• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

105k viewers already
Phoenix lane udyr isn't uncommon. Yorick is actually a rather weak wave clearer - phoenix can put pressure on him while AOEing ghouls.
/theorymode

Hotshotgg should be able to push Yorick to the tower and teleport to dragon if he times it correctly.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
.Sorry, I don't think you get counter jungling at all... it has nothing to do with meticulous timing. Everybody can time the first blue - 7:58. Ok. The problem is the lanes. If wukong is losing, he is at tower and will be slower to reach the blue. Top, jungler, mid can go secure the blue and FN can't contest it
Timing is important to protecting your buffs. When your mid is getting caught out as they're heading to blue you fucked up. I dunno what else to say. They have to be in place and ready to take it, and there was another time where Nautilus sat on his smite even with Shyvana around because he wanted Ahri to take it.
what, gank a shen? what, gank a shen when your laner is already seriously behind? ok.
So gank the lane before there's time for him to get so far behind. You have to be some kind of threat to top.
I dont agree that they are free kills either. But if you cannot see the global pressure a shen who is dominating top puts on the map I'm not sure what to tell you. Wukong COULDNT respond by taking the tower of buffs, he was under the tower for almost all of laning phase. See shen coming and get out? They already used their stuff to commit to the fight. Down the target before he ults in? The shield is big and it is instant. Just don't fight the opponent? Passive play means you have already lost. Not withstanding that the opponent can go aggressive with shen to back them up
I get the pressure. Why commit to fights if you know Shen can go in then? Getting baited and pretending like you didn't realize Shen was in the game is just poor play. It's a long cooldown, that can be taken advantage of and there's no reason you shouldn't be able to push a lane while he's out. Shen is a good champion, but the idea that he is unbeatable and is overpowered just seems like a defeatist and rather lazy attitude. Look at Hotshot not even wanting to lane against Yorick.

Boken

Banned
Timing is important to protecting your buffs. When your mid is getting caught out as they're heading to blue you fucked up. I dunno what else to say. They have to be in place and ready to take it, and there was another time where Nautilus sat on his smite even with Shyvana around because he wanted Ahri to take it.
Timing is important, but at 7mins, shen was already much stronger than wukong and so if they contested it, they'd very likely lose
So gank the lane before there's time for him to get so far behind. You have to be some kind of threat to top.
Shen doesn't even need to be ahead to escape ganks so easily though. Dash and shield, bye bye. Wukong needs his 6 before he could support the gank and by then shen was pretty ahead

I get the pressure. Why commit to fights if you know Shen can go in then? Getting baited and pretending like you didn't realize Shen was in the game is just poor play. It's a long cooldown, that can be taken advantage of and there's no reason you shouldn't be able to push a lane while he's out. Shen is a good champion, but the idea that he is unbeatable and is overpowered just seems like a defeatist and rather lazy attitude. Look at Hotshot not even wanting to lane against Yorick.
As I said, never fighting your opponent means you've already lost. I wasn't saying it was impossible for wukong to push the lane when shen is gone, just that it would take very long - since he was at his tower initially.
Also. fucking clg. making the 4 way tie.

Inskipp

Looks like the last- second swap worked out. Was surprised to see how well Shen keeped up with the CS compared to Shyvana during the first 10 minutes.

Feature

Banned
Damn hotshotgg is annoying.

"trolled all day"... really dude? He probably already forgot his kiddy rage on the LoL forums.

Boken

Banned
I dunno why dblift isn't taking heal... there's almost nothing to cleanse on Fnatic's team.

Edit: I get it now.

Ferrio

Banned
You know, after playing fiora this week I'm finding that having an AD carry and AD ranged carry on the same team is extremely strong. I guess a high aoe team would nullify it, but having that much damage split among two people is nuts.

bjaelke

Where are they playing? Why are they always playing while I'm at work? D:

Hanover, Germany. Really fits well with my schedule
3AQmK.gif

Somax

Damn, why do they play during afternoons?
I'll be always at work... stupid same timezone.

I saw the list of games in the national_esl1 archive, are the other games archived somewhere else?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Damn, why do they play during afternoons?
I'll be always at work... stupid same timezone.

I saw the list of games in the national_esl1 archive, are the other games archived somewhere else?

They are at Cebit, and expos like this are closed at night.

red13th

Replays, where are our goddamn replays Riot.
I'm glad that CLG and Dignitas did well, SaintVicious and scarra deserve it IMO.

red13th

scarra is such a nice guy, he looks just like a friend of mine who went to school with my brother-in-law and he picked Mordekaizer #1 in Brasil hue hue hue, lots of respect.

Blizzard

Banned
His mana isn't infinite (he has to hit the blue card and he can only do that so often), his stun isn't infinite (it lasts like, 1 second, and can only be used once his card goes off cooldown, right? and he has to hit the yellow card), and his ult isn't global. =P

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
How mord is not a counter to Shen? Mord has a shield.

Mordekaiser's spell cost health, and he doesn't have any sustain until he managed to farm 1.2k gold. Mord also forced to push the lane if he want to heal or charge his shield, open yourself for early jungle gang.

Who dies twice to jungle minions? I DO....:(

There got it out of the way before acrid posts the vid of my epic fails. Though we still won and my only redeeming moments were when I saved GP twice...maybe just once. Thought that butterkogfly is a monster.

EXGN

Yorick.

It's why CLG put Shen to jungle at the last minute againt aAa.

I wouldn't even say Yorick counters him. Shield should be able to mitigate most ghoul spam, while he can use Q to heal. If anything, it just becomes a farm lane.

Boken

Banned
RE: Yorick v Shen
The lifesteal ghoul comes out almost instantly so it's pretty easy to bait shen shields. Another problem is that ghouls waste ki strike procs (unless you just ignore them...)

Feature

Banned
played shen for the first time since his buff yesterday. He's fucking OP. I could take down 2 guys in a lane by just spamming my A constantly on them till they were very low. then diving them.

Ferga

played shen for the first time since his buff yesterday. He's fucking OP. I could take down 2 guys in a lane by just spamming my A constantly on them till they were very low. then diving them.

spamming A? Did you mean Q?

You're playing a slightly nerfed overbuffed Shen. He was even tankier before.

Boken

Banned
Strong/safe pushers beat shen. Shyvanna, Udyr, Nid.
Many high level players expect Olaf to beat Shen.

IEM has begun.

12:40
Group B - Round 3.1: Team SoloMid vs. Moscow 5
KEY MATCH
3 hrs from now

bjaelke

Strong/safe pushers beat shen. Shyvanna, Udyr, Nid.
Many high level players expect Olaf to beat Shen.

IEM has begun.

12:40
Group B - Round 3.1: Team SoloMid vs. Moscow 5
KEY MATCH
3 hrs from now

He beats a lot of people in top lane right now.

Also, M5 have been on a decline lately. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't make it through the group stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom