• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merovin

Hey guys, I just played my first game of this genre (Rise of Immortals). How does that one compare to this game?

Should I go ahead and grab this one if I liked Rise of Immortals?

If you liked Rise of Immortals, then yes, it's a far superior and more balanced game. I've only played a few games of Rise of Immortals, so I don't know what the community is like, that could be the only thing to get to you on League, some of the randoms, are dicks. Lol.

Veritas_

Just getting into this game, and looking for champ recommendations. I liked playing Galio when he was free, but now that I have to buy him, I was wondering if there was anyone else who's like him, but better and/or more fun to play?

Gragas is a hoot to play. Safe and strong lane phase with a killer ult (1.0 AP ratio!). I feel like he tapers off a bit in the late game, but early/mid is pure domination.

I start with a Doran's and Q. Just farm with barrel and rack up cs. I like to stack Doran's on him early, then convert over to better items as I rack up kills. If you toss the Q barrel in between the caster and melee creeps you can clear the entire wave if you have enough AP.

You might find it hard to land his Q and ult at first, but stick with it. Don't let the negative nancies on your team bring you down for missing. But be aware that you're expected to initiate most fights with your ult.

garath

well I now have 3150 ip, enough to get some decent champions. However, I think I'm just going to cave and buy the champion pack for ~$30 and save my ip for one of the 6k champions once I get more familiar with the game. That way I can work Kassadin and Katarina once I lose Irelia when she's no longer free. Too bad, I'm getting real comfortable with her.

Buying the $35 RP pack seems fair enough. I've already played this game a ton in the last week. After the champions pack at 3410, I'll still have 1890 rp, enough for 2 more champions if the mood strikes me.

AcridMeat

Banned
Unlocking the butterfly Kog skin has rekindled my love for him. He's such a lovely sluggy guy.

edit: Limited availability is presumably for the holiday runes they put out. (discount runes)

If you liked Rise of Immortals, then yes, it's a far superior and more balanced game. I've only played a few games of Rise of Immortals, so I don't know what the community is like, that could be the only thing to get to you on League, some of the randoms, are dicks. Lol.

understood. looks like I've found a new community to hang out in!

I suppose Dota2 is similar as well?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Hey guys, I just played my first game of this genre (Rise of Immortals). How does that one compare to this game?

Should I go ahead and grab this one if I liked Rise of Immortals?

If you liked RoI then I think you might be broken.

oh hush.

well I played it for a few hours, which isn't enough to formulate a serious opinion of a game with so many options and whatnot...but the game seemed fine, as the opinion of one who is a newb to such games. So yea, I think I like the genre.

Guess I'll just go straight to LoL, and then maybe Dota2 if I get an invite.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

They have pretty awesome "Champion Spotlight" where instead of having a narrator, the champion tell your their back-story for like a minute, describe their own ability, then tell you how to build them.

I now want a Mundo champion spotlight that's narrated by Mundo in first person.

Fantomen

Neo Member
Anyone playing on EU?
Have a lvl 30 account on East and an alt account on West (lvl 10).
PM me so i can join EU Neogaf :)

They have pretty awesome "Champion Spotlight" where instead of having a narrator, the champion tell your their back-story for like a minute, describe their own ability, then tell you how to build them.

I now want a Mundo champion spotlight that's narrated by Mundo in first person.

Mundo goes where he pleases.

Mundo says your fired.

As a jungler, what do you do when the other team has no jungler and top lane is warded? If you go top, you can't get a kill and you waste time/exp. But if you don't go top, you lose the lane.

Ferrio

Banned
As a jungler, what do you do when the other team has no jungler and top lane is warded? If you go top, you can't get a kill and you waste time/exp. But if you don't go top, you lose the lane.

Steal their jungle, go through their jungle and out of tri bush if they're purple.. Both you and top will start to out level them, then its easy gank time. Also you have uncontested dragon so your team should have the gold advantage.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Jungle nerfs probably fucked you over a lot, since normally you'd let your top endure and just boost the leveling.

Depends on who you top is too. Certain common tops just get wrecked in a 1v2 spot. Ones like Singed and Nasus with the baby starts are going to be zoned hard.

Kinda disappointed to see the game is Windows only. I hate having to reboot into Windows. :(

traded some TF2 stuff for Dota2. I'll give that a try and see what I really think of the genre.

brian!

In addition to what everyone else said, feel free to head top regardless of ward and blow all your spells on their laners, if you can make one or two go back, huzzah

Boken

Banned

Lane ganks are ALWAYS open - make sure your laner has CC though.

Also, if theyre pushed to your tower, it's generally too late for them to back out, especially if your laner has a slow.

If blue: Gank through the tribrush

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Lane ganks are ALWAYS open - make sure your laner has CC though.

Also, if theyre pushed to your tower, it's generally too late for them to back out, especially if your laner has a slow.

If blue: Gank through the tribrush

Is it really a gank though with the jungle nerfs if it's 2v2 and both you and your lane partner have good health, but so does the enemy? Might just be me being nitpicky here, but IDK if that's a gank. More like a solid 2v2 battle when you roll top from the jungle.

Ferrio

Banned
Is it really a gank though with the jungle nerfs if it's 2v2 and both you and your lane partner have good health, but so does the enemy? Might just be me being nitpicky here, but IDK if that's a gank. More like a solid 2v2 battle when you roll top from the jungle.

It's 2v2 and you guys have level advantage, as well as the possibility of surprise. Even if the kill fails, going in there and keeping them honest is always good.

Mechazawa

Ah, don't you just love it when you have to elbow a bunch of dudes to get to the new champion that you really like on the first day, put the game down for a night or so and then come back to an empty court?

More Viktor for Mecha.

bjaelke

"What? Ezreal got first blood? How is this possible? Who's his support? Oh it's Sona, that explains a lot. Somehow Ezreal managed to get the last hit in"

"Great. Ezreal just died to Malaria. The jungler didn't even come gank. Ezreal just died to disease walking in grass. Ezreal's so weak that he dies to things that doesn't even exist in this game."

"See that's why they didn't release the Pulsefire Ezreal, they were afraid people would actually play him and realize how bad he is...then never play him again"
This is a gold mine
KuGsj.gif

http://www.nerfplz.com/2011/12/theoddones-compiled-ezreal-quotes.html

Ragnamith

What do people pick against her?

Anything with HP or simply Kassadin.
Kassadin his Q has the same range but does more damage and instantly silences you, making him win the harass fight that's going on pre-6. Then when he's 6 he is probably ahead in farm and will simply laugh at leblanc.
Talking from experience :(

Inskipp

Not sure if this was posted yet, but here's a list of counter picks to every champ (except Viktor, since he's new and all). Pretty neat.

damn, really? LOL. I guess I'm booting into windows regardless, then. but I was going to pick up Dota2 anyway, so it's fine. I guess I know why I haven't received a Beta invite yet!

oh shit, really?

edit: downloading!

Mind you, on Mac it runs at 20 FPS while on the same machine Windows gives me 57. I only run it on Mac if I'm feeling lazy.

Ferga

Not sure if this was posted yet, but here's a list of counter picks to every champ (except Viktor, since he's new and all). Pretty neat.

Viktor gets countered by ad mid, anyone with a stun (annie,sion), leblanc, kass, morg....

Pretty much everyone since his range is just so bad and his death ray is easy to dodge :\
Feels like a waste of my ip

Blizzard

Banned
Some weird stuff there as Gangplank is a counter to Rumble, but Rumble is a counter to Ganglplank...
I felt like some of the counters don't really work well if this hasn't changed since the last time I bookmarked it. It's nice to have a guide though, in theory!

AcridMeat

Banned
Viktor gets countered by ad mid, anyone with a stun (annie,sion), leblanc, kass, morg....

Pretty much everyone since his range is just so bad and his death ray is easy to dodge :\
Feels like a waste of my ip

I've been doing really well with him in bottom lane. What, you guys don't like two AP meta? Screw you!

Congrats!

One day I want to find a champion (or 3) that I can use to consistently carry the game with. Are Graves, Xerath, and Yi good choices?

Graves, Xerath, and then maybe Skarner, Noct, Lee for jungle. If you could learn three of those, you'd have a strong bot, mid, and top/jungle. Yi is too squishy and depends on team comp. He can be a slam dunk in the right comp though.

Had a game with my friends a few days ago that was entirely based around supporting a super fed Yi. Had a Morde, Galio, Kayle, and Gangplank on our team along with Yi. We were losing for most of the game until they baited me (Morde) into a bush, but I knew it was a bait. I run in, die after dealing a lot of damage, then our Galio flashes in and ults, Kayle ults Yi, and our Yi got a Quadra kill. Was a perfect example of what we were trying to do and it won us the game.

Graves, Xerath, and then maybe Skarner, Noct, Lee for jungle. If you could learn three of those, you'd have a strong bot, mid, and top/jungle. Yi is too squishy and depends on team comp. He can be a slam dunk in the right comp though.

Had a game with my friends a few days ago that was entirely based around supporting a super fed Yi. Had a Morde, Galio, Kayle, and Gangplank on our team along with Yi. We were losing for most of the game until they baited me (Morde) into a bush, but I knew it was a bait. I run in, die after dealing a lot of damage, then our Galio flashes in and ults, Kayle ults Yi, and our Yi got a Quadra kill. Was a perfect example of what we were trying to do and it won us the game.
I think the problem is that Yi rarely does well in any other situation. Anyone can do well fed, and I could be wrong here, but it seems like Yi has to be fed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom