• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
And Ashe's passive, which discourages attacking at all.

I honestly don't get that one.
Thank you, that was the other one we were complaining about on Mumble the other day. It's funny because it discourages attacking as you point out (which is fine when you are just trying to last hit, but even last hitting will prevent it from building very high). I guess if you die and come back from spawn, you should get one crit, but it should be easy for enemies to stay out of range of that. I am pretty sure I have also forgotten about the crit and wasted it leashing the blue golem.

Volimar

Ashe needs her passive reworked. Something like "Ashe gains 1% increase on critical strike chance with every basic attack. Counter resets after a critical strike."

joelseph

I was at a LAN this weekend and got drunk enough to be talked into trying Dominion. I haven't played League in so long, I looked like such a noob. Really fun gameplay though, love how you can come back and win at the last minute!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
There are a lot of meh to bad passives especially from older champs. New champs seem to have better/more powerful/more useful passives than a lot of the older champs. One of the reasons why a lot of people thing some of the older champs need reworked with some of them getting that treatment already.

Ferrio

Banned
There are a lot of meh to bad passives especially from older champs. New champs seem to have better/more powerful/more useful passives than a lot of the older champs. One of the reasons why a lot of people thing some of the older champs need reworked with some of them getting that treatment already.

Poor sejuani.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
her pssive right now is designed to promote last hitting, or to open on a champion.
Crit strike is simply awful for last hitting.

A good last hitter doesn't need any extra damage to get those kills. In fact, extra damage can screw up your last hit because you might leave them lower than you intended, and your creeps wind up killing them instead. Last hitting requires controllable consistent damage, which Ashe's passive is not.

Blizzard

Banned
Crit strike is simply awful for last hitting.

A good last hitter doesn't need any extra damage to get those kills. In fact, extra damage can screw up your last hit because you might leave them lower than you intended, and your creeps wind up killing them instead. Last hitting requires controllable consistent damage, which Ashe's passive is not.
Good point, unless you wait to make sure you are going to kill the minions, in which case you presumably did not need the crit to kill them anyway. I guess the only way it would benefit is if you did that AND occasionally poked enemy champions to use the 10-20% crit chance.

Ashe's passive is excellent.
Why do you say that?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Last hitting also interferes with Ashe charging her passive.

It's a poorly designed passive all around.

Vanillalite

Poor sejuani.

This champ seems to be an outlier in every aspect. She's just doesn't have a great roll at well anything. Always seem to be champs that just do her thing, but well better. She might go down as the worse post launch champ Riot has created.

XeroSauce

This champ seems to be an outlier in every aspect. She's just doesn't have a great roll at well anything. Always seem to be champs that just do her thing, but well better. She might go down as the worse post launch champ Riot has created.

I tried jungling with her..great ganks but she's really slow and doesn't exactly do much damage like say Nocturne or Udyr.

Blizzard

Banned
I think I actually saw one useful Sejuani in ranked in the last few weeks. Their slow and ult stun presumably let high damage teammates kill us, but it was still like bizarro world.

Ferrio

Banned

I classify her as a shittier version of amumu. The mummy isn't too great to begin with, then to play as a lesser version of him... ugh. She can work, but she has so much going against her. My biggest beef being her suvivability and HUUUUUUUGE cooldowns. Being caught in the jungle as her is the biggest "oh fuck oh fuck" moment. There's nothing she can do.

Inskipp

I honestly think Ashe is fine at the moment. I've never seen her passive as a down-fall. In fact nowadays it's even more powerful, as she's the only ranged carry with innate crit chance (so you can get those sweet random crits).

Also lvl1 burst so gud.
Poor sejuani.
I don't understand why Riot bothered with Sejuani when they had Nautilus in the pipeline right after.

Good point, unless you wait to make sure you are going to kill the minions, in which case you presumably did not need the crit to kill them anyway. I guess the only way it would benefit is if you did that AND occasionally poked enemy champions to use the 10-20% crit chance.

Why do you say that?

Innate crit chance is over powered.

She's not top tier right now because she can be lane bullied so hard.

Blizzard

Banned
http://lolmatches.com/player/na/386865/UnknownFactors

2148 elo!

Now I need to do it on ranked so I can have sparkly platinum colors!
Dat Jax KDR! ;p

I was puzzling over the match summary, trying to figure out how in the world you won it, and finally realized you didn't. Orianna seems fun though. I don't feel like she'd be worth practicing a lot for ranked though, since I figure she's not powerful enough and stuff counters her or something.

Vanillalite

Alright LoL-GAF,

I humbly come to you in full admission that I suck hardcore at mid 9 out of 10 times. Part of my problem I think is I just suck at mid and/or with AP champs. Part of it is I've just not found a "go to" champ for me for mid. That means a lot of the time I just pick Veigar and play like a pussy for the 1st idk 10 levels or so.

The 3 main mid champs I own are Veigar, Karth, and Annie. Should I maybe try someone else? Kass and Morg always get banned in my games so they are out of the picture. I thought I'd like Anivia, but I've tried her a couple of times during free weeks, and despite my initial thought of wanting her to be my go to I just never liked it.

I've got like 5,000 IP so I can probably easily buy whomever I want either straight up now or if I wait a week to hit 6,300 IP.

What should I do GAF? Just get better? I feel like I'm good at playing passive, but that as the AP mid I should be doing waaayyy better than just passively camping at my turret. I also feel like late game I don't do enough DPS mainly because I feel like I'm uber squishy in team fights.

Hell me Obi-Wan LoL-GAF you're my only hope!

Cassiopeia is supposedly the worst post launch according to some posters here and several of my lol friends.

I agree Sejuani is shit.

Dat Jax KDR! ;p

I was puzzling over the match summary, trying to figure out how in the world you won it, and finally realized you didn't. Orianna seems fun though. I don't feel like she'd be worth practicing a lot for ranked though, since I figure she's not powerful enough and stuff counters her or something.

Orianna is excellent. She has the capability to do 'tons of damage' and has incredible support abilities as well. A truly underrated champion at the moment.

---

I got raped top.

Alright LoL-GAF,

I humbly come to you in full admission that I suck hardcore at mid 9 out of 10 times. Part of my problem I think is I just suck at mid and/or with AP champs. Part of it is I've just not found a "go to" champ for me for mid. That means a lot of the time I just pick Veigar and play like a pussy for the 1st idk 10 levels or so.

The 3 main mid champs I own are Veigar, Karth, and Annie. Should I maybe try someone else? Kass and Morg always get banned in my games so they are out of the picture. I thought I'd like Anivia, but I've tried her a couple of times during free weeks, and despite my initial thought of wanting her to be my go to I just never liked it.

I've got like 5,000 IP so I can probably easily buy whomever I want either straight up now or if I wait a week to hit 6,300 IP.

What should I do GAF? Just get better? I feel like I'm good at playing passive, but that as the AP mid I should be doing waaayyy better than just passively camping at my turret. I also feel like late game I don't do enough DPS mainly because I feel like I'm uber squishy in team fights.

I'm on at the moment, we could play a practice if you'd like.

Ferrio

Banned
Alright LoL-GAF,

Trouble is playing passive as an AP isn't the best thing to do, since one of mid's most powerful advantage is helping top/bottom at anytime. AP is by far my worst role because of this. Other than leblanc, I have a hard time assisting other lanes.

Cassiopeia is supposedly the worst post launch according to some posters here and several of my lol friends.

I agree Sejuani is shit.

Sejuani is a case of an extremely balanced champion in an age where tanky dps rules the battlefield.

Could you imagine if they buffed her ratios?

She will be sub-par for a very long time to come.

Alright LoL-GAF,

You lucky motherfucker.

Ferrio

Banned
Sejuani is a case of an extremely balanced champion in an age where tanky dps rules the battlefield.

Could you imagine if they buffed her ratios?

She will be sub-par for a very long time to come.

I don't have a problem with her ratios at all. Her damage (or lack therof) isn't why I think she sucks. I don't mind a full support role in tanking, but her cooldowns are so long that most of the fight you just kinda flail around with nothing to do other than applying a shitty 10% slowdown. Even her slows are meh. Ya 70% slow is great... but you can only apply it every 10 seconds and in a game where everyone has a gap closer it makes it almost pointless.

I don't have a problem with her ratios at all. Her damage (or lack therof) isn't why I think she sucks. I don't mind a full support role in tanking, but her cooldowns are so long that most of the fight you just kinda flail around with nothing to do other than applying a shitty 10% slowdown. Even her slows are meh. Ya 70% slow is great... but in a game where everyone has a gap closer... soft cc isn't shit.

I disagree with this. 70% MS reduction is nothing to scoff at.

A well placed Wither will win a game.

If Sej had the same (or close to) damage output of say a Nocturne, she would be hotfixed.

Come out of bush -> Ult -> Tons of damage -> Nerf

--

Imagine a Nocturne ganking you. The damage Nocturne does to you. It's really scary isn't it?

Now imagine a Nocturne with a 70% MS reduction.

Ferrio

Banned
I disagree with this. 70% MS reduction is nothing to scoff at.

A well placed Wither will win a game.

If Sej had the same (or close to) damage output of say a Nocturne, she would be hotfixed.

Come out of bush -> Ult -> Tons of damage -> Nerf

--

Imagine a Nocturne ganking you. The damage Nocturne does to you. It's really scary isn't it?

Now imagine a Nocturne with a 70% MS reduction.

I'm thinking more teamfights. Ya her ganks are easily the best part of her (long as your lanes have damage), it's teamfights (and surviving solo in jungle) are my big issues with her is.

I feel as a tank she doesn't do the job she needs to in order to keep her squishies alive. She poses no threat after initiation.

I'm thinking more teamfights. Ya her ganks are easily the best part of her (long as your lanes have damage), it's teamfights (and surviving solo in jungle) are my big issues with her is.

I feel as a tank she doesn't do the job she needs to in order to keep her squishies alive. She poses no threat after initiation.

I was about to argue that would also be the case with Warwick. He can't peel or taunt or do much of anything after he ults right?

Ah but wait, he does an incredible amount of damage.

Sej in a way is a better version of Warwick when talking about initiation. Warwick must immobilize himself (a very risky maneuver which can win or lose the game) when he ults someone.

Sej can initiate without immobilizing herself. This is a much less risky way of initiating and still has incredible results if done correctly.

I agree with your points about about a lack of threat after initiation, but this is difficult to fix without remaking her kit.

If she were to have this high damage that other tanky champions have, she would be an incredibly over powered ganker.

Ferrio

Banned
I was about to argue that would also be the case with Warwick. He can't peel or taunt or do much of anything after he ults right?

Ah but wait, he does an incredible amount of damage.

Sej in a way is a better version of Warwick when talking about initiation. Warwick must immobilize himself (a very risky maneuver which can win or lose the game) when he ults someone.

Sej can initiate without immobilizing herself. This is a much less risky way of initiating and still has incredible results if done correctly.

I agree with your points about about a lack of threat after initiation, but this is difficult to fix without remaking her kit.

If she were to have this high damage that other tanky champions have, she would be an incredibly over powered ganker.

Well if they lowered her cooldowns then she could actually maybe get 2 permafrosts off in a fight.

Also something to make her frost better would be nice, like she takes less damage from people who have frost applied. Would help her in the jungle, and keep her from blowing up instantly like she does in team fights.

brian!

nhat nguyen my new favorite streamer
that music brings the game to an entirely different level, his calm babble. pretty soothing

Alright LoL-GAF,

Ryze, Ryze, and more Ryze.

Vanillalite

Awww thanks! I wish I was home, but after I made that I had to go out and pick up something for my GF and now I'm checking the thread from her house.

Thanks for the offer though. Just wish I was home to play. LoL-GAF is awesome though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom