• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Honestly I would prioritize a fully reworked and actually three dimensional Summoners Rift before any new maps.

Achtius

Jannatoostronk.png

Best dominion game ever. Had 4k gold but didn't have a chance to go back.

also dat ziggs o_O

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Indeed, I cried a tear of joy whenever I saw Sona being played.
It's better having Janna as the top support than when it used to be Sona with the crazy success rate. Sona doesn't lead to anything interesting in team play beyond the ult. At least when you watch Janna you get tornadoes, the slow, and the ult as a good metric for skill.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
It's better having Janna as the top support than when it used to be Sona with the crazy success rate. Sona doesn't lead to anything interesting in team play beyond the ult. At least when you watch Janna you get tornadoes, the slow, and the ult as a good metric for skill.

Sure from a viewers perspective that's fine. I just personally enjoy playing Sona more than any other support.

XeroSauce

Some of the best parts were watching the supports do their own thing. Dignitas vs CLG, the game where everyone but the supports died, and the commentators judging how well the supports last-hit and cleared wards, that stuff was hilarious.

Ken

Is Warwick jungle good for low level normal solo queues? I seem to be doing okay jungling with him thanks to his passive+W. Ganks come a little late though.

Telaso

Banned
Not sure how many others went, but I just got back from IPL4 and I can easily say sitting VIP and talking to all the Pros all weekend was incredible.

The crowds were nuts, talking with the Riot staff, IGN staff, everything makes me so proud to be a part of this community.

You guys fucking rock!

Ferga

Does anyone else have a "back to the roots" champ that they play?

Whenever I play Udyr, I just get this nostalgic feel

Entropia

No One Remembers
Decided to play LoL yesterday instead of DOTA 2... played with my usual Corki and had a lot of fun. Some games I did quite well, other games I did aaaaaaawful :<

y2dvd

Not sure how many others went, but I just got back from IPL4 and I can easily say sitting VIP and talking to all the Pros all weekend was incredible.

The crowds were nuts, talking with the Riot staff, IGN staff, everything makes me so proud to be a part of this community.

You guys fucking rock!

How hot was that Riven chick in person? She had an Ada Wong thing going last night. HAWT!

Ezreal.

inky

Lux for me. I remember I would stack Mejai's on her and snipe fools. I thought I was good at this game then, lol.

methane47

hey guys I JUST started LOL yesterday. Played a couple bot games and I'm really enjoying it.
Anyone has some tips for a true freshman (only played DOTA 1 time)

or any beginners here that wanna link up for some matches?

Numu. I rarely play him now though cuz he needs a team that knows wtf to do.

I exclusively played AP Nunu stacking Kage's picks for a good long time when I started out. I believe his ult did even more damage at that point in time and not as many champions had good interrupts and Banshee's had a shorter cd, so I would win almost all my games. Those were the days :(

Nunu is still one of my best champions if I can find a good and willing AD, his attack and movement speed control are ridiculous in small skirmishes.

Inskipp

hey guys I JUST started LOL yesterday. Played a couple bot games and I'm really enjoying it.
Don't die.

Buy wards.

Be nice.

Also, there are much better sites for guides than Mobafire. Solomid and LoL Pro are both excellent sources. I recommend starting out by picking a certain champ you happen to like, then play that champ a lot as you familiarize yourself with the mechanics of the game. Reading up general gameplay- guides can be very beneficial.

When you've reached to a point where you feel confident with the champ of your choice, it's a good idea to then pick up another champ and learn that one. It's generally recommended to have multiple champs in your roster, one for each role.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

or any beginners here that wanna link up for some matches?

I don't play anymore, but I can tell you the three things that I remember being hugely important when I was learning.

- Learn to last hit/farm creeps.
- It's OK to 'b' or run away (also, especially at first, do NOT be overly aggressive).

And probably the most important...

- Get at least a basic understanding of your opponents champions. Random example, if you don't know that Anivia has an ice wall, that "lolharass" can very easily you get killed.

Achtius

I don't play anymore, but I can tell you the three things that I remember being hugely important when I was learning.

- Learn to last hit/farm creeps.
- It's OK to 'b' or run away (also, especially at first, do NOT be overly aggressive).

And probably the most important...

- Get at least a basic understanding of your opponents champions. Random example, if you don't know that Anivia has an ice wall, that "lolharass" can very easily you get killed.

that ice wall often miss and the enemy block them from pursuing you :3

Jarvan's Thunderdome is the best for screwing over himself/his own team.

Use it only to kill, secure a kill, or to separate your team from theirs.

There are other circumstances but...

Basically, never use it to initiate. My Jarvan play took a drastic change for the better when I realized that.

methane47

I been playing with Wukong... getting last hit with melee kinda sucks
But i think i'm atleast alittle better than the other beginners i'm playing with.

but i recognized a problem.... sometimes i get baited into overextending... i'll try to stop

I been playing with Wukong... getting last hit with melee kinda sucks
But i think i'm atleast alittle better than the other beginners i'm playing with.

but i recognized a problem.... sometimes i get baited into overextending... i'll try to stop

E-aa-Q-aa-W escape rinse and repeat.

When going in for ult E-aa-Q-aa-R follow target then W if needed.

As for last hit have flat ad marks and quints.

Masteries 21/9/0

Last hitting should be no problem

Boken

Banned
Yeah I don't think he realises that you just started the game.

In general, melee have the best auto attack animations in the game. After a bit of lifesteal/damage items, last hitting should be a lot easier. Don't be afraid to use your abilities to help you last hit as well.

methane47

is there any guide to when you should recall? Is there a quick way to gain MP? especially as a melee... because after being alive for a while i start running low on it.. Especially after E Q combo's

And i noticed that the guy said to do E aa Q does that mean 2 attacks in between then Q?
I have been hitting E then immediately smashing Q

methane47

I normally get regen pendant plus a pot
then speed boots -> Ionion boots
then phlage(?)
then triforce(?)
then armor with the spikes? for the health and regen?
if i can bloodthirster

Blizzard

Banned
is there any guide to when you should recall? Is there a quick way to gain MP? especially as a melee... because after being alive for a while i start running low on it.. Especially after E Q combo's

And i noticed that the guy said to do E aa Q does that mean 2 attacks in between then Q?
aa = autoattack, so E, attack once, then Q was what he suggested.

There are items (and potions) to regen mana, but the usual strategy early on is to not use abilities TOO often so you always keep some mana in reserve for fights, unless you are in a position to go for a kill.

bjaelke

then phlage(?)
then triforce(?)
if i can bloodthirster

It depends on your role on the team, but I prefer Frozen Mallet over Trinity Force. The health bonus plus his passive makes him extremely hard to kill. Throw in a Wriggle's Lantern for survivability and you got yourself a happy monkey.

Rest of the items are situational.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Nope - either when you have enough money to buy the item you've got in mind, or when you need to. Like I said earlier, learning when to 'b' (recall) or run away is imperative to improvement. I used to play matches with my brother, and would always tell me that I needed to learn to back off. He said I wasn't aggressive enough when I needed to be, but too aggressive when I was in no position to be. And he also would 'b' at times where I would have farmed a little more, but he always did better than anyone else on the team. It's all about personal taste for things like that.

Certain parts are learned through experience. But build orders, items, and masteries to meet your style are available all over the internet.

Boken

Banned
Since Lulu is free 3 weeks after her release, AND Hecarim has released 3 weeks after (Lulu also released 3 weeks after the previous champion), perhaps RiOT have changed to a 3 week cycle for new champs.

Boken

Banned

You shouldn't spam your spells that much. You should always save enough mana for a combo+ult because those are very important to have.

The best times to recall are when you've pushed the minions to their tower and its unlikely that you will get any minion kills there.

OR when you kill your lane opponent and either: (1) their wave is pushing, but will not reach your tower soon OR (2) if your wave is pushing, push it to their tower then recall.

In a DOUBLE lane, you can go back whenever one of your opponents are dead and you have gold to buy something (provided your partner stays) OR you've pushed it right to their tower.

EDIT: oops, didn't mean to make a new post.
To make it more valuable, let me add a random thing. The support role has to be the amicable one that keeps the team away from each others throats and focused on winning the game. The times you have to do this are pretty darn stressful because people are so unpredictable. Just had a mordekaiser who kept getting ganked by the opposing jungler and getting owned by enemy Riven and started crying and yelling at our jungler. "I'm just going to afk at tower if you don't come help". Seemed like a pretty unreasonable guy. It was pretty tough to make him calm down. Highlight of the game: telling my team the correct objectives to take (group up to take mid then top tower because their ad carry is bot) and have them actually listen.

Inskipp

then phlage(?)
then triforce(?)
if i can bloodthirster
That regrowth pendant is bottle-necking the amount of sustain you could be receiving at the start of the game.

Right now you only have 150 effective health (thanks to your health pot) at your disposal, with an additional 3 health regen per second. It takes 50 seconds for your regrowth pendant to recover the same amount of health that a single health potion can do in 15 seconds.

If you opened with, say, cloth armor and 5 potions, you would have 750 effective hp at your disposal, with an added bonus of having a defensive item that can be built into cheap and effective mid-game items, such as Wriggle's or Ninja Tabi.

tldr: Open with cloth armor 5 pots and build wriggles.

The Trinity Force is good in my opinion. Some folks prefer other builds, but in your situation (what with you having no runes and limited masteries) I think building up to Tri- force after wriggles is an optimal situation with your Wukong, as he benefits from every stat it provides. After that, your itemizing becomes much more malleable. You can opt to be your teams tanky bruiser with defensive items, or a more damage- centered heavy hitter.

vhfive

Hey everyone send me a pm if you want a PAX Sivir code. I will pool the names tomorrow night and if there are more than 21 (that's the number of codes I have) then I use a random number generator to figure out the winners.

I will pool the names tomorrow at around midnight eastern us time so it gives everyone a chance to get their name.

TLDR send me a pm if you want PAX Sivir

Just a heads up you have 10 more hours to send a pm.

There is already 42 people signed up so you can get a feel for your odds

Ken

Ah, okay, but not a specific count. I though Nimbus-Attack-Attack-Crushing Blow-Attack-Attack-Decoy :p

Ah, it should mean just one "regular" attack/auto attack. So E, regular attack once, Q, regular attack once, R, etc. Never played WK so I'm not familiar with his combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom