• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uchip

Banned
how can someone go through draft pick and then afk the whole game
its like they want to make you suffer that little bit more

XeroSauce

We already have two items that do it. Make the AS slow half of the MS slow.

Problem solved.

Yea but they are expensive, are integral to the item, and can't be aquired/used at all times in comparison to a moving attack speed nerf champion. I'm not trying to say it's bad, but just imagine the hate it'd get.

Blizzard

Banned
I also don't recommend support Gangplank.

Just had two depressing ranked games. The same guy was in each one, the same person didn't talk the entire time, they went AP sona the first time, apparently ignored everything anyone asked them, went Ashe the second time after we already had Sona, and was disconnected the first several minutes of the first game.

Both games, bottom lane had almost exactly 50% of the entire team's deaths, and the other 2 lanes were basically doing fine even with the deaths since we were killing or pushing etc. :(

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Fuck ya rammus free week, time to try out the rolly son of a bitch.

Even post nerf he's still great. I know everyone loves him with his ganks post them redoing the jungle a few months ago, but even beyond that I still say he's one of the best just late game tanks. He's tops in the banned list for games I play though.

PS: Wish he wasn't banned as much as I love my Bowser skin. :(

Alright LoL-GAF,

I humbly come to you in full admission that I suck hardcore at mid 9 out of 10 times. Part of my problem I think is I just suck at mid and/or with AP champs. Part of it is I've just not found a "go to" champ for me for mid. That means a lot of the time I just pick Veigar and play like a pussy for the 1st idk 10 levels or so.

The 3 main mid champs I own are Veigar, Karth, and Annie. Should I maybe try someone else? Kass and Morg always get banned in my games so they are out of the picture. I thought I'd like Anivia, but I've tried her a couple of times during free weeks, and despite my initial thought of wanting her to be my go to I just never liked it.

I've got like 5,000 IP so I can probably easily buy whomever I want either straight up now or if I wait a week to hit 6,300 IP.

What should I do GAF? Just get better? I feel like I'm good at playing passive, but that as the AP mid I should be doing waaayyy better than just passively camping at my turret. I also feel like late game I don't do enough DPS mainly because I feel like I'm uber squishy in team fights.

Hell me Obi-Wan LoL-GAF you're my only hope!

I'd say Karthus should be perfect for you because he can just play passive and farm his arse off and still be useful to the team by laying down ults and his passive kinda counters the squishy dps thing, but you already have Karth so idk. What was your problem with Karth?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'd say Karthus should be perfect for you because he can just play passive and farm his arse off and still be useful to the team by laying down ults and his passive kinda counters the squishy dps thing, but you already have Karth so idk. What was your problem with Karth?

IDK I feel like Ferrio said earlier. I just don't really feel like I'm doing a lot of help for either lane, and I'm not exactly pushing my lane either. I'm just to scared I'm going to get ganked. Then in team fights he seems decent, but everyone knows to just run out of his range when I die. Plus his ulty takes so long to channel when your actually in a full on 5v5 showdown.

Ferrio

Banned
IDK I feel like Ferrio said earlier. I just don't really feel like I'm doing a lot of help for either lane, and I'm not exactly pushing my lane either. I'm just to scared I'm going to get ganked. Then in team fights he seems decent, but everyone knows to just run out of his range when I die. Plus his ulty takes so long to channel when your actually in a full on 5v5 showdown.

He's right though, karthus can sit and mid and still throw fights for bot/top. Long as you have good map awareness. Also use your ult when they start the fight, not to finish someone off (unless needed).

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
zy0GD.jpg

I should've taken Surge/Promote.

Ferga

Oh dilemma! Do I buy battle regalia poppy, wait for the scarlet hammer one to go on sale or wait for one of those seasonal skins.

Most shameful loss ever?

Hands down, losing to a team that ran AP Lulu mid and jungle Soraka. My team wasn't going to win anyway, because we all did terrible, but that was just the extra slap on the face.

dimb

Most shameful loss ever?

Hands down, losing to a team that ran AP Lulu mid and jungle Soraka. My team wasn't going to win anyway, because we all did terrible, but that was just the extra slap on the face.
Pretty sure AP Lulu mid as at least somewhat legit.

Blizzard

Banned
Lulu mid or top should work until the point in time when people get massively damaging ults and Lulu gets a shield. Maybe it works on defense, but it's not something like flash-ulting with Malzahar.

dimb

Nevermind what I said earlier. Fuck Warwick top. Still think he sucks in teamfights though. Doesn't seem like hard lane to counterpick at least. Actually probably wouldn't have been that bad if I knew he was good against Nasus in lane. Thought I was counterpicking him but nope.
I consider it about as legit as jungle Lulu. But that might be stubbornness speaking.
I've seen a lot of people say she works better as a mid than a dedicated support.
Lulu mid or top should work until the point in time when people get massively damaging ults and Lulu gets a shield. Maybe it works on defense, but it's not something like flash-ulting with Malzahar.
She pops her ult, breaks the Malz ult and gives her target a good amount of the damage it would have done as HP.

Sardello

Fuck ya rammus free week, time to try out the rolly son of a bitch.
Rammus is my favourite champ. His taunt is the most powerfull utility of the game in my opinion.

Yesterday I had a great game laning with teemo. We ended with 19/4/21 and 21/8/18 scores respectively. The match had a glorious moment when the two teams engaged a fight near the Baron. I survived till the end, but at last, when I was facing Twitch, the Baron was hitting me also.

DOUBLE ACE.

Awesome.

1 and half minute of chat between the two teams :D

I felt really good after this match mainly because previously I had my worst Lol game with Vayne... 1/12/3. I felt so ashamed :_(

Ferga

yay urgot is free! looks like its time to stop my poppy for a bit

huh. Anyone remember my Qing story from last week where i met with the same premade team 2 nights in a row at the same time? Happened again today and they still recognise me.

Oh Lol. You make me smile sometimes.

Wrekt

Ryze, Ryze, and more Ryze.

The problem with that, is Ryze requires a fairly specific rune page that isn't viable on literally a single other champ. He only has 3 AP mids and 4800 IP so he's not exactly sitting on a surplus of expendable income for +mana runes. You still have a ton of other options that work better with a generic AP mid rune page if you don't want to spend the IP.

Kog'Maw is mostly played as an AD bot but he is vastly underrated as an AP mid, and the flexibility to go AD makes him really versatile.

Malzahar isn't really viable at the high end but he is a pub stomper at the lower levels. His ability to CS while playing really passively sounds like he would fit your playstyle well.

Vlad falls off late game imo, but he has great sustain and fits into top lane well, giving you a bit more flexibility with him. Just rush a WotA. It's absolutely required on him.

Morde can snowball out of control if your opponent doesn't know how to lane against him. He's a weird AP mid, but an effective one.

Or you could think outside the box a bit and take Talon mid. Depending on your other lanes, you might be too heavily stacked towards AD. He counters a lot of traditional mids though, and has some great escape tools.

y2dvd

I was about to argue that would also be the case with Warwick. He can't peel or taunt or do much of anything after he ults right?

Ah but wait, he does an incredible amount of damage.

Lovin WW lately. Even with one CC, he tanks, sustains, and deals so much dmg anyways. Went top against a GP and he was trying to aggressively harrass me but with tank runes and masteries and Q, I was able to win the exchanges.

How viable is support GP?

Speaking of GP, in an unrelated game, this support GP did absolutely terrible. Might as well go a better version support in Nunu.

I'm 13 points away from reaching 1600 which would be a new achievement for me lol. Hopefully, it only takes one more win!

dave is ok

aztek is ok

Twisted Fate. You know you want to.

dimb

Free Swain week sucks. It's like people's brains ooze out of their ears the instant they pick him in champ select.

Blizzard

Banned
Lee Sin seems like he could be useful, but I still haven't figured out how to properly do damage with him.

What are the correct ganking techniques?

Level 2 with red: Try to get within flash range, flash in, try to hit E twice to slow them

Level 3-5: Wait until they are out of their turret range, hope they did not ward the bush, press E in bush, try to hit them with Q, Q in, use E once to slow? (this would I guess slow more quickly but do less damage)

Level >5: Do one of the above, but after slowing, try to walk behind them so you can kung fu them into your teammates.

dimb

Lee Sin seems like he could be useful, but I still haven't figured out how to properly do damage with him.

Level 2 with red: Try to get within flash range, flash in, try to hit E twice to slow them

Level 3-5: Wait until they are out of their turret range, hope they did not ward the bush, press E in bush, try to hit them with Q, Q in, use E once to slow? (this would I guess slow more quickly but do less damage)

Level >5: Do one of the above, but after slowing, try to walk behind them so you can kung fu them into your teammates.
You shouldn't blow a Flash to initiate. Watching this might help: www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVGqlySgXDE Watch how he runs down the lane and jumps on his minions with shield to get in for ganks.

Edit: Oh and there's this www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJBmCYTPyfI

On a pretty solid Ranked winning streak. Not sure if it is just my teams or if it's because I've been dominating the lanes I've been in.

Also something that is a surprise win against almost every combo bot lane is Nunu + MF. Nunu's combo of Blood Boil + Ice Blast really fucks over the other AD carry. This combo works better against non-healing lanes (like Leona or Blitz), but it was very effective when Slouisk and I tried it. Level Blood Boil up all the way and just constantly keep it on the AD carry. Makes for hard ganks on you and gives you the ability to way out harass opponents.

y2dvd

OMG, I was in tears lol! I will have to check out his stream now.

Level 2
-Don't even waste flash to initiate. Do not try to catch them off with Q in plain sight if possible. It's easily dodged from a distance. Instead, try and cut them off and E them. If they flash over, E has a big enough radius to still catch their flash. Do 2nd E to slow them, and then Q.
-If they didn't flash and you got them with a successful E, after your second E, land your Q, try to wait for them to flash to finish your 2nd Q so you can catch up to them.
-Even if the first gank failed say top, I'd usually just camp top and try again if the minions didn't push far. Hopefully they already burned their flash by then. I once attempted to gank Riven top 3 times in 2 minutes. 3rd time's a charm. A few more ganks and Riven raged quit! :D

Level 3-5
If they warded river, remember you can still use the lane's side bushes to hide through. Make sure your teammate pushes the minion waves out so they can't see you sneak through, try to get your teammate to have enemy initiate, and pop outta bush and go for the gank. You still want to space out your 2nd E if possible for the autohits and if they flash, you can still slow them afterwards, but it's a judgement call on how fast to hit that 2nd E.

Level 5-
Pretty much what you said.

Blizzard

Banned
Hmm, the Stonewall etc. guides seem to indicate that you get E at level 1 and W at level 2, which means you won't have Q for ganks until you spend another minute+ in the jungle. In my experience the enemy AP mid is almost always pushed under their turret or poking from a distance at level 2-4, and the bottom lane seems to always have Lulu and always have a ward in the bush at that level, but the top lane gank might work if they have not pushed it too far for me to cut off the enemy by the time I get up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom