• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Them #1: Why did you do that you're a troll!
Me: I'm 16/8 and we're winning this dominion game 100 to 25 and even though you're pissed you died because I left you I just got a double kill and capped top.
Them #1: TROLL
Them #2: YEAH TROLL
Me: No, trolling would be deliberately throwing the game by by going afk because now I hate you both and want to piss you off.

THEY LOSE BY 20 POINTS AFTER I GO AFK

Me: LULZ

FIN

Never shit on your own teammates.
Duder, it's you and not them who is the problem here.

some guy wanted to trade accounts with me, he was lvl 30 and searched for a 20-25 account, he wanted and account with no ranked matches.

i declined but was this legit or some sort of scam to get my account? mind you i told him that i haven't entered my cc information or real stuff.

Blizzard

Banned
So I noticed Riven and Singed owns me top. I need to learn how to fight those characters.
Who do you play? I don't know about singed, but if it's 1v1 top lane, cho, gangplank, yorick, or a good yorick should shut down riven. Talon or anyone else with a silence, or vlad, or morgana might also work.

dimb

Who do you play? I don't know about singed, but if it's 1v1 top lane, cho, gangplank, yorick, or a good yorick should shut down riven. Talon or anyone else with a silence, or vlad, or morgana might also work.
He only wants to play the matchup as Poppy.

Blizzard

Banned
He only wants to play the matchup as Poppy.
Oh, as someone who mains Riven, my advice is not to do that.

If you must go Poppy versus Riven, I guess get mercury treads and try to wait until the stun goes off farming minions, which will give you a chance to possibly dash and hit. Or, if Riven is playing conservatively and gets close to walls on their turret side, you might have a chance to stun. Most everyone has more HP than Riven.

Blizzard

Banned
Ranked is just making me sad now. I went jungle pantheon, got a quadrakill, went 15/7/16 and we still lost. A single mistake loses the game almost every time -- 2-4 turrets and inhibitors go down so fast. :(

Ferrio

Banned
Ranked is just making me sad now. I went jungle pantheon, got a quadrakill, went 15/7/16 and we still lost. A single mistake loses the game almost every time -- 2-4 turrets and inhibitors go down so fast. :(

Panth isn't a carry and starts to lose a lot of effectiveness late game.

dimb

1)Play a real jungler.
2)End the game early if you take early game champs.

Blizzard

Banned
Supposedly pantheon is a great 2k ELO jungler, and I'm clearly a great 2k ELO player.

What suggestions are there for good all-around junglers who can carry the game and are unlikely to be banned? I am trying to save up 6300 IP to try to learn Lee Sin again. When I tried him before, he seemed like the most difficult champion I had ever played, and I was unable to do damage except with his ult. But, I would like to give him another chance if he is still good.

Ideally, I would like to have two ultra strong not-usually banned junglers who can carry almost every game so I can choose between them in case one is banned. =)

Blizzard

Banned
I don't own Shyvana either, but I suppose I -could- try Alistar with mobility boots. I just want 1-2 champions who are good and pseudo-carry-capable in ultra low ELO games.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I don't own Shyvana either, but I suppose I -could- try Alistar with mobility boots. I just want 1-2 champions who are good and pseudo-carry-capable in ultra low ELO games.

once you get used to alistar. you end up loving him. don't worry about mobility too much, i myself like to build cool down boots with AP/Tanky items but then again, i am only level 25.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Jungle:
Lee Sin
Udyr
Shiv
Nocturne
Master Yi

My buddy jungles the 1st two a ton when we duo quo, and he does well. I like Noc a lot, but it's not as easy as when he had the longer leash on his E.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Jungle:
Lee Sin
Udyr
Shiv
Nocturne
Master Yi

My buddy jungles the 1st two a ton when we duo quo, and he does well. I like Noc a lot, but it's not as easy as when he had the longer leash on his E.

i love shaco as a jungler. he doesn't even need leash. but hes so hard to jungle with, it takes alot of practice.

Blizzard

Banned
Yep, Shaco is almost always banned at low ELO (and I'm not good with him). I don't think I own Lee Sin, Shyv, or Nocturne. I -might- own Udyr. I'm still planning to get Lee Sin when I get 1000 more IP or whatnot.

What? Seriously? Shaco gets banned because he's one of the best jungle gankers and he can solo dragon and counter jungle hard. Not many junglers can do that if any. Low level to mid level people won't be able to stop Shaco if he knows what he's doing.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
What? Seriously? Shaco gets banned because he's one of the best jungle gankers and he can solo dragon and counter jungle hard. Not many junglers can do that if any. Low level to mid level people won't be able to stop Shaco if he knows what he's doing.

oh common. how many people actually know what they're doing when playing shaco.

Feels good = carried a 4v5 game as Vayne, 28/7/9. Chased by Amumu and fed MF, killed MF, bro Ashe stunned Amumu from across the map, I kill Amumu too.

Feels bad = replay corrupted. It just crashes on the loading screen. :(

Blizzard

Banned
yea, i don't get the big deal. i mean yea, he can play some mean mind games, but besides that he just like any other char. i get the reason to ban karthus but not shaco.
There are plenty of bad Shacos, but against a good Shaco, it's just not worth the risk that your team can't handle him, ESPECIALLY at low ELO.

Ferga

Leblanc is in the same situation as panth though. She's gotta dominate so hardcore early game that they just give up.

Difference is that Le blanc can actually win games because her ganks are real strong. Go bot and 2 shot the ad carry = free dragon

Panth has that early game but if your opponent is smart then they'll just dodge the ulti. Panth ganks aren't that good too unless they run straight up to you for a stun.

You can play Sion or Akali. A lot of the high elo players played these 2 champs in the beginning of season 2 to easily win and get a high placement on the elo ladder. The reason is that they can easily secure kills when junglers gank and can snowball very well.

2FGZ6.png

Poppy too good

Supposedly pantheon is a great 2k ELO jungler, and I'm clearly a great 2k ELO player.

What suggestions are there for good all-around junglers who can carry the game and are unlikely to be banned? I am trying to save up 6300 IP to try to learn Lee Sin again. When I tried him before, he seemed like the most difficult champion I had ever played, and I was unable to do damage except with his ult. But, I would like to give him another chance if he is still good.

Ideally, I would like to have two ultra strong not-usually banned junglers who can carry almost every game so I can choose between them in case one is banned. =)

Udyr, Skarner, Lee Sin are probably your best bets.

There are plenty of bad Shacos, but against a good Shaco, it's just not worth the risk that your team can't handle him, ESPECIALLY at low ELO.

This.

I am not really afraid of that many champs in this game in solo que, but of the ones that I am I'd rank them like so:

1.) Shaco
2.) Kassadin
3.) LeBlanc
4.) Rammus

Any of these, in the hands of a good player, will proceed to crap all over your team.

Shaco is only an issue if you can't get to the late game or he managed to give his team all the kills, but he can make at least two members of your team useless with constant ganks.

I hear a few weeks ago that Shaco is really popular with the Korean players for this reason.

y2dvd

I usually cho top. I don't see how he shuts either one down. Go in for last hit, riven gets all 3 q's on you and stuns or singed just toss you into poison. I guess I should go for Regrowth Pendant as a starting item but man they can zone me out. I will probably pick up Kennen for these two match ups.

In other news, last game I carried as Sona going 8/1/20 lol. I'll say it again, dat power chord!

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
This.

I am not really afraid of that many champs in this game in solo que, but of the ones that I am I'd rank them like so:

1.) Shaco
2.) Kassadin
3.) LeBlanc
4.) Rammus

Any of these, in the hands of a good player, will proceed to crap all over your team.

Shaco is only an issue if you can't get to the late game or he managed to give his team all the kills, but he can make at least two members of your team useless with constant ganks.

I hear a few weeks ago that Shaco is really popular with the Korean players for this reason.
smh at karthus not being number 1. and good karthus can change the flow of a fight so easily.

Blizzard

Banned
You can play Sion or Akali. A lot of the high elo players played these 2 champs in the beginning of season 2 to easily win and get a high placement on the elo ladder. The reason is that they can easily secure kills when junglers gank and can snowball very well.

Poppy too good
Teach me to play poppy! =(

I don't own Akali (or Skarner for the jungle suggestion). I do have Sion though, and I actually used to play a good bit of AP mid Sion. Would you suggest AD Sion top instead? I played with a couple of GAF people yesterday and he went against Shen top, ended up being able to do virtually anything he wanted since he had 585 AD and the ludicrous ult lifesteal, and we were not generally able to burst him down quickly enough.

And thanks for another Lee Sin vote, lazor. I shall plan to learn him next.

*edit*
I usually cho top. I don't see how he shuts either one down. Go in for last hit, riven gets all 3 q's on you and stuns or singed just toss you into poison. I guess I should go for Regrowth Pendant as a starting item but man they can zone me out. I will probably pick up Kennen for these two match ups.
As much as I hate giving anyone advice against Riven, even I, who don't play Cho much, went Cho top when I had to lane against a Riven, and I seem to recall shutting her down in lane.

I would say start shoes or doran's ring, though regrowth does sound good for philo stone. For the first three levels just play passively until you get all of your abilities and a reasonable amount of mana. Then try to hit Riven with a Q or a W. It's even better if you get to the level of the bush so you can do Q silently. Landing the Q is great, but it takes a lot of mana early so do not spam it too much unless you can kill some minions with it if you miss Riven.

A big thing is to bait the stun and/or silence her before she can do it. Silence is the #1 awful thing for Riven since everything depends on her abilities. A second thing is to have merc treads so it only lasts like 0.35 seconds or whatever. A third thing is to remember that you are Cho'gath and will end up having like 1000 more HP than her by level 6-10, and ideally by the time you get rod of ages you may simply be able to walk into her turret and kill her with the ult.

Zissou

karthwincmjhj.png

Just got my first penta! Didn't even do it with my ult. Everybody just stood around my dead body for some reason. Feels good man.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
So I noticed Riven and Singed owns me top. I need to learn how to fight those characters.

For Riven, you'll need a ton of armor. Get a bunch of armor runes and start cloth armor/5 potions. Poppy is surprisingly effective with a full armor runepage against Riven.

Singed needs to be beaten up early. If you can't do it alone, you'll need a jungle gank. Keep pressure on him hard whenever he tries to get farm. He's really weak early and the list of champions he can 1v1 is short. If you can deny him early farm he'll be pretty useless (that is, until you ignore him to go do team objectives and he sits top and farms all day anyway)

In other news, last game I carried as Sona going 8/1/20 lol. I'll say it again, dat power chord!

Cho'gath's got the best sustain of all the solo-top champions. He'll turn any match-up into a farm lane. Pretty difficult to win your lane outright, but even harder to lose.

Blizzard

Banned
Are Madred's really that effective against champions with high magic resist? It seems to me like you would need madred's and void staff.

I like Cho'gath, but my problem with him as a tank is that his stacks punish him for dying, which kind of lowers your desire to charge in and tank all the damage since it's going to take you quite a while to build the stacks back up.

It feels a bit odd to me, like Taric with his passive that encourages autoattacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom