. Perhaps Vayne, but I've been told that she's really not worth the trouble of learning after her nerf.

Quick question about Rune selection: Between running a full set of ArPen or Damage Marks (Reds), which would be more effective on a generic ranged AD page?

bjaelke

All I remember from IEM Kiev is TSM picking Irelia into Shyvana for the second time (and getting controlled).

K/D means very little, esp at tournament level play. TRM has an extremely passive and careful playstyle (in lane at least) - which leads to him getting bullied and losing lane more often than he should, but contributing to low death numbers.
This. The only champions he can play somewhat aggressively with are Tryndamere and Teemo afaik.
Been paging over some guides for ranged AD carries to learn in the coming days. Sivir, Tristana, Graves are some of the ones I've been considering. Perhaps Vayne, but I've been told that she's really not worth the trouble of learning after her nerf.

Quick question about Rune selection: Between running a full set of ArPen or Damage Marks (Reds), which would be more effective on a generic ranged AD page?

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofleg...eason_why_flat_ad_runes_are_now_preferred_to/

Blizzard

Banned
So, after playing Fiora alot, I'm a fan. Still getting used to it, but so far I'm pretty consistent.
Modifying the build here or there, but it's pretty much revolves around three things.

1. a high damage item.
2. Some kinda life steal.
3. A last whisper.

Last game I went jungle, gave a first blood to top, and proceeded to gank a few lanes. From there I snowballed hard. In team fights I was pretty monstrous. Even with shen and leona on their team they couldn't take me down.
Hmm, that's almost EXACTLY the item combination I always go with for Riven (especially if you were building infinity edge). That makes her look a little more appealing to me.

Apollyon

Neo Member

Haha, now I just feel stupid for asking what was probably such a common question months ago. Thanks, though.

Edit (rather not make another post for this):
Does /ignore all turn off their pings as well? I'd want to keep that people unmuted for that reason.

I think it does disable their pings, too. But the last time I've had to ignore a teammate for spamming ping was so long ago, so I'm not certain on this.

Ferrio

Banned
Hmm, that's almost EXACTLY the item combination I always go with for Riven (especially if you were building infinity edge). That makes her look a little more appealing to me.

Ya I build her a lot like riven. Early game dorans, brutalizer, latern, or just straight into a BF sword->item if i'm getting fed. She's a lot more fragile though, so you have to pick your fights carefully. I'm still not comfortable laning with her, as I've been put in the jungle most of t he time. I also feel safter in the jungle, and can farm without being hassled. Unfortunately when I jungle I'm forced to go latern, which delays her damage... but does get her the inital life steal she needs.

What the deal with the sentence: "Its just a normal game" and then that person feeds enough for Africa. Why don't these people try their shit builds like AD Kassadin in bot games?

Ferrio

Banned
What the deal with the sentence: "Its just a normal game" and then that person feeds enough for Africa. Why don't these people try their shit builds like AD Kassadin in bot games?

Because even the shittiest builds work in bot games. If you want to properly test something, you do it against real people.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Fuck. Two ranked games in a row where some wiener on my team goes AD Sion top.

Ferga

So here is some theory crafting for countering poppy top:

1. get a strong early game character like renekton/olaf/morde and harass and don't let her get any minions. If she is on the same cs as you, once she gets sheen, you lose.

2. If somehow she does get the same cs as you, build banshee's veil asap so you can actually farm and not get Q'ed all day. I don't know whether you can stop poppy snowballing at this point though.

elazullizard

Neo Member
Oh god I simply hate my normal ELO right now. I've been on a losing streak lately and thus have sunk so low that most games don't even have junglers, so I often find myself fighting for CS bot lane.

Also, I've become enamored with the idea of maximizing Graves' innate tankiness with an Aegis. I know that it's not optimal at all, but I really can't trust anyone to help me unless I'm queueing with someone. So GAF, would it kill you to be AFK a bit less often? Thanks!

Blizzard

Banned
Nautilus may not be very good, but he has such an awesome voice. DO YOU HEAR THEM CALLING? *lumbers along magestically*

I was just lumbering around with a goth skin Annie and it was like Bioshock. I want to try that combo in a lane some time just to be funny. (it almost certainly wouldn't work since both of them need too much farm)

bjaelke

So Hanover is starting in just 24 hours. I feel somewhat sorry for you guys in NA. The first game starts at 3 AM EST :/ Opening game is CLG vs Dignitas. I also think Riot has something special planned for the fans. Maybe a show match, a new cg trailer or something journal inspired (they've already teased their final journal of justice).

http://www.esl-world.net/masters/season6/hanover/schedule/
Nautilus may not be very good, but he has such an awesome voice. DO YOU HEAR THEM CALLING? *lumbers along magestically*

I was just lumbering around with a goth skin Annie and it was like Bioshock. I want to try that combo in a lane some time just to be funny. (it almost certainly wouldn't work since both of them need too much farm)

I have played Nautilus as a support. Just like you'd play Blitzcrank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom