• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

methane47

N66sL.png

Even with a terrible team.. SOME HOW... even after losing the baron and golem buff... our team STILL managed to pull out a win... dispite losing in almost every category!!

WOw

Ken

Ezreal is pretty fun, but I wish his ult did more damage and his W could slow enemies it passes through or something.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
N66sL.png

Even with a terrible team.. SOME HOW... even after losing the baron and golem buff... our team STILL managed to pull out a win... dispite losing in almost every category!!

WOw

So much heal.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Victor is akward to use.
Don't use smartcast on his laser. I've had a lot of success with him this week because his burst is so high and his survivability is pretty great too. Need to work on placing the stun/slow box though because the range on it is so short. If you miss his laser you can really screw up in a teamfight, but he's really fun for me. His poke is crazy in lane. I'm not sure if it's the servers right now but the laser bugs out too often.

Slouisk

Neo Member
Don't use smartcast on his laser. I've had a lot of success with him this week because his burst is so high and his survivability is pretty great too. Need to work on placing the stun/slow box though because the range on it is so short. If you miss his laser you can really screw up in a teamfight, but he's really fun for me. His poke is crazy in lane. I'm not sure if it's the servers right now but the laser bugs out too often.

I play viktor whenever i need to play ap mid... I actually use smartcast on everything but his stun since its such a weird range (at least for me). I don't find his laser hard to use at all on smartcast. I actually use Aranium's guide on solomid. It works really well. The key to hitting your laser in lane is not to use it just to poke since it costs to much mana. If they are in range of your q, its really easy to just q and then hit your laser on them. Try to drag it to where you think they will go, its actually pretty easy. At level 6, if they get in range of your q, I just go for the kill since Vikors burst at lvl 6 is just crazy.

What I love about Vikor the most in teamfights is his ability to kill the squishies directly. Your w and q protects from close range bruisers while your ulti just fallows around theirs squishies effectively zoning them out of the fight. Even if you don't hit your laser, especially late game your ulti does enough to basically kill their ad. Oh and yeah.. his laser bugs out a lot... Sometimes it doesn't go through its whole animation or it won't deal damage when you think it will. But overall, if you use him right he just destroys, both in lane and in teamfights.

dimb

Maybe I'm just missing something, but spells like Rumble's ult or Viktor's laser literally do not work with smartcasting on for me.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't use smart casting so no problem there.

In fact I wish there was some way to turn smartcasting of for karth and cass.

dimb

Hmmm I probably disagree on this.

I think smart casting is going to beat regular any time of the day. Of course, it's up to the user for preference.
There's only a few things I don't smart cast on, and they're usually stuff I feel need very specific positioning or that I want to hit just perfectly at a long range. So things like Veigar stun or Blitz grab where I need to be more reliable with where they're going just tend go better without smartcasting.

Blizzard

Banned
Smartcast took some getting used to for me with click-jump abilities. However, I think I've been fine other than that, except for some weird cases today where I -thought- I would press kat's Q or E, with the mouse over a unit, and nothing would happen at all.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

First time carrying a game as a support, I'm surprised I got as many kills as I did. Had to rally my idiotic team to stick together instead of getting constantly ganked 2v1 and even had to mass ping baron for them to listen.

But it was totally worth it in the end, since the enemy team was bming us the entire game.

Inskipp

http://i.imgur.com/N66sL.png[IMG]

WOw[/QUOTE]
If you get an early advantage, you need to use it to end the game before the enemy can play catch up.

Also, Frozen Mallet on Ashe is pretty bad, since you already have an built in slow in your Q.
[quote="Legato.Reborn-, post: 37196266"]Hmmm I probably disagree on this.

I think smart casting is going to beat regular any time of the day. Of course, it's up to the user for preference. [/QUOTE]
Have you ever tried smart casting Veigars stun? Getting it aimed precisely is very difficult with smart cast, unless you've familiarized it down to the bone.

On a technical stand point, you're correct. But smart casting spells that require precise aiming can be very tricky.

methane47

If you get an early advantage, you need to use it to end the game before the enemy can play catch up.

Also, Frozen Mallet on Ashe is pretty bad, since you already have an built in slow in your Q.

Question for you then... What can i replace Dorans with when i have like $1500 and i'm back at the base?

Avinexus

but that doesn't give me any extra health :S

I dont get the mallet for the slow... i get the mallet for the health + AD

The amount of health you have is no a priority on AD carries. You need to focus more on your positioning during fights if you feel you need a Frozen Mallet, the extra health won't help you if you get caught anyways, you will be dead no matter what. Boots of Swiftness are also bad and you should never buy them, ever, on anything.

but that doesn't give me any extra health :S

I dont get the mallet for the slow... i get the mallet for the health + AD
You don't want a defensive item, especially early game. If it's your first trip back and you have that much, you want a BF Sword. Later in the game, get a QSS or GA or Banshee's Veil. You still don't want FM.

^Add MoM on the list of the defensive items AD carries should get. IE/PD/BT are still priority though, but QSS is cheap enough to consider mid-game if they enemy team is really heavy on CC.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Well it's Monday. Here's to hoping Riot does a bunch of backend work this week, and we get some patches that fix some of the gosh dang funking redonkulous issues we've had post patch.

Blizzard

Banned
Well they recently blocked LoLreplay from tracking endgame stats.

So yeah, Riot has definitely set their priorities straight!
There was an ingame announcement about there being a problem with endgame stats, and endgame stats no longer show team kills/deaths/assists, or total normal game wins/losses. That might then cause LoLreplay to not pick them up.

I don't know whether those changes were BECAUSE of the bug(s), or if those changes were intended to block LoLreplay.

Inskipp

There was an ingame announcement about there being a problem with endgame stats, and endgame stats no longer show team kills/deaths/assists, or total normal game wins/losses. That might then cause LoLreplay to not pick them up.
I never saw this announcement in my client. All I know for certain is that after the Hecarim bugfix- patch, LR stopped tracking.

Whether or not Riot stopped it intentionally, I cannot say for sure. It does feel rather unsettling however that after a long time of not being able to track stats, the stat tracking worked for a while (I think it was after Lulu- patch), and in their latest bugfix- patch it stopped working again.

garath

The amount of health you have is no a priority on AD carries. You need to focus more on your positioning during fights if you feel you need a Frozen Mallet, the extra health won't help you if you get caught anyways, you will be dead no matter what. Boots of Swiftness are also bad and you should never buy them, ever, on anything.

Pretty much what Avinexus said. If you are going to buy any defensive items on an AD carry make it a Guardian Angel or a Quicksilver sash. QSS can cancel most stuns and Guardian Angel is basically a second life when you get in a teamfight and you get focused down first.

Wrekt

I don't smartcast. I need dem visual markers!

There is an option in the menu (though I'm not sure what it is called) where you can show visual markers with a smart-cast. Basically you can see the marker as long as you hold down the button. I have it turned on but hardly ever use it, since some of the visual markers can be deceptive. Talon's W goes quite a bit farther than the marker, for example.

Blizzard

Banned
There is an option in the menu (though I'm not sure what it is called) where you can show visual markers with a smart-cast. Basically you can see the marker as long as you hold down the button. I have it turned on but hardly ever use it, since some of the visual markers can be deceptive. Talon's W goes quite a bit farther than the marker, for example.
Yep, I have it turned on, and it's nice for checking range or whatever, presumably. What's the best way to cancel it if you're holding a button down though? Escape or something?

Pretty much what Avinexus said. If you are going to buy any defensive items on an AD carry make it a Guardian Angel or a Quicksilver sash. QSS can cancel most stuns and Guardian Angel is basically a second life when you get in a teamfight and you get focused down first.
I understand this reasoning and I probably wouldn't normally get something besides banshee's veil or guardian angel on AD carries, but I once saw a frozen mallet + warmogs + atma's impaler Graves. With his passive defensive boosts, plus all that, it was completely ludicrous. He had more HP than a 6-stack Cho'gath, like 4000+, plus high defensive stats, plus good damage.

John

So I think I've hit pretty much the bottom of elo in the past couple of months, which is fine I guess. What's weird is that teams with no jungler always beat teams with junglers down here

garath

So I think I've hit pretty much the bottom of elo in the past couple of months, which is fine I guess. What's weird is that teams with no jungler always beat teams with junglers down here

That'll generally happen because the 1v2 lane gets crushed. A person in a 1v2 needs to play super passive and stick to that turret like glue. Ideally, if the solo person doesn't die, he massively outlevels the two and with a gank or two, he can turn the tides. The jungler also needs to make sure the other lanes are winning well and farm both jungles to make up the difference. But what usually happens is the 1v2 gets hammered hard and loses 2 turrets quick then at least one of the 2 starts roaming and hurting other lanes. Also the jungler rarely makes a big enough impact to make up for it.

Same thing happens at lower summoner level normals.

y2dvd

I see. I don't like the idea of holding the button to keep the marker up but I know that's not the intention of smartcasting. I might try to practice it although it'll be hard at this point.

Yep, I have it turned on, and it's nice for checking range or whatever, presumably. What's the best way to cancel it if you're holding a button down though? Escape or something?

I understand this reasoning and I probably wouldn't normally get something besides banshee's veil or guardian angel on AD carries, but I once saw a frozen mallet + warmogs + atma's impaler Graves. With his passive defensive boosts, plus all that, it was completely ludicrous. He had more HP than a 6-stack Cho'gath, like 4000+, plus high defensive stats, plus good damage.

It's what someone mentioned earlier. If you're getting focused, then you are getting caught outta position or your teammates needs to do a better job of keeping them off of you. As the carry, your team will get more benefits if you get dmg items.

Ferga

I just 3v1ed a fed graves, soraka and lee sin with ryze (I was 5/4/0) and came out with a double kill.

Spell vamp and ignite, how I love thee

XeroSauce

Nashor's Tooth on Jungle Nautilus after Philo, Hog, and Boots? Y/N?

Generally I go for Aegis but sometimes my support gets it.

Slouisk

Neo Member

I would actually have to disagree to a certain extent. I love getting frozen in place of GA or QSS if they have a team with a lot of diver/ champs with jumps, especially against nocturne or leesin or people like them. With frozen you wont immediately die to them in 2 hits late game and you can kite better. On Kog or Trist it also gives the added benefit of catching one of your opponents late game with a constant slow. But it totally depends on the team comp. If you have really good protection like Ali you don't need to worry about defense as much.

Ferrio

Banned
Frozen is a decent item for an AD carry but mostly for the slow, so it's wasted on ashe. Either way, in an ideal team setup you shouldn't need it and should never be rushed for sure.

garath

I would actually have to disagree to a certain extent. I love getting frozen in place of GA or QSS if they have a team with a lot of diver/ champs with jumps, especially against nocturne or leesin or people like them. With frozen you wont immediately die to them in 2 hits late game and you can kite better. On Kog or Trist it also gives the added benefit of catching one of your opponents late game with a constant slow. But it totally depends on the team comp. If you have really good protection like Ali you don't need to worry about defense as much.

Maaaaybe on a Kog if facing a Nocturne (Lee shouldn't be landing his Qs if you are in the back line of a teamfight), but Ashe already has a built in slow and you won't die to a couple hits from a Nocturne, you'll die from the fear and a repeated hits. QSS breaks the fear, built in Ashe slow kites you away from him. Trist doesn't fear dives at all. Just hop away.

Frozen mallet is at best a very situational item. That 3k gold is usually MUCH better spent elsewhere.

Samyy

okay so after ditching lee sin as I cant seem to play him at all i picked up Vlad, fell in love and even bought his legendary skin. Sometimes I do real awesome but sometimes I just get wrecked D:, any tips gaf? I'll probably just play vlad for a whileeee

garath

okay so after ditching lee sin as I cant seem to play him at all i picked up Vlad, fell in love and even bought his legendary skin. Sometimes I do real awesome but sometimes I just get wrecked D:, any tips gaf? I'll probably just play vlad for a whileeee

Keep your tides of blood stacked (just cast it while running around as needed). Vlad is a solid late game champ, just keep farming.

Bought a 3 day IP boost this weekend with left over points I got from an RP card for Christmas. I ended up getting almost 3000ip. I think I won like 7 normal games and lost maybe 3 or 4. I ended up playing a lot of games vs bots, because they go quick and I don't have time sometimes to play a game that could possibly last 40-60 minutes.

This is the third time now I've come back to the game. I think taking a break from this game every couple of months is a good idea, because I just end up getting so fed up with the community that I can't stand it anymore and then I come back a few months later and usually don't mind putting up with the bullshit...for the time being.

I should really just play with GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom