• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Enjoying support Anivia a LOT, definitely I'll buy her once her free week is over.

SUz0I.png

I usually start with Meki Pendant + 2 Health Potions.

I rush either Tear or Chalice (can't decide which yet) then the Move3 boots because Anivia is slooooooow. Depending on what's happening I'll aim for either Morello or Frozen Heart first.

I try to aim for the following build:
- Chalice / Archangel Staff
- Boots of Swiftness / Merc Treads
- Morello's Tome
- Frozen Heart
- Abyssal Scepter
- blank... no idea... probably Rabaddon or FoN since her MR is pretty low.

Her wall is tricky to use. I once made a bad mistake and blocked our Yi from landing a killing blow on Trynd. :(

How'd you lose an ai game?

One of my teammates left at Lv2 and came back when we're all around ~13. He just became became food. Another one wasn't doing well since he was new-ish to the game but at least he listens. We tried to have someone backdoor and the rest defend but all towers were already down. We couldn't even keep our inhibitors alive for more than a minute.

Ferrio

Banned
Heh I was curious how tough the AI was after I posted that since, I never do bot games. Just did 1v5 ai... steamrolled them. So that's pretty impressive if people lose to them hah.

edit: Being told custom bots differ from regular match bots, that's kinda odd...

Ferga

Heh I was curious how tough the AI was after I posted that since, I never do bot games. Just did 1v5 ai... steamrolled them. So that's pretty impressive if people lose to them hah.

edit: Being told custom bots differ from regular match bots, that's kinda odd...

intermediate annie bot is pretty tough for beginners

quite humorous

bjaelke

Riot on the Viktor patch:
we're planning on making him available later this week. i don't know the specifics on when his spotlight and official announcement will be (sorry!), but the plan is this week.

the 'maintenance' part of his patch has been completed already, so there shouldn't be any downtime associated with his release. should be nice, smooth, and fast when it happens.
content only. there won't be a 'balance patch' associated with his release.
http://clgaming.net/redtracker/topic/24658/?p=1

y2dvd

Solo Normal Blind Pick must be the worst mode ever. Everyone autolocks characters and normally is just very unskilled. It's pretty much my practice mode.

think i've finally cracked the Dominion code:

massive AD plus attack speed and damn the defensive stats!

I'm pretty sure Amumu is OP but fucking hell is he fun with some magic pen and thornmail. Can take three on and win with a nice ulti and if they're too dumb to run...

Ferga

Wanted to check out some tribunal cases since Lol went down.

Holy shit at these intentional feeders.

First case: 1st game 0/12 2nd game 0/35 3rd game 0/18

chat doesn't help them either. /ban

John

Played a few games with Ahri, love it, think I've found another toon to main (because I needed another AP mage in my repertoire)

What is the most effective way to tell a tank to buy armor?

A. Can you please buy a thornmail?

B. You should get a thornmail since they have Caitlyn, Talon, and Irelia on their team.

C. Singed, buy a thornmail. All your gear is MR right now.

D. Buy a thornmail, you fuck.

E. I will blow you if you buy a thornmail.

Siyou

B. You should get a thornmail since they have Caitlyn, Talon, and Irelia on their team.

If E doesn't blow his gasket. I think you've failed.

bjaelke

y u no buy armor?!! gg noob!!

or

You should probably get X because they have a lot of attack damage on their team.

X = I'd suggest Frozen Heart or Randuin's Omen - both reduced the attack speed of nearby enemies, so the whole team benefits from it. Thornmail only works if they actually attack Singed.

y u no buy armor?!! gg noob!!

or

You should probably get X because they have a lot of attack damage on their team.

X = I'd suggest Frozen Heart or Randuin's Omen - both reduced the attack speed of nearby enemies, so the whole team benefits from it. Thornmail only works if they actually attack Singed.

He was getting pummeled. Otherwise FH is better. No armor on a Singed...fml.

Ferrio

Banned

Maybe you should of suggested something other than thornmail?

edit: Ah I see i was beaten in the observation.

Singed doesn't need thornmail :)

Elixist

I like to put some thorns on my Singe!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Why are you telling him to buy thornmail? Thornmail is a noob trap that is far more situational than it appears.

Radiuns, Sunfire, Guardian's Angel, and Mana Crystal(Depending on who you are) are all better for defense. And I'd rather stack more HP rather than waste the cash on Thornmail most of the time. Slapping on a Warmogers or Frozen mallet.

And if it is Singed like everyone is saying, You don't buy it on him.

Ferrio

Banned
Why are you telling him to buy thornmail? Thornmail is a noob trap that is far more situational than it appears.

Radiuns, Sunfire, Guardian's Angel, and Mana Crystal(Depending on who you are) are all better for defense. And I'd rather stack more HP rather than waste the cash on Thornmail most of the time. Slapping on a Warmogers or Frozen mallet.

And if it is Singed like everyone is saying, You don't buy it on him.

Sunfire blows too. Frozen heart or bust!

sonicmj1

During the last champion rotation, I discovered that Teemo is the second greatest champion in League of Legends behind Singed. He's quick, good at getting out of tight spots, and everyone on the other team always hates him because of his mushrooms and his insufferable cuteness.

I've done alright with Teemo in a few games, but how can I use him for maximum effectiveness? How quickly should I be going for Frozen Heart? Bloodrazor? Malady? How do I handle laning against strong ranged mage champs, besides not facing them?

I want to be the very best Teemo.

EDIT: I totally meant Frozen Mallet. Oops.

Ferrio

Banned
During the last champion rotation, I discovered that Teemo is the second greatest champion in League of Legends behind Singed. He's quick, good at getting out of tight spots, and everyone on the other team always hates him because of his mushrooms and his insufferable cuteness.

I've done alright with Teemo in a few games, but how can I use him for maximum effectiveness? How quickly should I be going for Frozen Heart? Bloodrazor? Malady? How do I handle laning against strong ranged mage champs, besides not facing them?

Shouldn't worry about armor too much on AD range carries. Ideally you should be positioning yourself so you're not taking damage, and relying on your team keeping you safe. You want to rely on life steal for survival. If you do need armor a Guardian's angel is a nice pick, or a banshee's veil for MR. Frozen heart is something more a tank/support should be getting.

As for lane match ups you shouldn't be going up against a mage as teemo. Teemo is a nice counter to AD champs (especially melee), putting him up against a mage is a waste. Most teemos seem to build for attack speed, and malady is a must on him (so his poison damage doesn't get completely negated by MR). Madred's Bloodrazer is also a great lategame item since it gives him attack speed, armor, and punishes people who stack HP. Since it deals magic damage it'll synergize with malady.

Blizzard

Banned

I spammed a bunch of possible tips several pages back, but I'm still only an average Teemo. I will say this:

1. Get shoes or doran's blade first. People say shoes and potions are better in some cases if your lane doesn't have any healers or potions, and this is probably true, but I still feel like I tend to do better with doran's blade.

2. Go for malady/wit's end early, possibly rushing bloodrazor if you like and if the other team has a lot of health but not a lot of magic resist. As far as I know, magic resist will reduce the damage bloodrazor does so bear that in mind.

3. Don't rush high level blind early (over level 2) since it eats a whole bunch of mana. Instead focus on poison and move quick -- if you're having trouble doing damage, get more poison levels. If you're having trouble dodging things, get more move quick levels.

Just as an addendum to what Ferrio said, I recommend wit's end instead of banshee's veil unless the other team has crazy burst AP or stuns or something. You'll be hurting your damage output otherwise. Frozen mallet is another decent survival item instead of banshee's veil. Madred's bloodrazor gives armor if I recall correctly, and theoretically you could go for the cheaper wriggles lantern...but bloodrazor will be better endgame.

I'd also suggest getting the vamp sceptre in the first 3-4 items even if you're not building bloodthirster at that point. That'll help heal you up until the bloodthirster is ready.

Ferrio

Banned
I've seen like, a powerful Riven once, in Twisted Treeline. o_O Or dominion?

I may hate everyone and everything, but mostly anyone making those threads.

She's strong, but the OP thing kinda outta line. People need to break up the meta and throw a range or garen at her, or just build some freaking armor.

Blizzard

Banned
She's strong, but the OP thing kinda outta line. People need to break up the meta and throw a range or garen at her, or just build some freaking armor.
As long as Tryndamere, Akali, and even Irelia are running around top lane, I'd suggest that nerfing Riven or Fizz would be pretty hypocritical.

Wrekt

EDIT: I totally meant Frozen Mallet. Oops.

About once a month, I decide that it is Teemo time and play a SR with him. The most recent time was like a week ago where I got put top lane and ended up facing a Tryndamere. Even with the blind, he shit all over me. Teemo's range is so short that he could jump right on me with his E, and move quick was worthless with his W. I fed 3 kills as he was able to solo me from 100% hp under my turret even without popping his ult and me using blind.

Never again.
Until next month.

Boken

Banned
About once a month, I decide that it is Teemo time and play a SR with him. The most recent time was like a week ago where I got put top lane and ended up facing a Tryndamere. Even with the blind, he shit all over me. Teemo's range is so short that he could jump right on me with his E, and move quick was worthless with his W. I fed 3 kills as he was able to solo me from 100% hp under my turret even without popping his ult and me using blind.

Never again.
Until next month.

Nerf Trondamore

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I just found out that I really, really, really like Ahri.

And to think that I found out doing ultimate bravery lol

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Riven is the best champion

don't nerf her riot

atleast not unitl i hit 1600 ELO

AD Sion is great and you farm just as well as AP Sion. I had seen a few people go AD and do well recently, so I decided to try it, and it's pretty amazing. With cleanse you're basically unkillable for 20 seconds.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Looks interesting.

(And super annoying)

Too bad he's almost as ugly as Urgot or I might've bought him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom