• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing new in the store, right?

No, unfortunately not. I want more champion sales. I'm guessing the newer ones are not going on sale anytime soon and I'll have to get them with IP, but the slightly older ones that I don't (Ezreal, Vladimir, Orianna, Swain, Trundle) should go on sale. :(

Ken

No, unfortunately not. I want more champion sales. I'm guessing the newer ones are not going on sale anytime soon and I'll have to get them with IP, but the slightly older ones that I don't (Ezreal, Vladimir, Orianna, Swain, Trundle) should go on sale. :(

Maybe we'll get an Ezreal sale for PFE Ez.

Probably not.

DoornicK

Neo Member

Vlad is on sale rigth now, I bougth him 2 days ago. Hurry up because it finishes today I think.

Ark

CLGeu v Fnatic G1, nice and close finish.

Thought Fnatic would take the first game, but CLG just outplayed them really.

I don't think any LoL games this decade are going to equal CLGeu Vs TSM at MLG and CLGeu against M5 last night.

Boken

Banned
Thought Fnatic would take the first game, but CLG just outplayed them really.

I don't think any LoL games this decade are going to equal CLGeu Vs TSM at MLG and CLGeu against M5 last night.

CLGeu v TSM was great, but CLGeu v M5 last night was influenced by the team comps. Outplayed comebacks are much more exciting to watch (like CLGeu v Fnatic g1). Defending from 30k behind is pretty cool though.

Ark

CLGeu v TSM was great, but CLGeu v M5 last night was influenced by the team comps. Outplayed comebacks are much more exciting to watch (like CLGeu v Fnatic g1). Defending from 30k behind is pretty cool though.

I agree with the team comps, but it was still such a thrilling game.

Also for anyone interested, this is the song playing at the moment on the Dreamhack stream.

dave is ok

aztek is ok

Vlad was on sale this weekend and Ezreal was on sale a week ago

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I agree with the team comps, but it was still such a thrilling game.
There isn't much thrilling about finding out that the game is fundamentally broken if you are trying to push a base against Alistar/Soraka/Anivia. Maybe a team with serious poke could have done more for M5, but they had no way of getting into the base, or initiating the fight in a decisive manner.

Boken

Banned
Sigh, killjoys.

Yeah, soda is quite the kill joy. CLGeu supporter here so it was fun :D. 30k should be able to overcome the team comp weakness that M5 had. I'm not discounting what CLG did.

CLGeu's win had nothing to do with an OP teamcomp, M5 had an early game orientated comp built around lane dominance - they had no way to initiate, catch or to poke. The fault lay with M5 for not pushing their advantage nor did they shut froggen down, not on CLGeu for building such an OP team. They had NO CC lol

Anyway, more M5 v CLGeu goodness

dimb

I'm not trying to take away the fact that CLG EU is playing really well, or that M5 is doing a poor job of building team comps to fight CLG EU's playstyle. The strength of Anivia and Tristana's clearing combined with the mana battery that is Soraka and Alistar's heals and counter-initiation just made it an incredibly difficult combo for any team to push an inhib tower on.

I really wish there were more bans to help break up static team comps while allowing teams to still hit the most powerful champions.

dimb

M5 must be drunk.

They just tried to replay last night's game with a worse team comp.
Many teams feel the need to ban Urgot and Nautilus right now. That ate up two of their bans and M5 probably thought if they pushed the game into a similar situation Corki + Twisted Fate would be able to poke them down enough while Anivia ran out of mana if they banned Soraka.

Boken

Banned
They're actually picking/banning atm. They say MOBA games get drawn out but look at this weird shooty pew pew game making everybody late.

So Malphite is free in our region this week. Feels like Alistar but with more of a sustained disruption rather than bursty ones. Atmallet Malphite soooo stronk and he's pretty ridiculous against AD carries.

dimb

So Malphite is free in our region this week. Feels like Alistar but with more of a sustained disruption rather than bursty ones. Atmallet Malphite soooo stronk and he's pretty ridiculous against AD carries.
Malphite doesn't get as much out of health as other tanky champions, and AD isn't really his thing. You would get much more out of building heavier CDR, armor, and some AP. Combos like Abyssal Scepter and Sunfire are good if you are steamrolling. Randuin's Omen is one of the best items in the game too, and is hard to miss out on and Malphite can also gain a lot from a Frozen Heart. If you really feel the need to keep building health the gains from Rylai's Crystal Scepter are bigger on Malphite than building a Frozen Mallet.

Why AP though? Q has an OK scale on AP but R feels like it's just for utility. I have to admit that Q was doing a great amount of damage during lane.

Past two games I was gunning for Mercs, Frozen, Wits, Atma, Randuin then situational, though both times I only ended up with Atma before enemy surrendered. 40% bonus AD for 6 seconds is rather big. IIRC last game I had 180 AD with Atmallet so 72 bonus AD is just too good to pass up. Still not sure about my starter though. I tried both cloth 5 and Doran Shield and both went well. I was debating on Doran Ring for the mana regen.

I really liked how my friend went with Fidd. It was great how either of us could initiate. One time I ulted in then Fidd jumped with the ult. They tried focusing him down but he triggered Zhonya before dying.

dimb

Why AP though? Q has an OK scale on AP but R feels like it's just for utility. I have to admit that Q was doing a great amount of damage during lane.

Past two games I was gunning for Mercs, Frozen, Wits, Atma, Randuin then situational, though both times I only ended up with Atma before enemy surrendered. 40% bonus AD for 6 seconds is rather big. IIRC last game I had 180 AD with Atmallet so 72 bonus AD is just too good to pass up. Still not sure about my starter though. I tried both cloth 5 and Doran Shield and both went well. I was debating on Doran Ring for the mana regen.
His ultimate has 100% AP scaling. Knocking multiple people with it will provide a pretty huge burst of damage if you come in with an R and then hit your E right away. The scaling on his Q for AP is on par with other casters. You really just don't get enough attack speed to effectively take advantage of high AD ratios as Malphite.

If you are starting as a laner you almost always want boots on every champion right now to help escape ganks and make the most use of your starter gold. Armor is still an okay start if you expect a tough lane.

Vlad is on sale rigth now, I bougth him 2 days ago. Hurry up because it finishes today I think.

Vlad was on sale this weekend and Ezreal was on sale a week ago

What? I've been checking the store for a week. Last week it was, like, Akali, TF, and someone else I already owned. I've seen no sales except 3 skins... I even checked last night. Are you guys NA?

I want a new avatar :( But I'm too lazy to actually make one.... Electrastar get on that asap! Leona or Janna gogo

Star'll be gone for the next month, yo.

garath

What? I've been checking the store for a week. Last week it was, like, Akali, TF, and someone else I already owned. I've seen no sales except 3 skins... I even checked last night. Are you guys NA?

Yeah. NA. He's been on sale all weekend. All the others you listed have been on sale in the last month too. :(

Boken

Banned
With LoL down last night, I found out I can seamlessly transition between HoN and LoL.

Master of none!

What the fuck? I've been playing every day and buying whoever is on sale. How did I miss this? Am I in an alternate universe?

You've been in funkytown

I had an amazing idea the other day

Summoner spells cost gold, you have to buy them from the ingame store.
OH SHIT MIND BLOWN.
It'll be a nominal amount of gold though, so like 300-450 gold, offensive cheaper than defensive. Flash will clearly be at 450g.
The gold can be another way to balance summoners woo! No more early game flashes! Smite costs 10g!

EDIT: Anivia, Ahri, Morgana bans from M5 lol. Froggen terror. Holy shit, CLG are picking terribly this game. Urgot for Irelia and Naut, Karthus and soraka for kog, alistar? nffff

M5 is more of an end game though. CLG has a stupid strong lane with Urgot and Soraka. I'm just wondering if Naut and Alistar are enough to protect Kog from Urgot and Karthus later on.

zkylon

zkylewd
I want a new avatar :( But I'm too lazy to actually make one.... Electrastar get on that asap! Leona or Janna gogo
Was bored and quickly threw these together:

j4X0zdRACaJn9.PNG
jb0ClKS0bL9dGx.PNG
jVnsRSp844frz.PNG

jIy4aUGO2eFOp.PNG
jLTDINrcSnSO6.PNG
j3eL1yPrR87jc.PNG

XeroSauce

Master of none!

You've been in funkytown

OH SHIT MIND BLOWN.
It'll be a nominal amount of gold though, so like 300-450 gold, offensive cheaper than defensive. Flash will clearly be at 450g.
The gold can be another way to balance summoners woo! No more early game flashes! Smite costs 10g!

EDIT: Anivia, Ahri, Morgana bans from M5 lol. Froggen terror. Holy shit, CLG are picking terribly this game. Urgot for Irelia and Naut, Karthus and soraka for kog, alistar? nffff

What if the whole team buys smite?
Early level 2 dragon? 1:56 Blue Buff?

Koomaster

OH SHIT MIND BLOWN.
For a second I thought you were talking about having to buy your abilities in the store. :p

In a gamebreaking/fun kind of way, may be interesting if you could pick OTHER champion's skills from the store to add to your own. Might have to have a limit on that though, maybe only 1 of a certain skill can be bought from the store per team and then it is 'sold out'. Otherwise you'd have a whole team pick Karthus' Ult and all cast it at the same time = instawin.

Froggen OP, 50 cs advantage as Karth vs Kassadin. Plus the team is so fricken beefy very tanky builds + maoki ult + soraka armor/mr, M5 could barely hurt anyone. Kassadin was just useless.

Boken

Banned
What if the whole team buys smite?
Early level 2 dragon? 1:56 Blue Buff?

Your whole team can select smite right now, do you think everybody would use smite instead of a flash/heal/exhaust/ignite slot if it was really cheap?

But hmm, the flaw in this idea is noted.

Ark

About time CLG.eu won a big LAN event, well deserved victory and that 2-0 on M5 was crazy. Would love to see them play TSM at a LAN again without the silly MLG issues.

Boken

Banned
Froggen OP, 50 cs advantage as Karth vs Kassadin. Plus the team is so fricken beefy very tanky builds + maoki ult + soraka armor/mr, M5 could barely hurt anyone. Kassadin was just useless.

My understanding of the game: CLGeu - got counterpicked mid and jungle np, won by overall game strategy - they grouped up early and pushed which prevents kassadin from owning karthus and ganking other lanes, prevents naut from ganking hardcore and kogmaw farming for free

IsayFever

My understanding of the game: CLGeu - got counterpicked mid and jungle np, won by overall game strategy - they grouped up early and pushed which prevents kassadin from owning karthus and ganking other lanes, prevents naut from ganking hardcore and kogmaw farming for free

Well they completely eliminated Irellia from the game as well. She had no presence and no farm to even do anything. Was 4v5 from like minute 15 onward

erragal

Well they completely eliminated Irellia from the game as well. She had no presence and no farm to even do anything. Was 4v5 from like minute 15 onward

Is it ever a good idea to pick someones best champion to go against them? You give them a huge tactical advantage that way. M5's jungler didn't seem very comfortable on Nautilus either, seemed like a forced pick.

IsayFever

Is it ever a good idea to pick someones best champion to go against them? You give them a huge tactical advantage that way. M5's jungler didn't seem very comfortable on Nautilus either, seemed like a forced pick.

eh in regards to top lane, Darien has won tournaments before playing Irellia so he's no slouch at it. Just completely counter picked and shut down by Mao/Renekton early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom