• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

I'm not quite sure what happened in that game. The game was very stale by the time we reached 50 points. There's was a lot of poke* on our team but no tanks. We had all built glass cannons (1200 AP), which meant that we couldn't siege any points. Their Heimerdinger singlehandedly kept us at bay. It was a lot of fun though.

*Caitlyn, Orianna, TF and Lux.

I logged in about 30 minutes ago and I didn't have a queue at all.

I've started using Deathfire Grasp in AP builds and I like it alot since it is basically another nuke.

I just find that I tend to lock up when I work it into a combo. Like I fire it off with another move then I lock up and don't know what to do while the enemy kills me.

Ken

I logged in about 30 minutes ago and I didn't have a queue at all.

I've started using Deathfire Grasp in AP builds and I like it alot since it is basically another nuke.

I just find that I tend to lock up when I work it into a combo. Like I fire it off with another move then I lock up and don't know what to do while the enemy kills me.

Don't you just shoot it off as your first attack and then do your normal skill, since it does %health damage based on current health?

Don't you just shoot it off as your first attack and then do your normal skill, since it does %health damage based on current health?

Yeah, like with Ahri you can use it with her ult before the ult hits, but for some reason I forget how to do the rest of my combo. :/

Maybe I should rebind it to an easier key.

So no one answered me. Why is LoL in a big clusterfuck right now? Outta the loop, so curious what caused all this.

They tried to update on the weekend, servers went down. Massive blowback and rage. Long queue's and all these other issues occurred. People are still having problems even today.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I don't mean to actively hate on anyone, but I can see heads rolling over at Riot for this. It's one thing if things get a bumpy roll out period during a game prelaunch/launch. It's another thing entirely for a game that's been out for a few years to just have as many problems as Riot has had surrounding their servers and this latest patch.

Blizzard

Banned
Back when I used to play LoL, I started building deathfire grasp on katarina since it's funny.

Deathfire + gunblade + shunpo + ult (I think you can ignite while ulting without interrupting the ult?) + Q and/or flash to kill if necessary. I seem to recall killing fed AD carries late game with that, which is hilarious, though of course they have to be terrible to get caught by it. Specifically, Vayne or Tristana can just cancel your ult if they think quickly enough.

The most happy moment was nuking fed 100% HP Corki with that combo as he came charging out of his base at me. I think it completely killed him and I survived with a bit of health left.

As for keys, I always tried to put DFG on 1 and gunblade on 2 so I was used to using the same key order combo (1 click 2 click ER).

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm guessing since the patch broke him? Other then that, normally you can't activate Requiem after 4 (?) seconds of his passive.
Huh that's good to know. So you could probably recall to base and not get hit by his ult, then. I always start eating pots and asking for heal like a crazyperson after an enemy Karthus gets killed.

I don't mean to actively hate on anyone, but I can see heads rolling over at Riot for this. It's one thing if things get a bumpy roll out period during a game prelaunch/launch. It's another thing entirely for a game that's been out for a few years to just have as many problems as Riot has had surrounding their servers and this latest patch.

The problems haven't even persisted a week and you're already calling for heads to roll? Holy kneejerk Batman.

I had no problem playing on Monday or Tuesday (login queue was longer than usual) so it's just Sunday and Wednesday. Obviously their latest patch is messing things up.

Koomaster

This seems a particularly bad time for it with all the tourneys going on which may bring in new players. For them then to experience this would leave a bad taste in their mouths toward the game.

Boken

Banned
Yeah, like with Ahri you can use it with her ult before the ult hits, but for some reason I forget how to do the rest of my combo. :/

Maybe I should rebind it to an easier key.

They tried to update on the weekend, servers went down. Massive blowback and rage. Long queue's and all these other issues occurred. People are still having problems even today.

Back when I used to play LoL, I started building deathfire grasp on katarina since it's funny.

Deathfire + gunblade + shunpo + ult (I think you can ignite while ulting without interrupting the ult?) + Q and/or flash to kill if necessary. I seem to recall killing fed AD carries late game with that, which is hilarious, though of course they have to be terrible to get caught by it. Specifically, Vayne or Tristana can just cancel your ult if they think quickly enough.

The most happy moment was nuking fed 100% HP Corki with that combo as he came charging out of his base at me. I think it completely killed him and I survived with a bit of health left.

As for keys, I always tried to put DFG on 1 and gunblade on 2 so I was used to using the same key order combo (1 click 2 click ER).

Smart cast the items.

Gain half an extra second of speed

Blizzard

Banned
Smart cast the items.

Gain half an extra second of speed
Yeah, I just have this irrational fear that I will start failing to hit deathfire and gunblade if I do that. I already go through stretches where I completely miss smartcast shunpo far too often.

Also I'm lazy. If I were a true pro I would get 3 or 4 bound to place wards so I can ward shunpo even more quickly.

garath

I'm guessing since the patch broke him? Other then that, normally you can't activate Requiem after 4 (?) seconds of his passive.

You're correct. You have to have enough of his passive left for the full cast time of Requiem. His passive is 7 seconds long and Requiem's cast time is 3 seconds. So spam that wall and lay waste for 4 seconds then ult :)

I wonder if Saintvicious already got his runes restored, lol.

It'd be nice to know if they've made any progress as to the content loss.

Yeah, I just have this irrational fear that I will start failing to hit deathfire and gunblade if I do that. I already go through stretches where I completely miss smartcast shunpo far too often.

Also I'm lazy. If I were a true pro I would get 3 or 4 bound to place wards so I can ward shunpo even more quickly.

How do you miscast Shunpo? It's not like you're smartcasting Alistar's WQ combo or whatever.

I have done the LeBlanc R before I was in range for Q though, so that's why smartcast range indicator's pretty important for stuff like that.

Blizzard

Banned
How do you miscast Shunpo? It's not like you're smartcasting Alistar's WQ combo or whatever.

I have done the LeBlanc R before I was in range for Q though, so that's why smartcast range indicator's pretty important for stuff like that.
Losing track of my mouse cursor, pressing it when it's not precisely over an enemy champion, or when a minion is highlighted instead that sort of stupid stuff.

Boken

Banned
Very aggressive Rivens can beat most of her ranged counters, especially at lower elos where people dont know when to move back into a safe position.

Ferrio

Banned
How do you smart cast? What is smart casting? Been playing for almost 2 years I'm a noob.

It's just another key binding. So just bind a key to the smart cast version.

Smartcast is when you hit a spell/item and it just casts where your cursor is. Much like flash.

zkylon

zkylewd
Played a match against bot with Jax and then with Fiora. Liked them both, though Fiora a little better. Surrendered after doing a pentakill (my first ever :3) in the bots base to avoid wasting the IP boost :D

XeroSauce

Played a match against bot with Jax and then with Fiora. Liked them both, though Fiora a little better. Surrendered after doing a pentakill (my first ever :3) in the bots base to avoid wasting the IP boost :D

lmfao that's an interesting way to play bots

AcridMeat

Banned
So the servers are up but I got a message that the login servers are down for maintenance, but no mention on the client, just their website.

Fuck the last few days. :/

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Bought some runes for 3k IP, went to runebook and they weren't there. Decided to just relog since it's probably just a glitch. Get hit with a 30min queue.

yay...

Ken

League of Legends
Summoners, we are experiencing issues with our servers and have taken the NA servers offline. Please follow our server status Twitter account for live updates.

Live updates -> http://goo.gl/xnYUl

Boken

Banned
Jax is like everything about Fiora but 100 times better though.
Fiora is easier to play.

League of Legends
Summoners, we are experiencing issues with our servers and have taken the NA servers offline. Please follow our server status Twitter account for live updates.

Live updates -> http://goo.gl/xnYUl

Riot pls

tumblr_m2c51e3HF01rtyprbo1_400.png

lyk dis if u cry evri tym

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
MY ELO DECAY TODAY!!!! SOMEONE BRING THE SERVER BACK UP QQQQQQQQQQQQQ

I can't drop by myself! I need to bring 4 other guys with me~~!

zkylon

zkylewd
Jax is like everything about Fiora but 100 times better though.
Yeah, could be, I have to actually play against real people to compare their strengths, but I put "fun factor" above all when picking champions, and Jax is cool but his skills weren't as fun as Fiora's. I already bought Jax, so I might as well play him :)

Now people, how many win IP boosts do we need to be content with this past week? I think I'd settle for 40 :D

Volimar

Yeah, could be, I have to actually play against real people to compare their strengths, but I put "fun factor" above all when picking champions, and Jax is cool but his skills weren't as fun as Fiora's. I already bought Jax, so I might as well play him :)

Now people, how many win IP boosts do we need to be content with this past week? I think I'd settle for 40 :D

At this point it will probably take a rune page or RP to appease the villagers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom