• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
There just needs to be some way to escape Naut's ult, it should stop chasing after a certain distance is reached or if a flash is used.
His survivability, early game ganks, and clear times in early-mid/mid game are still way too strong. This is the real problem with the new jungle. Survivability with gold per ten items is too easy on certain champs, and clear times don't suffer at all. Depth Charge C/D is way too low too.

Ken

Edit: or just leave it as is and let people try to learn how to beat him.

He can't carry games on his own, even if you give 20 assists in the first 20 minutes.

Yeah, I agree that Depth Charge's CD is pretty low for something that gives a guaranteed kill most of the time.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
His survivability, early game ganks, and clear times in early-mid/mid game are still way too strong. This is the real problem with the new jungle. Survivability with gold per ten items is too easy on certain champs, and clear times don't suffer at all. Depth Charge C/D is way too low too.

I think the new jungle has it's fair share of balances issues as well, but I feel like the masses would come at me with torches and pitchforks if I brought this up.

Volimar

A pic from MLG:

FFEHd.jpg

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
This "clap track"-esque audio shit is kind of pathetic. Just focus on the damn game, this isn't baseball.

It reeks of "Look at how popular we are! League is a REAL e-sport guys!"

dimb

This "clap track"-esque audio shit is kind of pathetic. Just focus on the damn game, this isn't baseball.

It reeks of "Look at how popular we are! League is a REAL e-sport guys!"
MLG does this for every game.

Ferga

5 ranked games in a row where i completely destroy my lane by at least 60-80cs but all my other lanes lose.

6th game, I went jungle so i could babysit losing lanes but guess what? all of them lose and they just blame me because i can't babysit all of them.

Go support to see if i can make a difference in my next game, get my ad fed but all my other lanes still lose

Seriously, this game hates me.

from 1490 to 1300 in a day

Exact replica of what happened from when i was 1600 elo and lost over 150elo in one day due to 10 straight games of trolling premades.

I think i'm done playing seriously in ranked. I can't take it anymore. The stress is too high. Not even listening to mozart can calm me down

5 ranked games in a row where i completely destroy my lane by at least 60-80cs but all my other lanes lose.

6th game, I went jungle so i could babysit losing lanes but guess what? all of them lose and they just blame me because i can't babysit all of them.

Go support to see if i can make a difference in my next game, get my ad fed but all my other lanes still lose

Exact replica of what happened from when i was 1600 elo and lost over 150elo in one day due to 10 straight games of trolling premades.

I think i'm done playing seriously in ranked. I can't take it anymore. The stress is too high. Not even listening to mozart can calm me down

You sound like me 6 months ago.

Wow, TSM finally pulls it out in the 3rd match of a 2nd best of 3...

Wow.

CLG's team comp was horrible. They had no damage. Graves was their only real carry and he's not that great late game. Nidalee does not put out anywhere near enough and Kassadin is a burst/assassin type. They simply could not stop those pushes and didn't win the laning phase hard enough with their lineup to make it viable.

I think Nidalee was really was the weak pick there. If they had a real AD bruiser carry they might have been able to pull it off.

Boken

Banned

Don't make me post my rant again. If you're owning your lane go help another lane!

You sound like me 6 months ago.

CLG's team comp was horrible. They had no damage. Graves was their only real carry and he's not that great late game. Nidalee does not put out anywhere near enough and Kassadin is a burst/assassin type. They simply could not stop those pushes and didn't win the laning phase hard enough with their lineup to make it viable.

I think Nidalee was really was the weak pick there. If they had a real AD bruiser carry they might have been able to pull it off.
Yeah I really didn't like their team comp. I was worried in the previous game but Kassadin and Vayne were going unchecked.

Blizzard

Banned

I think losing and winning streaks happen, but overall if you devote 200-400 hours to playing games, it should even out in theory (yes this is kind of ridiculous).

It sounds like you're not duo queueing, which is a huge problem -- if you duo queue say, mid and top, and both always win your lanes, you should be much more likely to win the game.

Last but not least you probably violated the rule I always violate, which is quit after two straight losses and take a break of at minimum a few hours. If you lose again, stop for a day. That will at minimum probably stop you from losing 10 games in a day, if you restrict yourself to only PLAYING 3 games a day. =P

Ferga

Don't make me post my rant again. If you're owning your lane go help another lane!

Yeah I really didn't like their team comp. I was worried in the previous game but Kassadin and Vayne were going unchecked.

Ohhhh trust me I do, I go to dragon from top everytime I see the enemy bot lane backing, ganking mid on the way. I buy a pink ward and ping and type dragon non stop and no one bloody comes even though they're all full hp. This happened 4 times tonight. In that period, I lose over 30cs for no reason.

In that game as the jungler, I get my ad a double kill at bot lane then ping dragon. The support and ad B while typing: wait let us buy first

Seriously what the fuck. I'm use to accessing what I can do better in every game I play but tonight, I made absolutely no mistakes. I was completely map aware, knew when to get objectives, warded my other lanes plus my own but the main problem was, my team never listened to my pings.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Ohhhh trust me I domy team never listened to my pings.

I keep telling people never play ranked in weekend or holiday, and no one listen. Especially when huge tournement is playing live, most people serious about the game are watching instead of playing.

Blizzard

Banned
I keep telling people never play ranked in weekend or holiday, and no one listen. Especially when huge tournement is playing live, most people serious about the game are watching instead of playing.
This is also good advice. I feel like playing past say, 9-10 EST is a terrible idea on the NA server as well.

Barely won a match as Nasus. oh god save me
- Annie with Mobility, Void, Tear, Deathcap in that order.
- Tryn with 4x PDs, Zerk and Vamp Scept. He wasn't even dunking. Explodes whenever he tries to attack a properly built Singed with Thornmail.
- Wukong with BLOODRAZOR RUSH WHY.

Really thankful we had a proper Fiora with Tiamat that got fed.

dimb

I actually think mobility boots on Annie are an interesting choice. She is a strong ganker, so if you can roam from mid lane quickly you can come down on other lanes pretty hard.

Barely won a match as Nasus. oh god save me
- Annie with Mobility, Void, Tear, Deathcap in that order.
- Tryn with 4x PDs, Zerk and Vamp Scept. He wasn't even dunking. Explodes whenever he tries to attack a properly built Singed with Thornmail.
- Wukong with BLOODRAZOR RUSH WHY.

Really thankful we had a proper Fiora with Tiamat that got fed.

LMAO 4 PD's!!!!! Why do I not see an IE in his build. Tryn without an IE ie useless. His main strength is hit hard with his Crits.

I agree that if you're losing, you need to stop and take a break. If the odds of winning are 50%, and each game is independent of others, it's not that hard to rack up a streak.

I try to control my playing time by just playing until I get my first of the day (or have a build/champ I want to try and stop once I've done pretty well with it).

zkylon

zkylewd
Man I can't wait for next week's free champion rotation. I'm tired of Darius and everything about him...

Annie with boots of mobility? Gotta try that one of these days, though I don't think I can let go of my beautiful sorcerer's shoes. I feel such a huge damage bump when buying those...

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Quick question: I start with boots 3 health on Morg.

I try to get a fast blasting wand so that I can farm better with my W. Should I be picking up a catalyst or Sorc's boot first instead? Does it make a big difference?

zkylon

zkylewd
Quick question: I start with boots 3 health on Morg.

I try to get a fast blasting wand so that I can farm better with my W. Should I be picking up a catalyst or Sorc's boot first instead? Does it make a big difference?
Won't directly help with farming but both will give you more harass and if the other mid can't farm, then you're winning. I like to buy a Doran's Ring early (sometimes I start with it, depends on who I am facing) when I play Annie or Lux mid since mana regen, AP and health are all things I need. I'm gonna try buying two and see if I can skip the Rod of Ages altogether. My build would be: Sorcerer's Shoes, Void Stuff, Rabadon's Cap, Morello's Evil Tome and Zhonya's Hourglass, though I never get to buy the last one.

edit: forgot about sixth item. That usually changes, but it's usually a Rod of Ages. I don't really like that item, so I might trade it for a Rilay, but I don't like it either. Spending 3k on something for 60-80 AP feels like a lot, specially when Rabbadon's gives you 140...

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I tend to only buy a Doran's ring if I'm behind and can't afford any core items, starting with it just seems too risky for me.

zkylon

zkylewd
I tend to only buy a Doran's ring if I'm behind and can't afford any core items, starting with it just seems too risky for me.
I always buy a couple wards, so I usually don't spend ~800 for a core item until a little later, so 475 on a Doran's Ring is more affordable. Obviously it depends on how I'm doing, but most of the times the first core item I'll buy are the boots, since I love the extra mobility and damage bump against champions. It'll also help with farming since it's flat magic penetration instead of percentage (ignore this, I thought magic penetration could get your magic resistance below zero, but turns out only magic resistance reduction does that).

bjaelke

Man I can't wait for next week's free champion rotation. I'm tired of Darius and everything about him...
Garen
Ryze
Rammus
Miss Fortune
Skarner
Singed
Jax
Xerath
Corki
Taric
These numbers are just for the MLG tournament and were played according to that ruleset. The Jax winrate makes me laugh because that was prenerf.
Ah okay. I only thought map prioritization was given in ranked/solo queue and not in custom games.

Swig_

I haven't played since Diablo3 came out.. any major changes to anything I need to know about? Or any major nerfs/buffs to champions? It feels strange playing after not playing for a month.

I really hate Riot's business model. I've spent over $300 on this game, I stop playing for a few months, I come back and now there's 10 more heroes to buy that are all obviously 6300 IP. It's ridiculous. They need to have some sort of program to reward people who have spent a lot of money.

I really hate Riot's business model. I've spent over $300 on this game, I stop playing for a few months, I come back and now there's 10 more heroes to buy that are all obviously 6300 IP. It's ridiculous. They need to have some sort of program to reward people who have spent a lot of money.

Your reward is more awesome skins for the champions you already purchased. Only $7.50 each.

Hero

Not sure if serious? I've been playing this game for over a year and have spent 50 dollars total on this game. There's no way you need to have all the new champions. If you haven't been playing for months then just wait for them to be on a free week and try them out before buying them.

Ken

Stop buying champions. Buy more skins. Obviously.

zkylon

zkylewd
Only thing Riot needs to do to get me to spend money on their game is putting Reverse Annie on sale. Steam has forced my mind into not buying anything unless it's a bargain.

A permanent 10% IP boost would be awesome as well, like the Tribes guys do. I got the money to spend, but everything is so overpriced that I get ashamed on wasting 10 dollars on a skin.

Trying to pick up league again, playing a lot of dota 2 right now but most of my friends are still league players. I think the last time I played the new hero was talon, and holy shit are there so many new heroes. The abundance of money I would have to pay to even have competitive picks now would be insane, and its kind of serving as a deterrent to making me want to play again. Its a shame too because some of these new heroes (Darius) are fun to play and have more depth to them than the older heroes do. At the same time I don't see the reason why I would pick garen over darius.

I think the worst thing is that there is no IP decay so talon still has the same value that he had however many months ago. When I last played they also said that they were looking to make less ip expensive heroes, yet they have all been 6300 ip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom