• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The feeling when you lost because it was your fault. : (

Unless they are a troll or refuse to listen. Its seldom one person's fault.

For example, if someone is getting beat in a lane. Offer to switch. Be surprised how many players are idiots and refuse to do this. Instead rather bitch about how they lost the lane and the match for the team.

Zissou

Yeah, that totally decreases over time. As for people that play like her... hm. What do you like about her?

What I like about Ahri is the ability to harass from a long distance with her Q, and also use it to really quickly take out a line of minions for easy farming. Her cc with charm is nice too. I played with Anivia for a little while when she was free and liked her ability to harass people from behind the cover of minions while laning and then fuck with people with the ice wall. I guess I like ranged units with cc or options to restrict enemy movement who can kind of selectively engage and disengage from fights safely, who can also kill minions quickly when the need arises to clear them out or something. People were saying Xerath has absurd range which peaked my curiosity...

Cromat

Is this game easy to get into?

I'd like to play a free online game and LoL seems just right but I'm kinda scared :/

bjaelke

We get it.... you have something against Shyvana... ok good for you.

And no she is not as good as Skarner and Udyr... you just mentioned the two top junglers in the game.
It's not just him though. Saintvicious and TheOddOne also have something against her, claiming that she lacks "something".

On the other hand, every champion can be godlike in solo queue. That's the danger of playing solo queue.

I'd like to play a free online game and LoL seems just right but I'm kinda scared :/
I'd say yes. There's a tutorial and you can play with/against bots just to get familiar with the different mechanics.

Later today there'll be a tournament featuring some of the best teams in North America. It'll give you a lot of insight into the game as well.

The feeling when you lost because it was your fault. : (

Tell me about it. Sometimes you can acknowledge you were part of the reason, but there were a lot of other factors but...

That feeling that comes from knowing that YOU were the sole factor because you botched a team fight or were out of position...
What I like about Ahri is the ability to harass from a long distance with her Q, and also use it to really quickly take out a line of minions for easy farming. Her cc with charm is nice too. I played with Anivia for a little while when she was free and liked her ability to harass people from behind the cover of minions while laning and then fuck with people with the ice wall. I guess I like ranged units with cc or options to restrict enemy movement who can kind of selectively engage and disengage from fights safely, who can also kill minions quickly when the need arises to clear them out or something. People were saying Xerath has absurd range which peaked my curiosity...

You might like Gragas a lot, although he isn't ranged. He relies a lot on ranged skillshots, but they are AoE and fast. Karthus, Kennen, Xerath and Zilean are good choice for what you want, too.

It's not, but if you play with the GAF community we can make it much easier. The game is difficult for several reasons, but GAF can tell you what's proper playstyle, item builds, skill and item order, positioning, ect. The hard part will be gaining experience, but that can only be done through... playing and gaining experience!

We're pretty friendly, so jump right in!

That's a good idea. $20 isn't bad. Considering I've already played it more than some $60 games I own.

If you get two of the champion backs, I'm pretty sure you'll have something like 60% of the champions in-game. It's pretty good, and a lot of powerful champions are included.

Ferrio

Banned
Sorry bout bailing in queue last night. It was late, and I wanted a quick win before bed... but our champ selection wasn't really in favor of that outcome. Especially after our previous game.

Zissou

You might like Gragas a lot, although he isn't ranged. He relies a lot on ranged skillshots, but they are AoE and fast. Karthus, Kennen, Xerath and Zilean are good choice for what you want, too.

Thanks for the advice. I like the looks of Xerath and Zilean, so I'll probably give one of them a shot next.

For the new page:

I'm just starting LoL (level 9) and am loving it so far. However, when I get unhelpful teammates, teammates who don't speak English, raqe-quitters, etc. it take some of the fun out of it. I'd like to learn more and play with people who try to work together...

ID is DeadFalling

Ferrio

Banned
For the new page:

I'm just starting LoL (level 9) and am loving it so far. However, when I get unhelpful teammates, teammates who don't speak English, raqe-quitters, etc. it take some of the fun out of it. I'd like to learn more and play with people who try to work together...

ID is DeadFalling

Just join the Neogaf LoL channel. Tons of us in there, someone always asking for players to play with.

Speaking of Zilean I should pick him up. Played him before and he doesn't excite me too much BUT whenever I fight against him it's a painful evil experience that i despise. I wish to inflict this pain upon others.

y2dvd

Kinda 'duh' advice for Zilean but make sure you do not get caught in middle in team fights. If you get focused first, you will have to blow your ult on yourself, which is a complete waste. Keep that carry alive and sac yourself if you have to because after two bombs, there's a whole lot of not much else you could do.

Zissou

For the new page:

ID is DeadFalling

I just started playing too- lvl8 right now. I'll add you. My ID is madmrbacon

EXGN

I actually rage uninstalled last night - I emerged from initial ranking process going 6/5 with a plus 1200 elo, only to lose 4 ranked games in a row. Highlights included a 2/9 Skarner that ulted the enemy Malphite into me (Graves), a Garen that demanded solo top and went 0/6 against the enemy MF and one game with a leaver. In my opinion, only one of those losses was because the enemy team as a whole outplayed my team as a whole.

I know it's never one person's fault for a loss, but it certainly is enough to make me want to ax murder someone. I remember why I stopped playing ranked solo queue. I guess I'm a masochist though because I'm now redownloading.

Somehow we won the game lol
LOL2.png

the other 4 players on my team were Chinese :(

Mxrz

28'ish still, but haven't played much in the last month. The +450rp got me the LeBlanc skin, woot. But I never get to play her since no one in solos gives a shit about team structure and think insta-locking 4 or 5 ap or ad carries is fine.

Game leaves me annoyed a lot. I was a big fan of TTL there for a while, but now it feels like I either pick Singed, or lose at the loading screen. People seem to want to farm up and generally dick around instead of taking advantage of kills/aces, and taking towers. Doesn't help that almost every match has a Trynd, Yi, or GP (or all three, hurrk.)

I suspect I'm playing the game wrong most of the time.

Ferrio

Banned
28'ish still, but haven't played much in the last month. The +450rp got me the LeBlanc skin, woot. But I never get to play her since no one in solos gives a shit about team structure and think insta-locking 4 or 5 ap or ad carries is fine.

Game leaves me annoyed a lot. I was a big fan of TTL there for a while, but now it feels like I either pick Singed, or lose at the loading screen. People seem to want to farm up and generally dick around instead of taking advantage of kills/aces, and taking towers. Doesn't help that almost every match has a Trynd, Yi, or GP (or all three, hurrk.)

I suspect I'm playing the game wrong most of the time.

Are you on the NA server? If so join the neogaf channel.

AcridMeat

Banned
Such a relief to finally have a good game again. I think I beat my record for assists in a game, had 29.

Also,
4Bf5R.jpg

YESSS
HBvxS.jpg

PIRATE LAAAAANE (I realize the greatness of the timing on this one)

Wrekt

I try to stay as far away from weeaboo as I can, but I just tried Ahri and goddamn is she fun. I don't want to buy her, but when she comes up on sale I might not be able to resist.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I just do not understand people who tryhard dominion.

Hero

Ugh. Those in house games last night really got to me, was in a bad mood before it. Jecosm, sorry if I came off as a dick. Needed help with ganks on Nida before she farmed and she started to snowball.

I also can't play an AD carry right now on my laptop. Anytime we get into group fights my FPS goes to shit and then with people pinging constantly I don't even have time to react and I'm dead. Going through with a Newegg order soon and hopefully should have a really good build in a week or so.

We get it.... you have something against Shyvana... ok good for you.

And no she is not as good as Skarner and Udyr... you just mentioned the two top junglers in the game.

What exactly is your deal with comparing a relatively new character who is a jungler to previously known, existing champions who are better junglers? I'm not saying it's an autoloss if someone picks her but what she does can be found in other champions and much better. Ferrio plays a great jungle Shyvana but I'd still rather him do a Skarner.

Ragnamith

Anybody here played some Le Blanc?
I used to hate LB players just cause she seems so "easy mode"... but sometimes it's just really fun to stomp AP's in mid.
A problem I've been having with LB though is that I fail to make myself usefull in lategame teamfights.
I'm usually blown up before I can combo or even begin my deadly combo. I'll have to use my W to dash away and sometimes even ult along with it.
I aim to blow up their AP or AD carry but when well played these people are in the back of the enemy team while I myself am also in the back of my own team so there is quite a distance.

It's just annoying to lose when your stats are like 16-3 :p

I was 5-0 in Ranked yesterday with Kennen. He's really hard to stop, thankfully Ahri (aka the bane of my existence) was banned every game.

It's interesting to see the new bans people are coming up with, seen Soraka, Graves, Vayne, and Xerath getting banned. It looks like the amount of different bans is increasing, which should mean a better balance overall. If he was played more often, I would start banning Wukong a lot. Once they nerf Ahri a bit, I think they will actually be at a reasonable balance where you can ban who you or your team personally don't want to face, rather than the default six we've had at times.

Veritas_

Anybody here played some Le Blanc?
I used to hate LB players just cause she seems so "easy mode"... but sometimes it's just really fun to stomp AP's in mid.
A problem I've been having with LB though is that I fail to make myself usefull in lategame teamfights.
I'm usually blown up before I can combo or even begin my deadly combo. I'll have to use my W to dash away and sometimes even ult along with it.
I aim to blow up their AP or AD carry but when well played these people are in the back of the enemy team while I myself am also in the back of my own team so there is quite a distance.

It's just annoying to lose when your stats are like 16-3 :p

What you just described is the intended gameplay design of LeBlanc. She blows up enemies in 1v1 and has an incredible early/mid game with a hardcore drop off in the late game due to scaling and the nature of her kit. This is supposed to happen, it's her balance. The best you can do is win the game early before late game champs such as Vayne/Tryndamere/and tanks pick up steam. Basically, you did everything right so don't feel too bad about it. Best advice for late game teamfights is to try and stay back/hidden and only engage when their tanks/initiators have started the fight. It's not always possible, but your best shot.

I love LeBlanc in normal blind pick, but she's less useful in ranked when people can counter pick. Good luck!

Veritas_

Morgana and Sivir are great counters. Otherwise you just have to rush some magic resist and out-farm her. Le Blanc is not very effective at CSing, so in due time you'll be able to take her on.

Yup. Kinda like Ryze in that if you keep the creep wave constantly pushed, she'll have an incredibly hard time keeping up in CS. Of course, this keeps you in constant danger of ganks.

Wrekt

Fuck Mord. Just got stuck in a lane against him as Xerath and couldn't pop his shield for shit. He steamrolled the rest of the game.

It didn't help that my Skarner stayed in the jungle until level 12, but whatever. I was the only English speaker on the team. I don't know why Koreans are so afraid to engage. I don't know how their games ever end.

Crazetex

Just got into this game last week, thanks to a friend. Have already spent over $20, not including a $10 gift card I got to get said friend Ahri for Christmas, haha.

I'm really loving Morgana and Graves.

First game of 2012, ended at 3:20am haha.

Amazing match. Thought it was gonna suck since Garen was AFK until 5 minutes into the match and I had to solo top. We started to win the game into late game until they started building tanks (DAT OLAF). That was the point we started to lose and I really thought we lost the game since we got aced like twice. We even lost a fight when we had baron buff. Told people to get Madreds and nagged MF to stick with us since she kept going alone to farm. Finally caught them at Baron then scored an ace and proceeded to win the match. :D

JN6Al.jpg

Veritas_

On a massive losing streak. 1620 down to 1400. I can accept that I got carried a bit up to 1600, had some lucky games and such but man... This is rough. Going to take a break for a while. Anybody have any tips for getting out of a funk like this? Play some troll builds on normal games? Oh well. Good luck to the rest of you in 2012!

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Fuck Mord. Just got stuck in a lane against him as Xerath and couldn't pop his shield for shit. He steamrolled the rest of the game.

It didn't help that my Skarner stayed in the jungle until level 12, but whatever. I was the only English speaker on the team. I don't know why Koreans are so afraid to engage. I don't know how their games ever end.

Mord is pretty easy to counter, just don't harass him until his shield degenerate. Don't stand on top of your minion when you fight him, try to position yourself so he can't harass you and recharge shield from minion at the same time.

If he use minion to recharge his shield, the lane should be push, make a easy gang for your jungle.

Just getting into this game, and looking for champ recommendations. I liked playing Galio when he was free, but now that I have to buy him, I was wondering if there was anyone else who's like him, but better and/or more fun to play?

Hey guys, I just played my first game of this genre (Rise of Immortals). How does that one compare to this game?

Should I go ahead and grab this one if I liked Rise of Immortals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom