• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Three ranked games in a row, there has been at least one person afk/disconnected. This last game, cho disconnected (and unfortunately came back) on the other team, and my team had apparently afk gangplank sitting in lane behind the turret for a few minutes.

Then later once the turret went down, he was sitting there AGAIN, like a foot from the same position as last time, and possibly didn't even notice the turret go. Shaco on the other team later like, walked up to him, was confused for a second, and started killing him.

Then gangplank and nocturne might have been afk in spawn later, though they said they were waiting on items.

I know no one probably cares, but it makes me sad. =P

I feel your pain. I was on a 4v5 team twice today. We actually won the first game 4v5. Then the next game, I went 22-6 and lost because our Morgana left. The other team only had one person go positive, but when a game lasts really long, eventually anyone can catch up because the gear plateaus. I'd rather play poorly and lose than play well and lose. Somehow that hurts less.

Blizzard

Banned
I feel your pain. I was on a 4v5 team twice today. We actually won the first game 4v5. Then the next game, I went 22-6 and lost because our Morgana left. The other team only had one person go positive, but when a game lasts really long, eventually anyone can catch up because the gear plateaus. I'd rather play poorly and lose than play well and lose. Somehow that hurts less.
I absolutely agree. If I'm doing really badly, okay that's my fault and I know I can do better. If my team is doing badly and it's funny and people are laughing on Mumble, it's all good.

But if I have one of my best games ever and still lose because someone disconnects, that really sucks.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Thoughts on new item?
It's really good against certain comps. If you need MR but still want to build damage it's great for that. I personally feel that it helps quite a lot, as AP mid seems to be the most important role up until very late game hits and AD carries can really kick in.

I've seen other people complain that being an AP caster are in a hard spot now between this and the blue nerf. I think these people are crazy, and it's a role I always see filled as soon as possible in champion select. Casters are supposed to have an item that helps them deal with tanky characters in the pipeline, so who knows how things will shake out in the coming months.

Blizzard

Banned
This was only the beginning of the WORST DAY OF LOL for me. Sad thing is we were winning that game then he says "GTG, BRB" 15min later "DEFEAT"
I feel your pain, I've lost 100-200 ELO in the last day or two. I think the last four ranked games were:

1. afk/disconnect?
2. afk/disconnect?
3. win, everyone stayed
4. crushing the other team like 16-2 or something, then 2-3 people on my team start lagging, I was freezing for 30 seconds at a time, by the time everyone mostly stops disconnecting and lagging out, we lost most turrets and the game, especially since everyone was engaging or facechecking bushes with 1-3 people (the eternal rule of ranked, people will never ever stop wandering alone without wards)

*edit* LOSS FORGIVEN. Thank you Riot, it's a known issue. :D

Mandoric

Banned
So, hey.

I'm Sona main / Sona ONRY wondering what to do in the new patches.

What do I do to be a bot DPS's support slave 1-3, deadly DPS 3-8, support the rest of the game now?

Avinexus

So, hey.

I'm Sona main / Sona ONRY wondering what to do in the new patches.

What do I do to be a bot DPS's support slave 1-3, deadly DPS 3-8, support the rest of the game now?

Although I have no idea what you are trying to say, you still play Sona the same way as before. Max Q first if winning lane, W first if losing.

Ferga

Hmm trying out TF AP mid. I need to find some ap heroes i'm good at >.>

I'm decent with grag and ryze but I'm still pretty bad at them

Hopefully TF will be the answer to my ap mid problem

Edit: First game: 13/4

:O I think i've found my mid

y2dvd

It's really good against certain comps. If you need MR but still want to build damage it's great for that. I personally feel that it helps quite a lot, as AP mid seems to be the most important role up until very late game hits and AD carries can really kick in.

I've seen other people complain that being an AP caster are in a hard spot now between this and the blue nerf. I think these people are crazy, and it's a role I always see filled as soon as possible in champion select. Casters are supposed to have an item that helps them deal with tanky characters in the pipeline, so who knows how things will shake out in the coming months.

What's the blue nerf?

ElectraStar

So I know that 95% of GAF doesn't care that much about dominion (unless it's ARAB, of course), but I've been trying to figure out who to play on that map, and have finally found my flavor of the week: Katarina!

Southern and I were tearing shit up last night; I'd garrisson their point, he'd ult in as Wukong and knock everyone up, and I'd ult in to clean up. Worked almost every time! It's fun to play her without the pressure of playing AP Mid in SR (I'm a terrible mid, plus if you pick her in draft you are sure to get countered); plus in dominion, people stay clustered at the points, which works pretty well for me. It also helps that Southern is so pro at this dominion stuff <3

Hmm trying out TF AP mid.

Wow, I'm impressed. I find TF to be so difficult to play!

Although I have no idea what you are trying to say, you still play Sona the same way as before. Max Q first if winning lane, W first if losing.

Thank god they brought back her Powerchord.

Ferrio

Banned

Karthus. Help lanes without leaving home!

ElectraStar

Karthus. Help lanes without leaving home!
I miss playing Karthus D:

Maybe I got the points mixed up but say RP is the points you can earn in-game to buy free stuff with and IP are the points you spend actually money for. If a character was 6300 RP and that was equal to the highest IP cost for a character, how much actual money did you spend for that character?
What's up with the riddle-speak, bro?

XeroSauce

So I know that 95% of GAF doesn't care that much about dominion (unless it's ARAB, of course), but I've been trying to figure out who to play on that map, and have finally found my flavor of the week: Katarina!

Southern and I were tearing shit up last night; I'd garrisson their point, he'd ult in as Wukong and knock everyone up, and I'd ult in to clean up. Worked almost every time! It's fun to play her without the pressure of playing AP Mid in SR (I'm a terrible mid, plus if you pick her in draft you are sure to get countered); plus in dominion, people stay clustered at the points, which works pretty well for me. It also helps that Southern is so pro at this dominion stuff <3

Champs I found hilarious on Dominion:
MF
Graves
Gangplank
TF
Lux, surprisingly
Ahri surprisingly as well.

ElectraStar

Yeah, the one game that we lost, I was getting crushed by an MF. DAT MOVEMENT SPEED, YO! I'll try Graves next time.

I also used to play Karthus, but his ult is too long and he gets too squishy after a while.

Blizzard

Banned
I also saw a MF abusing movement speed yesterday against a melee lane. MF used to be almost universally crappy, with Kiunch or whoever playing her, getting 400 minion kills, and still not having any damage. But lately she seems better.

garath

I also saw a MF abusing movement speed yesterday against a melee lane. MF used to be almost universally crappy, with Kiunch or whoever playing her, getting 400 minion kills, and still not having any damage. But lately she seems better.

MF is becoming my favorite AD champ. I tend to favor strong early champs in general and try to establish an early lead with harass and MF fits that role pretty well. Her poke has a good range and leveling up her Q leads to some quick early damage.

I'm still only level 20 and the normal games at that level don't really lend themselves well to passive farming.

LCGeek

formerly sane
MF is becoming my favorite AD champ. I tend to favor strong early champs in general and try to establish an early lead with harass and MF fits that role pretty well. Her poke has a good range and leveling up her Q leads to some quick early damage.

I'm still only level 20 and the normal games at that level don't really lend themselves well to passive farming.

I never been a fan of early game champs most decent teams wait them out and then take mid or late game vs them. Mf with a decent team that has taunts and the like can be ungodly her with galio or a nunu is mega disgusting if they are smart.

Ferga

I wreck dominion with Evelyn. Don't think i've ever had a game where I wasn't first. I don't even play the backdoor Eve. I play the kind where I kill everything I see. Love how noone buys oracles or those stealth reveal items in dominion.

She works well now because they nerfed the hell out of all of the top AD carries

y2dvd

Man I feel out of zone right now. Just playing terribly all around. Got stomped by a Singed top. What characters stomps on him?

Sona's power chord dmg makes me happy again. :')

2th

Banned
Just had a troll yi on my team go top vs kennan.. of coure he failed miserably. then he starts counter jungling and getting CS like a beast. and well Yi is Yi, you let him get an IE and PD and you have no armor on your team then yi will win.

THe best part of the game though was my boss jungle rammus. I even got to troll some with the Maw of Malimortous in my build since the other team was mostly magic damage. 200AD rammus with just an aegis and chain vest and NOT in defensive ball curl is hilarious.

I dunno if TF is the answer to any problems but he's definitely my favorite mid so far. Actually favorite overall champion. It's just easier than normal to do stupid things with TF.

If I can get better with Veigar, he might be my champion of choice. I really enjoy farming wraiths with a w->q combo... but his button spam combos are really intimidating. Whenever I stun a guy I feel like I have about 30 things to pop. W Deathfire Q R Q Ignite go!.

Ferga

Erghghghgh why do i always have to find my counters in ranked games.

The slightly buffed jax beats poppy :(
Can't outrun the stun and it hurts a lot when he gets it off.

LCGeek

formerly sane
GAF inhouse = Sitting in lobby for 20 minute waiting for the 10th....

Always :(

Sorry I haven't been around in ages post a good time for meeting up and I will try to bring some balance in again. Just haven't been playing it too much until the last few days.

Pirabear

Banned
Should I worry too much about the champion I choose? I've heard numorus stories about how people would rage even before a match starts because a team lacks support, junglers, etc. I've taken a liking to mainly ranged characters (trying Vayne and love her play style) and not a huge fan of meat shields. Do I simply need to be "good" with everyone?

AcridMeat

Banned
Should I worry too much about the champion I choose? I've heard numorus stories about how people would rage even before a match starts because a team lacks support, junglers, etc. I've taken a liking to mainly ranged characters (trying Vayne and love her play style) and not a huge fan of meat shields. Do I simply need to be "good" with everyone?

It helps to be familiar with each type of role and it's true the traditional roles being filled and played correctly will lead to more wins.

HOW-EVER, I really dislike having to switch at the last second when someone else decides they want to solo top not jungle or go ad ranged instead of AP mid.

edit: In normal/blind it really isn't a big issue though.

KKRT00

Not before lvl 30 and even on lvl 30 with randoms its just... random. I had yesterday a game where people got and locked Shen, Udyr, Wukong and Volibear ...

Pirabear

Banned
It helps to be familiar with each type of role and it's true the traditional roles being filled and played correctly will lead to more wins.

HOW-EVER, I really dislike having to switch at the last second when someone else decides they want to solo top not jungle or go ad ranged instead of AP mid.

edit: In normal/blind it really isn't a big issue though.

Just to clearify, what would be the "correct" roles in your average game? Support, tank, jungler, range/carry and mage? Thanks in advance.

AcridMeat

Banned
Just to clearify, what would be the "correct" roles in your average game? Support, tank, jungler, range/carry and mage? Thanks in advance.
Typically, but the tank role can be interchanged with just having tanky-DPS characters (top bruisers).

Really I've found if you just have a character that can synergize with other parts of the team you should be fine.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Typical format is support/ranged AD bottom lane for dragon control, AP mage mid to take advantage of the extra levels and low gankability of mid lane, a jungler to take advantage of the extra experience available through jungle creeps and ganks, and a good top laner, who has good survivability and sustain to hang in the lane. Top lane can be more flexible, allowing you to run an extra mage or a melee damage champion.

Complete meta is -

AD carry with support bottom
AP carry mid
Bruiser with high sustain top
Jungler

The only real deviations we see these days are the rare Leona/Jarvan bottom lane, double AP (top lane becomes a sustain AP like Vlad), a roamer thrown in the mix (like the big purple cow), and every once in a while, double jungle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom