• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After playing this game for a week or so I'm really enjoying it.

I have the following characters:

Morgana, Alistar (free from the YouTube thing), and Kayle.

I hear Morgana is OP--but creep farming with her is so easy!

I would like Kayle, but I feel like it's a lot of auto-attack and I want to press more buttons. Is that how most AD champs are? (I would assume so, since AD champs are very aa dependent..)

I've had a lot of fun with Alistar: Looping around an enemy champ to get position to headbutt them into a wall or into my team is awesome.

I'm thinking about going Nassus next, because his guide made him seem fun. Not sure how he plays though.

Any other suggestions for "button press" champs? I like being active (aiming spells is also really fun).

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Morgana is basically QWR-ignite GG, but god damn if it isn't so much fun. Yea Kayle is right click to win once you up her attack speed, she clears minion waves just as fast if not faster than her sister. I have no idea how Nassus plays but IIRC he's more of a tanky character.

Ezreal is basically 100% skillshots if that's what you're looking for.

Telaso

Banned
Morgana is basically QWR-ignite GG, but god damn if it isn't so much fun. Yea Kayle is right click to win once you up her attack speed, she clears minion waves just as fast if not faster than her sister. I have no idea how Nassus plays but IIRC he's more of a tanky character.

Ezreal is basically 100% skillshots if that's what you're looking for.

For Nasus you need to stay and farm as much as you can to power up his Q. It does more damage for each minion its used to last hit with.

Of all the Penta kills ive seen in game, 1 was GP, and the other 2 were Nasus. His ult is powerful too.

Einbroch

Banned
You like your skillshots? All of Ezreal's abilities are skillshots.

Of course, I don't think he's that good, so there's that. But if you're looking for skillshots, look no further.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Ryze and Veigar are both mages about pressing buttons really fast

and then there's sona but I wouldn't call her playstyle "active"

Boken

Banned
We're going to tell you that mobafire isnt very good and that you should stick to Solomid.net, clgaming and LoLPro.com

Blizzard

Banned
Any other suggestions for "button press" champs? I like being active (aiming spells is also really fun).
I like mashing buttons too. Some options:

1. Ryze (by the time you get enough mana options you pretty much never run out of mana, and you have to learn the button mashing sequence to be effective)

Other mages tend to have limited mana, so some non-mage options:

2. Riven (my own personal favorite, no mana, low cooldowns, jump dash hop mash attack)

3. Renekton (no mana, might have higher cooldowns than riven, not really mashy?)

4. Lee Sin (no mana, someone mentioned his skills having two parts to them, and you're always mashing something or kicking or dashing or flying or kung-fu'ing, plus he has a skillshot you have to learn to do well with)

5. Sona (mana, but once you get some mana regen you can mash QWE and help teammates...to do well, you will need to learn to QWE at appropriate times and harass with power chords and slow enemies and etc. etc. etc.)

6. Udyr (he has no ult, and I think all of his "abilities" have really low cooldowns, and you're rewarded for switching, so you're always going bear lion tiger phoenix praying mantis cobra bear tiger bear...but no dash or skillshot)

Regarding solomid, I think that website has always had horrible performance issues/ads for me, and there seemed to be so few RECENT guides on it when I used to try finding champion guides. Having a pro-written detailed jungle guide isn't necessarily helpful if it was written before three jungle changes and a nerf to the champion in question. Are the other sites like lolpro updated more frequently?

Ok, I've narrowed it to Cassio and Riven. I think I might just buy both of them and spend my IP on Nasus. Should give me a decent stable of choices. (And I'm reading solomid guides instead of mobafire.)

bjaelke

Ok, I've narrowed it to Cassio and Riven. I think I might just buy both of them and spend my IP on Nasus. Should give me a decent stable of choices. (And I'm reading solomid guides instead of mobafire.)
Cassiopeia does have quite a high skill cap so you might have to use some time before mastering her.

DTKT

Nasus is a boring champ though. And you actually need decent farms and kills in order to be effective. Granted, if you are farmed, you will be a giant pain in the ass to everyone but an underfed nasus is laughably useless.

Ferrio

Banned

Both are high skill cap characters. Cassio is often referred to as the highest skill cap character in the game. Riven is less so execution wise, but since she's melee you can get blown up easily if you screw up but she's a lot easier to master.

XeroSauce

Cass is quite difficult to pin down but if you can master her and her skills and passive, you can really put the hurt out on people, she's one of the strongest AP casters in the game.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
hey guys I JUST started LOL yesterday. Played a couple bot games and I'm really enjoying it.
Anyone has some tips for a true freshman (only played DOTA 1 time)

or any beginners here that wanna link up for some matches?

Make sure to go onto LoL's website and then use that to like them on FB and sub to their youtube channel. Doing each one gives you a free champ!

Cass's skill level sounds good to me. I'm still playing in the beginner co-op vs. bot games, so while I'm probably not fit to play her, I have a lot of newbie friendly games left to learn her--and it's beginning to be difficult to lose those beginner games, so this will shake it up.

For AP, Lux is cool, and very similar to Morgana in that she has a snare. She also has some good team utility with her shield, and her ultimate is a really long ranged laser beam. What's not to like?

For AD, Riven, as suggested, is highly active but also not too difficult to play. She has amazing scaling and her ultimate is really fun to use (long range execute ability, similar to Garen's ultimate).

You mentioned Nasus, so I wanted to give this warning: you NEED to be able to last hit with his Q in order to do well. It's not very difficult, but it's one of the few skills in the game that has no cap. It increases damage based on how many times you've killed something with it. Actually, if you aren't focusing on last hitting now, that may actually be a good champion to get you in the habit of learning to last hit! The rest of his kit is fairly easy to use too, and he has one of the best voice actors in the game!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I wouldn't recommend buying champions you haven't played before. Keep testing the rotation out and get a feel for champions you like. New rotation goes up soon so just try out those guys. There are cheaper mage options for people starting out like Annie and Ryze. Veigar is also free this week. If you want something with a higher skill cap Gragas is free this week. If you want a more ability active AD carry try out Graves. Sivir is also free this week so it's worth trying her too.

Ah, it should mean just one "regular" attack/auto attack. So E, regular attack once, Q, regular attack once, R, etc. Never played WK so I'm not familiar with his combos.

Yep means just one attack then ability.

Also about the advice i just figured since the guy was playing wukong he bought him (6300 ip) i figured he'd be atleast 10+lvl account he'd have some rune slots and i think one quint slot but then i realized it was wu free week...so yeah

Cass's skill level sounds good to me. I'm still playing in the beginner co-op vs. bot games, so while I'm probably not fit to play her, I have a lot of newbie friendly games left to learn her--and it's beginning to be difficult to lose those beginner games, so this will shake it up.

Don't buy champions you haven't played before. Just a heads up.

I bought Katarina and Fizz on a whim and I can't play either. Total waste of IP/RP.

If skillshot casters are your thing, Ahri is a good bet. Gragas is also free this week, so try him out and see if you like him.

Ferrio

Banned

I'd suggest bailing out of coop ai games ASAP. They'll teach you bad habits (so will low lvel games but not as much). The transition will be that much harder the longer you hold it off.

Slouisk

Neo Member
I'd suggest bailing out of coop ai games ASAP. They'll teach you bad habits (so will low lvel games but not as much). The transition will be that much harder the longer you hold it off.

yay somebody that agrees with me. Normal games are a lot better for learning the game than ai games, even for learning new champs.

Help needed GAF -

I'm publishing a mega-guide for dominion over at solomid within the next few weeks and I'm going to have a nickname for every champion listed with the roles/tier lists.

Example - Lux is Laserbitch, Urgot is Crabby McScrotumtits.

Anyone feel like contributing to my immature notations?

Ferrio

Banned
Help needed GAF -

I'm publishing a mega-guide for dominion over at solomid within the next few weeks and I'm going to have a nickname for every champion listed with the roles/tier lists.

Example - Lux is Laserbitch, Urgot is Crabby McScrotumtits.

Anyone feel like contributing to my immature notations?

Please don't?

Been loving Anivia. Amazing utility with walls, stun, slow, attack speed slow, respectable damage with a good mix of sustained AoE and burst, hard to kill with her passive, best farming ever. She's like a swiss army knife of kicking ass.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

If you like spell caster that is very active, you should try those:

Ahri will be another fun champion for you, her Q is a boomerang ball that hit opponent twice if you aim well. W is 3 homing nuke that target the closest enemy, E is a skill shot charm that disable your opponent and make them run toward you. Really high reward if you can aim and predict your opponent movement.

Best of all her ult is a free escape, 3 dashes that can jump over wall/cliff, she is almost impossible to catch or run away from when her ult is up.
---------------

Lux is an all skill shot champion, powerful early game, aoe shield that you have to aim, and her ultimate hit 2 screens away.

---------------

AD/AP Nid is fun too, your ultimate transform you into a high movement melee slashing cat, and you throw spear/set trap/heal in human form. The ultimate had a few seconds cool down, so you have to keep switching to take advantage of all the tool she had.

I do highly recommend you stick with one champion until you mastered your role. You don't really have to follow the meta, just take the champion you want to learn to whatever lane you want.

Once you start playing in draft mode, you can start learning support if your role is already taken.

FoxSpirit

Honestly, if you have a skilled friend that lanes with you for a single game you'll learn more than even playing a hundred PvP's. There might be a lot of yelling though. :p
I learned everything besides jungling in a single game.
I don't play PvP unless I have at least one friend with me. Too stupid otherwise, I rather play chilled out bot games. Only sucks if I pick support and my laning partner has no clue how to properly tag-team.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Honestly, if you have a skilled friend that lanes with you for a single game you'll learn more than even playing a hundred PvP's. There might be a lot of yelling though. :p
I learned everything besides jungling in a single game.
I don't play PvP unless I have at least one friend with me. Too stupid otherwise, I rather play chilled out bot games. Only sucks if I pick support and my laning partner has no clue how to properly tag-team.

Nothing quite makes my blood boil like playing support in solo queue.

Pancakes

Or playing with one who tries to kill creep. @_@

"Sona why aren't you helping me push!"
"AFK support not helping wow"
"Do you know how to lane noob?"

Destroy everything...

vhfive

Just sent out 21 codes congrats to the winners. I didn't know the codes could be used multiple times on different servers so if the winners want to share with someone from a different server they can

EDIT: Also if I sent you a code that is invalid let me know. I had to copy down 21 codes and I may have copied it down wrong and I can double check it
I already had to fix one :p

Today was a good day to play LoL apparently, I did not falter once. Won every lane, won through the jungle. Won as Rumble top, Vlad mid, Nunu bot, Shyv jungle, and Kennen top and mid. This makes up for a long day otherwise. :D

Koomaster

Just sent out 21 codes congrats to the winners. I didn't know the codes could be used multiple times on different servers so if the winners want to share with someone from a different server they can

EDIT: Also if I sent you a code that is invalid let me know. I had to copy down 21 codes and I may have copied it down wrong and I can double check it
Mine worked. Thanks so much! ^___^

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Tried my biweekly ranked game today.

I traded my ahri for cait since that guy was complaining he can't play ad, then got killed by MF before minion spawn. Soon our master yi died at blue, took 3 blue from ahri, and died to red because he too lazy to walk back.

MF was winning me by 30 cs, I just can't aim shits, our Jax died to yorick 2 times in top. I eventually got a kill when MF step all 3 of my freaking trap when she is running away.

Surprisingly no one was talking craps to each other, people were like "Yi you should be careful in jungle.", "it is fine, just farm", "don't worry jax, just defend yorick will fall off".

At the end, due to our nice manner, power of internet friendship, master yi backdooring, jax start gave up top and start roaming, and enemy mundo disconnected, we won.

SKILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tried my biweekly ranked game today.

I traded my ahri for cait since that guy was complaining he can't play ad, then got killed by MF before minion spawn. Soon our master yi died at blue, took 3 blue from ahri, and died to red because he too lazy to walk back.

MF was winning me by 30 cs, I just can't aim shits, our Jax died to yorick 2 times in top. I eventually got a kill when MF step all 3 of my freaking trap when she is running away.

Surprisingly no one was talking craps to each other, people were like "Yi you should be careful in jungle.", "it is fine, just farm", "don't worry jax, just defend yorick will fall off".

At the end, due to our nice manner, power of internet friendship, master yi backdooring, jax start gave up top and start roaming, and enemy mundo disconnected, we won.

SKILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your ranked skills amaze me. Freakin 1735. I want to say luck, but I'm not sure.

Ken

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom