• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

I think I might hop on the Malphite train for BadGAF games tomorrow since our initiation in team fights is terrible.

I'm more into Ashe and her ultimate for initiating because of its global range (and because it's Ashe) but I prefer the jungle since I don't have to last hit.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Enjoy your fotm malphite top. It will be nerfed soon enough, and the rise of the Garen will commence.
They won't nerf Malphite until after his new skin comes out.
I think I might hop on the Malphite train for BadGAF games tomorrow since our initiation in team fights is terrible.
Sometimes I dream about BadGAF taking good comps.
Part of the reason our team fights are terrible is because of farm.

dimb

Whoa, big patch out of nowhere.
Players can now earn unlimited rewards per day in Co-op vs. AI. After 180 minutes, rewards continue to be earned at 75% the normal rate.
Custom games now have a separate pool of 120 daily reward minutes that is no longer shared with Co-op vs. AI.
Only applies to Summoners level 15+. Lower level Summoners earn unlimited rewards per day.
Updated the IP reward forumula for Co-op vs. AI:
Games of medium to long length will yield larger rewards
Games of short length will yield smaller rewards
On Summoner's Rift, "short" is generally less than 24 minutes
On The Crystal Scar, "short" is generally less than 12 minutes
Players should see an increase in IP reward per game so long as they aren't quickly steamrolling the bots
The Tournament Draft Custom Game mode will now allow Summoners to pause the game
Dodging a Ranked Game will no longer result in loss of Elo but the time before you can join any queue again has greatly increased
Adjusted the way Elo is handled for newly formed ranked teams; many new teams will see their Elo increase as a result.

Normal Draft Mode (Please note that these additions were incorrectly stated in the Darius patch notes)
Normal draft has changed so that premade groups are not prioritized over solo players
Solo players have a 20% chance of being the team captain with banning powers and first pick, regardless of the premade status of the rest of the team
If a solo player is not team captain, the player will be given a random slot in the pick order
If players group up before a game, their host absorbs all of their chances, i.e. the host of a 4-man premade has an 80% chance to be captain
A feedback sound now plays when spending mastery points

League of Legends v1.0.0.141

Annie

Summon: Tibbers
Reactivating 'Summon: Tibbers' while the Bear is active now allows you to control your pet, similar to Alt+Right Clicking
You will also see a self-only targeting particle when using this ability, depicting what command your pet is following

Caitlyn

Yordle Snap Trap now properly ignores unit collision when placed

Corki

Missile Barrage
Missile Barrage's area of effect and particle are now properly centered around the point of impact
Missile Barrage's spell icon is now tinted when 'The Big One' is ready

Mordekaiser

Children of the Grave
Reactivating 'Children of the Grave' while the Ghost is active now allows you to control your pet, similar to Alt+Right Clicking
You will also see a self-only targeting particle when using this ability, depicting what command your pet is following

Nidalee

If Pounce's movement extends past Nidalee's current movement order location, that order will be cancelled (she will no longer automatically walk backwards to that point)

Riven

If Broken Wings' movement extends past Riven's current movement order location, that order will be cancelled (she will no longer automatically walk backwards to that point)

Rumble

Rumble now has a marker at 50 Heat to denote when he has reached the Danger Zone
Flamespitter is now more responsive especially while moving and turning
Electro-Harpoon now has a swirling icon overlay and a slight icon shift to denote the second shot

Shaco

Hallucinate
Reactivating 'Hallucinate' while the Clone is active now allows you to control your pet, similar to Alt+Right Clicking

Soraka

Fixed a bug where Wish would sometimes not grant assists

Tristana

Fixed a bug with Explosive Shot's passive not working correctly with Madred's Razors and Wriggle's Lantern

Warwick

Blood Scent
Warwick will now immediately gain the bonus of Blood Scent if he reduces a target’s health below 50%
Warwick will now immediately gain the bonus of Blood Scent when it is activated

Veigar

Event Horizon will now always correctly stun enemies who use dash abilities to pass through it

Viktor

Tuned Death Ray travel speeds and hitbox precision, especially when cast near walls
Fixed an issue where Chaos Storm could sometimes be cast twice

Yorick

Omen of Death
Reactivating 'Omen of Death' while the Ghoul is active now allows you to control your pet, similar to Alt+Right Clicking

Items

Mana Potion gold cost reduced to 35 from 40

Co-op vs. AI

Added Alistar Bot and Dr. Mundo Bot
Intermediate bots will now sell their Doran's items to buy an additional item after completing their builds
Beginner bots will no longer purchase elixirs
Updated several bots' item builds

General

Summoner’s Rift (Winter) has been disabled
Updated the Item Shop to display 8 build options for items, increased from 6
Circle portraits are now correctly aligned with team colored outlines during announcements
There is now new messaging to inform players that leaving games can result in temporary bans in League of Legends
Neutral Minion Camps now have new icons on the Minimap
Champions that have died now display an icon on the Minimap
Updated several Champion art assets including splash art and icons for various Akali, Alistar, Amumu, Caitlyn, Mundo, Jax, Renekton, Tristana, Teemo, Twisted Fate, Warwick, Xin Zhao, and Pantheon skins
Fixed several missing particles for various Champions

Ken

The servers are deeeeead

I don't normally browse the official LoL forums but I did to check to see if there was any time frame in which the servers would be up. And then I found this:

Today, 09:48 AM
This is ridiculous. It's sunday and all your community wants to do is sit down and play some League of Legends. Why is Riot implementing a fraction of a patch that's soon to come? Honestly, the Draven patch was pathetic but I prefer it over this bull****. Delay the patch instead of delay the entire server. This is clearly a pathetic rush job and someone dun' goofed.

"All XP and IP boosts are always extended for the length of any server instability or downtime."

Now that is going to piss allot of people off. We don't want an extension, we want our ****ing sunday back. It's not like 'ok, cool. def not going to work on monday.' That was stupid.

Please, next time release the buggy patch as one big **** storm, rather than little bits of terd ruining my gaming day.

Originally Posted by Keezie
FREE game? FREE GAME? I've purchased the collectors editions as well as IP boosts, skins, etc over the past two years well over $400 USD worth of items on the newest champ packs, etc. I could play TERA online monthly and still pay less than I do for a new champ on release with a skin bundle. This game isn't free for those that actually support it. If it was a P2P, I'd actually enjoy the dwindled numbers of festering kids trolling it.

I don't think I'll be going back again.

I'm bored. I have 134 Steam games I should play but I want to play LoL. :<

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Veigar is such a fun mid to play. I just wish he would shut the hell up and stop calling everything a short joke.

I'm bored. I have 134 Steam games I should play but I want to play LoL. :<

Play Mount and Blade with me, it's eating my life away :D.

Edit: Just noticed

"Dodging a Ranked Game will no longer result in loss of Elo but the time before you can join any queue again has greatly increased"

Might start playing ranked now.

Ken

Veigar is such a fun mid to play. I just wish he would shut the hell up and stop calling everything a short joke.

"Dodging a Ranked Game will no longer result in loss of Elo but the time before you can join any queue again has greatly increased"

I don't have M&B. D:

Volimar

From a Riot member on the forums. This is why I love them.

tumblr_m2c51e3HF01rtyprbo1_400.png

Q8D3vil

trolls have won.....

Blizzard

Banned
Enjoy your fotm malphite top. It will be nerfed soon enough, and the rise of the Garen will commence.
If Malphite gets nerfed after his buff, and becomes virtually useless and unused after the nerf, I will be sad. Malphite is one of the very first champions I ever tried to play. I'm always afraid of kneejerk nerfs. :(

35 gold mana potions, rejoice (maybe)!

Does anyone have advice for defeating 15-potion mordekaiser aside from "get your jungler to help"?

Finally, I'm kind of amused at the ranked dodge penalty. It sounds like LESS of a penalty, if anything, but I guess overall it will mean fewer people will dodge in a row. One interesting thing is that people will presumably no longer be able to drop their ELO intentionally to smurf stomp, since if they try to feed to do it they might get reported and banned for a day or two, and if they dodge their ELO won't drop.

The official Riot forums are a cesspool. I feel sorry for their community managers.

The art updates are weird. They didn't update classic Akali, but they did for Nurse and Blood Moon.

Akali - Nurse, Blood Moon
Alistar - Golden
Amumu - Classic
Caitlyn - Resistance, Sheriff
Mundo - Classic
Jax - Classic, Vandal
Pantheon - Classic, Myrmidon, Full Metal (?)
Renekton - Classic, Blood Fury (?)
Tristana - None...
Teemo - Classic
Twisted Fate - Classic, Jack of Hearts, The Magnificent, Tango
Warwick - None...
Xin Zhao - Imperial

Ken

First ranked game of the morning and I have a Sejuani jungle. I think Riot is secretly broadcasting Soda's Seju games.

Edit: nvm someone dodged at the last second.

Some people in my ranked lobby were saying the game was lagging and they were unable to select their champions so just a caveat for anyone jumping on for ranked.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Still a dumb time to release a patch. Tech people should know you never push a patch during the middle of a Sat/Sun unless it's something that's a critical fix. You'd prefer to push out patches over night if possible, and Tuesday (aka Riot's normal day) is usually the preferred day in general for patches in the tech world.

You never patch over the weekend cause it's the weekend. You never patch Friday cause if something fucks up it's right before the weekend. You don't patch Monday cause it's the 1st day back after the weekend and so people need to get into the flow of their stuff. Tuesday or maybe even Wednesday work because it's mid week, and you have time to fix things if shit goes bonkers before the weekend comes.

It's no excuse for the LoL forums which like most all official forums attract a large swath of people which include a ton of crazy posters, trolls, and haters. That being said I wonder who's so dumb over at Riot to say "Hey lets push out a new stealth patch on Sunday Morning!" Amateurish to the max.

PS: 7 min que for me.

Ken

Kind of dislike the use of Chinese Art for several of the champions (like Jax, TF, and Pantheon) although I really like Teemo's new art.

Samyy

game is so buggy right now, wow. Everything is taking ages to load and twice people have dodged because they havent been able to pick champs and got a random.

yeah, I don't really understand why they patched Sunday either. Could of easily just waited until the middle of the day tomorrow when everyone is at work. Oh well.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't have M&B. D:
Dude, you're missing out! Get it this summer sale or I'll get it for you.

The official Riot forums are a cesspool. I feel sorry for their community managers.

The art updates are weird. They didn't update classic Akali, but they did for Nurse and Blood Moon.

Akali - Nurse, Blood Moon
Alistar - Golden
Amumu - Classic
Caitlyn - Resistance, Sheriff
Mundo - Classic
Jax - Classic, Vandal
Pantheon - Classic, Myrmidon, Full Metal (?)
Renekton - Classic, Blood Fury (?)
Tristana - None...
Teemo - Classic
Twisted Fate - Classic, Jack of Hearts, The Magnificent, Tango
Warwick - None...
Xin Zhao - Imperial
No updates on any of my champs :(

I wish they upgraded Lux's, they're all so ugly...

Yesterday I had my first team fight on minute 1. Their whole team came to steal blue, so we got two kills on each team, then we spent like five minutes fighting on mid, all ten players in level 1, one ability at a time, with crazy cooldowns and ridiculously low damage outputs. We were laughing our asses off the whole time, until both teams went back to their senses and took their lanes...

Avinexus

Kind of dislike the use of Chinese Art for several of the champions (like Jax, TF, and Pantheon) although I really like Teemo's new art.

The actually full page Chinese art look way better, but the little champ icons look worse (or just out of place).

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Riot probably did the patch today because Dreamhack is going on, they assume most people are watching instead of playing.

I don't have M&B. D:

It will probably go on summer sale for like 5-8 bucks, it's crazy addicting if you're into strategy and army management kind of games.

Ken

I wish they upgraded Lux's, they're all so ugly...

That's one I want.

Had a 12/2 game as Draven but lost because our Rammus left at level 14 and our Jax was an idiot, kept going out on his own, never being in teamfights, and thought he was 1v3 master because he 1v1'd Kog once during midgame. He tried it again at late game and was melted and then went AFK. Hate this game.

Koomaster

The Panda Teemo skin is in the store but it says 'unavailable'.

I noticed it in champ select and I am like - oh man, if I had known before this game. Played all game waiting for new Teemo skin at the end of the rainbow... teh disappointed now. ~___~ *sleeps forever till pandas are available*

dimb

I feel less bad about not being able to push inhib turrets late game when M5 can't take a tower down when they're 30k ahead with Baron.

HOLY SHIT CLG

Edit: See, that's the effect team discipline and morale have in a game. CLG were extremely fragile for the longest time, but by stonewalling they managed to farm to a point where they could pose a threat. However, they needed to stay focused and disciplined, which is something you don't really see outside of tournament games.

damn :(

How did CLG pull it off?

30k is a pretty big difference.

They stonewalled at mid. It was ridiculous; none of M5 were willing to go in, even though ALL of them had 2.5k+ health and tons of defense, plus staying power.

CLG caught one or two in team fights and melt them INSTANTLY, and stayed focused in fights, backing out as needed.

Eventually after a very, very successful teamfight CLG pushed out bot, camped M5 blue, and insta-nuked their Karthus. This gave them the leeway to press bot.

They then started the siege that M5 tried at their mid, but... Tristana's range plus the willingness of CLG's members to dive in and give Tristana room to hit the tower made the difference. Tristana hit Focus Fire and the tower went down fast, followed by the inhibitor.

This gave them even more leeway, and they ran to Baron and took that, too. Forced a messy teamfight where I don't know how they came out on top. Took Baron, and just ran straight past the towers to hit the nexus towers and end the game.

Blizzard

Banned
I would probably be more impressed without the OP champs like Anivia.
What champions do you consider OP? That really seems like an excuse -- if they are truly OP, why didn't the other team pick some OP champions?

I'd have to go back and look at the tourney stats for Anivia though, since I didn't notice what happened with her previously.

What champions do you consider OP? That really seems like an excuse -- if they are truly OP, why didn't the other team pick some OP champions?

I'd have to go back and look at the tourney stats for Anivia though, since I didn't notice what happened with her previously.

I think he's being sarcastic.

BUT! I hear Froggen is crazy amazing with Anivia.

dimb

It wasn't a very interesting game really. Very boring unless you like watching a team sit in base. People blaming M5 for not pushing in don't get it. Anivia has three forms of CC that all block the base entrance/exit, and any minion wave was instantly cleared before it could even get into base. M5 had no serious poke or long range AD to push the tower down.

Teams do pick OP champs all the time. Certain ones just excel in specific situations. Anivia is always good though, she's just harder to play than other champs. Even most pros just take champs that are easy to play, but more and more are picking Anivia up. Anivia had the highest KDA ratio at the last MLG, dying .4 times a game on average.

Anivia, Malphite, Alistar, Nautilus, all of these champions are pretty stupidly strong right now. There are probably more I just am not thinking about. It's one of the reasons there has been a resurgence of Irelia, because of her CC reduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom