• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got Cass and have been having some fun learning her, but I am not sure I really understand how to burst with her.

Is it just to get a poison on them (Q), then once it pops, hit them with 2-3 .5 second cooldown Es? Doesn't seem to provide a huge burst, but maybe I'm doing it wrong.

I think the main fundamental I'm missing is keeping my passive procs rolling by casting Q every couple of seconds. But I feel like by doing that, I kill the creeps too quickly and push my line too far forward. I'm confused as to how to lane efficiently without pushing your line to their turret.

Ferrio

Banned
I got Cass and have been having some fun learning her, but I am not sure I really understand how to burst with her.

Is it just to get a poison on them (Q), then once it pops, hit them with 2-3 .5 second cooldown Es? Doesn't seem to provide a huge burst, but maybe I'm doing it wrong.

That's the idea. It's not huge burst like some characters (veigar, leblanc), but it's huge sustained damage. Lay down a W on them too.

I think the main fundamental I'm missing is keeping my passive procs rolling by casting Q every couple of seconds. But I feel like by doing that, I kill the creeps too quickly and push my line too far forward. I'm confused as to how to lane efficiently without pushing your line to their turret.

Don't use Q to farm early in the game, just your AA. Use it to harass your opponent, and maybe pick off a few creeps that are outta your range. Once you got a couple dorans/blue and levels you can start pushing the lane and roaming to top/bottom.

My build->
Boots+3 pots
2 dorans
Sorc Boots
Hextech Revolver->Will of ancients
Rabadons
Rylais.

Pretty standard stuff.

Currently runed with Mag pen reds, mana regen blues, and ap quints/seals.

FoxSpirit

Hi guys
Anyone who got a PAX code and used it for the NA server willing to share for EUW?? Want it for a friend, already have one myself.
My own code has been used on NA and EUW so far, if you are from a different one and are interested, just drop me a PM.

Best combo > ULT, cast miasma directly on opponent, q, then twin fangs then q.

If you don't have the ult, still cast miasma directly on them and use the speed boost from q to kite while hitting twin fangs and more qs while you can.

People still use the NeoGAF channel. Though I think theres plenty of Gaffers that play that don't. And there's those that ragequit Neogaf and just play by themselves now (SouthernDragon)

Called out.

Well, I dunno, I suspect I bring bad luck to GAF. Ask Achtius. I play with him, we lose. I leave, he and davidiscool win. :x

Blizzard

Banned
Electrastar never seems to join the GAF crowd anymore either. =(

Called out.

Well, I dunno, I suspect I bring bad luck to GAF. Ask Achtius. I play with him, we lose. I leave, he and davidiscool win. :x
I feel the same way, I join and people blame me (rightly so) for all the awful things I do. So, I feel like everyone hates me, and it's my fault they lose games, but then I see other people have bad games and people posting about horrible GAF losses and GAF players being cursed and it makes me feel slightly better in some awful way. :p

Ken

No one in the channel responds when I ask if anyone wants to play normal/solo queue so I get stuck with the Xin Zhao Panda Express on my team feeding Mordekaiser. :(

Electrastar never seems to join the GAF crowd anymore either. =(
She uninstalled until finals are over.

Also, your voice and demeanor are depressing.

Which is weird, because your typed persona is great! I can't figure it out. Then again, I'm an asshole in game... which I hate. I'm not an asshole IRL, honest!

No one in the channel responds when I ask if anyone wants to play normal/solo queue so I get stuck with the Xin Zhao Panda Express on my team feeding Mordekaiser. :(

You just have to send invites to all the people who are not in-game. Then you'll get some responses. Some people are just waiting to hear that *ding*

Ken

She uninstalled until finals are over.

Which is weird, because your typed persona is great! I can't figure it out. Then again, I'm an asshole in game... which I hate. I'm not an asshole IRL, honest!

You just have to send invites to all the people who are not in-game. Then you'll get some responses. Some people are just waiting to hear that *ding*
How do I sent invites to non-friends?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
How do I sent invites to non-friends?

Start a lobby first, then from the invite button, at the bottom it says friends/chatrooms. Just invite everyone in the NeoGAF chatroom.

To be honest, the reason I stopped playing with GAF so much is
I like to listen to music when I play and I can't do that and be on Mumble at the same time. It's too hard to make out what my team is saying.

Yeah.

Blizzard

Banned
It's that time again, time to post a screenshot people can make fun of:

hour_1lll27.png

Solo ranked, I wanted to play lulu if I had to support, but was ordered to go alistar. Ashe was...kind of terrible, I guess? By like 30 minutes she had maybe 40 minion kills after being left on her own in the lane to free farm when the turret was destroyed, and I had more minions than her. I politely suggested that she practice last hitting, and they said they had only played Ashe a couple of times or something. Anyway, lulu and miss fortune were crushing, I was doing badly, lulu probably didn't die until 30 minutes in, and I think the other team was ahead by 10-20 kills.

And yet, we took out the nexus at 65 minutes or so, despite having possibly lost all our inhibitors at one point earlier in the game. It turns out that with 2 good players and at least 5 stun/snare moves, even a bad start can be overcome.

I felt that I started to be more useful later on -- I tanked a turret or two. I think I even initiated a teamfight by ulting and walking into the enemy team, and we won it? It's kind of funny when you get enough armor how much damage alistar can take since it's like 70% damage reduction (presumably on top of whatever defense items he already has?)

AcridMeat

Banned
To be honest, the reason I stopped playing with GAF so much is
I like to listen to music when I play and I can't do that and be on Mumble at the same time. It's too hard to make out what my team is saying.

Yeah.

I do both. Speakers with music headset with mumble. Annoyed comrades :D

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Fiddlesticks needs a new passive. It's so bad. If they tweaked it a bit he might be viable again.
He would still be a single target jungler reliant on blue buff in an AOE jungling blue buff donating world. I think his passive is fine. In a team fight situation you're getting rid of 50 MR if everyone is there.

JesseZao

He would still be a single target jungler reliant on blue buff in an AOE jungling blue buff donating world. I think his passive is fine. In a team fight situation you're getting rid of 50 MR if everyone is there.

And then if Soraka is on the enemy team, they merely net 6 MR for each of their players. Boring.

FoxSpirit

Hi guys
Anyone who got a PAX code and used it for the NA server willing to share for EUW?? Want it for a friend, already have one myself.
My own code has been used on NA and EUW so far, if you are from a different one and are interested, just drop me a PM.
Sorry for quoting myself, but before sleep, I thought I'd repost. :)

inky

I checked the stream of this guy Dyrus from TSM and OMG, he has such an annoying voice, I don't know how he has 11k viewers honestly. I guess you could mute him, but damn.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I checked the stream of this guy Dyrus from TSM and OMG, he has such an annoying voice, I don't know how he has 11k viewers honestly. I guess you could mute him, but damn.
Whoa. What kind of blasphemy is this?

So I've been smurfing Evelynn the last couple days and man, she's fun. Totally worthless when you play her against experienced people but I really like her playstyle. Hope they buff her someday to be useful again.

Blizzard

Banned
You do that by making the enemy top laner useless since he beats basically everyone. Then his ult carries late game.
Entertainingly, this just happened in a GAF game. Blind pick (I was told it's a normal game and if you want draft you should play ranked :p) resulted in lee sin vs yorick top. The enemy yorick won top and proceeded to ult tryndamere for the rest of the game.

I didn't realize ulting someone like tryndamere early means 8-16 seconds of invincibility due to the first life plus second life, not counting tryndamere's ult. That's pretty strong.

Avinexus

Not when whoever you ult is not too bright. :|

You ult your AD carry near the beginning of the fight and it is an instant 6v5 with the ghost, you don't use it like a Zilean ult. Doesn't really matter how good he is, unless he has no farm, in which case you wouldn't be ulting him anyways.

When he joined TSM his daily viewers doubled. He never got near 10k before then unless he was streaming when nobody else popular was on. The TSM effect.

brian!

he used to be my favorite streamer, but all of sudden he's been using some really harsh language (
retard, fag, etc.
). His stream is fun sometimes, but he really seems into himself lately. I don't know, maybe he was always like that, but I used to think he was pretty laid back. But he does live in the TSM house, which might explain it a bit (it's actually kind of unnerving to see streams from the house, it's really messy, real brostyle dudes living there, and now that the coach is gone they are eating junk and not sleeping again). I appreciate what Dyrus said at the end of IPL though, even though its invited some really dumbass gamer backlash. TSM is definitely the best LoL reality show though. Their streams are like their tourney games; when its bad its BAD, and when its great its GREAT.

I like Nhat's stream the most now I think, the music really brings it to the next level.

inky

I just didn't like his voice, didn't stay long, so don't know about the language, but if he is anything like Demon from Dota 2 I guess I know what he's about =/

I didn't know they all lived together but his team is really good, so I guess it's working.

Boken

Banned
So many new faces in the thread. Sniff, it's so beautiful /tear

To business...
Called out.

Honestly, there's no such thing as bad luck and youre not REALLY leaving the channel for the sake of others.
I feel the same way, I join and people blame me (rightly so) for all the awful things I do. So, I feel like everyone hates me, and it's my fault they lose games, but then I see other people have bad games and people posting about horrible GAF losses and GAF players being cursed and it makes me feel slightly better in some awful way. :p
There's no sense to be blaming you, especially with the way team ELO works. Assuming your ELO is the lowest on the GAF team every time, you will also ALWAYS be lower than the average ELO of the team. Technically you don't belong there, and it's up to the other people to carry. If you lost, it's their fault they didn't carry.
Rofl this is so true. My image of summons is eternally this meek, low esteem teenager.... He's also so negative and down on himself. Suthurn also rages.
I avoid you because youre level 15 or something.
It's that time again, time to post a screenshot people can make fun of:
hour_1lll27.png
I will always be afraid of somebody called darthDERP1. He even added a number in there.

methane47

So I've tried 3 PvP matches...
and I'm not that displeased with the results.

especially the last game:
O2WGJ.png

Pretty much i was playing pretty well and not overextending myself.. .And I lucked out that there was only one champ playing bottom... and i was the only ally there as well.. so i was able to last hit alot + was able to harass a poor champion and get a couple kills out of it.

My lane was the only lane to progress. I took it all the way up into their base and when i destroyed the inhibitor they surrendered.

SOoo proud right now

Eaa2R.png

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

O2WGJ.png

Pretty much i was playing pretty well and not overextending myself.. .And I lucked out that there was only one champ playing bottom... and i was the only ally there as well.. so i was able to last hit alot + was able to harass a poor champion and get a couple kills out of it.

My lane was the only lane to progress. I took it all the way up into their base and when i destroyed the inhibitor they surrendered.

SOoo proud right now

Eaa2R.png

So many revive, were they celebrating Easter?

Boken

Banned

O2WGJ.png

SOoo proud right now

Eaa2R.png

You should stick to PvP. You're way better than the people in your ELO bracket. (the game will shoot you in a better one)

So many revive, were they celebrating Easter?
Fk u kinich these people are level 4 or something

Ferga

So I've been smurfing Evelynn the last couple days and man, she's fun. Totally worthless when you play her against experienced people but I really like her playstyle. Hope they buff her someday to be useful again.

A guy only played eve in ranked and got to 1900 or 2000 elo i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom