• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferga

daww didnt win pax sivir :(
anyone in eu want to gift me a code? I'm in na :x

Tried my biweekly ranked game today.

I traded my ahri for cait since that guy was complaining he can't play ad, then got killed by MF before minion spawn. Soon our master yi died at blue, took 3 blue from ahri, and died to red because he too lazy to walk back.

MF was winning me by 30 cs, I just can't aim shits, our Jax died to yorick 2 times in top. I eventually got a kill when MF step all 3 of my freaking trap when she is running away.

Surprisingly no one was talking craps to each other, people were like "Yi you should be careful in jungle.", "it is fine, just farm", "don't worry jax, just defend yorick will fall off".

At the end, due to our nice manner, power of internet friendship, master yi backdooring, jax start gave up top and start roaming, and enemy mundo disconnected, we won.

SKILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how do you get these teams kiunch! I almost always have to carry my team in ranked and 70% of my teams want to kill each other in champ selection. :\

Today was a good day to play LoL apparently, I did not falter once. Won every lane, won through the jungle. Won as Rumble top, Vlad mid, Nunu bot, Shyv jungle, and Kennen top and mid. This makes up for a long day otherwise. :D
Same here.

I've played eight games today, and only lost one, as Ahri. Shaco was not banned. :(

T0p0id

Neo Member
I'm in euw and didn't get a code :( so if someone from NA can send 1 I would be really happy :D

so I've been trying to master Akali lately and I've had some good games, but I'm not really sure what to build with her. Any suggestions or guides? I usually start with hextech revolver -> mercury threads -> sheen and upgrade it to lich's bane, and then Im not really sure what to buy (the last 2 games were over by then :D)

bjaelke

I usually go with this Akali build.
Boots + 3 pots
Hextech Revolver
Mejai's Soulstealer*
Mercury Treads (Upgrade)
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Hextech Gunblade (Upgrade)
Lich Bane**
Death Cap/Void Staff***
Guardian Angel

*Akali is the champion with the highest snowballing potential. Get this item if you're doing well.
**Don't get this before you get some AP. Otherwise it's not very cost efficient.
***Only get Void Staff if they're stacking a lot of MR.

Apollyon

Neo Member
Just sent out 21 codes congrats to the winners. I didn't know the codes could be used multiple times on different servers so if the winners want to share with someone from a different server they can

EDIT: Also if I sent you a code that is invalid let me know. I had to copy down 21 codes and I may have copied it down wrong and I can double check it
I already had to fix one :p

Mine worked. Thanks again, sir.

Akali was really fun. I remember derping around the first time I played her and ended up with a Quadra without really trying. It's been so long, and I should really play her again sometime. How is effective is she after her nerfs?

Blizzard

Banned
how do you get these teams kiunch! I almost always have to carry my team in ranked and 70% of my teams want to kill each other in champ selection. :\
Kiunch started out good so that even though he's only played like 22 ranked games, he has like a 2800 rating (ok 1738 but still). Legend has it people at 1700 are nicer than 800. :(

y2dvd

Been having terrible teammate luck in ranked recently. This Kennen fed Arhi so hard. Arhi was 9/0 within 15 minutes. Every other lane was doing well, but it just takes one lane losing to mess it all up. How are these guys high 1600s? :\

FoxSpirit

Been having terrible teammate luck in ranked recently. This Kennen fed Arhi so hard. Arhi was 9/0 within 15 minutes. Every other lane was doing well, but it just takes one lane losing to mess it all up. How are these guys high 1600s? :\
This is not loosing, that is trolling. She was ganked in less than 2 minutes every single time, that includes death timer and running up to your lane again. Mid I assume.

And many thanks to vhfive for the Pax code, worked perfectly. Was redeemed on EUW so if you are from NA, drop me a PM :)

Inskipp

Just sent out 21 codes congrats to the winners. I didn't know the codes could be used multiple times on different servers so if the winners want to share with someone from a different server they can
Thanks you very much! Got my code working as well :)

DoornicK

Neo Member
If someone has used a code used in the NA server, that hasn't been redeemed in EUW, and want to make a fellow gamer happy, I would really really appreciate it! =)

XeroSauce

If someone has used a code used in the NA server, that hasn't been redeemed in EUW, and want to make a fellow gamer happy, I would really really appreciate it! =)

Have you gotten one yet? I used my NA one but I can PM you it to try on EUW.

Also, shout-out to vhfive for being a real bro and getting us the codes. Much love. <3

JesseZao

This is not loosing, that is trolling. She was ganked in less than 2 minutes every single time, that includes death timer and running up to your lane again. Mid I assume.

And many thanks to vhfive for the Pax code, worked perfectly. Was redeemed on EUW so if you are from NA, drop me a PM :)
I could use it on NA, sent pm! Thanks.

anyone played the new champ yet?

bjaelke

^
Patch is not live yet.
Akali was really fun. I remember derping around the first time I played her and ended up with a Quadra without really trying. It's been so long, and I should really play her again sometime. How is effective is she after her nerfs?

She's still very viable but does get countered by some of the sustain bruisers.

Boken

Banned
All these random EUgaffers appearing in the thread. Free PAX too strong.

You guys should actually make use of the Auto join and make EUgaf a real thing. Bjaelke I entrust making the channel to you.

T0p0id

Neo Member
Boots + 3 pots
Hextech Revolver
Mejai's Soulstealer*
Mercury Treads (Upgrade)
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Hextech Gunblade (Upgrade)
Lich Bane**
Death Cap/Void Staff***
Guardian Angel

*Akali is the champion with the highest snowballing potential. Get this item if you're doing well.
**Don't get this before you get some AP. Otherwise it's not very cost efficient.
***Only get Void Staff if they're stacking a lot of MR.

thanks! This is more or less what I had in mind, but you are right on not getting lich's bane until I get some AP. Im not really a fan of Mejai's, will have to try and see what happens..
Do you always get merc threads? Maybe the ones with mpen would be a good idea... And from what I see, its not really worth it to build any AD, right?

and sorry to ask again, but if someone has a code I can use in EU it would be appreciated :D

Blizzard

Banned
I used to hate akali to the point of banning her, but I have come to terms with her (potentially due to nerfs?). The main thing I love about her is seeing someone who is bad-to-average playing her in top lane, going into the pool, getting owned because of the pink ward I had put in the bush, and then being like "how did you see me" in global chat.

Merovin

EDIT: Also if I sent you a code that is invalid let me know. I had to copy down 21 codes and I may have copied it down wrong and I can double check it
I already had to fix one :p

Congrats to all the lucky winners! If anyone happens to be on the NA servers, and has no one to share the love with on EU-West, I will happily be there for them. ;)

bjaelke

All these random EUgaffers appearing in the thread. Free PAX too strong.

You guys should actually make use of the Auto join and make EUgaf a real thing. Bjaelke I entrust making the channel to you.
Neogaf EU is already a real thing (thanks to Inskipp?) I haven't been online for the past month or so.
thanks! This is more or less what I had in mind, but you are right on not getting lich's bane until I get some AP. Im not really a fan of Mejai's, will have to try and see what happens..
Do you always get merc threads? Maybe the ones with mpen would be a good idea... And from what I see, its not really worth it to build any AD, right?

and sorry to ask again, but if someone has a code I can use in EU it would be appreciated :D
I'd get Mercury's Treads in 90% of the cases. She's is very fragile and can be shut down by hard cc. If you get the Sorceress' Shoes you should also look at a Spellblade.

Fantomen

Neo Member
Anyone have a Pax skin over if they are feeling generous? :)

Also, not too many on EUGaf, been playing on a smurf account on EUNE. Main account on EUW, already have Auto join on the Neogaf channel there, would be fun if we could arrange a game there.

I bought Riven last night (I guess against some advice since I hadn't actually used her yet). Had a lot of fun with her, but didn't do super well. I only played a couple of games, but I feel like I might be starting to get the hang of it.

I appreciate the suggestion though since she is a button-y champ, just like I asked for.

Blizzard

Banned
I bought Riven last night (I guess against some advice since I hadn't actually used her yet). Had a lot of fun with her, but didn't do super well. I only played a couple of games, but I feel like I might be starting to get the hang of it.

I appreciate the suggestion though since she is a button-y champ, just like I asked for.
She's my main and I've played 100+ games with her, though I still feel like I'm kind of bad. In general here is the easy early game Riven though:

1. Always buy boots and potions to start with.
2. Always go top lane if using her, if possible...if you're low level then whatever, just don't go mid.
3. Try to get brutalizer and level 2 shoes as soon as possible -- mercury treads in most cases, or ninja tabi if you are taking lots of AD damage and the other team has lots of AD.
4. Build towards the lifesteal skull thingy, then bloodthirster, and other stuff after that (guardian's angel is a nice defensive item).
5. For button pressing stuff, try to learn the rhythm of the attacks and remember if you build over 3 stacks of your passive, it doesn't count, so you can do something like dash, attack, Q, attack, Q, attack, Q attack, stun, attack. Some people just mash something like QQQW and then try to attack, but I like being able to move around between the attacks. Depends on the situation, takes practice to learn. Once you get a cooldown item (brutalizer is what I like), you should be able to almost cycle through your Q's, W, and E and have the first one you used coming off of cooldown not long after you use your last one.

Oh, and max W first. It got nerfed slightly but it's still super useful to dash in, last hit/harass, and use Q to escape.

She's my main and I've played 100+ games with her, though I still feel like I'm kind of bad. In general here is the easy early game Riven though:

2. Always go top lane if using her, if possible...if you're low level then whatever, just don't go mid.
3. Try to get brutalizer and level 2 shoes as soon as possible -- mercury treads in most cases, or ninja tabi if you are taking lots of AD damage and the other team has lots of AD.
4. Build towards the lifesteal skull thingy, then bloodthirster, and other stuff after that (guardian's angel is a nice defensive item).
5. For button pressing stuff, try to learn the rhythm of the attacks and remember if you build over 3 stacks of your passive, it doesn't count, so you can do something like dash, attack, Q, attack, Q, attack, Q attack, stun, attack. Some people just mash something like QQQW and then try to attack, but I like being able to move around between the attacks. Depends on the situation, takes practice to learn. Once you get a cooldown item (brutalizer is what I like), you should be able to almost cycle through your Q's, W, and E and have the first one you used coming off of cooldown not long after you use your last one.

Oh, and max W first. It got nerfed slightly but it's still super useful to dash in, last hit/harass, and use Q to escape.

Thanks!

I was following a guide from solomid and getting Doran's blade first and some basic shoes, then a couple more Doran's blades until I could build bloodthirster. I need to mix it up a bit.

I really like the timing of Q, aa, Q, aa, Q, aa, W. It's fun. I need to get better at using my ultimate. It's crazy how short the cooldown is...and it's crazy how often I forget to use it, or even to use the final press of it!

Ferrio

Banned
Thanks!

I was following a guide from solomid and getting Doran's blade first and some basic shoes, then a couple more Doran's blades until I could build bloodthirster. I need to mix it up a bit.

I really like the timing of Q, aa, Q, aa, Q, aa, W. It's fun. I need to get better at using my ultimate. It's crazy how short the cooldown is...and it's crazy how often I forget to use it, or even to use the final press of it!

Starting with a dorans is really risky. Pretty much only time you should do it is if you're confident you can secure a kill within the first few levels. They're also nerfed next patch, which makes them way less attractive than boots+3 pots.

Blizzard

Banned
Thanks!

Doran's first could work for early harass, but the main thing about shoes is that they let you have mobility to dodge skillshots, chase other top lane people who didn't buy shoes, run away after stunning (or dash-stunning) someone, and so forth. Plus the healing from the potions is nice and should be much more than any health regen you would get from doran's lifesteal.

Regarding the ultimate, definitely don't forget to use the final press, since it is longrange and can do high damage as either a killing blow or a blow to make someone leave the lane. If you have high/full health and the other person doesn't have full health, and you can start the ult and full-combo them from inside your bush (dash to stun, then Q's and ult), you can make people's lives very unpleasant. If you have ignite (I bring flash ignite, some people might like flash teleport), you probably want to hit it early in the combo if you're trying to kill them so that by the time they are running and you shoot the ult at them, they'll have hopefully burned low enough to die.

Thanks!

Which solomid guide were you using? Doran's to start is never a good idea because you need sustain in lane.

You should always start with boots three pots or cloth 5. Base when you have around 1100 to get 2 dorans, pots, and ward.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Don't buy brut on Riven. She doesn't need the stats it gives.(Armor Pen is unnecessary since you almost always end up buying LW. Her CDRs at max level are relatively low so it not really neccesary on her and it builds into Youmuu's which is an auto attack item. Riven is not an auto attacker outside of her passive which benefits way more from straight damage than anything brut offers).

Most of all it just delays your bloodthirster. It sounds like the perfect item for her but it's really just not worth it. She benefits way more from holding onto the gold a bit longer and buying a BF

Rush bloodthirster as first item. If you can buy it and get it farmed before laning ends you will be extremely strong in mid game.

That's pretty much Riven in a nutshell. Build AD items. She pretty much benefits in every aspect from the stat.

And yeah like someone else said start boots or cloth armor and pots depending on matchup. I even have different runepages that I take depending on who I'm going to be facing top.(doesn't work in blind select though I guess)

(Riven is my most played ranked champ. I've gotten in the habit of just playing her in any role since no one else is fun for me right now. lol)

Blizzard

Banned
Don't buy brut on Riven. She doesn't need the stats it gives.(Armor Pen is unnecessary since you almost always end up buying LW. Her CDRs at max level are relatively low so it not really neccesary on her and it builds into Youmuu's which is an auto attack item. Riven is not an auto attacker outside of her passive which benefits way more from straight damage than anything brut offers).

Most of all it just delays your bloodthirster. It sounds like the perfect item for her but it's really just not worth it. She benefits way more from holding onto the gold a bit longer and buying a BF

Rush bloodthirster as first item. If you can buy it and get it farmed before laning ends you will be extremely strong in mid game.
My main thing is the cooldown...I don't run cooldown runes or get cooldown boots *edit maybe I do have CDR per level runes on my AD rune page*, and I'm practically convinced that there are many times when I wouldn't have been able to keep combo'ing, or wouldn't have been able to escape the people chasing me, except the lowered cooldowns allowed me to get the dash or stun up in time. It seems minor but it always seems to make a huge difference to me in both early lane damage and early lane mobility/escape/combo potential. I like mashing buttons and I can mash MORE buttons when I have that item.

You're probably way better than me though, so I should try the no-cooldown route perhaps. I still need to type up all my Riven stats from the last 100 games or so to see if I learned anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom